Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TRiP's other OTHER art

• Please log in to reply
1069 replies to this topic

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Ah yeah, I was gonna mention the white issue as well but didn't want to be too negative or anything. Photoshop has some inbuilt calibration things. Another way to check what its really white and what isn't (there is so a better way but this works too) is to make a small DEFINITELY PURE WHITE section, then get the magic wand, set it to tolerance 0 and uncheck contiguous. Then if you select your pure white bit it'll select EVERYTHING on the image that is pure white, and you can invert that and use the little marching ants dotted lines to help you find the non white parts and get rid of them.

Sadly there's no universal right gamma things. It totally varies from screen to screen, especially when you get a high quality one like a mac monitor (as I'm an mac user now) and see all the colour depth you've been missing. It's really weird looking at old art on this. There's so much more detail in photos for example than I realised.

It's really good that you're doing something a bit less personal and logistic-nightmary with your imagni ideas. (Makes me wanna get on and write States of Mind but I have to do my comic for bristol first. XD) There were some great things about the old stuff but it just imploded and I'm glad to see you doing something positive with it.

Oh, this is kinda off topic but speaking of shiny guys, I kinda realised I still have that Copper painting. I need to find out and make sure it's here in Manchester with me and not in Derby, but I'd like to send it (and the other art I think is in that envelope with it) to you or blue but don't have an address (And this sounds silly but I wasn't sure if you were still on speaking terms with me or not after all the drama that's gone on in the past.) I can't remember if I was paid or not... if I was then I don't want the debt hanging over me and if I wasn't then... eh. I wanna move on from things. :huh:

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
That's alright by me. :(

You should really do photoshop tutorials. O_O
I was looking at your stores and artwork for a good long time earlier.

*Wants iMAGNi shirt*

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

That's alright by me. :(

You should really do photoshop tutorials. O_O
I was looking at your stores and artwork for a good long time earlier.

*Wants iMAGNi shirt*

If she makes a book on how she colors and inks her stuff then I would buy it.
(That is once I'm able to T_T)

Nightingale

Nightingale

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

I mean to look at Falda people will probably think of D.C by design,

*guilty* D:

Little Peace-boi is looking snazzy, and if he is who I think he is then... then, um... I'll need to do something big and stupid to celebrate.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

If she makes a book on how she colors and inks her stuff then I would buy it.
(That is once I'm able to T_T)

I'd buy her book in a heartbeat!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

Oh, this is kinda off topic but speaking of shiny guys, I kinda realised I still have that Copper painting.

Uhhhhh unfortunately i have some bad news in regards to that. A couple of months ago our offline group of friends had a major wtf dilema/crisis in the shape of, basicaly Darren done a runner and left Blu , he's been gone for months (after a very very long relationship) Nobody knows where he is. But he ran away to England somewhere. He left Blu in a lot of trouble because of stupid debts he created, the courts are after him, and now she's having to fix everything to keep her home. Her gran also died a couple of weeks ago... sooo... um would it be possible for her debt to be put on me instead? It's just it would be really bad timing and to be honest the first thing i want to do if i ever see him again is rip his balls off for the pain he's caused her, but i know he's gone for good. ._. I don't really know what to do, other than say i'll pay/commission the painting from you since the ass never paid you. My apologies about that, he just suceeded in making me look worse.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Did he actually never pay me? The thing is I can't even remember. I kinda assumed not, because I would have had you guys bugging me to send it if he did, I'm sure. From what I know of Blue it doesn't seem the kind of thing she'd let lie, y'know? :);

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my other post. When I said I didn't want debt hanging over me I meant me owing other people rather than people owing me. I didn't mean to sound like I was asking for the money, I wasn't XD. I was just gonna send it anyway. It's generous of you to offer to pay for it and to be honest really took me by surprise. Don't worry, his actions won't make me think less of you. I'm sorry to hear things have been bad for Blue.

If you want to pay for it you can but it's completely up to you. I know you're saving up to move out and all, and having done it myself I know how hard that can be. I was just drawing a line under the past few years to help me with all this scary moving on stuff that's going on with my life and I really didn't want to sound like I was hounding you guys for money because I was just gonna send it. It's just a way of getting back to neutral instead of stupid webs of who owes who what. If that makes any sense. :o

If you PM me your address I can try and get it posted up.

Handy Candy

Handy Candy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Kicking fish, food (which is f'in important), and drawing...stuff.
Dear god! D: Imagini books? *chews on trippy's head for one* (since..you know..art comes from Trippy's head, not her hands!)

I shall buy one once they come out :) I have but one question: Will there be a buuuhtterfly beast? D: I'll be happy just to have your books as they come out either way :3 I was just curious, like everyone else. It'll be cool to pick the new combinededed characters apart though. The power of brainz!

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Oh God... Poor Blu... Please give her my best regards and wishes on rebuilding things, Lynne. D:

On a lighter note: ...YOU'RE POINTING AT ME WITH THAT YELLOW BUTTON AREN'T YOU!? XD

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
'eyy, mister Sapphire Peace looks fabulous. Am I right in assuming that he is to Elliot what love is to Claris? Their designs look similar to each other, so yeah, I'm guessing that.

You're right, it'll be fun to speculate about the new characters. It's great to hear you're being so productive!

Also, multiple hugs to Blu.

Shae

Shae

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
So lovely TRiPPY! Your art is such sweet eye candy! ;0;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Gyyynnnargh! I have neglected this topic for too long again. Appologies.

I've been so busy trying to transfer everything across onto the new PC and make sure it works right. BUT, thankfully because of this OpenOffice now lets me save documents with more than 3 pages *lmao* so making my books is actualy easyish now. I had to reformat 60 pages worth yesterday ToT I have another 40 today then i can get that damn diary up for sale.

I'm also working on the next iMAGNi character lady for the frontpage. Then i can merch her too.

Thanks for the Blu wellwishing guys, she's still as fluffy as ever.... SHE ACTUALLY MADE ME A FORERO ROCHER CAKE for my birthday *snortlaugh* She doesn't have the internet anymore so i passed it on.

Katy, yah lady, I'll pay you in full, it will have to be in the next 2 months though as my income is nil right now and i desperately needs me a fulltime job. I was going to get one after Christmas but then SEGA happened -.- So i'll pass you your cash and do that thing everyone has to do when moving into a new place lol (ie) buy washing up liquid and sporks. We move out at the end of the month but as soon as I'm in my new place I'll get the net sorted and paypal you.

Oh! Thankyou to the people who have already been buying iMAGNi merch from my store -_- I'd love to see some photos XD

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Oh, so that's why it's been taking so long to finally post up those WTAHM comics? [/reminderz]

D: >.<

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Your wish came true!! I wish I had a Ferrero Rocher cake for my birthday... *Eye's cake* Yay! iMAGNi Merch! I will buy some, if I can convince my mom. XD

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Woot for new imagni stuff in the works.

HOWEVER, the better news is that Blu is doing better. I've never met the woman, but I love her anyway. Such an spiffy woman. :3

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I love my awesome shirtage ^_^ .... Thats a word.

And my Peace pin too. Dey be AWESOME.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I want to get the "red" button, iMAGNi badge, Orange cake badge and Dreamer button. If I get them, they are going straight on my bookbag. Lol, It would look awesome.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
The badges look particularly good i agree, i got the red one and the printing is brilliant. I keep looking at it and going 'OMG I MADE THAT D:'

After 1 million technical grieviances over the past 3 days and DiGi catching chicken pox, i finished the Orange Dream Diary and it is ready for sale. However i want to check it prints 100% ok before i actualy sell it on my storefront. So gimmie about a week to get my hands on a copy since i had to cancel my last project since it broke XD

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
D: Hope you guys feel better. The dream diary looks cute!! Are the pages orange scented? : D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Haha thats a really cute idea actually. I wonder how publishers make scented paper? There's a few things i'd like to do with the diary in the future, like, i want to attach a dangly page bookmark on a ribbon from the spine of the book with a Genstone at the end in the shape of whatever Gens crystal it is. But as far as manufacturing stuff like that goes I'd probably have to approach a company who does plastic molding or do it by hand or something.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Thats a cool idea, actually. It sounds difficult, though. (The gemstone thing) And crafting so many by hand would probably drive you nuts. ^_^

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I know how they make it! They squeeze oranges on the pages and then wait for them to dry. But Anyway,That bookmark would be neat. :3

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Faceted stones might be hard to find, but you could probably track down someone who could cut you perspex stuff. (Which in some cases would have the bonus of glowing awesomeness.)

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
If you were to do it yourself, it could be possible to use shrink plastic. I got me a few packs of it and I'm having lots of fun making stuff. Just make sure you get the stuff made for inkjet printers <__<

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Ahhh i remember hearing about that stuff when i was working on my cosplay ages ago.

Just a quick update to say review copy of my bookie is on its way.

O_O I'm excited, i mean I've seen my art published in various ways tons of times before but I've never had complete control of a project from start to finish. It's the same kind of shiny feeling i got when i first got my hands on KT's first book. Books, mmmmm. I'm praying this all works so i can get straight into printing my actual work work.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
:3 *does the midgity success summoning dance*

That does remind me that I need to order those books. So whenever I manage to go visit the UK , I can stalk upon her door and go "LOOK! I HAV UR BOOK CAN I HAV UR AUTOgRAF!?!?!?!!11ondonfdsgve1111?!" >XD

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
LD: Oh god oh no D: (By the time you get here there may be something better for me to sign for you. Or at least I hope so. Those things are so olllllllld XD)

Lynne: It's an amazing feeling seeing your own stuff in print, and bloody addictive as well. I hope it comes out well, I've been wondering what Lulu's quality is like so I'm curious on that front, but also on what is actually in the one you're getting printed too.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I'm also interested in how the quality of the printed work comes out. I'm actually waiting on a Calendar I bought off Lulu. It's been a few weeks since I ordered it now, so I'm beginning to worry..

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Lol that's so going to happen to me, and when i finally get it it's going to have 7 pages missing, upside down images and come out a completely different color.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I got the calendar a few days ago, and I must say, I'm pretty pleased with it. The printing is faaaabulous <3 The Orange Dream Diary should come out pretty darn swanky if this thing is any judge of lul's quality. I just thought you'd like to know :D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thankyou!:) gah i'm really eager for it to appear now. Their 'overnight' delivery fee is hilarious, have you seen it? XD

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Overnight... delivery...? That sounds mighty expensive/impossible. Especially to like, Australia or Scotland from like, the US.

..Unless they get Blu to do it ;)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
£60 or something, i sh!t you not, and that's for 1 book. Though to be fair i think it's beacuse they speed up fuffliment and get it created then and there.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Dumb question, too eager to know rather than to find out -- but did you traditionally draw the Orange Dream Diary, or was it all drawn out/colored digitally? Either way is super awesome, but yeah.
(Neither way affects the fact that I'll buy it up soon as you publish it XD )

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
As the Dream Diary was a quick project to test Lulu's printing and my ability to understand page layout etc etc, i stuck to cute hand drawn, scanned, then colored in Photoshop chibi images. The art is just for fun, it's not really serious or great, just cute, kinda like doodles, one on each page.
The actual current White Gen artbook I'm working on right now is chock full of both traditional, Digital and developmenty work.
If you see this image here from my store:
Posted Image
That is taken from the same group of images.

Also it's worth noting that my designs for 2 unseen characters are snuck away in here too (but mini cute form) <_<

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I want that pin. :I

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD You and me both.

mackerz

mackerz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Awww that pin is adorable.

And all of your work is amaaaaaaaazing. -GELUS-

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Yeah, gotta say, the fact that cafepress requires a creditcard is annoyance to the maaaax (though, my new housemate-to-be has a credit card...)

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

As the Dream Diary was a quick project to test Lulu's printing and my ability to understand page layout etc etc, i stuck to cute hand drawn, scanned, then colored in Photoshop chibi images. The art is just for fun, it's not really serious or great, just cute, kinda like doodles, one on each page.
The actual current White Gen artbook I'm working on right now is chock full of both traditional, Digital and developmenty work.
If you see this image here from my store:
Posted Image
That is taken from the same group of images.

Also it's worth noting that my designs for 2 unseen characters are snuck away in here too (but mini cute form) B)

O:
*Looks*
I can't find them.

Edit (whitedout incase of spoilers):
There seems to be a design on the notebooks and T-shirts that maybe a character?
Could it be? :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users