Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, those KH titles.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

The Keyblade just doesn't seem so special anymore if a ton of different people can have one.

There has always been three people. Where's this "a ton of different people?"

I know you like the idea of the vast and over complicated story development that takes 10 pages to write about...but thats a FF aspect and not a Disney one.

Kinda the opposite, actually. The blatant Disney influence/inspiration in the story is what makes it interesting.

Yes this game was done by Square Enix and has FF characters in it. But the main point of the game were the Disney characters. Playing a RPG about all these characters is was amazing. But now Square Enix influence is becoming more and more recognizable.

If anything, Disney is becoming more and more prominent. Nostalgia from the first game is what you're missing.

The kind of atmosphere I get from some of Disney realms in KH2 felt very wrong to me.

As I said.

I know Disney movies can get a bit dark too but this is a bit much. Especially with Micky. (God When I first saw him dressed in that black cloak....I was just stunned. It was something so out of place and so wrong to me.) Then we got something that has nothing to do with Disney and its starting to envelope the entire story plot.

It's an original game, not "fight with Disney characters in a Disney plot with some other random characters." Of course it has to has its own originality. And it should envelop the plot - it IS the plot.

There is nothing wrong with FF. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. But some people will hate it and turn away from it. Its all personally opinion. It is true that the majority (I think) want this series storyline and such but some of us that fell in love with the magic the first game had are disappointed.

Oh, there's PLENTY wrong with FF. Not a good series on the whole. However, what they're doing is what they should be. You can't make a successful series based off of nostalgia.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Wow... You said it. It IS an original game, and that is what I love the most about it. Actually, the Disney characters are more important than the FF ones. Just think about it.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

Wow... You said it. It IS an original game, and that is what I love the most about it. Actually, the Disney characters are more important than the FF ones. Just think about it.

Even so I still wanna see certain FF characters in the game, like Freya, although unlikely, she would fit more in the "cartoony" realm of Disney than the gutter mouth Cid would imo... now for something abit different...
KEEP THOSE !@#$ SINGING STAGES OUT OF KH!!!
(little mermaid in KH2... oh how I hate you so much...)

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Yeah! I hate the singing stages!!!!!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I kinda liked them. *is killed by the mob*

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
The trailer looks amazing, and I am looking so forward to these games! In fact, I bought my PSP for BBS! And I actually like the singing stages in KH2 as well, and I had the thought that in BBS, since it is a prequel, in Halloween Town, we could be shown Jack's first attempts at creating Christmas himself (KH2's Santa said that that was his 2nd try, right?), and we could play a similar singing game (with harder options, though) with the songs from "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
^^ Every thing for every one. I just won't play those levels.

ViCE

ViCE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, yaoi, Phoenix Wright, Kingdom Hearts, theatre, CATS, StEx, Phantom of the Opera (Book & ALW Musical), art, cosplay, writing
I like the Kingdom Hearts series, but I'm not an OMGSUPERFAN. (Like I am with the Ace Attourney series.)

One thing that has always bugged me is that KH characters are messing with Disney storylines. They take the characters and stick them into the storyline that is existant in the movies already, creating a strange sort of AU. That's always made me go "Bwa?".

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Of course some changes has to be made. How else would they fit Disney into the storyline?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Could someone kind enough summarize the entire KH series for me. I owned KH1(was stolen by a traitor) and I own KH Chain of Memories (L button is broken so I can't advance) but to be honest I don't understand anything except the fact that you've entered the "Wonderful world of Disney" and you can't leave until you do some stuff. Seriously, a little help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help :)

It doesn't matter though. The series just never grabbed me after the first game anyway. A lot of people see awesomeness but all I see is one of the greatest business deals in video game history. Original I guess but meh.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
See, the thing is... If you (general you) don't get it in the first place, I doubt a summary will make things clearer. Besides, trying to sum up all of Kingdom Hearts is like trying to sum up The Lord of the Rings series - including the appendix. Either you get TL;DR, or you cut out so much stuff people will wonder what's so good about them.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

See, the thing is... If you (general you) don't get it in the first place, I doubt a summary will make things clearer. Besides, trying to sum up all of Kingdom Hearts is like trying to sum up The Lord of the Rings series - including the appendix. Either you get TL;DR, or you cut out so much stuff people will wonder what's so good about them.

I'll say as much as I know then.

-Sora and friends on island
-Some cave
-Transported to world of Disney
-Something about a key
-Kairi doesn't know how to jump from 1 rock to the other

Does that help lol

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Not really XD Try these summaries. They don't cover everything, but it's a start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users