Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Favorite Maren Boss?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Maren Boss? (88 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite maren boss?

1. Wiseman (8 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Reala (20 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. Jackle (36 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

4. Puffy (10 votes [11.36%])

Percentage of vote: 11.36%

5. Gulpo (3 votes [3.41%])

Percentage of vote: 3.41%

6. Clawz (6 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

7. Gilwing (3 votes [3.41%])

Percentage of vote: 3.41%

8. SELPH!!!! OMGBBQ!!1!!! (2 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
I really can't believe this poll hasn't come up yet. Yeah, so what is your favorite maren boss and why? And yes, I added Selph in their to silence all you Selph activists. ^_^

My personal favorite is Wiseman. His fight has great music, great obstacles, and a beautiful look to it. And Wiseman's not bad either.

PREDICTION: At least half of you will pick Reala, I just know it! :P

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.
Yep...It's reala...

TCT

TCT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Games, comics, anime
Of course REALA!!! Wooo! :lol:

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I picked Jackle, I don't know its just funny listening to his cackle while your fighting him and his theme is so cool! But.......

Then again I like Reala because I love that line 'There is no NiGHTS", his theme was awesome, and because Reala PWNs Sega's face! ^_^

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
I thought there was something like this a while ago... maybe that was minion nightmaren?

Anyway. My vote goes to Gulpo. He's the only boss that I can effectively beat in 1.7 seconds or so every time.

Loren

Loren

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Jackle's got my vote :lol: Also, I bet the old board had five thousand of this one poll. Yep, five thousand.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Jackle. Nuff said.
25 percent for Reala? Wowzers. We must wait.

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
JACKLEEEEEEE!!!

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
I like Puffy as well, not because she is cool, but because she is one of the only bosses I have gotten a 2.0 on so far. :lol:

Jackle's best friend

Jackle's best friend

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Reala and Gillwing are my best, but Jackle is my favorite. He is challenging even though he's incredibly predictable, so it is really a mix of luck and skill.

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Male x male relationships, NiGHTS, Reala, Reala x NiGHTS, drawing, manga, doujinshi, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, designing and making costumes, singing, listening to music of different types, using imagination, walking, dreaming, male pregnancy, peforming music on piano, recorder, clarinet, and vocals.
Oh no! I'm picking favorites. xD
I love Reala and now he can do the same things NiGHTS can. lol
It's like he mirrors her.

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
Puffy is hot. Claws in 2nd.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
Jackle got my vote. Of all the bosses in NiD, Jackle provided the greatest challenge and continues to do so to this day, for me. ^^

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I cant believe only 2 of us picked wiseman!! finishing off the big fella is very satisfying. (still hate gillwing..grrrr)

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Wizeman, Jackle a close second.
That is... game play wise... Otherwise I think we all know who my favorite would be. haha.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
Hey, don't you laugh at us Selph addicts, submas! XD
He never was part of the game, though, so it would indeed be funny if someone voted for him...!

WiZEMAN gets my vote hands-down, though... all six of' em! <3 I love that big guy.

I do like Puffy quite a bit, though... and Gillwing. Gill's such a bizarre creature and he has amazing music, but never seems to get much love.
Ditto that point with Puff; she's a lovely gal but I don't see her getting the publicity I think she deserves.

Even so, I'm all for the Nightmare Lord in this one. Plus his boss stage is absolutely fantastic!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Reala reala reala reala. Yes.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Gulpo was fun for me. Not my favourite Nightmaren overall, but I liked fighting him a lot for some reason.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Jackle was always the hardest for me in the original, so he gets my vote. Plus, his den is kickin' and crazy. Who doesn't love malevolent jack-in-the-boxes? But Reala and Clawz are close seconds.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I voted Puffy.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
I like the NiGHTS and Reala battle. The music was cool and it was challenging to me.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Selph... Selph... Selph... *zombie moan*

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Puffy! First NiD boss I ever got a 2x bonus on (and I can't seem to do it again).

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Wizeman because for two reasons: one I tend to have a liking for the bigger more dark lord types. second because other than reala there was no bosses from journey of dreams.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Wow I can't believe I missed this poll. Well anyway I chose Puffy. It's nothing more fun to throwing fat opera singers into walls and watch them become crushed by spikes ^_^

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
well, my favorite to fight is Clawz,
favorite to draw is Gillwing,
and personality-wise is definitely Jackle!!

I can't decide!!!

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
Jackle hands down!

::NiGHTS::lover

::NiGHTS::lover

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog games, NiGHTS, Pokemon games, NiGHTS, KH2, ferrets, cats, dogs, NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle...
Reala....Jackle....Reala....Jackle...Reala....GAAAAAAH!!!

JACKLE!!! 8D

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I like Clawz... ya, ya I know...
"but you never played NiD!"
I just like his design,
of corse I like Reala too and Jackle is also pretty cool...
but my vote goes to claws. :mellow:

Dreams

Dreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Это тебя не касается. Убирайся.
I'm shocked that Jackle is winning. x_x

I always loved Clawz... a huge blue cat that sets things on fire. Oh gosh. And his sfx are great!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I voted for Puffy. Not only is she the first NiGHTS boss that I ever saw (Thank you, adverts and Xmas NiD), but the ad with her totally sums up NiGHTS for me:

Posted Image

Dreams

Dreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I've never seen that ad! XD What a tragedy! The first boss I saw was Gillwing, in a game review, and in ads... the ads I have are probably from the same series as that one, with maren and text on a white background.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
That's funny- I've seen the Puffy advert a lot online, but never any others in the series. I wonder if there was one for each boss, or if there were only a few...

Dreams

Dreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I only have a Gillwing one, but there's two different versions of it. I'd have to look in my folder to see what other ads I have, and scan them in.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Jackle because his level looks really cool on youtub. ;)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Jackle because I just like him. I don't know why; I've never played the game. (wtfbbq am I voting for, then?)

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
I picked Gillwing, because he's easiest for me to beat - or, rather, easiest to figure out how to beat.
Design-wise, I like Jackle and Reala. Game-wise, I like them not so much (Jackle is killing meeee)
And then come Clawz, Puffy and Gulpo, in that order.

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach
Puffy.

It's not over till the fat lady stops singing.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Come on. It's all about Gulpo, people.

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
go REALA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users