Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Capcom's big news

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

apsyd

apsyd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

-

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
It better be a Maximo sequel.

THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH I HAVE BEEN WAITING!!!1

Sorry, major fangirl..

apsyd

apsyd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

-

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Eh, they've already begun redoing the Classic and X series on the PSP. What they REALLY need to add to the line up of make/remakes is MMLegends 3. :3

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
You sadistic lazy-bum jerk-butt cowards!!!1one

Why don't you give us Maximo!

Sorry to bash Capcom. I am at a love-hate relationship with that company sometimes...

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
If any Capcom game needs to be revived it's Street Fighter. For the love of god Capcom, please make Street Fighter 4!

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
They're doing ANOTHER rerelease of Street Fighter 2 for the 360, with super highres awesome graphics by studio Udon. It looks wicked.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

They're doing ANOTHER rerelease of Street Fighter 2 for the 360, with super highres awesome graphics by studio Udon. It looks wicked.

The bad news: It's Street Fighter freaking 2.

Honestly, Capcom needs to get their happy little faces out of their butts and start listening to those who want their game sequels. More importantly, those who want Maximo, Street Fighters and Darkstalksers sequels.

You heard me, Capcom! Quit giving us the same game installment when we're sick of it! WE WANT SOMETHING NEW! And not something that came from some 'random' idea.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
SF4!! SF4!!

http://n4g.com/gaming/News-75249.aspx

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

SF4!! SF4!!

http://n4g.com/gaming/News-75249.aspx

Holy sh!t!!! Oh my dear sweet Optimus this is the happiest day my year! I can't stop crying. Buckets of tears.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Trailer posted here:

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/street...v/828074p1.html

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
One of my housemates came home while we were clearing Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the forth time yesterday and informed us of Street Fighter 4... I called one of my other housemates in college and told him to download everything he could find on the subject and come straight home... I very nearly wet my pants when I saw that teaser.
I'm a fairly huge NiGHTS fan... but this release eclipses any excitment I felt for JoD.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

I'm a fairly huge NiGHTS fan... but this release eclipses any excitment I felt for JoD.

I kind of hate to say it, but ditto.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Psh. No wai! SF4 is great news, but nothing can eclipse my fervor over JoD. Shame! ^_^

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
But what about Maximo? *shakes random person by the shoulders* WHAT ABOUT MAXIMO!!?

Noone seems to care now, not even Capcom!!

*runs away crying*

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I'm more interested in the fact that they're doing a new Bionic Commando than the SF4 news.

Not really much of a fighting game player so, while I can understand that Street Fighter 4 is big news for some people, it just doesn't mean much to me. Bionic Commando, on the other hand, is a game I played a heap as a kid, and that they're making a new one is just plain awesome.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
My brother unfortunately is very ghey for BC, so i'll have to listen to him warble on about it. Yipee.

However SF4, now THAT'S what I'm talking about. I love those paint spray effects on that sexy trailer.

Now all we need is Sonic 4

XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I almost died when I heard about the new SF4. The only thing I'm dissapointed about is that there is no gameplay yet. Do you play it the normal way? Are they implementing a new way to fight such as a Tenkaichi method(god I hope not)? I'd really love to know these things.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Good god, Street Fighter 4 !! Brilliant stuff, right there. But, once again, two different boats of excitement. Street Fighter is old skool and other than Soul Calibur, the serious fighting genre was getting a bit boring for me...so this news is great. But JoD is something else entirely to get excited about. Can't put one over the other, not even slightly.

Begs the question, what the storylines will be actually. Bison is as dead as can be, Gil is also biting dust. I wonder where this game will take the characters and if we'll see the return of any of the old ones, too. Pleeeeeaaaase bring back some of the old skool characters.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Actually, I'm kind of hoping they do a complete reshuffle of the characters again like they did from SF1 to SF2 and from SF2 to SF3... keeps the series fresh (even if most of the SF3 guys were a crock of sh!t)...
And I really hope they keep Bison dead... Akuma sent his soul to Hell after he kills him! Very few bad guys get a death as final as that! XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Bionic Commando looks pretty good too.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Nah, i gotta say SF3's cast are pretty cool too given the chance. They're not as memorable as the old school cast but they have their good points. Ibuki is a cool little ninja, i like her. Sean, as crap as he is, has a certain quality i like about him. Yang is a smooth character and Elena brought a sense of fresh air to the series.

Bionic Comando looks nice but i doubt i'd buy it.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I have to say, the trailer looks slick. I'm all for bringing back more oldskool characters, too. :D

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Nah, i gotta say SF3's cast are pretty cool too given the chance. They're not as memorable as the old school cast but they have their good points. Ibuki is a cool little ninja, i like her. Sean, as crap as he is, has a certain quality i like about him. Yang is a smooth character and Elena brought a sense of fresh air to the series.

I think the reason they're not as popular is because the SF2 was much more mainstream. Either way, I'd like to see some of these characters come back. I say about half them were good while the other half sucked. In addition to some of the SF2 classics, I'd really like to see Alex, Elena, Dudley, and Urien make returns. I thought they were the best new characters.

Remy can rot in Hell. He's a crappy Guile/Charlie clone who looks like a rejected King of Fighters character. Same for Necro. Just replace Guile/Charlie with Dhalsim.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I have to agree with you there. Remy was never a good character, in my opinion. The fact that they introduced him as a 'brand new character' in the last version of Street Fighter 3 and he turns out to be nothing but a Guile clone is a shame. That new character could have been something really fresh and original.
That character Q was original if a little difficult to play as, i think. Makoto was also cool.

How do you reckon the game will play? I doubt it will be 2D even though the best Street Fighters were the 2D versions. I don't think i ever played the 3D games. :/

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

How do you reckon the game will play? I doubt it will be 2D even though the best Street Fighters were the 2D versions. I don't think i ever played the 3D games. :/

That's funny because I doubt it will be anything BUT 2D. Outside of Power Stone, Capcom can't make a 3D fighter for the life of them. All three Street Fighter EX games (3D ones) were terrible and I doubt Capcom would be willing to make such a gamble after Street Fighter's long hiatus. I'm willing to bet the gameplay will be fundamentally a 2-D affair.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
What about a 2.5D ..like NiD, in a sense. 3D models playing on a 2D set-course thing? Other than Guilty Gear on any next-gen type console, i have not seen any 2D fighters around lately.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

What about a 2.5D ..like NiD, in a sense. 3D models playing on a 2D set-course thing? Other than Guilty Gear on any next-gen type console, i have not seen any 2D fighters around lately.

I thought about that as well, but I'm not sure if Capcom will do it or not. I can see why they would. Drawing and animating 3-D models is easier, faster, and less expensive than sprites. However, in gameplay, sprites and 3-D models function in completely different ways and Capcom has decades of experience with sprites. Still, I honestly have no idea what they're going to do. Either way, the end result will most likely be good. Capcom usually doesn't **** around with their major franchises.

By the way, 2-D fighters are still on modern consoles. They've just become something of a niche market so they aren't usually purchased in bulk by retail outlets. Capcom released anthologies for the the primary Street Fighters as well as the Alpha series on PS2 and Xbox for the former. Darkstalkers Chronicle is on PSP as well as SF: Alpha 3 Max. The only new game they really made was Capcom vs. SNK 2.

SNK on the other hand is still cranking out quality 2-D fighters. Over the last few years they released console ports of King of Fighters 2000 to 2003. More recently they made PS2 collections of Fatal Fury and The Art of Fighting. Fatal Fury Special is on Xbox live arcade. In addition to that, those of us in the states will get King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum over the next few weeks. You folks in the UK already have these as well as Samurai Showdown V.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
screen:

http://www.1up.com/d...amp;cId=3163673

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
H.OLY MOTHER OF MOSES!! O_O
Now THAT is more gangsta than Snoop Dogg dippin' through the mother fu****g back streets.

What console is this heading to?

--edit--
....Ryu has a 'bulge' in his trousers. o.o
Is that Capcoms way of giving the ladies fanservice because we already know characters like Chun-li are gonna have the whole 'bounce' thing goin on, lol XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
lol, yeah, I just noticed that in Ryu's crotch.

I know I'll want a PS3 at some point, already for Ratchet, but for this as well, 'cause all if not most signs say it ain't coming to the Wii. PS3/360

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, i just read the article. I love the 2D mechanics but 3D visuals thing. It's gonna be amazing, i can't wait for this. Looks like i'm gonna have to get a 360 at some point then. XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
BY UNICRON'S METAL BEARD!!!

This screenshot gives me tingly sensations in the special place. I mean holy hell, the graphics look like Shinkiro's hand drawn art from Capcom vs. SNK! I can't emphasize enough how happy it makes me to hear that Capcom is sticking with 2D gameplay. Knowing Capcom, it will probably be released on all the systems or at least 360 and PS3.

I could make a rising dragon joke here, but I'm not.

foxboy39

foxboy39

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Now all we need is Sonic 4

XD

Hahaha true that!

Street Fighter 4 looks good. I'm not sure if I'll buy it (my brother's in control of the 360, and he does not like anime-related games AT ALL), but I'll definitely give it some plays at my friend's house.

I kinda noticed the bulge as well. Not to say I spend my time looking at those kind of places... cause I don't. *bricked* XD

I hope Capcom decides to create a third Megaman ZX game for the DS to complete the trilogy; after all, all great video game trilogies come in threes. *bricked again*

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Two more images just for good measure.

<a href="http://www.blogeek.com.br/?p=88" target="_blank">http://www.blogeek.com.br/?p=88</a>

Oh and Fox, I've been with Megaman since the beginning. I can safely say that there will almost certainly be a third ZX game. Capcom loves their big franchises and will continue to make Megaman games until seven years after Earth collides with the sun.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
WTF Ryu seems to REALLY love fighting there... O_O lol it looks like someone shopped a boner in there!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
New link not working, Zero. :(

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

New link not working, Zero. :(

Worked for me.. they must have taken it away

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hmmm, site's down. I guess posting leaked images pissed off some people. Oh well try this site for one of pictures at least.

Kotaku: Street Fighter 4 details

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Oh, i see. Cheers for the new link, though.
*clicks*
..ah...and bad ass is still on the menu, i see. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users