Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Release Dates Confirmed

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I pre-prdered JoD, as well. BUT-! I also traded in Super Monkey Ball and LoZ: TP for credits! That means I only have to go to Gamestop, pay 'em $10, grab my copy of NiGHTS, and go home! >D

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
Ok now I'm confused. X_X
I already thought it was being released in December... wth.
(I thought its release date was in December but then you guys said the release date was push back ect. ect.)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Ok now I'm confused. X_X
I already thought it was being released in December... wth.
(I thought its release date was in December but then you guys said the release date was push back ect. ect.)

It was orginally October, then it became Novermer, and now its December. Hope that helps with the confusion.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
And with December...

Christmas NiGHTS JoD?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

And with December...
Christmas NiGHTS JoD?

Christmas is already built into the game. It becomes Christmas NiGHTS thanks to Forcast Channel. I'd really like to see them take the concepts present in Christmas NiGHTS even further this time. Maybe give Reala some festive clothes.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

And with December...
Christmas NiGHTS JoD?

Ugh. Don't get me wrong, the original Christmas NiGHTS is awesome (although I haven't played it yet), but I think repeating an idea like this just wouldn't fit well with me. It would show that Sega lacks the originality to create something from the ground up, especially for a new game.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
If Sega's smart, they'll use the internal clock instead of the Forecast Channel. Not everyone who owns a Wii has the wireless high-speed to go with it. (include me! >_<)

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

If Sega's smart, they'll use the internal clock instead of the Forecast Channel. Not everyone who owns a Wii has the wireless high-speed to go with it. (include me! >_<)

They ought to use both, just in case such a problem arises.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I was just browsing about online there a second ago, and noticed that

HMV.co.uk have JoD down for 9th of November in the Uk.
Amazon have JoD down for 21st of December.
And IGN have it as the 23d of November.

I don't know when all these dates were put up though. But they're all a little precise, aren't they ?.
Now don't get me wrong, I have every faith in our resident NiNJAS. It's still just a little confusing.

I wish Sega would just hurry up and say something.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

I was just browsing about online there a second ago, and noticed that

HMV.co.uk have JoD down for 9th of November in the Uk.
Amazon have JoD down for 21st of December.
And IGN have it as the 23d of November.

I don't know when all these dates were put up though. But they're all a little precise, aren't they ?.
Now don't get me wrong, I have every faith in our resident NiNJAS. It's still just a little confusing.

I wish Sega would just hurry up and say something.

Of course you have to consider are they selling the NTSC or the PAL version? NTSC gets released this year (November/December most likely) and PAL is getting released in Q1 2008 (probably thanks to translations).

Oh the joys of delays in Europe, right? Take Super Smash Bros. Brawl for example. Europe release is 2008. America release is December 3rd 2007. Mwahaha to the fact I have an American Wii and pre-order.

Same goes for NiGHTS. But we've confirmed it with SEGA (not just silly people who work the desk, I mean important people), so no worries, it shouldn't be changing again. And for the record I'd trust our sources at SEGA more than gamestores (which are reknowned for fake releasedates).

Martijngamer

Martijngamer

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:My lovely fiance Tawny (known here as Niraven)
Although I find it -not in a good way- interesting how three big sources like that all have a different date while there has been an official date, I know what's going on here.

When we got back from Leipzig, the SEGA press kit and the Nintendo press kit gave two different releasedates for the game, one being Nov. 23rd (IGN). That's when I called SEGA, and learned that the game was being delay to Q1 2008. Those sources have the old, before the delay official, date up and apparantly know nothing of the delay. It hasn't been announced -nor has the releasedate really- so you can't blame them for not knowing, but that's the story.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
Uhh... Martijngamer? Are you sure that putting your picture with Niraven up there is a good idea? I thought you guys were supposed to be undercover or something. [/off-topic]

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Uhh... Martijngamer? Are you sure that putting your picture with Niraven up there is a good idea? I thought you guys were supposed to be undercover or something. [/off-topic]

They are NiNJAS, they can do what they want. :ph34r:

Martijngamer

Martijngamer

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

They are NiNJAS, they can do what they want. :ph34r:

There is someone that understands NiNJA business ^_^

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

There is someone that understands NiNJA business :ph34r:

*last off-topic post* You see? If you look closely, I have a ponytail as a NiNJA and in my quiet (yeah right) life I wear my hair down. SEGA could never make the connection because all their characters look virtually the same since they were born. >_> Love you SEGA.

In on-topic news, I checked the SEGA press site again today and NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is still yet to be confirmed on a precise date. I think the gamestores making up dates might have confused SEGA. Stop slowing them down GameStop, they're only human!!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeh, i noticed the release date on Amazon a while ago and it's not changed. The fact that all those dates at those stores are all different means it's just the stores taking random guesses on it, or were told an 'estimated date'. The only solid date given by Sega so far has been the Japanese one, which is the 13th December, right?
Does that count for the American release too then?

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests

I pre-prdered JoD, as well. BUT-! I also traded in Super Monkey Ball and LoZ: TP for credits! That means I only have to go to Gamestop, pay 'em $10, grab my copy of NiGHTS, and go home! >D

You traded Twilight Princess! Are you MAD?!

BTW release dates are always later in Europe because of all the language translation. The text in the game has to be translated into 5 or 6 different languages so it takes a while longer. Sucks, but what are we gonna do?

Martijngamer

Martijngamer

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Does that count for the American release too then?

Nope. Not perse.
According to NoA, it's just fall 2007.
Although I do not know, I have a feeling it won't make that though, with a Japanese release that late.
Eventhough it's developed in America, SEGA remains a Japanese company that will probably release the game in Japan first.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Just got an email from Gamestop.
Old Release Date - 11/13/2007
New Release Date - 12/18/2007
Another date. Whoo?

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Another date. Whoo?

Yay!!!! ^_^ December 18th I can't wait!!!!

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
^_^ Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE(^_^ Go Dreamer @ Sep 27 2007, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay!!!! ^_^ December 18th I can't wait!!!![/quote]

Yay!!! XD I know what I'M getting for Christmas! LoL!

Or rather...

ChristmaHannuhKwanzaaKa XD woo!

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests

Another date. Whoo?

That's in the USA though right? So I'm still gonna have to wait? Boo!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

You traded Twilight Princess! Are you MAD?!

*waves hand dismissively* Tch, don't get me wrong, but Zelda doesn't appeal to me for some reason. It's not my kinda RPG. (That, and I suck at all those damn puzzles. D<)

December 18th? I can wait. @@ I must wait...Must not..Kill Sega for making..Me wait..

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

<< >> I think it's stupid that there's a release date difference. Besides, Europe, this means if there's a ZOMG FATAL BUG with our games you guys might be able to get a fix. You luckies. xD; . I'm not gonna be happy if Europe gets it first. Not happy if US gets it first. Not happy if Japan gets it. I don't think there's any reason the US, Japan, or Europe should get it before any other country does, but SEGA has a financial chart like they always do, and that's basically what it is >>...

I'm not convinced that this is because of financial reasons. Releasing a game in the first quarter of the year instead of the fourth quarter of the previous year is a poor strategy in any market.

The delay might have something to do with the technical differences between European and Japanese/American television formats. Japan and America use NTSC, which runs at 59.94 Hz (or 29.97 full frames per second) with 486 scanlines visible out of 525. Europe uses PAL, which runs at 50 Hz (or 25 full frames per second) with 576 scanlines visible out of 625. Although this is a programming problem that should have been solved a long time ago, it's possible that adapting the game for PAL televisions is the reason for the delay in Europe.

Here is a video that shows what happens when a developer doesn't correct for the differences between PAL and NTSC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0llsb77Esc

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net

That's in the USA though right? So I'm still gonna have to wait? Boo!

Correct, USA.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Christmas is already built into the game. It becomes Christmas NiGHTS thanks to Forcast Channel. I'd really like to see them take the concepts present in Christmas NiGHTS even further this time. Maybe give Reala some festive clothes.

*gasp* Yay another Christmas NiGHTS For JOD thanks to the forcast channel!!!! ^_^ That sounds great! ^_^ I can't wait till December!

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
:P Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE(^_^ Go Dreamer @ Sep 27 2007, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*gasp* Yay another Christmas NiGHTS For JOD thanks to the forcast channel!!!! :D That sounds great! ^_^ I can't wait till December![/quote]
Too bad you won't be able to set Christmas for the Forecast Channel, unless.....
If it operates on an internal clock, then it is possible you could simply change the date.....

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Uwaaahhh, December 18 now? That figures - and I just got the week of the 13th booked off and approved today! XD;;; Maybe I should change it anyway... because dagnabbit, when that game's released, I can't be bothered with WORK to distract me!

(Though I'm having a heckuvva time explaining why I want this time off to bankers... :P; Not many gamers amongst our ilk!)

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Hm. Probably means Australia'll get it with Europe D: Bloody NAL, we get everything late! >.<

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Too bad you won't be able to set Christmas for the Forecast Channel, unless.....
If it operates on an internal clock, then it is possible you could simply change the date.....

Really? aww darn it. I hope it can operate on the internal clock also! ^_^

I just hope they don't push the date back anymore than it already is! T_T;

petebrolly

petebrolly

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey guys, im living in Europe and was thinking of getting a wii, so im gonna get a US Wii so I can get this before Christmas :D I'm going to order it with PLay-asia with courier delivery (it says 1-4 days), do you think I would see it before christmas, what with Christmas post and all that? ;)

speechjon

speechjon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Wii would like to play.
NiGHTS: journey of dreams for wii will be released in December 2007 in the United States.

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests

Hey guys, im living in Europe and was thinking of getting a wii, so im gonna get a US Wii so I can get this before Christmas :P I'm going to order it with PLay-asia with courier delivery (it says 1-4 days), do you think I would see it before christmas, what with Christmas post and all that? ^_^

Maybe not with all the postal strikes and that. I think you might be better getting a pal wii. What if NiGHTS comes out on VC? Can you still access the US shop channel from the UK?

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
I just cant wait to pre-order it. *Licks lips*

petebrolly

petebrolly

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Maybe not with all the postal strikes and that. I think you might be better getting a pal wii. What if NiGHTS comes out on VC? Can you still access the US shop channel from the UK?

Yep already checked all that out, VC is fine and the postal strikes will be well over by the time NiGHTS comes out, plus Ive ordered it already with courier delivery so it should get there in time! Hopefully, I really need this game for Christmas! :lol:

Also, I'm in Germany, orginally from Ireland and order all my games online anyway pretty much as i don't want to me play them in german, so it makes sense to get em from US if i can get them earlier :ph34r:

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I wonder what kind of preorder goodies there might be... *slobbers*

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
Dont forget go sign that petition for NiGHTS on vc at the index

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I picked up copy of this months GAMEStm, and noticed this little mention on the top of one of thier pages. The NiNJA's made press !

DELAYED - NiGHTS : JOURNEY OF DREAMS

At the time of writing, we've heard a nasty rumour that NiGHTS has been pushed back to next year. Our contact at Sega is on holiday though, so we can't confirm it. If we're wrong, we'll let you know next issue.

Martijngamer

Martijngamer

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
:P B) B)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Ho ho hoo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users