Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you Believe in the purple Nightmaren?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you Believe in NiGHTS? (96 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you Believe in NiGHTS?

1. Duh! NiGHTS totally exsists! (62 votes [64.58%])

Percentage of vote: 64.58%

2. No,NiGHTS is purely fictional. (16 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Im not sure. (18 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Sorry in advance if this has been done before. :P

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Yes! I believe NiGHTS exist! Lately he has appeared to me in my dreams twice! One was a month ago, and the second time was like 3 NiGHTS ago! ^_^

So yeah I absolutely believe he exist! ^_^

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I believe he exists. I think there's not really a lot of proof to support he doesn't, because dreams are so hard to explore with science that we don't know for sure how the brain works. Only close to how it works. Nightopia, Nightmare, iMAGNi, NiGHTS, Wizeman, Reala, SUSPi. I believe in 'em all.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
My true answer could not be polled because its not on there. (A yes and no answer)
As a spirit yes...
As a living being no...
(What I'm saying is that the idea of him exists but he is not a living creature living among us.)

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Im just not sure. Ive never had a NiGHTS dream before but my friend has,about me and NiGHTS, so im not sure if she exsists.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
NiGHTS exists in your mind, man! ;)

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I guess NiGHTS has to prove that he/she/it is real for me. ;)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Everyone should take people's opinions with a grain of salt. I think I should have said that earlier.. but I'm saying it now.. So.. Anyone who votes/posts on this topic, be respectful and keep in mind that polls around here are for fun. They are not to question and/or determine the mental health of anyone on this forum. *Glares in a particular direction*

*Takes off Mod hat* :D

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

*Glares in a particular direction*

Which is me, of course 8D! Everyone knows I'm not right in the head.... I have serious political discussions with teddy bears...

... you didn't hear that from me, though D<!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Don't worry...You're not alone... :P

No,really I had to go to therapy. ;)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Which is me, of course 8D! Everyone knows I'm not right in the head.... I have serious political discussions with teddy bears...

... you didn't hear that from me, though D<!

I didn't mean about one of you being crazy, I meant about someone who ALREADY said something I disapprove of, which is why I decided to add a little disclaimer here. But Anyway, no worries to anyone, don't worry about being yourselves around here. ;) We're all a little nutty, even the ones who don't THINK they are. XD

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I was just kidding when I said I went to therapy...>_>

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

Everyone should take people's opinions with a grain of salt. I think I should have said that earlier.. but I'm saying it now.. So.. Anyone who votes/posts on this topic, be respectful and keep in mind that polls around here are for fun. They are not to question and/or determine the mental health of anyone on this forum. *Glares in a particular direction*

*Takes off Mod hat* ^_^

I believe opinions should be taken with an open mind not a grain of salt. XD
Imagination has no boundaries same goes for true opinions.
In opinions someone is going to rub someone else the wrong way because of different beliefs.
To understand why the person is thinking this you should try to see it from their point of view rather than try to medicate yourself because it may sicken you to know that their opinion seems totally wrong. They must have their reasons to believe what they do, simple as that. :)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Open mind, grain of salt, I'm terrible with sayings. Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm sure the certain someone knows who they are, judging people for their vote. *cough cough*

Anywho, yeah.. Going off topic here. VOTE AWAY, NiGHTS believers/disbelievers/MAYBESOIEVERS! :)

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
honestly, (and i don't understand why) this is rreeeeeaally confusing me...

i think i have a lot of mixed up feelings and thoughts on the belief of NiGHTS...

perhaps... the best way to say it would be: yes and no

so i guess the vote "im not sure" will have to do.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
I know I do. I've never encountered a character that's elicited such a heart-felt reaction from me, ever. Every time I see NiGHTS, especially here lately with the sequel on the way, I feel like I'm reuniting with a very dear friend I haven't seen in years. ^^

I've had my share of dreams with NiGHTS in them, and those have been the most memorable and fun ones I can remember.

So why not? If nowhere else, he exists in our hearts. =3

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!
I believe that all things exist in the hearts and minds of children. All things can become real with imagination, and even hope and love can become tangible things if given care, trust, and effort.

So why not.

The original creator of NiGHTS was inspired by the dreams and hopes of Guy Liberte' and his magical show Mystere' ... Now this character breathed life by this man, who dreamed inspires others to share their dreams. That isn't more "real" then anything else.

so yes.
He exists.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I have to agree with many of you, in that NiGHTS does exist, even if only because of the human imagination. Personal experience with dreams can also dictate what we believe, and it usually takes one encounter with NiGHTS to affirm that belief!

But on that note.. like Sage said, NiGHTS has that "je ne sais quois" that brings out such intense emotion in dreamers and gamers, just by seeing him! That must count for something in this unexplained universe of ours!

And I know I speak for many besides myself when I say.. well, NiGHTS came when we needed him.

Maybe he was sent to help us.

It's possible, no?

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Even though I've never met him face to face, I believe that NiGHTS could very well exist... either in our subconscious or as a spiritual advisor to the people who are in need of his aid, based on the way that his character is. So while NiGHTS may not be real in a physical sense (too many people would have heart attacks from seeing his dragon or flying dolphin form), he might be real in a spiritual sense.

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.
Yes, I do believe very much so that NiGHTS exists. He has appeared to me ten times in my drea- Now Wait just a pan-flippin' minute here! I almost forgot! Only Reala has appeared before me in my dreams those ten times! Darn it! *Hits head on keyboard* AHEM! Anyways, I believe that the dream world in general does indeed exist. After all, I did find myself in spring valley and soft museum several times...

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Anyways, I believe that the dream world in general does indeed exist. After all, I did find myself in spring valley and soft museum several times...

You lucky devil, you!!!!

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.

You lucky devil, you!!!!

Wow, i guess i really am lucky...I even got rescued by reala of all people from a fellow maren...Wow... :P

EJB

EJB

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Music, psychology, Katamari, HTML coding,
I believe NiGHTS exists.
But only in the realm of dreams.
I had a daydream with NiGHTS in it before I even really knew who NiGHTS was.
:P

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Male x male relationships, NiGHTS, Reala, Reala x NiGHTS, drawing, manga, doujinshi, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, designing and making costumes, singing, listening to music of different types, using imagination, walking, dreaming, male pregnancy, peforming music on piano, recorder, clarinet, and vocals.
I believe NiGHTS is real.

The video game was probably based on the dreams Sega, or people they knew, had altogether... and so in order to share it with others, they made a story in the form of a video game.
That is what I believe.

NiGHTS is real. And if so, then the Nightopians, the Maren, all those dreams and nightmares, and even Wizeman exist as well.

Koji_Tsunami

Koji_Tsunami

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
NiGHTS is not real.
But that doesn't mean she doesn't exist.
Sonic, for example, does not exist in this Universe.
NiGHTS, however, could, because she's supposed to be a dream creature in the first place.
It doesn't matter if she was made for profits originally,
NiGHTS became real the second she appeared in someone's dream, it doesn't matter whose.

Twin Seeds city, on the other hand, is a place of pure fiction.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I really do wonder if a Sega employee (Yuji naka or the guy that made up NiGHTS' character design?) had a dream about NiGHTS and made it into a game.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
To be honest, it makes you guys sound a little... uh, crazy, when you talk about NiGHTS as if he's a real person. Just a leetle...

I used to think of him like he was real and separate from the games, too. But nowadays I take a slightly more realistic view... he is a game character, albeit a good and creative one. I have dreamed of him more than once, but never really in depth, and it didn't seem to me that he was the 'real' NiGHTS we see in the game(s). It would be nice if there was one, definite dream person that we all know as NiGHTS, though.
But I'm not ruling his existence out...
I guess you could say that since NiGHTS has had such an influence on you all, and many of you have repeatedly dreamed of him, that he really HAS become real to you. But from the natures of your minds and subconsciousnesses, each of your NiGHTS that you dream of is separate and different, and is not the same as the one we see in the game(s).

Do we have a dream philosophy thread already floating around? When it comes to NiGHTS and the fans, it seems like there's a lot of mind-play to think about...

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

I believe that all things exist in the hearts and minds of children. All things can become real with imagination, and even hope and love can become tangible things if given care, trust, and effort.

So why not.

The original creator of NiGHTS was inspired by the dreams and hopes of Guy Liberte' and his magical show Mystere' ... Now this character breathed life by this man, who dreamed inspires others to share their dreams. That isn't more "real" then anything else.

so yes.
He exists.

Took the words right out of my mind.

I support the idea that NiGHTS is 'real' based on imagination and dreams.

iNSOMNiAC, my muse/fanmaren, on the other hand...I have no doubt about him. He exists, even if it's just in my subconcious or in whatever so-called 'dream realm' may be out there. NiGHTS may have started as a video game character, but I think that he[and all the other 'Maren] are real in some way.

I know that they may not be 'real' in our sense[physical, living beings], but they /do/ exist in /some way/. I know that Somni's helped me through a lot of things. Mostly by consoling me in my dreams. Maybe it's just my mind's way of trying to get over stuff, or..I don't know.

To me, they all exist in dreams. Period.

Sorry for blabbing,

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
NiGHTS can only exist if our minds let him exist. He can be driven through emotion in our dreams in order to appear.

B-Movie

B-Movie

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff! Comedy is a big one... and Subway! I'm interested in anything about Subway! Hmmm, delicious Subway! AND it's healthy for you!
Of course I believe he is real! I mean, all these people say he is real, why wouldn't he be, right? I'm not going to automatically assume these people are lying! That's rude! These people are probably telling the truth and I believe them... until they are proven wrong. It's the American way!

I haven't had a dream with him in it, but I hope I have one one day... I hope he appears in my dream and he is in the form of Freddy Mercury and we ride a motorcycle over a chocolate waterfall! It would be amazing!

BTW, what is NiGHTS? This website seems to be dedicated to it and I was interested.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

BTW, what is NiGHTS? This website seems to be dedicated to it and I was interested.

NiGHTS is me punching you in the face. And everyone loves it. *lol* Next time you come over to my house I'm forcing you to play. *phones you*

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
:(
Y-you don't know what N-NiGHTS is? *faints*

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
lol I'm pretty sure he's kidding. I'm always playing it when he comes over to my apartment, if he doesn't know what he/the game is by now, something is very wrong.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
O-oh... I was gonna say... *sigh of relif* "Why are you here?"
:D

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Well regardless I'm pretty sure he's here because I'm here. lol

But lemme put this back on topic. *Picks up whole topic and throws it in opposite direction*

Shae

Shae

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Yes and no.... >__0
In light of recent dreaming events, I'd like to say yes though. xD

Lunia

Lunia

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I believe in NiGHTS ^_^

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Dude, I totally believe! You would be a fool not to!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I vote yes, NiGHTS does exist, NiGHTS is a nightmare, and nightmares are a real part of our subconsciousness, however, his "role" in the game may be fictional that does not make him any less "real" like an actor in a movie.
All in all to say NiGHTS doesn't exist is to imply Nightmares don't exist... buuut I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing NiGHTS standing on top of the Eiffle tower... unless we have a willing cosplayer? :)

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I do believe that NiGHTS exists in our Dreams and in certain cases our Hearts.

DiGi and TRiPPY are proof enough for me. If something like NiGHTS can change peoples lives so drastically, you can't really say that its not real.

It's quite complex really.

Thanks SEGA :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users