Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Night Terrors

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
I don't think there's another topic for this :blink:; If there is, sorry lol.

Anyhoo, this is just something I was wondering while at work the other day.

I was thinking about my dreamcatcher, and how it doesn't filter nightmares. But mum says I used to have these really bad nightmares. Night terrors. Apparently I haven't had them since getting the dreamcatcher, so I figure it only filters the worst dreams.

Yeah, I do believe that dreamcatchers work. Even if it's only a mental reassurance.

But yeah, I'm just curious if anyone else has or used to have night terrors. The type of nightmare that you can't wake up from, no matter how hard you try. And that no one else can wake you from. You have to ride them to the end. You know what I mean?

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I used to have frequent ones when I was little, but I'm fine now.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oof, is that like a lucid nightmare? Like, you know it's a dream and instead of doing things you like, bad things keep happening to you? I really can't say if I've had that..

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

Oof, is that like a lucid nightmare? Like, you know it's a dream and instead of doing things you like, bad things keep happening to you? I really can't say if I've had that..

Night terrors are non-dreams. They occur at the deepest levels of sleep so there isn't really any dreaming involved. Rather, it's just a sensation of fear and anxiety while unconcious.

I personally have only had a handfull of night terrors. I may have one every few years.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I use to have the really bad dreams you cant wake from. I would be having a bad nightmare, then i dream i woke up just to still be in another nightmare and so on.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Night terrors are non-dreams. They occur at the deepest levels of sleep so there isn't really any dreaming involved. Rather, it's just a sensation of fear and anxiety while unconcious.

I personally have only had a handfull of night terrors. I may have one every few years.

Oh.. hm..

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I used to have one everytime I fell asleep on this one CD I made. It's all so very odd.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I've had 'em before, nasty things..I still get one or two every few months or so. xX I have a dream catcher, but it doesn't seem to be working so well. D=

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
Hm... I've read up on night terrors, but I've never had any myself, thank God. I've only had some real terrible nightmares... but I luckily have a knack for escaping from them, albeit mostly through luck!
Supposedly, night terrors can also cause you to only wake up "halfway"-- where you're conscious but can't move, and other related nasty situations. I can't imagine what that would be like! ^_^ Has anyone experienced that?

Oh... and while we're at it, dreamcatchers never worked for me, either. Maybe our Maren friends have ways of getting by precautions like that, you never know...!

Sonya L.S.

Sonya L.S.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Sonic the hedgehog, NiGHTS, Crash Bandicoot (old games), Sega Dreamcast console, drawing, music-composing, character design, writing story concepts
I had those when I was younger. In that dreams, three human-like monsters was always killing my mother and wanted to do the same to me, and I couldn't wake up until I reach the highest spot in a dream (a tall tower surrounded with spiral staircases). I could hardly reach it, coz that monsters were too quick x_x I was running, and running, and running, always leaving a dream in the last moment. Thanks God, I never see those nowadays :D

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

I had those when I was younger. In that dreams, three human-like monsters was always killing my mother and wanted to do the same to me, and I couldn't wake up until I reach the highest spot in a dream (a tall tower surrounded with spiral staircases). I could hardly reach it, coz that monsters were too quick x_x I was running, and running, and running, always leaving a dream in the last moment. Thanks God, I never see those nowadays :D

That sounds a little more like a nightmare. If it was a night terror, you shouldn't even be able to remember it. But hey, I'm no expert so who knows.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
I used to have bad dreams all the time. I got so desperate that I had to do a prayer every night to rid myself of them. It actually worked too, much like a dreamcatcher.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Its funny. You guys wish you could get rid of bad dreams, but I would love to have them. Its not that I am demented or anything, its just that I don't remember near any of my dreams, and nightmares seem to be pretty memorable.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
I've had only one before, and it'll hopefully be a feeling I never relive.

Foofums

Foofums

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, video games, food, dreaming, food, food
Mmm... I only have them when I have to sleep in complete darkness/silence. Any nightmares that follow usually have me choking and not being able to see, or I just don't fall asleep at all, I just keep my eyes shut. I'm really afraid of the dark.

Hope that was relevant.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I never had night terrors, but apparently my brother used to. He doesn't anymore tho. ^^

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I use to have bad nightmares frequently when I was little! Now I dream alot, but once in a blue moon I get a nightmare. ^_^

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Im not sure if it was a Night terror,but I had a nightmare when I fell off the second story of a Gameworks (a huuuuge arcade) and it was dark and Industrial looking,in my Dream and in real life. Ever since then I have been afraid of heights. But I got a dream catcher like 2-3 years ago and I havent had a Nightmare since. :)

Koji_Tsunami

Koji_Tsunami

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I can only think of two or three Nightmares I've ever had.
Sure, there're dreams where bad stuff happens, but I've never been actually scared by it since I was like, nine.

Night Terrors, I haven't had since age two.

Sako

Sako

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Mario, Pokemon, Smash Bros, DDR, Taiko, Guitar Hero, Time Crisis, Sonic, Digimon,Family Guy,PPG(Z), Octopaw, DBZ, Zelda, Naruto, Mr.Driller, Queen Bella, etc.<br /><br />Friend Codes:<br /><br /> Pkmn Diamond FC: Hikari- 0344-5949-5425 PM for battle<br /> Pkmn Pearl FC: Demyx- 5240-8736-1856 Storage<br /> PBR FC:<br /> Digimon World Dusk FC: Erika- 2062-7194-8324 600+ stats<br /> N: JoD FC: Sako- 4596-8118-1534 Love to visit My Dreams<br />
I get them usually monthly, or bi-weekly. BTW, I thought this topic was abouy a Soul Calibur 3 character.

d3vilcat

d3vilcat

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Mmmmmmmm; Night terrors *snore*

Mythic

Mythic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy critters, comics and animation, retro things, videogames, the 80's
I've only been able to remember one night terror. I experienced it when I was in, like, second grade and it was freaky :)!

IDontKnow

IDontKnow

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I've usually been so tired, I haven't gotten any as of late.
I had them a lot before the fall semester began for my college... no good at all. I really think it's the person since I've had dreamcatchers and they have done nothing for me (mostly because I don't believe in that sort of thing I think).

Phantom Rin

Phantom Rin

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
I just wish I could have nightmares in general as I never remembered getting any. A lot of weird and odd dreams but, nothing that scared me. Probably because I'm hard to scare in real life and don't worry about things much. Not even when I was younger or else it would've probably stuck to my mind.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Yes... But I've adjusted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users