Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Japanese JoD site is up!

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Oh don't give me the idea to... >.>
(I never tried making a music video but my talents could be endless... perhaps I should try...)

It would be cool to use a nice slow song like Stairway to Heaven, but thats waaaaayyy to long a video. But still, a slow song would be nice.

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
Thank you Icachan for finding the awesome website and thank you Jof for the lovely music download! ^-^

b_boult

b_boult

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
What's the deal with the release date then? Still Winter 2007 for Japan? An old video?

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^

What's the deal with the release date then? Still Winter 2007 for Japan? An old video?

I recon it's just and old video. The news that they changed the date is quite recent and I don't believe they would be bothered to change the video xD

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Thank you Ayamemaiden for the pics! I really like NiGHTS' pose in the Will pic, it makes him/her look cute.

The treasure chest... I wonder what's inside? It must be important since Niraven mentioned one being in the intro.

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

And ...the six notes! THEYRE IN!

Oh yes. <3 This is awesome.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Holy crap...Everything about that site is beautiful. ;w;

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
DAMNIT I HATE HAVING A BROKEN COMPUTER.
*cough*
Everything I could have said has already been said..The NiD Vid with Dreams Dreams did make me cry though.. from joy that after 11 YEARS we get our sequel..and it's looking beautiful.
God I wish I could Dl the music..but nooooo this is a PUBLIC computer. Ah, looks like I just get to keep the website open so it loops forever and ever and ever..

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Thank you Ayamemaiden for the pics! I really like NiGHTS' pose in the Will pic, it makes him/her look cute.

The treasure chest... I wonder what's inside? It must be important since Niraven mentioned one being in the intro.

You are very much welcome. :P

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
It doesn't seem fair to TRiPPY and DiGi.. it's almost a given that if/when they're offline, something happens that makes the whole NiGHTS fanbase EXPLODE WITH HAPPY. XD Really, I want to see/hear TRiPPY's reaction to the orchestral mix!

And talking of which.. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS FIND THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR SHARING!! I'm with Yami, when I go bananas over NiGHTS, most people think about putting me away! LOL This site is beautiful all over, and the video gave me such a warm feeling! Sega's showing us that they haven't forgotten the original, and between you and me, that's very reassuring!

The fact that everything about this game makes me squee with joy only adds to it... I never thought I'd say this, but I hope winter hurries up and gets here!!

*hunts for wallpaper and prepares to loop the new theme for 5 days solid* 8D

NiGHTS giving Will a high five... I think it's adorable! :P

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

It doesn't seem fair to TRiPPY and DiGi.. it's almost a given that if/when they're offline, something happens that makes the whole NiGHTS fanbase EXPLODE WITH HAPPY.

I seriously wonder if someone very high up at SEGA keeps DOS-ing them? :P

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

I seriously wonder if someone very high up at SEGA keeps DOS-ing them? :angry:

LOL prolly so.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I just can't stop watching the trailer! and the new theme mix is great!

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Thought I'd mention, under the main Gallery (gya-ra-ri) menu, the fourth option listed as "Coming Soon" translates as Sound. Could there be more music they're willing to show off soon? Or clips of voices? I can't wait! :D

And Deep Loner, I wouldn't be surprised... :angry:;

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
very pretty music.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Thought I'd mention, under the main Gallery (gya-ra-ri) menu, the fourth option listed as "Coming Soon" translates as Sound. Could there be more music they're willing to show off soon? Or clips of voices? I can't wait! :D

I wonder how similar the music will be compared to the original.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
maybe i'm crazy, but i very much dislike how shiny NiGHTS is. please don't kill me. the shiny-ness makes it look like his clothes are made out of the crappy plastic-y material which i absolutely HATE!!! HATE HATE HATE!!! so i'm glad he's not as shiny in the actual game :angry:.

hmm, haven't been doing much on the forum, i think i'll upload the latest and greatest of my NiGHTS stuff now.

edit-or maybe my father will get mad at me for staying up late... i'll try tomorrow.

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Hey! Don't look at me! :D

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Ack, I didn't mean it like that! Gomen gomen! :angry:;; That face be for that high-ranking Sega official giving our webmasters so much grief..

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

maybe i'm crazy, but i very much dislike how shiny NiGHTS is. please don't kill me. the shiny-ness makes it look like his clothes are made out of the crappy plastic-y material which i absolutely HATE!!! HATE HATE HATE!!! so i'm glad he's not as shiny in the actual game :D.

hmm, haven't been doing much on the forum, i think i'll upload the latest and greatest of my NiGHTS stuff now.

edit-or maybe my father will get mad at me for staying up late... i'll try tomorrow.

It's okay we don't hate you. Your opinion is your opinion. Besides I did see it as pretty shiny but it's only a website and I'm just happy they FINALLY have one :angry:

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

maybe i'm crazy, but i very much dislike how shiny NiGHTS is. please don't kill me. the shiny-ness makes it look like his clothes are made out of the crappy plastic-y material which i absolutely HATE!!! HATE HATE HATE!!! so i'm glad he's not as shiny in the actual game :angry:.

Maybe his boots, collar, jacket, and cuffs are made of STEEL!!!

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

What, he's gonna be canopener NiGHTS?

Ealynn

Ealynn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:I'm a freelance comic book artist and animator with a passion for storytelling. I love myths and legends and have a fondness of old animated children's tv shows and retro & indie games.
*argh...* can't - get - the - picture - out - of - my - head!!!

Guest_Katana_*

Guest_Katana_*
  • Guests
music is nice. i wait for more music. thank you.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Like i said. CURSED. Maybe if i stay offline for a month you guys will get the entire game sent to your inboxes with a free holiday in spain and a personal smoothie maker.

It wasn't PC probs this time, just the fact that builders were tearing our house apart for 2 days and had to lift up all my floorboards. we were planning on sleeping in the bathtub >_>

On the music! I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed so bad! I've always went on about how much i loved the track 1 orchestral score from the original and now theres a 'remix' of sorts, it makes me incredibly happy. I didn't get much time to listen to it yesterday, but I'm shoving jofs file onto my Mp3 player and will put it on repeat until i've killed it or my batteries run out : D

*typing at a desk is so weird*

The website is beautiful! I'm so so so happy that Sega have finally given NiGHTS an official website to be proud of.

And sparkles.

YES.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

well, i was thinking of the plastic stuff because light reflects off of it differently than metal.

anyways, i missed out on the music yesterday(curse you computer, curse you...) but my comp. was gracious today, and i completely agree with how nicely great and wonderful it is.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.

Like i said. CURSED. Maybe if i stay offline for a month you guys will get the entire game sent to your inboxes with a free holiday in spain and a personal smoothie maker.

....!!!

Sorry about this. *cuts internet wire*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'd personaly do it for the smoothie maker.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
..especially if it crushed ice.

And OH GOD I'm an idiot, I totally didn't see the trailer on my first visit to the site D: Damn it looks a lot more polished now, I might even be getting a bit excited about it! <.<

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?

Oooh smoothies...

Y'know, the first thing that came to mid when you said that was a quote from the PiD, by Roger:
"He promised me women, money, and a new dirtbike. BIKE!"
Maybe SEGA will send us dirtbikes...
XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Oooh smoothies...

Y'know, the first thing that came to mid when you said that was a quote from the PiD, by Roger:
"He promised me women, money, and a new dirtbike. BIKE!"
Maybe SEGA will send us dirtbikes...
XD

Vroom vroom

CRASH!!!

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
ROTFL @ Kraken - yes, them smoothies are worth it! ^_^

As a point of interest, I went and hunted down some kanji and such, and started translating some of the main menu options. I'm just working on the last one on the main page, but I'll share what I've got so far. If anyone else is interested, let's translate the heck outta this site! :3

NiGHTS: JOD Main - (left to right)

Top row:
1. Top Page - toppu peiji
2. Story - MONOGATARI
3. Character - kyarakutaa
4. Gallery - gyararii

Bottom Row:
1. Notice - oSHIrase
2. Game Introduction - gemu SHOUKAI
3. Stage Introduction - sute~ji SHOUKAI
4. Today's 1 ____ - KONNICHI no 1 (?)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
That is brilliant Kori. As of right now it isn't much, but I will be so happy if you can translate the character page when it comes up. The American page usually misses stuff and doesn't translate things well. (Example: Blaze being called a Queen when her actual title mean Imperial Princess.) So that will be great. I won't to know what the Japanese say about NiGHTS and Reala.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

That is brilliant Kori. As of right now it isn't much, but I will be so happy if you can translate the character page when it comes up. The American page usually misses stuff and doesn't translate things well. (Example: Blaze being called a Queen when her actual title mean Imperial Princess.) So that will be great. I won't to know what the Japanese say about NiGHTS and Reala.

Maybe we should also try to translate the Japanese trailer.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
This makes me want the game even more!!!!! SPARKLY WEBSITE!!!! =3 *drools* I'm glad they went with the old theme, well.....the basic idea....WHOO!!

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
I just notised when NiGHTS gets hit by Phuckle he blows up, like *&^%$!*
Also, I saw NiGHTS go through something circular when he was going through some hoops. Link Ball? Dash Ball?
Edit: p-o-o-f = &^%$ ? Weird.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Yeah this is totally awesome.

And one can only hope for that trip to Spain....

I'm also glad to have that track. Who knows, they may have a different variation on the final ost. Prolly not, but its good to have early anyway. I love that page (and love having a decent knowledge of katakana =p).

ADD: Also on the note of sound tracks, there is a sound (saondo) page in gallery that is "comming soon."

/waits

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Ah, I'm really rough at this! I can't find that last kanji character for the main menu.. oh well, I gave that a break and worked on the text which shows briefly as you enter the page, just before the FMV screens flash by. It's not much, but it adds to the overall effect, I think. :3

Roughly translated to English, it goes a bit like this:

Do you know, even now?
There is a world of dreams
It really does exist...

Funny.. the more I sift through kanji, the more I like it. Each character is more of a symbol instead of a sound, and what the kanji symbolizes here is almost magical! :lol:

Of course, that could be the music.... LOL

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I hope Sonic Team will update the site sometime this month. Again, the Tokyo Game Show would be a good opportunity. Ugh, we'll have to wait a few weeks though. T_T

PS: On the Gallery/Movie section, what does the kanji next to the trailer translate too?

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
The new theme is cute. The big orchestral sound is really cinematic, reminds me of Disney which I think will fit this game nicely.

Dreams Dreams is still a terrible song though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users