Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Art Stufola

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Sup dudes? I don't really draw much NiGHTS artwork, however I do tend to do a lot of non-NiGHTS stuff.
Posted Image
My mascot characters, Kasplatza Red, Firage III and Vengeful (in that order). Drawn at crappy work with a ballpoint *lol*
Posted Image
Vengeful again (I have a reason for drawing her so much damnit!) Also drawn at work with a ballpoint!
Posted Image
The first of about a bajillion sprites of Vengeful for a school project - Imma making a 2D fighting game! =D I've got more done, but I've got about 60 or so to do in the next month e_e yay.
Posted Image
Another character from the fighting game, Katerina. She's one of the main characters (Vengeful and Kas are in it but aren't really main characters - my project manager liked them). I designed KAterina based of my project manager's description of her.

Uh.. I'll dump more stuff here as it comes. =D

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
I'm **very** impressed with the sprite. The last one looks good too. I just think the fingers are a bit long.

Just the fact that you draw with a ballpoint pen amazes me XD

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Posted Image
IT MOVES.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
That is really cool! I like the eyes O_o

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Posted Image
Aaand here's an update to the animation!
In other news, I stared working on another assignment of mine - A character for UT!
This is the design (those who know me a little will recognize it as my mascot character, Kas- she got a new outfit for the occasion!)
Posted Image
(She also has her hair in a ponytail. I actually think it's a good look!)

Posted Image
What she looks like at the moment (need to model arms, hair, and accessories). A bajillion things I'm not terribly happy with (ESPECIALLY the head) but I'll be working on fixing them over the week or so!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Bummmmmmping up this topic this *shockhorror* MOAR ARTWORK!
Recently, I've been working on designs for a STEAMPUNK/FANTASY RPGEEEEE. I'm gonna be awesome and do all the sprites myself, too :)
Anyway: Pics!
Posted Image
My OC/Mascot character, Firage III. He makes a cameo in said steampunk RPG as like, the owner of a resturant/inn the main characters always hang out at (also later becomes a playable characterr) in his main story, he's a FABULOUS DEMON HAIRDRESSER =D
Posted Image
Rich, a random homeless punk kid who's grown some WEIRD attraction to my main Mascot, Kasplatza Red. He's actually pretty cool and also gets a random cameo in Steampunk RPG thingo
Posted Image
Random character - doesn't have a name yet
Posted Image
Same as last one.
Posted Image
ditto.
Posted Image
aaand same.

Need to develop them moooore. I also came up with some other characters, including an engineer who accidentally turned himself into a talking schnautzer (who wears a little labcoat and giant spectacles XD), as well as his lab assistant =D

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
mooooore:
Posted Image

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Moar comics plz. O_O
What program did you use?

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Moar comics plz. O_O
What program did you use?

Manga Studio 3 EX. Very powerful proggie, I love it -_-

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I really like the guy drawn in blue with the hat and goggles.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Manga Studio 3 EX. Very powerful proggie, I love it :)

Awesome. Where'd you get it?

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Awesome. Where'd you get it?

there are two ways, really. Order it off Efrontier's site, or.. acquire it via other means. It's quite an expensive program though (but you can get the Debut version, which isn't as powerful but a lot more affordable).

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
moar art!
Posted Image
Reubus, my subgen. Well, she kinda just came out one day.. still might change bits and bobs about her design (Its a mix of the sketch TRiPPY posted up and my own ideas. Also learnt to use copics with this *ahaha*
Uhm, for those playing at home, Rubeus is a free-roaming pink gen who loves performing music. Her realm is (or was, I'll update it when I find out more re: new pink) an almost endless grassy field of flowers - the grass and the flowers both being different shades of pink, and edible. She's got like, a hobbit house - it's carved out of a hill. It's pretty neat and tidy because she's usually roaming around a lot more than she is staying at home. Uhm. Let's see.. she's got multiple guitars, each one of them containing a different weapon - the one she's got here acts as a sword sheath. Uhm, thats all for now.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
RASPY! *noms on her leg jinglies* Argh, I so need to design Audie.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
:( She's also a character in Demonguard (original story) now. Though slightly different, design-wise. I think she's going to become another kinda universal mascot character..

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Posted Image
Prevew of a comission I'm currently working on :P

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Posted Image
Bookmarks I'm doing for selling at avcon. I was going to do more, but I ran outta time ^_^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hahaha those bookmarks are seriously cute XD Cool idea!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
The designs sold well, too- cept Princess Peach and Rosalina. Bah.

Posted Image
My latest bit of artwork- I'm on the art team for a game called 'Skullgirls', this image was for a banner on the new website they're working on at the moment :P

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
moooar art!

Posted Image
A Comission I did - I like how this turned out
Posted Image
An awesome pixel tree that came out of NO-WHERE and took 3 bloody hours. But I love it anyway :|

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

Posted Image

lol this reminds me of Revy XD (I like it :))
your very good at these, good use of shadow, great sprite btw (he looks so happy when he jumps :P)
and great character design especially since no two characters look alike lotsa variation.
I look forward to more artwork AND the game. :)
peace!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Demonguard artwork I did a while back!:
Posted Image
Posted Image
More info on the characters can be found at my deviant art website :D

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
If you did it awhile back why didn't you post it here earlier!! O_o
You know I love art... ;_(
btw, NICE!
I love your art style and imagination and how you even pay attention to those subtle details that gives the characters personality all on their own!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
hehehe, I only just uploaded them to DA actually, I've kinda gone into this thing where I show my art to one or two people and just leave it on my photobucket. I had a temporary lapse in this today, for some reason. D: Probably looking at all the new subgens that are popping up - some lovely, some that still need a bit of work.

Handy Candy

Handy Candy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Kicking fish, food (which is f'in important), and drawing...stuff.
It looks good, Kas :) I love love love that pixel tree. XD

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Posted Image
Moar Demonguard art! I'm working o nwriting the story and such at the moment, I'm trying to have the first issue done at least by AVCon this year (which is like, July so I've got plenty of time..)

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Nice work on those profiles! Drawing characters looking to the side is hard. Oo

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Actually, I like drawing side-view pictures of people XD It's a bit weird when I draw Vengeful though (ms. Blue-hair in the above picture) because she has no nose.. or.. chin... or any other defining facial features.. just big hollow eyes and a weird mouth :D

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Posted Image
A bit of character art of Kas, main character of Demonguard. There's some glaringly wrong anatomy in this, but I don't care, that inking is sexysmooth. :P

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Ohhhhhhgod it's been like, forever since I posted here, ahahaha!
Posted Image
My latest stuff, I'm trying to generate enough fundage to go to AVCon (an awesome convention in a neighbouring state), so if you want a cute gen chibi.. ;D *god I'm shameless*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
How have I missed this? Your work is amazing!

And there, all in one picture, is my favourite video games/characters. Add Link and it would be MY SOUL. :P

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Ahaha, I sorta forgot this place existed for a while, so this thread sorta sank to the bottom of the ocean.. or something. With cruskits.

Annnd, Link you say? XD I did these for a convention last year. They sold hella well.
Posted Image

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
>> Once I get a concept for Audie finalized (ie. after I see the little sketchy commission thingy of her old form so I can redux it), I am totally going to commission you for a chibi of her. <3

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
MY LIFE IS COMPLETE! Cute chibis are cute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users