Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fan art

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!
Some pages from a fan comic I drew back in high school. I just now have a chance to share them. (gleee) I hope to scan the entire story, and even add on to it. Let me know what you think.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
It says that the pages are not found..

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!

It says that the pages are not found..

oh now that is frustrating, I'm sorry.

try here?

http://ladytwinkle.deviantart.com/art/twil...day-01-66177592
http://ladytwinkle.deviantart.com/art/twil...day-02-66181018
http://ladytwinkle.deviantart.com/art/twil...day-03-66187128
http://ladytwinkle.deviantart.com/art/twil...day-04-66205220
http://ladytwinkle.deviantart.com/art/twil...day-05-66207163
http://ladytwinkle.deviantart.com/art/twil...day-06-66377657
http://ladytwinkle.deviantart.com/art/twil...day-07-66378795
http://ladytwinkle.deviantart.com/art/twil...day-08-66379988

Minn

Minn

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
*whistle*

Wow. Just...wow. I love it! How long ago did you draw those? You make so many diffrent camera angles and poses, and advance the story a the right pace ^_^
Wizeman nightopian maded me lawl. That's a new one.
Are there more to the series? I wanna know what happens...and if Dawn turns into reala or is a fan char...
Your style is beautiful btw. ^_^

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

*whistle*

Wow. Just...wow. I love it! How long ago did you draw those? You make so many diffrent camera angles and poses, and advance the story a the right pace ^_^
Wizeman nightopian maded me lawl. That's a new one.
Are there more to the series? I wanna know what happens...and if Dawn turns into reala or is a fan char...
Your style is beautiful btw. ^_^

:) thank you. That is so kind.
Yes there is an entire sketch book filled with this story. I drew it during high school, senior year. (when I was supposed to be taking notes in class) Back in 1997. I was cleaning out some old boxes from storage just this past week, and found my old sketch books. I never had a scanner in high school, and had packed this book up before I purchased one. (so now I can share it)

I hope you all like the story and characters, and I hope it doesn't seem so cheesy...as it is very old. :)
I will scan and post more pages as I am able.
(currently I am posting from work ^_^;) )

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Wow! So Pretty-ful! *Drooling* Sorry...(Heh,heh..)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Cool story adaptation, gives a bit of a twist having Wizeman take control of NiGHTS rather than create him. I like the way you integrated Reala too

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Wow! That is so beautiful! I loved it! ^_^ I felt like I wanted to cry! Your drawings are so great and the storyline, OMG I love it! ^_^

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
That's a really great concept, I love it! Your art style is really nice, two. =3 I want to more~! Poor Twilight. ;-; I'm kinda tempted to draw him now. 8D

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oh wow, This was really touching. I almost cried X3 Loved it.

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Oh wow, This was really touching. I almost cried X3 Loved it.

:blink:

Thank you.

There is more, a whole sketch book full. I just have to scan and rewrite it (so it's legible)

If you all want to draw twilight, I would LOVE to see how others draw him. :blink:

I would be flattered.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Its really beautiful. You really should try to continue it.

This was made 10 years ago? It looks really good. You are quite the artist.

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Its really beautiful. You really should try to continue it.

This was made 10 years ago? It looks really good. You are quite the artist.

yes 10 years. It seems like yesterday. I still remember hiding the sketch book on my lap in class lectures and drawing fiercely at the comics. Then rushing home to play the game and kick my brother off of Virtua fighter and Astral.

We had Christmas NiGHTS first, It came with the Saturn, and the best part was the GIANT NiGHTS advert that was outside the store for the full version of the game. (I often wonder what happened to those big hollofoil canvas banners)

as for my art...
I went to art school in 1998, (the savannah college of art and design) with a major in sequential art and animation...but I had no money for books. So it being an art school, and October... I started selling home made costumes from my dorm. Soon my sewing hobby was VERY profitable. I was introduced to another costume person, who also was obsessed with NiGHTS. She went on and on about her fan character from NiGHTS. (I was impressed with her NiGHTS collection) In 1999 she took me to an anime con. And I made money hand over fist selling art and costumes, When i returned to school. I made a NiGHTS costume, and earned my 1st cosplay award.

I switched majors, and long story short am now a designer for many big cooperations, and currently a costume creator for Cirque Du Soleil. (How is that for a dream that started from a game?)

So NiGHTS is very dear to me, because he has been with me as a fan-character for my whole career search. Now 10 years later I look back at my old work, and have decided, I need to get it out of the old yellowing pages of my sketch books...and share it.

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
It was wonderful. Both the comics and the story of your life.
The storyline is just so good - a very great game adaptation, and a really great as a story itself. Drawings are quite neat, too - I find it impressive how you managed to draw at lectures. Really hoping to see more art of yours!

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
^_^ Very impressive!

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

:D Very impressive!

thank you very much. :lol:

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Posted Image

This is the human version of Twilight

Posted Image

for Seiya

Posted Image

For Ekairi

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
Yay! More pictures to see! They're so good! Looking forward for more!

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Yay! More pictures to see! They're so good! Looking forward for more!

I update the pictures quite often, more so at deviant art.

Thank you for being so kind.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
More story and pictures (colored!! 8D) Hotdiggity giggity!! Your story makes me happy and stuffs. Is Twilight in the human world now? O_O

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

More story and pictures (colored!! 8D) Hotdiggity giggity!! Your story makes me happy and stuffs. Is Twilight in the human world now? O_O

^_^

Thank you.

Yes he is. Page 16 shows him. and Claris's reaction to him.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I really like your art!!!

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

I really like your art!!!

:BLUSH:

thank you! You are so very kind.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Yay, new pages! ...but the last one is replaced by a Photobucket "violation of terms" D:

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Yeah...I am captured by the suspense. :lol:

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Reeeeeh, same here...Please fix it soon, lest I too die of suspense!

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Reeeeeh, same here...Please fix it soon, lest I too die of suspense!

:P

thay's weird!

i guess Reala is too scary for photobucket!

it's on my dev art page too.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Lol "Youre making a weird squeaking sound"

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Lol "Youre making a weird squeaking sound"

^_^

yea, I make Jackle extreamly honest and sarcastic. I like him that way. ;)

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Wow!! ^_^ Twilight the new day continues *Yays* and and I get to see more of your beautiful art! I really love this story it makes me feel so Happy, and like I wanna cry!!! You are very talented! I really like how you drew eveyone!^_^

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
^_^ Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE(;) Go Dreamer @ Oct 12 2007, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow!! B) Twilight the new day continues *Yays* and and I get to see more of your beautiful art! I really love this story it makes me feel so Happy, and like I wanna cry!!! You are very talented! I really like how you drew eveyone!^_^[/quote]

thank you. I actually enjoy making this story available. I had forgotten it, and was so happy to see it again.

:)

thank you.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
Ah I didn't see that you had the picture you did of me over here too. <3

Anywho, how did you do the background for the human version of Twilight?
(I'm assuming that it took some photoshoping but I do need some tips when it comes to backgrounds.)

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Ah I didn't see that you had the picture you did of me over here too. <3

Anywho, how did you do the background for the human version of Twilight?
(I'm assuming that it took some photoshoping but I do need some tips when it comes to backgrounds.)

It's a composition of 4 layers.

I drew Twilight, then digitally on 4 layers added the back ground, stars&moon first, ledge second, and buildings lastly the sky is one big gradient fill.

then the whole thing was flattened and I adjusted the color values in photoshop 6.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

It's a composition of 4 layers.

I drew Twilight, then digitally on 4 layers added the back ground, stars&moon first, ledge second, and buildings lastly the sky is one big gradient fill.

then the whole thing was flattened and I adjusted the color values in photoshop 6.

X_X I guess at 6 layers (I was totally off)
Would it be wrong to ask you how you did the stars and clouds? (thats the thing I'm a bit stuck on. <3)

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
PART #2 Book #1

Posted Image

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
The new comic looks great, and Jackle looks awesome.

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Posted Image

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
oh man, NiGHTS, Reala, and Jackle playing twister. That is sheer GOLD XD

Love your art! Can't wait to see more :3

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Funny. I was involved in a Twister-related incident like this a few days ago.

Good comic by the way. Two thumbs up on this one! :P

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
:P

I know I had so much fun with that last page, that I went ahead and finished the next page.

You guys with your kind words keep me motivated and inspired!
YAY for happy comments!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users