Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wanna Be On Show 04?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. It's obvious that quite a few of you want to be on the next DreamCast so i've had to make this it's own topic as the other one is getting cluttered.
Firstly, this show probably won't be ready until the end of the month BUT we want to get this section out of the way now so my workload doesn't get jam packed with audio clips flying at me from every angle.

The interview section from Show 03 was somewhat of a hit so we're bringing it back again for Show 04.
Now, since Show 03 went up, a whole heap of NiGHTS news hit the net so rather than just ask you people one question like last time we're going to ask you two or three instead. The rules are as follows, though -

1) Answer questions WITHOUT babbling too much and wasting audio time. (we are going to have a lot to get through in the next show).

2) Keep audio clips under/around 3 minutes so plan in advanced what you're going to say.

3) If you were on the previous show then we would rather have some new blood for the next one so if you've already been featured, sorry but you're gonna have to wait for your turn to come around again.

4) We won't be able to feature everybody who wants to be on the show so we're going to have to make a short list. If you get chosen then well done, you're on. If you don't, no hard feelings but it's all down to the shows length and we're not picking favourites. Understand?

Ok. Let's get down to business now.
In this show we want you to speak about your feelings towards the following -

- NiGHTS' voice. Has it grown on you yet? How do you feel about it?
- Reala. What do you make of his new design? Are you happy or sad?
- And to finish off, what are your impressions of the game after seeing the latest IGN trailer?

Remember, you have only roughly 3 minutes to cover those points so it would be best to have a note on each section written out before hand so you know roughly what you're going to say so you don't waste time. We don't want you to rush through it so be easy with your speech and don't make it sound like you're reading from a book that you just wrote. However, keep an eye on the time and do your best to keep it at around 3 minutes long. In the most extreme cases i can allow up to 3 and half minutes but no more. An extra 30 seconds can go a long way if you already know what you've got to say. ^_^

You MUST have decent recording quality or we won't use your clip. There was only so much editing i could do last time. So, if you have Audacity recording software then use it, by all means. You'll be doing me a HUGE favor. As i said, recording quality must be good or we will have to reject your voice clip.

Some people like the idea of backing music for their own voice clips. Last time it was a spur of the moment idea to use instrumentals that i had and pasted them over the voice clips. This time we're letting you put your own backing music to your voice clip. If, however, you decide that your backing music is far more important than your opinion and you end up having a audio clip where you've got thrash metal playing louder than your own voice, yet again, we'll reject your clip. No point in having a voice clip if we can't hear your voice. So, keep music to a low so it gives the audio clip a bit more life but doesn't drown you in the process. Also, VERY IMPORTANT, no backing music with lyrics/words in it. It becomes a distraction when you're talking and you've got some dude in the background singing his lungs out. Only instrumentals please. Thanksi.

Formats to send in can be WAV or MP3, either is good.

But to start things off i'm going to need to see a list of people who are wanting to be on the show.....Soooooo if you're interested AND you have no problem following those rules then leave a simple reply of 'yes' after this post. We're looking at about having 10 people on the show so if we end up having more than 10 we're going to have to pick and choose so don't be offended if you don't get chosen, ok? ok.

After you have replied with the word 'yes' in your post and we have a selection of people sitting in this topic waiting to record their voice clips, i'll edit your post by saying 'you're good to go' or something and then you get to recording. I don't want people sending me voice clips if you have not been selected to do so.

Ok. So, now that i got all that cleared up, let's see a show of hands on who still wants to be in Show 04 of DreamCast. ^_^

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Yes, I'd be glad to be on the show |D!

I got a good quality microphone, and I'm getting Audacity soon, and I probably won't babble on for long, so... I should be able to do it :3. Unless something happens. Again, it's not too quiet around here >.<!

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. ^_^

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Definately : )

--EDiT--

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I'd like to be on the next show, I've already stated why, but I can totally understand and encourage your want to get new blood on the show. If however there is any shortage of participants, I'd be glad to fill in strictly as a last resort.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Yeah, I guess I might bestow my oratory excellence upon your listeners ears. :D Just give the word. Yes.

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. :(

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Yes.

Edit: I think sending private messages would work better than editing posts; that way we can also be notified by e-mail.

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. :huh:

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Ja, bitte!

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. :huh:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Tentative yes.

Currently recording just in case.. man this is hard :) Gonna go through a lot of revisions.. gotta assemble mah points..

--EDiT--

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
yes

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. :)

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Possibly yes. 8D I don't have Audacity though. Any free recording programs you guys can suggest? Besides the Window default, that is. XD PM me so we don't clutter up this thread, 'kay? <3

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. :lol:

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Location:Scenic Chavland, United Kindom. Just passed the Burned Cars...
  • Interests:Composing/Writing/Getting Inspired by/Listening AND Criticising music, drawing, reading, comics, cartoon, playing video ga... You get the idea.
Yeah, why not. But due to having to Record my Clip on a MP3, It won't be the CLEAEREST thing in the world. But there is a Plus side... It has a Counter to show how long i've been rambling, so i can have it done and out of the way by 3 Minutes on the Dot.

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hurry hurry hurry, before the offer ends.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

D:!

... I'll probably record myself and send it over there soon. It's only quiet 'round here late at night, or early in the morning >>...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

You sound like one of those television announcements.

"If you call in the next 30 min, we will throw in this this this and this. Hurry before this offer ends soon!"

Sorry I had to say it. Wait...your e-mail is working again right?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
The email is working now, yes. We just have not got around to announcing it yet PLUS we're in the middle of moving a whole heap of stuff around on our server so it's best not to send anything into us right now.

Anyways, as i said, i will edit your post AND send you a PM if we choose you to make an audio clip. We're just waiting for a few more people to sign up before we start accepting clips. So, everyone who as signed here, sit tight for now and we'll call you when you're good to go. ^^

As for the rest of you, if you're interested and the rules are no problem for you to follow then sign up. Thanksi.

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sure :D I wouldn't mind verbally indulging some of my JoD thoughts with all you lovely peeps~

--EDiT--

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
>3< i'd love to! my radio program is going bust so it'd be nice to finally get another chance to use my mic. XD ITS NEW TOO. gah, complications and all though. *waves hands dimissivly* Too many things i need for that thing. but a 3 minute audio clip sounds good. XD

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. <_<

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. We now have enough people so no more signing up.

I will now be contacting the people who are in. Cheers.

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Reason for edit: because i'm a busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i'm a very busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a VERY busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a VEEEEEERY busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a VERY bloody busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a VERY BLOODY busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a very bloody stupidly busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a very bloody stupidly impossibly busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am... *dies from being busy*
Reason for edit: *is dead*
Reason for edit: *died 5 minutes ago*

You know, "bloody busy" sounds to an American like two adjectives (e.g. I'm a very bloody, busy bunny man.), rather than one adjective preceeded by an adverb. I was a bit worried there for a second.

Anyway, DiGi's not dead. He has merely collapsed from dehydration, exhaustion, and low blood sugar. :o

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Lack of foodstuffs.

*races to to the kitchen to make curry*

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Anyone know of any good sound recorder programs? D:
Windows sound recorder SUCKS.

Edit: Zero-Shift recommended Audacity. I'll get the recording done by the end of the weekend.
:o

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Cool. What to talk about, what to talk about? *busies himself with recording*

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
I'll post this here just in case somebody has this problem.

If you're using Windows and your microphone is otherwise working correctly, except that your recorded voice is just too soft to be able to hear, try this:
  • Open the Control Panel
  • Select Sounds and Audio Devices
  • Select the tab labeled Voice
  • In the section labeled Voice recording, make sure that your microphone is selected, then click the button labeled Volume
  • In the Recording Control window that appears, open the Options menu and make sure that the Advanced Controls option is selected
  • Click the button at the bottom of the window labeled Advanced
  • In the Advanced Controls for Microphone window that appears, look for a section labeled Other Controls and make sure that the option labeled Microphone Boost is selected
If you're slapping your forehead at this point, don't fret. Microsoft did a good job of burying that necessary option under many mouse clicks. People have actually sent in software bug reports for not knowing how to configure their microphones, so don't worry about it. :lol:

Anyway, enjoy your recording, and feel free to post here or PM me if you need any help! B)

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
Ok, I sent in mah clip 8D!

Do I sound funny :D?

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Sent my clip in as well. Hopefully I didn't mumble and you can understand me. I'm starting to go through the beginning stages of a cold, so my voice prolly sounds weird. :P

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

I'm starting to go through the beginning stages of a cold, so my voice prolly sounds weird. :P

Oh god it's a curse! It's like at least one person is going to be sick on every show. Hurry everybody, take a hearty swig of Nyquil just to be safe!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Oh god it's a curse! It's like at least one person is going to be sick on every show. Hurry everybody, take a hearty swig of Nyquil just to be safe!

Too late D8! I got one awhile ago. That's another reason why my recording makes my voice a little more nasally and deeper.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
NNR07, where did you send the voice clip to because we have not got it? o.o?

We have got Submas's and Yami's though and they were fine so that's all good. ^^

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
I sent my clip in yesterday. Wait...am I supposed to tell you guys here? o.O

--Edit--
Evidently you already know this.....

---DiGi EDiT---
*nods* yuhuh :P

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

NNR07, where did you send the voice clip to because we have not got it? o.o?

We have got Submas's and Yami's though and they were fine so that's all good. ^^

o.o;; . Strange. it says it was sent to subs@nightsintodreams.com. Word-for-word. I sent a link in there for it.

I got a megaupload link if you want me to PM it to you. Or I could try e-mailing it to you again.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Go for whichever one you want. I'll reply and let you know when we've finally got it. ^^

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Go for whichever one you want. I'll reply and let you know when we've finally got it. ^^

Ok :3.

I'll go and PM you it :3.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I asked my pal Kurosen if he wants to record with me, he's got some opinions to share.. but currently finalizing my solo track just in case

(Just wanted to put in my status update)

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Composing/Writing/Getting Inspired by/Listening AND Criticising music, drawing, reading, comics, cartoon, playing video ga... You get the idea.
Just a Question- When do the Clips have to be in? Im just curious, as i'd rather do it when no-one else is in the House to Distract me...

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Status update:

I was wrong about not being home over the weekend, so I'll have my clip in tomorrow.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Don't quote me on it, but I THINK you have almost 2 weeks. I'm not sure though, so I guess to those of you who were picked and haven't done it yet, get them done as soon as you can without it being too rushed.

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Don't quote me on it, but I THINK you have almost 2 weeks.

Yes. DiGi said the same thing to me in a private message, which was three days ago at the time of this writing.

That doesn't mean that you should wait two weeks if you want to be in the show, however...

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Don't quote me on it, but I THINK you have almost 2 weeks. I'm not sure though, so I guess to those of you who were picked and haven't done it yet, get them done as soon as you can without it being too rushed.

That's fine. I can have it done by This Weekend.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
We just gave the two week notice as it gives people more time to get things together. You can leave it until the last minute if you want because judging by some of the stuff we have to do, it's looking a little doubtful that we'll have the show ready in the next two weeks anyway. We'll try our best though.

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Send everybody an e-mail when the show is finished and online.

I need to create a "How Loud Did You LOL" topic about my segment; not that I don't stand by my predictions (I'm being absolutely serious), but I know that at least some people are going to ROTFL for hours on end, and they'll need an outlet here. ^_^

But don't you DARE give out any spoilers before then, DiGi! ^_^

Edit: Or TRiPPY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users