Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Random JOD though of the day?

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I'll build upon that idea, Viper.
If JoD had the ability to input our names and birthday then not only would the Pians celebrate it but a giant cake would appear in the middle of My Dream, NiGHTS would burst out of the top wearing a very Marilyn Monroe Dress and perform "Happy Birthday" to you. If Happy Birthday can not be sung due to copyright then NiGHTS just does a strip tease!

Also, booty shaking.

....yeah! Thanks for the inspiration, Viper! :lol:

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.

Also, booty shaking

*dies*

I wish you could change NiGHTS color or costume...

I really do....

NiGHTS flying around in a Link outfit....

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Lol, booty shaking. Maybe in the next game. XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

If JoD had the ability to input our names and birthday then not only would the Pians celebrate it but a giant cake would appear in the middle of My Dream, NiGHTS would burst out of the top wearing a very Marilyn Monroe Dress and perform "Happy Birthday" to you. If Happy Birthday can not be sung due to copyright then NiGHTS just does a strip tease!

Also, booty shaking.

....yeah! Thanks for the inspiration, Viper! :blink:

Ha, anytime.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

If Happy Birthday can not be sung due to copyright then NiGHTS just does a strip tease!

Also, booty shaking.

Watch out, Dita Von Teese! Here comes NiGHTS, queen of the burlesque!

I must now draw NiGHTS in fancy lingerie with giant feather fans.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
So, I wonder, how there is a sheet music book for NiD, but none of this stuff exists for JoD? (I was so hoping to see a new plush of NiGHTS for JoD.) Does it emphasize the higher profile Sega held for the original? Did it have anything to do with fan reaction? The sad part is we'd all love to buy this stuff from Sega; either there still aren't enough of us to justify the cost of production, or it's just not a priority for them.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
^Yeah DiGi was talking about the same thing yesterday. Why no JoD merch like NiD? Though most of the merch from NiD was made in Japan. JoD was mostly SOA so that might explain lack of goods.

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

If JoD had the ability to input our names and birthday then not only would the Pians celebrate it but a giant cake would appear in the middle of My Dream, NiGHTS PUFFYwould burst out of the top wearing a very Marilyn Monroe Dress and perform "Happy Birthday" to you. If Happy Birthday can not be sung due to copyright then NiGHTS PUFFY just does a strip tease!

Also, booty shaking.

....yeah! Thanks for the inspiration, Viper! :lol:

Let the Nightmares ensue.

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
I'm sure this's been mentioned before, but...

Why, Reala? Why!? THE MANLIEST MAREN HE IS NO LONGER.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Ten, it's bat tights and feathers vs. pink and glitter. I don't know if Reala ever was manly. :)

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
He most certainly wasn't in JoD, anyway. XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I find it hilarious. Such a fantastic fall from grace. For over 10 years the Reala fangirls worshipped him like he was the badest thing on the block ...and JoD just turned him into a complete clown and all the fangirls went - "o.o oh"

XD

Ah, who cares. It's still Reala. Fangirls are still gonna chase his ass even if he's dressed in Henry 8th's Vintage Nightgown.

My JoD thought of the day ...and here's the punch line folks -
The reason Sonic Team decided to make another NiGHTS game was because we had been asking for one for 10 years, right? The reason we were asking for one is because we just LOVED the original and it played really well.

...so, with this in mind, knowing full well what we liked about the original and why we waited so long for another game, did they CHANGE the way the game plays? Why did we wait 10 years then?

Sonic Team. Mr. Iizuka. You're all nuts, mate. Let the fans make your game, we know NiGHTS better than you do obviously XD

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but when me and my dorm mates first saw Reala in JoD, we went absolutely nuts for him. We still are. XD <3

Anyway, JoD thought of the day, I want to make a cosplay for Queen Bella.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
In what scenario would Reala and NiGHTS meet that wouldn't end in a fight or the latter being captured?

I'm actually thinking the answer to that. First, insert Jackle. Then, let Jackle torment Reala... Yeah i like Jackle. XP (accidental lowercase i...meh) Meh. Actually, I'd like to know what would happen if Jackle was still around post-JoD (back from being...banished), Wizeman was 'asleep,' and the humanoid siblings actually met up. >:3 I'd like to think that Jackle would harass a Visitor or two, find out something interesting from the Waking World, and then bother everyone with whatever he found out. (...I'm thinking some kind of dance...)

Also, is Bellbridge more advanced than Twin Seeds? O_o

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
DiGi- Yes. Yes they would. And yet still lament the lack of his manliness. At least they kept his build the same... ...And now I'm going to look for a vintage nightgown to model a doodle on. -fist shake-

And DiGi? It's Sonic Team. They've... been... Eh. Downhill. >: It is sadtimes.

Kamui- I did until the PINK finally settled into my brain. And! Find a con somewhere between the pair of us and I will cosplay (a modified (aaaaughthepink, it is not manly)) Reala to your Bella and we will create much chaos. >D

Smash- Hm. o.o Totally possible if the scenario were there for it, I imagine. Also, after one of their fights in JoD, Reala and NiGHTS speak at least semi-civilly for a moment... Adding onto that, most of their dialogue is closer to banter or bickering than full-scale "Rah u dai nao". I wonder if they'd come to blows if Wizeman didn't order it and they simply ran into each other? o:

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Well..."Rah u dai nao" feels like it would only happen if (1) Wizeman ordered it (um...maybe, I haven't seen Reala kill NiGHTS and once you kill...well they say that reality comes crashing down) or if (2) Reala is pushed off the deep end by those he already doesn't like.

"I'll deliver your heads to Master Wizeman myself!" (Um...yeah. Pushed off the deep end, but still no idea if he'd actually kill NiGHTS. So far it seems that they've been trying to 're-educate' the rebel. Then again, this is coming from a JoD-only-been-played person.)

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Haha, it was an exaggeration more than anything. He seems more set on dragging NiGHTS kicking and screaming back to Wizeman than anything else, though. I don't imagine he'd actually decide to off NiGHTS, especially not since Wizeman also seems to want NiGHTS brought back to him. It's really more the level of aggression I was considering. Would it be there if they met purely on civil terms, no orders or anything?

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
A civil level... Well assuming beings like Jackle aren't around, I think the conversation between NiGHTS and Reala would either turn into a race or a fight. Nothing too serious aside from that and some banter between sibs.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I think Sonic Team was too afraid of people crying foul if JoD had the same Ideya Capture gameplay as the original. They had the mistaken idea that they needed to change the gameplay that drastically, completely ignoring the 'if it ain't broke' rule of thumb. I think there are many other ways of building on NiGHTS gameplay that haven't been explored.
But again, in the end it's not so much that they replaced the Captures with the Goodle/key mechanic, but that they eliminated the re-circuiting of the course. Now you no longer keep cycling around and around until time winds down, which severely limits the replayability of the main missions. You barely spend any time in the level now. Three short mare runs and you're done. WTF. We really do know the gameplay better than Iizuka.

And again, removing NiGHTS's air brake, the Ribbon.. good grief guys! How the hell does a sequel come out like this? It's not fair it's not fair.. we might never get another chance now.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Viper- The trick ribbon is still there...sort of. Try wiggling the Wiimote around.

Smash Queen- I think that Bellbridge is like London- it's modern, but there's enough pretty, older stuff left to make it still fairly traditional. Twin Seeds seems more like New York- it's known for being of the moment. Twin Seeds is probably the more advanced, but Bellbridge might just choose to more discreet about it. I do love the elevated train, though!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Viper- The trick ribbon is still there...sort of. Try wiggling the Wiimote around.

I know, and it doesn't count, lol. One aspect I liked in JoD is that now it does something for you to do tricks while linking. But there's no more fun trick combo ribbon. Mega boooo. Also wasn't NiGHTS supposed to have all his tricks from NiD? I could swear he only does a few tricks now.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Well, there's at least 2 tricks in each diagonal direction, so there's 8, and then if you move the analog stick in a circular direction when you initiate the trick, then there's a couple more: a cartwheel with NiGHTS's back facing you, or a back-flip. But that's only 10 and I think TRiPPY once said there's 12.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
My random thought of the day is, HOW THE HECK DO YOU BEAT THAT DANG CHAMELEON?!
It's so confusing....

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
The key is in the cards...You like...Follow them or something...From greatest to least I think.

Though I just paralooped like mad...And then one day...I paralooped once and got him...Instant A rank and 2.0

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

My random thought of the day is, HOW THE HECK DO YOU BEAT THAT DANG CHAMELEON?!
It's so confusing....

Lol, I was trying to figure that out too for forever. My friend got annoyed/hated Chameleon and she wasn't even playing the game. XD

What you do, is at the beginning of the fight, paraloop wherever you want to reveal Chameleon. When he runs, keep your eyes on his silhouette. If you eventually loose him, its alright. Just keep paralooping the area where you lost him. Dash in the opposite direction if you reveal a bomb but rush back when it explodes. You'll eventually catch him. :3

My random JoD thought, because of 'Drifting Donbalon', I have turned one of my male friends into a full-fledged NiGHTS fan. Yay for awesome SEGA music. <3

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
As far as I know, Charmeleon darts to the upper left at the start. At least, that's how it went down when I went for an A rank with him. :lol: ...Yes, I have a perfectionist thing. >>;

Random thought: Uhh...Huh. The Red Ideya was rare and powerful in the first, right? Hope was only last this time because it seemed like it was the final thing the kids' needed (besides acting lessons or lessons in not wandering off by yourself). The Red Ideya allowed dualization so it was still important. It seemed like it was the most powerful still this time around since the Nightmarens didn't touch it (well...excluding Wizeman
Spoiler
) and it was needed for the final stage. There's some logic behind why Courage was first and Hope was last (or "stealing the spotlight" it seems), but I'm not in the mood for explanations.

Seriously, Purity seemed right for the first Nightopia, Intelligence and Growth are intertwined, and Hope...well, it's needed for the future.

Actually, now that I think about it...

Courage - All powerful
Purity - Past innocence
Intelligence - Needed to deal with situations in the present, calling forth prior knowledge to eventual make way for...
Growth - Preparation for the future
Hope - For the future

I think...

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Personally, I feel there was nothing wrong with how the original played. Everything made sense and worked right. Clearly SEGA has never heard the expression, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But I suppose this new generation of gamers are different from our generation. They have to be spoonfed everything and have to have everything different, otherwise they'll cry.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
In Wizeman's boss battle, the other NiGHTS is pretty good at sticking close to the player. Except when God feels it should be otherwise. Somehow, I lost my buddy during the rocket trip. That was annoying.

Lélis

Lélis

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Games in general. I am a gamer<br />Cosplay - maybe you don't like but I LOVE<br />Sing - I am a good singer, so I like to sing. A LOT (and game music is my love)<br />And everthing that you would like to chat. I am not a quiet person xDDD
I would like to have NiGTHS at Smash Brothers ùu WIN!

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
Thought: If Dan Green voiced one of the Marens would Nightopia be royalty screwed over? (I would imagine so)

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I hate that dream drop that you have to get by jumping from a ramp in the boat rescue mission in Pure Valley. I can't seem to get fast enough to make the right kind of jump... Its really pissing me off.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

I would like to have NiGTHS at Smash Brothers ùu WIN!

That's what I said at a Halloween party last week.

I, of course, was smashing up Sonic while dressed as NiGHTS and kept yelling at the TV in a British accent. XD

Fun times~

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Thought of the day... Dreams Dreams JoD parent version is now tainted and will forever make me laugh.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I don't know why, but during the colder months, JoD makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Especially around Christmas time.

Lumas Nocce

Lumas Nocce

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
So it's occured to me that there are similarities between Girania and Gullwing? I guess most people would be inclined to relate him to Gulpo but it's really a Gullwing fight with an extra gimmick.
Bomamba=Clawz on drugs.
There are so many connections between the two games. I just realized that even the "rings in mirror" gimmick employed in Crystal Castle was fro mthe Museaum originally....T_T

vincentdante

vincentdante

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Thought of the day... Having just come in to visit after almost a year of no show I am very happy to see the JoD thread going strong. I thought it was a very good game with great new ideas, although poorley executed at the same time.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Oh TRiPPY, Dreams Dreams is so pretty. Now I can't help but laugh at the irony of it all. :P

Listen to Will's dad during the chorus. It's scary and growly. :lol:

Rachael

Rachael

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Why cant dreamdrops let you unlock original bosses WHY WHHHHY. or better yet a sercret door in which you find all the magic keys magically while opening the magical magic door and you walk in to the magic door which you find inside the magical door the magic original bosses that you must use the magical NiGHTS to deafeat the magic bosses.

Scratch that. That idea was stupid.

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
Thought-who would win in a fight? NiD Reala or JoD Reala?????

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Thought-who would win in a fight? NiD Reala or JoD Reala?????

JoD Reala. As NiD Reala flys around, JoD Reala would just smush him with a mare balloon. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users