Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic Rush Adventure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
Sonic Rush is widely agreed to be one of the best Sonic games of recent times thanks to it’s focus on speed, lack of playable characters and fantastic soundtrack. When I heard about Sonic Rush Adventure and the touch screen sailing shenanigans it was to employ I got rather worried. Well I managed to get the game on Wednesday and am 4 levels and some bonus missions in and I’m having a great time! The first thing to surprise me was a proper 3D cut scene. They are few and far between but the fact that they are there at all astounded me. The music probably isn’t as god as a the last game but the game play is. There seems to be less cheap pit deaths but I fully expect them to become more frequent in later levels.

The thing that’s surprised me the most is that the boating bits with the touch screen aren’t that bad. In fact I’m having great fun just sailing around the place looking for secret island or races against ’Johnny’. You’re forced to sail very little… only really to reach new places to progress the plot but you can explore as much as you like.

I’m nowhere near having the game beat but already I can’t wait for another blast through.

Any of you guys got it?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Naganuma music is what made me buy the last game, without it I don't know. The gameplay wasn't good enough to hold its own in Rush. I might have to get this if I ever see it at bargain price.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
yeah, I'd have to agree with Alex. (We've talked about this before :P) The music was astounding- without it, its gonna be... funky. However, the first Rush was amazing. I don't have it, but Loren does. I was falling down holes for a good while, getting used to the two screens. Heh heh..

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I don't have it yet (it's not released stateside), but I probably will in the future. I kind of agree a bit with Louis and Purg on the original. While the handheld titles are excellent and easily the best Sonics out now, I always thought it was problematic how speed was so emphasized that platforming was at times nonexistent. I could occasionally hold nothing but right on the D-pad and still make it through a level in one piece. Sonic Rush didn't have this problem quite so much since the trick system broke up the running a bit, but still...

I still think the best portable title to date is Sonic Advance 3. That game had both great platforming and speed sections and it knew exactly how to balance the two. I'd say it's actually on par with the Genesis games.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Wow I am stupid. I didn't even know it was out. However, I probably won't buy it until its $20 like I did with the first Sonic Rush games. In fact I rarely buy games right when they come out. I am still getting NiGHTS, and hopefully one day Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. So everything is going to have to wait. (Gosh am I the only person who thrift shops with games? I didn't even get KH2 until it was $20.)

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Wait, you mean it's out already? Woah, where have I been?

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
It came out in the UK on Friday but I managed to nab a copy on Wednesday a teensy few days early. I'm half way through and it's really entertaining me. I know what you all mean about the music and being honest it’s not as good in this game but the game play is better. No longer can you hurtle into bottomless pits with frightening ease and the trick system and level layout is vastly improved. There are several routs through the level usually attained by using the tricks.

I love the Boost system and how you can run through enemies. They aren’t placed so cheaply which was my main point of frustration with the Advance games. You were almost afraid to run fast for fear of tripping over enemies or being guided into spikes. As long as your doing tricks often and boosting you’re more or less safe.

The bosses are better than the first game and the story isn’t too bad either. There are a handful of proper 3D cut scenes dotted about the place too, I was amazed. Plus the boating bit isn’t frustrating, whatever craft you happen to be using.

It's about 10x better than Sonic for 360/PS3

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
I'll have to wait for this one. My only money's tied up in Smash Bros and NiGHTS. Even now I have to sell some games just to afford the two.

Now that I see the boating levels aren't just going forward and dodging rocks (Like the special stages in the first) I'm a lot more interested. Plus, I want to know how Blaze got back. Seems rather cheap they could just say "Hey, she's here now, magic!" so I'm hoping it's a good reason. I also like boat upgrading. I like that sort of stuff.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Well no wonder I haven't seen the game, it only just came out today! It seems Europe got it first, and today is America and a month latet is Japan. Wow...that is really weird. I don't see that happen too often. Lucky you guys I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users