Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TRiP's other OTHER art

• Please log in to reply
1069 replies to this topic

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

>_> I was working for 3 hours on coloring the next dreamer and my PC froze 5 seconds away from when i was planning to save it.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh dammit i hate setbacks >_< *chews keyboard*

oh god, the amount of time that's happened to meeee :( does photoshop have an aut-save function? I can't remember .. D:

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

>_> I was working for 3 hours on coloring the next dreamer and my PC froze 5 seconds away from when i was planning to save it.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh dammit i hate setbacks >_< *chews keyboard*

I've done that before. 4+ hours on an image and it choked on me. :angry:
Had to start all over again.
That plus working for an hour and then realizing that I was doing all of it on the wrong layer. :(

does photoshop have an auto-save function? I can't remember .. D:

Nope, no auto save. So you manually save twice as often.
(And cry twice as hard once you realize that you forgot to.) :P

Can't wait to see Sapphire and the comics! I'll try to buy some when I get my funds up -- being flat broke is no fun! :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

That plus working for an hour and then realizing that I was doing all of it on the wrong layer. :(

LMAO, so I'm not the only idiot in the world? XD *hugs* I do that a lot because i get lazy with naming my layers. In the end i end up with like 30+ layers that i have to keep turning on and off to see wtf it is. I always end up struggling to find the correct layer i painted on to be able to erase bits, drives me crazy. Sometimes i get convinced the layer doesnt actualy exist at all.

Well despite the deletion if i move my butt i SHOULD get her done by tonight. Vista willing.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Darn you cheap paint system! Darn you! *Shakes fist*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
BUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so i finished the next dreamer, was all set to upload... then i realised I'd forgotten all the old FTP stuff for the old server. So I've asked Colin if i can move the website here instead.

I think in the meantime I'll redirect the domain to a folder here at the .com

So keep an eye out for that

Or this here temp folder (until it redirects):
http://www.nightsint...itemp/index.htm

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Got it!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Buh, ok i remembered my old log-in passwords and stuff. I updated the old page with the new image (so eitherway until the web address changes everyone can see )

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
You mean iMAGNi or the .com?

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Buh, ok i remembered my old log-in passwords and stuff. I updated the old page with the new image (so eitherway until the web address changes everyone can see )

Amazing work as usual TRiP ! Emily looks fantastic in full-colour ! Im gonna have to second guess her colour I think : P.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

You mean iMAGNi or the .com?

iMAGNi.com

Jof, thanks, I'll give you a clue... she's NOT Amber XD;

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

iMAGNi.com

Jof, thanks, I'll give you a clue... she's NOT Amber XD;

:o!!!!

Nightingale

Nightingale

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Oh snizzle, I have a guess... *claps her trap*

Emily looks so pretty! And... and hypnotized. o.O Oooh.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I have a deadline to get another 4 dreamers drawn today. If I'm lucky i can pick one of them to ink and start coloring.

Hmmm *looks at pile*

And just incase anyone was wondering, YEAH, I'm going to have to start with a clean iMAGNi page image because it's getting too crowded XD; There's only so much misproptioned overlapping you can do on one image *lmao*

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
She looks good, really fun design.

Though, minor nitpick cause it stands out against how much form the rest of her has, her braid seems like it needs a little tweaking to me. Cause it comes from over her shoulder, then hangs over her arms which are out a bit from holding the cans but you don't get so much of a sense of that, it's done like it's just hanging straight down. It's a minor thing and will be a bitch to fix, so maybe just keep in mind for next time.

Looking forward to seeing the rest.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thankyou ^^ I agree about her hair, i wasn't too keep on her arms to be honest, but i liked her jacket >_> Lol I'm trying to draw these guys as fast as possible so i can get everything roughly designed so i can then actualy do *stuff* I'm currently brain battling my inability to draw masculine large bulky men.... must... study... street fighter graphic novels... all my guys usualy look like women XD I think there's about 3 alpha males in this main rosta now haha. It's fun drawing lots of different types of people!

I actually beat my deadline today and got all the dreamers designed : D And 2 of them inked, this makes me a happy bee, now i must color... after dinner.
Onwards inspiration!

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
The skinny arms kinda work for me, and I like her tattoos.

Good luck on the rest of them. I'm in an ink and colouring frenzy too so I share you pain. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
UPDATED- One more guy done!

This one is a little more familiar though XD; No prizes for guessing what color she is.
Andreanna Strauss~

No, not an air hostess (though that would be kinda fun)(She'd be too tall for the air cabin)

Now i have to color Adam :3

One day- i will make that coat. yes.

http://www.imagni.com

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Boy, do I love me some tall drink of woman.~

How long does it take you to do just the colors, on average?

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Okay, she kicks ass. I think that's actually my of the dreamers so far, she's fairly simple but iconic and interesting. Also a bit scary. I want her earpeice/clip/whatever the hell that is.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
OooOO a YELL0W :P (Possibly the mad robot woman herself!)
Wondering though, have the actual gen designs changed much? I know Orange is the same, and I'm assuming Atty hasn't changed either. Either way, I'm looking forward to this, as you're really cranking out some nice designs :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

How long does it take you to do just the colors, on average?

From scanning to sparklification it takes about 5 hours per character. But that's if i don't get distracted >_>

I want her earpeice/clip/whatever the hell that is.

Y'know... I've never been entirely sure what it is either. I think it's either a bluetooth phone thingy or something entirely sinister involving the bad guys... or mebbe just headphones. I'll stick with mobile i think.

Wondering though, have the actual gen designs changed much? I know Orange is the same, and I'm assuming Atty hasn't changed either.

Welllll, *thinks* some of the gens have been redesigned entirely because they are of the opposite gender (which is fun to do). While some of them (like Orange and Astrima) have just been given cosmetic alterations. Like Orange has different shaped hair , i experimented with all types for her (at one point she had something that looked like boobs on her head) so i went for the sunflower petal 3 prong thing. Originaly her hair was all fluffy like my Ex's from what i remember.
Astrima's costume has changed entirely to be more intheme with the story, also a lot of the guys Genstones have changed in shape entirely. I think there's always some bits to characters that i was unhappy designwise with so this is the best opportunity to update stuff. I'm really looking forward to messing around with Greens design. So some characters will be instantly recognisable but others will be completely new.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Puhleeeease tell me there's a male PiNK =D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
That would be telling ;D

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Lol, that makes me wonder if APRiCOT is a guy in the dream world. >>

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Can we get another hint on Emily? Pretteh plz?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah - She ownz!! :(

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqF4gOe9dmM

I keep watching this and wanting to do a Gen version, lol. Possibly less cussing and more big hair tho.

Also i stumbled aross this a couple of weeks ago:

It's not amazing but i liked the vibe, it inspires me to do some kind of animated teaser 'trailer' of sorts for the comic or something.

Today I'm sorting out iMAGNi's domain server stuff, so by tommorow when you click on imagni.com it actualy stays at imagni.com in the url. Colin is a star, amen!

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
So I presume that means we can't go to imagni until you finish.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Right now it's broken XD hahaha i think it needs 24 hours to realign to the new nameservers or something. Either that or it was Colins typo, lol, IT WILL RETURN SOON.

Also with another new dreamer I've been being lazy.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
So thats why my computer said it didn't exist when I tried to go to it!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
It's back now :D Nearly finished next person... nearly... urghgghghtrousersssss

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
http://www.imagni.com/

Introducing Adam North :3

Now i have to go hand ink all the other guys ToT

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
404'd!

I wanna seeeeee!

Edit: Oh wait, no. But I needed to clear my cache before it'd let me see.

He is gothtastic. I think he's going to take someone's eye out with those shoes. And that's a lot of sparkly.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I love his hair. <3

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
ooooh, interesting new boi. Silver, perhaps? *ponder*

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
The only thing I have to critisize is the earrings, but thats pretty good. *Hides fact that's better than what I can do*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*scribbles away at the next dreamer* I'll try get this done for today!

Also Nyclone, a word about critique, if giving it you should say what it is that you don't like about the item so the artist knows what it is that actually needs improved :lol: Unless you just have a phobia about guys wearing earings or something XD; The earings and silver details look better on a dark background but i've had to chuck everyone onto a white background 1 by 1 for the time being. Theyre just design images to keep me right when drawing the comics.

*will also try to ink next person* *then start afresh on another set again*

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Dang it! How on Earth do you do it!!?? I can barely make a scribble, and you can make these jaw-dropping works of art? lol requires some serious talent :lol: (not ta push ya or anything) but keep at it! I always enjoy the creativity of artists they never cease to amaze me.

Nickbot

Nickbot

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, NiGHTS, and Wizeman
Completely off the subject of the new dreamer, which I do enjoy, but I'm waiting to see how the space pharaoh will look, should anything changed. I'll have to do another painting if it's completely off the wall. I am rather excited about the imagni site opening though I'm sure you already knew that from others perspectives. Cheers, Lynne and Niyazi

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Space pharaoh's dreamer has already featured, if that counts for anything. :lol:
Gens themselves are getting drawn last as TRiP's hard at work on finishing the dreamer art first.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users