Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

SegaManFTW's Content

There have been 6 items by SegaManFTW (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100835 Yuji Naka makes spiritual successor to NiGHTS

Posted by SegaManFTW on 25 March 2015 - 05:43 AM in Community Corner

Its been so long since this was announced. After all of this waiting, I can't believe its finally coming out! And with the original Wii version too! Man its gonna be great to play a Yuji Naka game again!

#100834 NiGHTS in Worlds Unite Hype Thread

Posted by SegaManFTW on 25 March 2015 - 05:41 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

As someone who used to love to read the Sonic Archie comics back in the day, I am really excited for this! I really want to read the original World Collide comic first (especially seeing its getting an omnibus edition soon), and then I will probably buy each of these comics as they are released. The fact NiGHTS is in it just makes it all the more exciting!

Also, didn't the Sonic comic's reboot? I heard there were some legal issues with the rights to some of the comic's original characters or something like that, so they had to reboot the universe so they could start back from square one and get rid of all of those complicated original characters and plot lines? 

#100833 First 4 Figures Statue

Posted by SegaManFTW on 25 March 2015 - 05:13 AM in Community Corner

Yeah it's pretty cool how although they chose the JoD outfit, the pose and moon and everything is very classic NiD. I agree about the wrists, they should be made less obvious.. also the base, I would've expected maybe something more suggestive of the Ideya Palace or maybe Twin Seeds or Bellbridge. The stars base is nice, but kind of plain.

I have to say the F4F release has given me a bit of motivation to get back into making my own NiGHTS sculpt, which would still be total NiD design.

I was really expecting one of them to be the base myself. The strange star base REALLY threw me off at first, but now I think its pretty obvious that they were trying to replicate this:

Nights%20into%20Dreams%20(E)%20Front.jpg

Once I realized that, I pretty much nerded all over the place. I absolutely love how they basically combined the pose and atmosphere of this old and iconic piece of artwork with the more detailed and newer JoD design for NiGHTS. Its a wonderful artistic choice that celebrates the NiGHTS of old and the NiGHTS now, and I love it. I really hope my credit card gets here in time before it sells out!!!

#100828 First 4 Figures Statue

Posted by SegaManFTW on 24 March 2015 - 09:22 PM in Community Corner

I would totally get the exclusive light up edition of the statue, but I am fine with the regular one. Now, I just need my new credit card to come in the bloody mail already so I can actually buy the thing. It is also a lot cheaper than I thought it would be, so that makes me very happy! 

So are you all happy with how it turned out or were you hoping for something different? The only complaint I really have is that the base could have been better. 

#100825 First 4 Figures Statue

Posted by SegaManFTW on 21 March 2015 - 08:47 PM in Community Corner

Well that certainly caught me off guard. But this is so exciting! I have never bought anything from First 4 Figures before, so this will be a new experience for me if I think I am able to afford it. 

#100787 First 4 Figures Statue

Posted by SegaManFTW on 11 October 2014 - 07:34 AM in Community Corner

Hello everyone!

It has been a long, and I mean a LONG, time since I have been on these forums (I don't think I even posted anything now that I think about it). Its been a long time since I have really dabbled in anything NiGHTS related really, but I wanted to get my old account up again and start becoming a more active member of the community to my favorite SEGA video game.

So, a few days ago, First 4 Figures announced they were making a Dr. Robotnik statue. This reminded me that many moons ago, they did a poll to see what character we would want to see made in the future, with NiGHTS coming in second or third place (it was a long time ago so its hard to remember exactly). Do you think that, seeing they have been making the classic Sonic statues for this long now, that we may finally get that NiGHTS statue? I have always felt that NiGHTS was a franchise that was lacking severely in the merchandise department (stuff that isn't a pain to find that is), so I think this would be a wonderful change of pace. What do you guys think?