Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, those KH titles.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
KH: Birth by Sleep [for PSP]
KH: 358/2 Days [for DS]
KH: Coded [for mobile]

Yeah.

KHU seems to have the best amount of content coverage on it, so:

<a href="http://kh2.co.uk" target="_blank">http://kh2.co.uk</a>

Read up there.

Highlights:

KH:BbS -

- Centers around Terra, Ven, Aqua [three knights in secret videos of KH2 and FM+] and "Master Xehanort" [the bald guy].
- Gameplay similar to KH/2
- This seems to be the installment that most contributes to the story and will build up most to KH3

KH: 358/2 -

- Focuses on Roxas and Organization XIII during the year while Sora is asleep in Castle Oblivion.
- There is four-player co-op involved; whether it's a separate mode or if it is integrated into the main story is unknown. Oh, and you all play as different members of the Org.
- Apparently, a female 14th member that is added during this time.

KH: Coded -

- Involves Jiminy and Mickey digitalizing Jiminy's Journal after KH2's events to discover the meaning of a phrase inside it that Jiminy did not write.
- Looks like a puzzle game?

Anyway, if any of you know me at all...

I'm as;dofijasl;dkfma;soeiruaso;dkfm;slakm stoked. :]

6/something/08: TRAILER GUYZ.

Yeeuh.

foxboy39

foxboy39

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Finally!!! I can get a KH game for my DS!!! :lol: I can't wait for this game to come out now! *Now adds game to wanted list, along with JoD and MMZX:A*

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Hooray! More KH games!

Finally, a PSP game I can look forward to. But if the DS version trumps it (I own both systems), then oh well...back to homebrewland!

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Now i need to buy a PSP.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Whee, I'm rather giddy as to the DS one, but I lack a PSP.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I need a PSP. Good thing I already have a DS <_<

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I haven't used my PSP for awhile, and DS I haven't used... since February. This is a good excuse to charge both of 'em 8D! Imma looking excited 8D!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I've got PSP and DS, I'll most likely get both. I only just bought KHII though *lol* so I'm going through that at the moment. I've been on a KH Kick since manifest *damn those cosplayers D:*

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
A game that builds up to KH3 and a game that features Roxas and the other Organization members (is a fan of Roxas, Axel, and Demyx)?! Curse it all, now I must buy a PSP and a DS!

*resists the urge to run to Wikipedia and flops over*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Wow...I am glad I hate the new KH stuff. Otherwise I would be upset about not having a PSP. Oh lordy will it ever end?! D8

They don't have any plans after KH3 do they?! O.O

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
i have only curses to speak about this... so I'll just leave it at:

Bah...

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Wow...I am glad I hate the new KH stuff. Otherwise I would be upset about not having a PSP. Oh lordy will it ever end?! D8

They don't have any plans after KH3 do they?! O.O

At least it's nothing like the FF7 compilation.

Relevant stories, pls.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

At least it's nothing like the FF7 compilation.

Relevant stories, pls.

Oh god don't remind me. Glad I hate FF7 too. Funny...all the games with a bunch of compilations and I don't like them. Makes me feel special and unique.

I will admit though...if I am super super board and have a lot of extra money I might bet the DS game when its $20. However that chances of that happening is slim cause I would rather have the Tetris Attack game on the DS compared to that. Still...I guess some people are happy about all this so I will stop complaining now.

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
If I hated KH, I'd get the DS game for potential of ultimate-fun multiplayer. >_>

KH battle system + three friends?

o mai

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fanatic! This is some of the best news I have ever heard! Now I have to go buy a PSP! Glad I have enough.

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
http://kh-2.net/?nav=49658

HEEEEEEEEEE

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Alright, now I want to know what the with Ven and Roxas is. No way they can look so alike and NOT have a connection.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Alright, now I want to know what the with Ven and Roxas is. No way they can look so alike and NOT have a connection.

It's so weird! An inteview with the director even hinted at the connection! Why does he look exactly the same AND have the same clothes with different colors? I MUST KNOW! I wonder how Sora and Riku as kids play into this? OOH, what if they explain how Kairi came to Destiny Islands? I have wanted to know exactly what happened there, and maybe this will do so!

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)

I know what ya mean! When i first saw Ven, i was like "WTF?? Roxas?"

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Thom, I owe you.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Gawd, more KH. =l

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

I believe I have a pretty good guess on this one... but it's just an estimation based on my knowledge of KH... so possible spoiler...
Spoiler

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
i have ALOT of theories! I usually am right. My theory was once that
Spoiler
I'm guessing from the old man's name that I'm right! ^^

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Could someone kind enough summarize the entire KH series for me. I owned KH1(was stolen by a traitor) and I own KH Chain of Memories (L button is broken so I can't advance) but to be honest I don't understand anything except the fact that you've entered the "Wonderful world of Disney" and you can't leave until you do some stuff. Seriously, a little help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

What what!

Leaked trailer? Oh yes.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Am I the only one who feels like the KH stuff is just getting WORSE? I couldn't stand the Organization people. : |

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Am I the only one who feels like the KH stuff is just getting WORSE? I couldn't stand the Organization people. : |

NO your not. I feel the exact same way and will never play another KH game because of it. KH1 was great. Chain of Memories was...well...it ick. I don't know what else to say about that thing. It recapped several things about KH and then told about the orginization. The Riku part was downright terrible too. Then it just went right down the drain with KH2. (Only thing I liked was seeing Vivi but like two seconds.) I gave the games a chance, but NO MORE! What the hell happened to the Disney aspect. Its turning way too much into a Final Fantasy story.

iLLViLAiN the whole entering "Wonderful Word of Disney" died in a pit of fire with KH2. :/ (Yes the Diesney worlds are there but it still greatly focuses on the Organization, nobodies, heart darkness dark dark dark boo.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I liked KH1's combat system... KH2 turns you into too much of a god once ya reach higher levels... also... the little mermaid level in KH2 made me want to rip my ears off!!!

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...

Am I the only one who feels like the KH stuff is just getting WORSE?

No way... your definitely not alone... this series IS getting worse... (i didnt think that was possible after KH2)

God, I hate the Kingdom Hearts Series... yes, thats right... the second one makes me hate the series as a whole now... even if the first one was great, I cant play it anymore knowing that the sequel exists. the new ones are just going to make it worse...

(tries to stay on topic)
And as for the new leaked trailer... ugh... first off, why do they need to move about so much as they talk and make so many gestures with their hands? It just looks... weird... seriously.
Secondly, Mickey looks SO out of place, it's not even funny...
And third, is it just me? Or is EVERYONE wielding a keyblade now?

wtf?

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
You people have the most petty gripes.

What the hell happened to the Disney aspect. Its turning way too much into a Final Fantasy story.

That's what it's been along; you just feel nostalgic from the first time you played KH. I feel the same way. But, in terms of story quality and atmosphere, it's remained the same, if not better.
As for CoM... replay that and tell me the writing isn't miles ahead of KH/2.

And as for the new leaked trailer... ugh... first off, why do they need to move about so much as they talk and make so many gestures with their hands? It just looks... weird... seriously.

You mean, they don't do this in just about every other game? Yeah, it looks kinda funny. But it adds emphasis to what they're saying. People do it all the time in real life.

Secondly, Mickey looks SO out of place, it's not even funny...

And that's your opinion. Given your knowledge of what's going on, you'd probably be more inclined to have that opinion, too.

And third, is it just me? Or is EVERYONE wielding a keyblade now?

The game takes place ten years before the first. Different situation, etc. Holy smokes, story development!

I will apologize to you all that the series hasn't remained exactly the same since its first try. It's evolving, as it should. Fair enough?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I liked KH1's combat system... KH2 turns you into too much of a god once ya reach higher levels... also... the little mermaid level in KH2 made me want to rip my ears off!!!

http://www.vgcats.co...s/?strip_id=194
I totally agree. The only song I could even stand was Part of Your World. They should have at least used more of the original songs instead of making up their own. The ones they made was just plain awful. (I never liked Under the Sea though thats original to the movie. But thats just my opinion. )

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Never liked Under the Sea?

Heresy!

And yes, Atlantica totally blew.

...I kinda thought it was worse in KH1. Swimming is the devil.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

You mean, they don't do this in just about every other game? Yeah, it looks kinda funny. But it adds emphasis to what they're saying. People do it all the time in real life.

well, for me... it just gives off.. well, too much emphasis... I honestly never see people make gestures like that where i am... or the video games i play. i understand that there are other games that do the same thing, but its likely that I've never seen or played them...

And that's your opinion. Given your knowledge of what's going on, you'd probably be more inclined to have that opinion, too.

it just looks more and more like a final fantasy game... and it feels like it has a lot less to do with Disney... thats why he looks so out of place.

The game takes place ten years before the first. Different situation, etc. Holy smokes, story development!

ah... I see... well, regardless, it still feels like too many people can wield a keyblade... i still don't get why Riku can, all of a sudden, wield a keyblade... and Kairi as well... but your right, its merely my opinion...

I'd like to apologize if i gave off some bad energy earlier... sorry... (I'll shut up now.)

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

ah... I see... well, regardless, it still feels like too many people can wield a keyblade... i still don't get why Riku can, all of a sudden, wield a keyblade... and Kairi as well... but your right, its merely my opinion...

Riku was supposed to have it to begin with remember? He finally regained that ability. And why Kairi had one is still up in the air. Most think it was just a "fake," or a temporary sort of thing, akin to Sora when he dual wields.

It's been said that there's one Keyblade per qualified heart. That's three as of KH2. Sora, Mickey, and Riku. *shrug*

As for BbS looking too much like Final Fantasy and not enough Disney... well, the story's supposed to be pretty different, stylistically. However, there've been shots of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and suggestedly Snow White, so it looks like more classic Disney tales will be visited.
And, considering the change of writers since KH2 [they're using the CoM writers now], it'll probably turn out much, much better for people wanting more atmosphere from their Disney worlds.

I don't mean to act aggressively towards people who have been disappointed, but really... especially if you thought KH2 was bad, BbS seems more and more like the game to look into, if you ask me.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
The Keyblade just doesn't seem so special anymore if a ton of different people can have one.

I know you like the idea of the vast and over complicated story development that takes 10 pages to write about...but thats a FF aspect and not a Disney one. Yes this game was done by Square Enix and has FF characters in it. But the main point of the game were the Disney characters. Playing a RPG about all these characters is was amazing. But now Square Enix influence is becoming more and more recognizable. The kind of atmosphere I get from some of Disney realms in KH2 felt very wrong to me. I know Disney movies can get a bit dark too but this is a bit much. Especially with Micky. (God When I first saw him dressed in that black cloak....I was just stunned. It was something so out of place and so wrong to me.) Then we got something that has nothing to do with Disney and its starting to envelope the entire story plot.

There is nothing wrong with FF. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. But some people will hate it and turn away from it. Its all personally opinion. It is true that the majority (I think) want this series storyline and such but some of us that fell in love with the magic the first game had are disappointed.

I am sorry if I made you upset and you are free to have your opinion as much as I do. I am not saying the game is god awful. I am just saying it has changed so much that it has turned into something SOME of us don't want.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Excuse me, but you all have offended me extremly. I won't argue, because you are entitled to an opinion, but I will give mine as well.
I LOVE the Org., espeacially Marluxia, who gets picked on for being gay.
I don't like the disney aspect, but the FF aspect of it. The story can only get better.
I do agree that the games are getting easier, though, because they are.
Also, Riku is supposed to be The True Chosen one, and BbS is in the past. Riku did forefit the right, though.
Sora, whom I mostly despise, is very naive and silly. His character is BORING, to me, at least.
Kairi is stupid in the first game, but average in the third.
I like CoM. Ah..... Marluxia PaWNS!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Excuse me, but you all have offended me extremly. I won't argue, because you are entitled to an opinion, but I will give mine as well.
I LOVE the Org., espeacially Marluxia, who gets picked on for being gay.
I don't like the disney aspect, but the FF aspect of it. The story can only get better.
I do agree that the games are getting easier, though, because they are.
Also, Riku is supposed to be The True Chosen one, and BbS is in the past. Riku did forefit the right, though.
Sora, whom I mostly despise, is very naive and silly. His character is BORING, to me, at least.
Kairi is stupid in the first game, but average in the third.
I like CoM. Ah..... Marluxia PaWNS!

I am sorry if I offended you but I did say that its all up to opinion. I also said that the game is good for fans who like this type of direction. What you stated is totally opposite about what I loved about KH and therefore you are the type of person I said would still enjoy that game. Which is also the majority. I never said the game was god awful. I just said I hate it now because its not what 'I' wanted. That doesn't mean the game itself is bad. Its is still fun to play. (Though if you don't like the story then its hard to have fun sometimes.) If I did state that the game was awful for everyone then I am sorry. I don't know why I would put such a thing. Maybe I typed to fast.

Just because you like it this way doesn't mean its the best thing in the world. Granted it seems to have been the best thing to do since it seems to satisfy the majority. However there are still those out there that hate what is happening and that is why they dislike it.

You are entitled to your opinion. You like the direction it is going so that is why the game is still great for YOU and others.

I do agree with you about Kairi. I never liked her in either games though. But that is my personal opinion.

I forgot which one was Marluxia. Is that the guy with the pink scyth? Its been too long.....

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Oh, you are intitled to your opinion! ^^ I don't belive I said you weren't!
I'm glad we agree about Kairi! There are two sides to every argument, and I respect yours. I actually don't really like the "main cast" (except Riku) that much.
Yes, Marluxia is the pink scythe guy!

Lego3400

Lego3400

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I personlly feel it's the SE element that is the main partt of the story and that the disney part should (and does) take the back seat. That is also Disney's fault. They were very insitent that charcters from various movies intermingle much.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
If I want only Disney I watch one of their movies, and if I want only SE I play any of the FF-games. For me KH is about both of them, it's what made me want to play the game in the first place. I do think, though, that the storyline could use some more work and balance. I know Nomura keeps things vague on purpose so the fans will speculate, but... some explanations would be nice. The Keyblade thing has already been mentioned.

That is also Disney's fault. They were very insitent that charcters from various movies intermingle much.

Er... what? :D I'm not sure I get what you're saying here. Are you saying that Disney controlled how much their characters would appear? Do you have any source on this? Because Nomura and his team were pretty much given free hands - the only restriction was that in the first game they could only have Mickey appear in once scene, and even then they were free to decide when he was going to show up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users