Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

The Music of NiD

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
If there is already a topic like this, then sorry, because I prolly missed it. Just merge it or something. :D

Anyway, what does the amazing fanbase here at the fantastic NiD.com think about NiD's music? Do you like it or hate it? Does the effect A-Life has on the music make it sound better or worse? Does the music sound familar to another game? And will JoD's music sound like the original's music, and will it keep the same funky-fresh feeling NiD had with its tunes?

I personally enjoy practically every song in NiD, except for Gulpo's theme and the Frozen Bell theme. Those just never fit with me. I think the fact that A-Life is present in music is amazing and near-revolutionary. It is amazing to me because every game can sound completely different, with a remix sound to it. Some of the music in my opinion sounds like it evolved from a Sonic game, but it still sounds totally original. I do believe that in some levels, especially those similar to the originals (like the JoD Splash Garden), the music will at least be reminiscent of the original song, although I am worried about if the new music will have the same feeling as the original had.

........ Man what a rant. :huh:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
NiGHTS music= love

Bar none NiGHTS has one of the best soundtracks in gaming. The A-Life system adds so much replayability to the levels. It's fun seeing how it'll change, and it can get frustrating trying to get the version you want sometimes :) I find that all the music works pretty well, none stand out as seeming unsuited to their situation.

lately I've been thinking about music that works with NiGHTS, and thinking of what compositions I could come up with.. or if I hear something instrumental I'll think of NiGHTS and see how it fits. It's hard for me to think of compositions that don't just feel like retreads on the original tracks..

Right now I am thinking of how Wizeman's theme could be remixed for JoD..

I have a lot to say on this subject, will continue to edit this post.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
NiGHTS on youtube=awesome

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Thinking about NiGHTS music just makes me want Christmas NiGHTS more, because they had that awesome melody box thing where you could adjust the music to simulate A-Life. *drools on keyboard* :)

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I've said this before, but the music in NiGHTS is what first drew me to it, and still conveys its spirit to me better than any other medium. I love it. :)

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

I've said this before, but the music in NiGHTS is what first drew me to it, and still conveys its spirit to me better than any other medium. I love it. :D

It would be an interesting spinoff game if Sega made a game based off of the music of NiGHTS. Maybe a rhythm game, or a music composer thing. I would love :) that kind of game.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
All right, here's my take on the NiD soundtrack:

Probably among the most beautiful music I've ever heard. At least as far as video games go.

The original score sent a shiver down my spine the first time I heard it. The music is so well-done it can bring a smile to my face anytime I hear it regardless of my mood. Most notably, The Paternal Horn (Spring Valley) and The Amazing Water (Splash Garden) are up there.

The music really does convey the mood and theme of the game perfectly, far better than I could imagine. Considering it IS from a Sonic Team game, try playing The Paternal Horn while playing the first act of Sonic 1 on mute. It fits :blink:

<<
>>
I also burned a bunch of the music to audio CDs and I listen to them when I drive. Whenever The Growth (Twin Seeds) comes on and it gets into the main theme I can't help but put my foot down.

I've said too much :lol:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh yeah! "After the Dream" made me feel so fuzzy when I first heard it. Those feelings fade as you get used to it, but still, so pretty..

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Location:Scenic Chavland, United Kindom. Just passed the Burned Cars...
  • Interests:Composing/Writing/Getting Inspired by/Listening AND Criticising music, drawing, reading, comics, cartoon, playing video ga... You get the idea.
Im a HUGE fan of NiD's music. Especialy Growing Wings. Many people say the FUll Orchestral Theme or "Dreams, Dreams" is the Definitive NiGHTS Song. Nay, for me, Growing Wings Is IMHO.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Im a HUGE fan of NiD's music. Especialy Growing Wings. Many people say the FUll Orchestral Theme or "Dreams, Dreams" is the Definitive NiGHTS Song. Nay, for me, Growing Wings Is IMHO.

My favorita is Gloom of the NHC. To me, it sounds great, and it works perfectly with the level its in. It has a darker, emptier feeling to it that I really go for.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
It does indeed suit the Mystic Forest quite well. That sense of mystery..

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I was a fan of the music pretty much before I was a fan of the game. Yeah... it's kinda like that.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
The best thing about the music is how the A-life system affects it... you can get all sorts of interesting spins on the same song depending on how your pians are feeling. I love it when I revisit a stage and the music is different, it's great to receive feedback from the residents <_<

My favorites are Gloom of the NHC, Suburban Museum and Under Construction. Oh, and After the Dream, I love the way it's so flowy and free... I watched a flock of birds take off once while listening to it, and that beautiful image has always stuck in my mind.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
NiGHTS has very beautiful and memorable music.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

The best thing about the music is how the A-life system affects it... you can get all sorts of interesting spins on the same song depending on how your pians are feeling. I love it when I revisit a stage and the music is different, it's great to receive feedback from the residents :D

My favorites are Gloom of the NHC, Suburban Museum and Under Construction. Oh, and After the Dream, I love the way it's so flowy and free... I watched a flock of birds take off once while listening to it, and that beautiful image has always stuck in my mind.

Yeah, those 4 songs are my favorite.

I always liked D-force Masters too, because rather than being intimidating boss music, its more epic and exciting, like something important is truly happening.

And A-Life=pwnage. :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I feel the same about Wizeman's music.. I think back in the day I preferred Reala, Jackle, Clawz.. but I really like Wizeman's track now more than I used to. All the Nightmaren music is so catchy and I can only hope I can eventually say the same about the new ones.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Time for an interlude

http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/NiGHTS-i...al-version-.mp3

might have to copypasta.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Gate of your Dream, Dream Dreams in Silent Memory, and Paternal horn rank really high as my favorites, Gate of your Dream being my absolute favorite.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Gate of your Dream, Dream Dreams in Silent Memory, and Paternal horn rank really high as my favorites, Gate of your Dream being my absolute favorite.

Gate of Your Dream is cool because of all those voices in the background. Love that song too! :)

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Gate of Your Dream is cool because of all those voices in the background. Love that song too! :D

From the NID music I've always loved 'Gate of your Dream'! ^_^ No matter how many times I listen to that song, it makes my heart feel happy, and warm! ^_^

But I also liked D-Force Master,the Mantle, and Reala vs NiGHTS! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users