Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Frightmare

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Location:WAY back in the country. And no you don't get phone service.
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, playing my flute and guitar, tap dancing, being outdoors.
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, seeing as I haven't been able to visit here since July....but does anyone here watch Danny Phantom? And if so, have any of you seen the episode " Frightmare"? The episode was about the ghost of sleep, Nocturn, who lived in the realm of dreams and stole people's dream energy to become all-powerful. In other words: NiGHTS-based epie. I'd post a picture of Nocturn, but unforturnately I'm at the library and the computer won't let me copy and paste. But to give you an idea, picture in your head a 'Maren that looks like a cross between Jackle, NiGHTS and Reala. Or just google it. It's pretty awesome though, if you ask me.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I thought the same exact thing when I saw that! It's so uncanny, it's not funny, really.

Heres a pic of him:

Posted Image

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
..Wait, is this ep on the net yet!? As soon as I heard about this ep I looked for it, couldn't find it, and forgot. What news?
(luvs her DP)
EDIT: found it. ^^

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
At first I thought it sounded like you were being silly. I was all geared up to mention that episodes based on dreams =\= NiGHTS.

THEN I saw that picture.

Um. Wow. That's uncanny o_o

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Yes... something tells me they ripped off NiGHTS. xD; .

No. Not really. I actually think it might be some kinda tribute, or so. It might be a rip-off though.

Either way, this has got to produce lots of lulz.:

http://kyra-wolf.deviantart.com/art/Who-IS-this-guy-64336981

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Lord I don't want to hear about this again. The idea of dream energy could just be from the idea of the sandman. And the horns...if they were not purple we would not be having this conversation. I do know what you mean though. It looks and sounds similar. It could just be coincidence.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ha! Not sure I seen that episode..

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
@ viper: its on the net if you wanna watch. Google 'Frightmare danny phantom episode' (or some variation). It's how I found it.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I don't think I've seen that episode! Wow he does look cross between Jackle, NiGHTS and Reala! ^_^

O_O; And he also looks very creepy! Hmmmm.......

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

Lord I don't want to hear about this again. The idea of dream energy could just be from the idea of the sandman. And the horns...if they were not purple we would not be having this conversation. I do know what you mean though. It looks and sounds similar. It could just be coincidence.

But they ARE purple, and the idea of Dream Energy is uncanny to that of NiGHTS. So don't be a killjoy.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
O_o Wow.That is NiGHTS but with a wiseman-esce attitude (and a goatee :P)

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
Wow, that's pretty cool. XD

I haven't seen a lot of Danny Phantom, but I've liked what I've seen. I'm going to go check this out just for the lulz. XD

W00tz for tributes!

That's what I think it is. ^^

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

It could just be coincidence.

I'm sure that the fact that Mojo Jojo has floating hands, a giant cape, and a gem[he has a gem, right?] in Powerpuff Girls Z is just a coincidence, too. .___. Look up a pic of him, he looks /way/ too much like Wizeman.

I agree with EZEKiAL, don't be a killjoy, please. xx'

Anyways, I don't watch DP anymore, so I've never seen this episode..But, WOW. Nocturne's like an evil invisi-NiGHTS, isn't he? o.O' Dunno if I should call it a rip or a tribute. 'O.o

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Ahah... I've seen that episode. He proclaims himself as the master of dreams. He put everyone in Amityville to sleep to asorb energy from dreamers. :D I laughed so much when I first saw him and how similar he looked to NiGHTS.

I like his spacey body~ It's possible that Butch Hartman (or one of the designers) got inspired by NiGHTS. Walker from the series is very much similar to Walker:Texas Ranger and Nicolai Technus is very simular to Nicola Tesla. (The faces are uncanny) In fact, a lot of the characters from Danny Phantom has some kind of relation to someone else.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

But there's so MANY ideas for the sandman. There's Tim Burton-ish ones, where he throws Sand in your eyes, steals them, and feeds them to chicks on the moon! Mmm.... child eyes 8D! Then there's the Enter Sandman one! Grip your pillow tight D8! And, then there's the one where he's a fat sand guy who puts sand in your eyes 'cause he's awesome 8D! That stuff tastes good, btw.

Even if the horns were not purple, it's still way too uncanny for me ;-; . plz don't be a killjoy, though. This is our only moment to have fun at something that looks like NiGHTS that has got a lot more popularity than NiGHTS, and seems to be a rip-off of NiGHTS. lol.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
*FALLS OVER LAUGHING*

This is priceless! I've been a fan of Butch Hartman's stuff for some time, but I fell behind where Danny Phantom was concerned. And lookit what I missed! WAY too uncanny to be coincidence!

I wonder what the DP fans will say once JOD is out..?

*pictures someone calling NiGHTS a ripoff, then promptly falls over laughing again*

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
The resemblance truly is uncanny.

Although I wouldn't expect NiGHTS to steal dream energy in such an evil way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users