Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Japanese JoD site is up!

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Music! Video! Sparkles!

Go there noooooow~ Japanese Journey of Dreams Site

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Now THATS what I'm talking about!!

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Yes ! Thank you Ichachan ! I was nearly having a panic attack!

Lots of lovely new stuff. OMG NEW THEME. aaaah. It's lovely !

New Screens ! Televisions in Sand Desert !

New Video ! Lots more Rings and items in the stages !

AHHH

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oh wow. This ....Thankyou!! *huggles tightly* Teehee, this site makes my cursor look magical <3

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Why is NiGHTS bellow the head all Sonic Heroes shiny on the main page?

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
*dies of the pretty* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH! *already has the wallpaper as background*

...why do things like this always happen when TRiPPY's offline?

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Posted Image

At the very bottom you can see the concept art of the Hub Gateway of Dreams area. And to the right is some more concept art of either the Mystic Forest -esque stage, or Alps Chase.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Hearing the sounds and music that are both similar to the Saturn ones brought back much nostalgia. This is probably the first time the sequel's really touched me like that.... 8DDDDDD!

THANK YOU *HUG*!

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
This should be a steady source of news looking at the layout. The Sonic 06 one was (and this game looks just as good! god the trailer was terrible)

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
: D

The theme, ripped in mp3. For all you lovely boardies.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4LWZE279

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Thankies Jof 8D!

Edit: *listening to it now* I'm positive we can say we'll love the music for JoD 8D!

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

The Sonic 06 one was (and this game looks just as good! god the trailer was terrible)

Please don't do that.

Anyway, what a "site" for sore eyes. Stupid pun aside, I'm liking the trailer. At least it's a far better representation of the game than the "Disney" trailer was. Ugh. The flashback montage with the Saturn footage was a nice touch too. Also, did anyone notice NiGHTS was flying around on a 3D plane rather than a 2D one? It must be like how it was in the clock section of Splash Garden.

Analyzing the screenshots a little more, I noticed the water columns have a rippling water effects now which I haven't seen in earlier media (which must've been hard to see anyway given the video quality). The graphics for the beach level still seems to be in need of improvement though. Hopefully it will be polished up for the next batch of screenshots. Also, the desert screenshots have monitors now. Hopefully we'll see them in action soon.

Also, seconding the sparkles! The BGM is beautiful too.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Marry me. We'll have a NiD-themed wedding :blink:

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I only got to look for a few seconds (Because Alanora has to check her email) but in that short few seconds, I turned cold and got goosebumps.. XD *Wants to look at the rest*
Oh Jof, you lovely mod. You can't marry Josse because you must marry me first.

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Josse ...you beat me to it, damn you. D<

JOF. YOU IS THE BESTEST FELLOW FAN EVVAR.

EDIT: Purg, we'll just have to have a mod/admin wedding. All of us. Like one big happy family.

Back on topic though, I'm really looking forward to when this site updates.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Oh Jof, you lovely mod. You can't marry Josse because you must marry me first.

You bet me to it, Purg D8! *GETS A RING*

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I hope they catch it soon! I sent DiGi an email about it, although I know they're offline. In case their mail gets checked first. XD

So.... wow... I got to look around the site some more and its awesome! I love that theme music. I'm so excited! I want to see updates! :blink:

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
OH. MY. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

*squees violently.

HOLY sh!t I LOVE THIS MUSIC. Sega I have fallen in love with you all over again.
And ...the six notes! THEYRE IN!

I just want to add that this is THE SEXIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I wonder who composed the music. That is no ordinary Sonic Team score. It's powerful, motion picture quality orchestra and it seems very professionally done, a stark contrast with recent Sonic Team music.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oh wow, the music sounds soo magical, Okay lame description XD But yea, really nice. Kinda has that Fantasia feeling to it, to me.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
OH GOD I DIDNT SEE THE VIDEO BEFORE!

Is that........is that a right angle ring I see? This game looks AMAZING in motion. Oh dear god my heart cant take too much of this.

is it ok if Im crying? Im literally crying Im so happy.
I cant stop listening this theme. I cant stop viewing the screenshots...Jesus Christ Sega why must you torture me?

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
... ;__; I am crying as I type and I dont even care.

*OPENLY WEEPS WITH JOY*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

... ;__; I am crying as I type and I dont even care.

*OPENLY WEEPS WITH JOY*

I concur.

I so completely concur.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I concur.

I so completely concur.

Thank you ;o; *cries on your shoulder*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
Sega really REALLY exceeded my expectations with this game so far. I wasnt expecting anything nearly to this quality level and the game isnt even finished yet. but already this is 100% true to the magic and nostalgia of NiGHTS. And that theme...Ive already listened to it on repeat 17 times. I think my roomate is getting sick of it :blink:

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films

Another thank you!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
f*!*ing AWESOME!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MUSIC!! LISTEN TO THE MUSIC!!!

The game is really coming along nicely. Glad there is a site now to. The graphics have been polished and you can really tell in the video. Hearing DREAMS DREAMS I hope it'll be in there :D

It's all just so beautiful.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
I absolutely adore that site! I clicked on it and it really looks lovely. Then the music started playing, aww I'm still listening to it now (about 5th repeat) it sounds great! I love the sparkly mouse pointer. I'm just sitting here playing with the sparkly pointer and listening to the theme. Ahh bliss.

I'm using the wallpaper too :3

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Heck yeah! So far, I have no complaints, and the only thing I'm reserving judgment on until later is the voice.

But they're keeping the same basic theme song, so yay! And Dreams Dreams is on the site - perhaps we'll get a remake? Still, the video is awesome, and there's another wallpaper. I cant wait for this game.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
Jeux France has the video on their site.

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21617_night...s-en-video.html

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
T__T I'm crying, not because the sites FINALLY up well that but, My Japanese is SOO rusty >.<

Ealynn

Ealynn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:I'm a freelance comic book artist and animator with a passion for storytelling. I love myths and legends and have a fondness of old animated children's tv shows and retro & indie games.
I love the music! The atmosphere, the sheer genius composing! The true feel of the old game is so spot on! It's playing on and on here on my comp now :D thanks so much for sharing!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

I love the music! The atmosphere, the sheer genius composing! The true feel of the old game is so spot on! It's playing on and on here on my comp now :D thanks so much for sharing!

Same. Ive had it on repeat all afternoon.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I agree with most of you. The track is very addictive. I've lost count of how many time's I've been listening to it. It's like a remix to the original theme :D

Oh yeah and did anyone else notice that when you put the cursor on an option a sound comes like if you were flying through a ring?

Ealynn

Ealynn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:I'm a freelance comic book artist and animator with a passion for storytelling. I love myths and legends and have a fondness of old animated children's tv shows and retro & indie games.
That's so sweet indeed :D I'm getting all nostalgic again.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Why Japan, why???? You lift me up with this awesome content, then bring me crashing down when I realize I have to wait till next year to get to it.

Have you no soul, Sega??? :D

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I'm slightly weary of posting in this topic after all the proposals : P

I adore that theme music. Am I right in saying that the composers for the original game came back for this sequal ? Or were they one of the ones that didn't ? Either way, they've captured the feel of the original splendidly.

I seriously want this game. This series is like the single thing that's kept me to gaming. I never play any video games nowadays apart from the odd couple.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I'm in love!!!! :D

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

I agree with most of you. The track is very addictive. I've lost count of how many time's I've been listening to it. It's like a remix to the original theme :D

Oh yeah and did anyone else notice that when you put the cursor on an option a sound comes like if you were flying through a ring?

Yes. I played around with that sound effect for 5 minutes too.
I am easily amused.

I'm slightly weary of posting in this topic after all the proposals : P

I adore that theme music. Am I right in saying that the composers for the original game came back for this sequal ? Or were they one of the ones that didn't ? Either way, they've captured the feel of the original splendidly.

I seriously want this game. This series is like the single thing that's kept me to gaming. I never play any video games nowadays apart from the odd couple.

Same art director, same composer.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I am addicted to this webpage

new theme ftw

(thanks for the rip, Jof)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users