Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TRiP's other OTHER art

• Please log in to reply
1069 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Ayame, you'll have to wait to see XD *annoy annoy*

BUT YES. I came in here to say,

HOLY FUDGE ICECREAM WITH SKITTLES ONTOP

I recieved my proof copy.

It is freeking GLORIOUS.

And now very much on sale.

*copycutpastahernetspamtoday*:

I recieved my proof copy and it printed wonderfuly! Gah I'm so excited and proud B)!!!

If you're interested in buying the 'Orange Dream Diary' then head over to my store here:
http://stores.lulu.c...fAcctID=1097558

The cover is so glossy and everything looks just how i imagined it to be. It's the first time that I've ever had complete control in a publishing project and DAMN I'm inspired to churn out comics by the million now XD I've become an unstopable force of inspiredness! Haha!

Please support my work if you can :o

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
As some of you may be aware i've been a busy bee working on a multitude of different projects i wish to publish under my iMAGNi label.
Anyone interested in my stuff should be here:
http://www.imagni.com

BUT. YES.

I have here in my hands my first fully complete project, which is a dream diary (kind of a little test project) and it looks completely badass.
It was REALLY confusing and hard putting all this stuff together, but i suceeded in the end (after many computer problems).

If you're interested in buying the 'Orange Dream Diary' then head over to my store here:
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1097558

The cover is so glossy and everything looks just how i imagined it to be. It's the first time that I've ever had complete control in a publishing project and DAMN I'm inspired to churn out comics by the million now XD I've become an unstopable force of inspiredness! Haha!

Now i can RUN into printing my actual Gen/iMAGNi story comics. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i am so looking forward to this *explode*

I hope i can entertain you for years to come XD

TRiP

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
: D Im so pleased for you TRiPPY. Glad it all worked out !
I'd normally run over there and snap one right up, but I'm skint right now, so it'll have to wait. Maybye I'll wait for the Sapphire one lol. Any chance of any preview pics, so we can see what it looks like on the inside ?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yis, i shall take some photos because the book preview button gives crappy quality pixely tat.
*hugs book*

PS) The Sapphire one will be out in the next 2 months (provided i have internet access as i won't be living here anymore :/)

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous! Congratulations on your first iMAGNi publication! I may have to start a collection of your books now too... once the funds are freed up of course! :3

This is actually very inspiring - I hope to publish a novel myself someday soon! I've heard that Lulu is great for self-publishers and all kinds of awesome besides; what say you? Is it easy to start up there? *SCREECHES to a halt before she rambles off-topic* ^_^;

In any case, do some celebrating today!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
To be honest when it comes to books, ESPECIALY the template sizes if you're doing full bleed pages to the edge, Lulu is very very confusing because it tends to give you 5 different contradicting bits of information. But once you figure it out, and get into a flow with the pages, the technical stuff becomes a side thing.
The hardest part for me was getting a wordprocessor prog to WORK so i could create my PDF file to upload. Lulu creates its own pdf files, but they have a tendancy to go a bit nuts.

The quality of the printing (I'll take photos tonight) is BRILLIANT. The colors are sharp, the cover is heavy weight glossy paper (like a proper card, not floppy flimsy paper). The inner printing is sharp too, it tends to print darker/stronger than your source file though so always remember that when coloring. It's very well binded, strong and symetrical.

Hell yes i'd recommend them. Just be aware that its confusing as fudge when you first start a project then realise you've done 80+ pages at the wrong resolution or page size etc etc. I had to redo my entire book THREE times before i was happy with it. It requires a LOT of patience and motivation. Especialy when doing page numbering manualy XD There's also a list of rules you have to follow that they DONT TELL YOU at the start if you want to buy a ISBN number (barcode). SO whatever you do, really read up on it. If you need any help, I'm around for advice ^_^

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Well, girl, here's to the start of iMAGNi! As one that's been around since the old versions, I can safely that this is a day that has been long awaited for. :3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*hugs* I can't wait to get the actual comics on Amazon.com and in the shops ^_^

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah. Seeing TRiPs work in actual book format really does give her a kick in the ass to get her working more on it. It was so cool to open the package this morning and see the iMAGNi logo on the book. I'm very proud of her. :)

If all goes to plan, there will be loads more stuff in the future. And if things keep going to plan, this will become bigger than just a lulu printing thing.
But for now, all i can say is well done TRiPPY. You're doing good, babes. ^_^

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Hwaaah~ So cool! Unfortunately I didn't get any birthday money so I can't do what I'd planned (*sob*) but I WILL! I will get the book. I previewed it, its really cute- I love all the little pictures!

Congrats!

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Aaaah!! : D
Congratulations, TRiP!! I'm so proud of you!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I took some photos as promised!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Me and my new bookie!
Posted Image

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
oh man! Way to go TRiPPY! That's really beautiful and colorful...my want!

I managed to save *some* money on textbooks this semester so I'll see what I can afford in the coming weeks! I'll definitely pick it up at some point though!

Again, congrats ^_^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Eeeeeee *happy squeak* thanks for the support guys ^o^

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Congrats! I bet it feels awesome to see your work published! :0

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
That's flavor to my eyes! The colors make me want to go Nomnomnom and eat it up. :3
Gottagetthat.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
'eyyy, it's looking pretty swank. I was really surprised at the quality of lulu's stuff myself, but even just buying that calendar has made me want to work on getting something published e__e

I might get one of these a bit later on, money depending..

[Edit] Is that a cute little U.V I see? XD

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Post deleted

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
The minute I get money this is going to be sent to my house. I have love.

Good work TRiPPY, it must feel really great to be able to hold that and realize you made it! :lol:

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

I want to get something published too, but I have no photoshop skills and I want to get better at drawing. X3

Amen, sista. I've been digipainting like mad over the past month or so, trying to improve myself. You could always try to write something, though XD

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Wait...are the pages orange scented?!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I don't think they are - Lulu don't do that kind of thing.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I was just kidding, Lol. Although, I wish they had scented pages.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Post deleted

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I was just kidding, Lol. Although, I wish they had scented pages.

Nightingale

Nightingale

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Oooh, that is a lot larger than I thought it would be. :lol: (And I spy a Numerati shirt!) Congrats on getting the book published, it looks very cute indeed! Once I have the bank I'll have to raid your store. :3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
: D Yeey

Something i always get excited over is thinking up front covers. I'm going to do a comic run of cheapish black and white manga (color cover), 48 or 50 pages (or something) per issue. Then after I've ammassed enough to fill a collectors edition I'll do it in full color. Because i do like my color i do.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Oooo..Sounds awesome!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I dont remember my dreams much, and I am really unorganized, so I would probably end up drawing in it. XD I kid,I kid. But you have my 100% Support! *Thumbs up*

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

The inner printing is sharp too, it tends to print darker/stronger than your source file though so always remember that when coloring.

The other thing to remember on that front is that if you're printing (and colouring in a program advanced enough to do such things), make sure you work in CYMK mode instead of RGB mode. It'll have to get converted somewhere along the line (because of how printers work) so you might as well do it yourself from the start to make sure the colours are as vivid and awesome as they can be.

(Stuff coloured in RGB and then just converted instead of working in CYMK from the start can come out looking much duller and muddier than it would otherwise. There is complicated stuff with colour gambits involved, but you don't really need to know about that, just that if printing, CYMK, if for screen, RGB.)

The book looks lovely. Very cute little drawings in it. Good luck with the other parts!

Handy Candy

Handy Candy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Kicking fish, food (which is f'in important), and drawing...stuff.
Trippins, it looks byootiful :lol:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
That's great, TRiP! I can attest to the 'front covers' thing.. I have some project or another that's been sitting around for a while; the thing I have the easiest time with is thinking up various covers --.--

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thankyouthankyous :D

While I'm offline i can get the Sapphire one all put together.

I need to pimp this thing more methinks.

Handy Candy

Handy Candy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Kicking fish, food (which is f'in important), and drawing...stuff.

Thankyouthankyous <_<

While I'm offline i can get the Sapphire one all put together.

I need to pimp this thing more methinks.

It's too bad you don't have your DA page to pimp it on anymore

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
If I'm ever going to log into that place again it'll be when i have more to show for it. And i wont be staying, just deleting my last journal and then adding links to my new work. Confused people will be sucked into my marketing trap and find themselves unable to resist spending. Or something. I'm not about to do the whole 'ROMG I'M LEAVING DA!!111' thing and then return to have people kiss my ass a few months later. People who do that piss me off.

Anyway, speaking of art i have no sodding idea how to move my shitloads of it to whereever I'm staying. This makes for an angry TRiPPY.

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
How much is postage and is it full of lovely artwork? :D
I have to confess that I been going into this topic a few times out of curiosity but you will not be able to make it and send it for ages right?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Make what? o_o

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

How much is postage and is it full of lovely artwork? :D
I have to confess that I been going into this topic a few times out of curiosity but you will not be able to make it and send it for ages right?

The book is printed on demand by lulu.com and it's entirely out of lynne's hands. You can order it any time you like! :D

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
Thats great then as I shall buy one in the near future after I save up for it! ^__^

I really thought she had to make them by hand made one by one like the plushes someone else does. :(

I never even heard of this Lulu before but she sure seems to be very handy!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I just bought the book today. I look forward to having it in my hands. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users