Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

my little pony FiM like it or hate it

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kamiu

kamiu

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
im a brony as well as a nights fan i am working on my newest nights/ my little pony artwork when i get it done i hope everyone will see it

dallie15

dallie15

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Infernape, Pokemon, uh.... isn't NiGHTS a given? I also love
    drawing.
Ooh, you're doing a MLP and NiGHTS crossover? That ought to be interesting. I must admit, I do like My Little Pony. I even made my own pony called Thunderlina. If you look her up, you can see what she looks like.

kamiu

kamiu

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Ooh, you're doing a MLP and NiGHTS crossover? That ought to be interesting. I must admit, I do like My Little Pony. I even made my own pony called Thunderlina. If you look her up, you can see what she looks like.

ok ill look her up and the new pony im making is going to look like shining armor but evil he is a maren pony.
UPDATE: i just uploaded my marenpony to da so everyone can see

Thoughtcrime82

Thoughtcrime82

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I'm a joker, I'm a gamer, I'm a midnight toker.
In answer to the like it or hate it question, hate is a strong word; but I'm amazed at it's popularity among adults - gaming forums are full of references to this show and I don't really get it. Just watched five minutes out of curiosity and, well, I still don't get it...

Is it the animation that you love? Do the stories make some clever moral/political point?

No disrespect intended, just no one's been able to explain MLP's cult appeal to me thus far.

kamiu

kamiu

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

In answer to the like it or hate it question, hate is a strong word; but I'm amazed at it's popularity among adults - gaming forums are full of references to this show and I don't really get it. Just watched five minutes out of curiosity and, well, I still don't get it...

Is it the animation that you love? Do the stories make some clever moral/political point?

No disrespect intended, just no one's been able to explain MLP's cult appeal to me thus far.

the appeal is for me that i have friends like the mane 6 that would stand by me like they do in the show. yes i do love the show i just would love this world to be like equestria

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting
I hate FiM, but not My Little Pony.
When I was a little girl collecting my little ponies was one of my hobbies. My grandfather and grandmother used to make trips down to the local car boot/flea market and would get them for me at 50p each. I acquired about 50+ ponies dating from the 1980's/90's before I grew up. When I first heard of this FiM show I watched it out of curiosity, and I temporarily liked it . But it just didn't seem to hold with me. I suppose it was down to that it was too different to the MLP I was familiar with, the art design the structure of the story etc. it didn't sit right with me at all.
It's quite sad now that MLP has moved on a lot, I used to have the Friendship Gardens game, which was the first ever thing I grew addicted to.
Another thing is that my traitor of an ex was a brony too, all I can now associate Bronies and FiM with is with him, it's painful seeing Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash crop up all over the place. Shame, they seem like good characters.
I respect your likes and dislikes and I hope you can respect mine.

kamiu

kamiu

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I hate FiM, but not My Little Pony.
When I was a little girl collecting my little ponies was one of my hobbies. My grandfather and grandmother used to make trips down to the local car boot/flea market and would get them for me at 50p each. I acquired about 50+ ponies dating from the 1980's/90's before I grew up. When I first heard of this FiM show I watched it out of curiosity, and I temporarily liked it . But it just didn't seem to hold with me. I suppose it was down to that it was too different to the MLP I was familiar with, the art design the structure of the story etc. it didn't sit right with me at all.
It's quite sad now that MLP has moved on a lot, I used to have the Friendship Gardens game, which was the first ever thing I grew addicted to.
Another thing is that my traitor of an ex was a brony too, all I can now associate Bronies and FiM with is with him, it's painful seeing Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash crop up all over the place. Shame, they seem like good characters.
I respect your likes and dislikes and I hope you can respect mine.

i have respect for any of the mlp fans. and did you know that they might be incorprating story lines from the first two genterations of mlp to fim

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting

i have respect for any of the mlp fans. and did you know that they might be incorprating story lines from the first two genterations of mlp to fim

I don't know whether you're from the UK or the US but there was a BBC article recetly about a past CBBC presenter critising modern children's TV for being too fast, noisy and gratuitous use of CGI graphics and I agree with him. Though FiM doesn't use CGI but for me it is too fast, too noisy and too sugar coated. I think incorporating the older generations would flat out ruin them as modernising it wouldn't be the same, leave the past in the past. If that kind of TV is what the kids like these days, fine but don't try to update old territory as it will most likely flop.

kamiu

kamiu

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I don't know whether you're from the UK or the US but there was a BBC article recetly about a past CBBC presenter critising modern children's TV for being too fast, noisy and gratuitous use of CGI graphics and I agree with him. Though FiM doesn't use CGI but for me it is too fast, too noisy and too sugar coated. I think incorporating the older generations would flat out ruin them as modernising it wouldn't be the same, leave the past in the past. If that kind of TV is what the kids like these days, fine but don't try to update old territory as it will most likely flop.

i do agree with you on to not add some gen 1 and 2 storylines but i would love to see some of the past generation ponys apear in one ep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users