Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ALPS CHASE VIDEOS EXCLUSIVE

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet...ey/ofdreams.htm

Thanks to Niraven and Co we have the very first gameplay footage since those last ones Sega released, but this time NEW LEVEL!
Alps chase is the Spring valley remake i was talking about in the Podcast last month. Windmills YES!

The video clips were smuggled on a phone, therefore they are short, but you get the flow of things very nicely. I have to say this is my favourite level so far. Now if the big tree is still in the level i will be most happy XD

Lots more gameplay hoops there folks. Not quite so sparse as the other levels so far.

Enjoy :D

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Ooh... f*!*ing sweet 8D! *watches*

Thought Alps was a remake of Spring Valley. That, therefore, makes me happy, because I loved Spring Valley 8D!

Edit: Might I also add, Imma digging those water graphics. They look so real. TAKE THAT, BIOSHOCK >8[.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Look at the waterfalls! <3

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Look at the waterfalls! <3

THEY ARE LOVE, DAMNIT 8D

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Aaaaaawesome! Such beauty, and only from a mobile phone too! The sky is so blue in the footage it reminds me of my early childhood. Ahh... I miss blue skies in games. I love those windmills too. Spring Valley, here we come!

Did anyone notice the Wii pointer cursor on the screen? That must but how the sensor controls work. You point where you want NiGHTS to go, hold the Drill Dash button and he goes there. I wonder how you can regular fly though.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yay! Looks pretty sweet.. and now we see the onscreen stats.. hm.. not sure if I'm liking the cursor control

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Ah, they won't work for me D:! Just bunches of letters and stuff.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Ah, they won't work for me D:! Just bunches of letters and stuff.

right click>save as

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net

right click>save as

Sorry, I tried, said it wasn't a movie file.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Save link as, not save as. That should work.

Thanks for pointing out the right click thing viper, I was confused too XD

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Well, I have a Mac, and I'm not finding that option. So, I'll just have to sneek a peek at school.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
- OMG the water! The waterfall! The windmills! *____* So pretty...

- Interesting with the Wiimote pointer, kinda like the fairy in Twilight Princess.

- The rings are back! And the blue chips (I assume) as well! : D

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
It looks beautiful ! Amazing and colourful. Check out that draw distance. I'd love it even more if the windmills weren't stuck on the ground, but still, a worthy remake of Spring Valley if I ever did see one : D

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
OH MAH GAWD! Video doesn't work and I go to work in 15 mins!!!!!! :D ::Becomes ill with anxiety.::

EDIT: I got it. :3 Level looks amazing, and yay, Wii mote action. I have alot to say about this new shtuff but I'm afraid I have work in 10 mins now. D: I am still in mah jammies.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yes yes, i am liking the level. It certainly does look rather splendid and what not. The water effects do seem rather fresh, even if it was captured on a mobile phone. And when we were told about Windmills and reported on it in one of our previous podcast shows i was imagining tiny little in-the-distance windmills, like in the previous Spring Valley level. These windmills are HUUUUGE !!! O_O

It's all good. I am getting to the stage where i really am very VERY VEEEEEERY bloody excited about this game. Please, Sega. Don't screw it up. You're so close to regaining some of those respect points you lost over the years. *hopes/wishes/prays*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
Anyone think the pointer looks like iDEYA?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD that's what i thought at first too

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Heeeeeeey, I was right about the movement controls. Awesome.

It looks rather nice. I think I might have to add this on to my purchase list after Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Endless Ocean.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Anyone think the pointer looks like iDEYA?

Now that you mention it... It kinda does. "NiGHTS, follow the shiny Ideya!"

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
Ubughghghlooo~ *foam* LINKS~! They they got all the score stuff coming up and and... the water looks nicey nice and and... BIG WINDINGMAMILLS.

*armflap*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
From the distance I totally thought the orb WAS Ideya.. until the flight pattern went weird :D

What if Paralooping near the windmills set them off? Nice BG interaction..

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons &amp; Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
Wow! Alps Chase looks so beautiful. Even with the quality of the videos, it's not hard to see how much detail that stage has. Realistic water, a clear blue sky, link rings galore and lots of big windmills ... absolutely stunning. I also though the pointer looked like iDEYA. Pretty nifty.

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
*forgets about I said about spoilers* Very Cool.

And thanks for the SA.net link Trippy! :D

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I think I just died.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
...♪in your arms tonight. Must have been something you said♪

"Come on, Will. Lets follow him!"

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Wow... That'll be our new song, DiGi, because now every time I hear it I'm gonna think of your crazy ass. :lol: FRICKIN romantic.

By the way, why the hell does Will talk like Coach Z from Homestar Runner whenever you quote him?! XD "He ran orf!"

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
lol, BECAWZ HE PLAYS FOOTY AN' HE'Z BRIT'ESH AN' ALL BRIT'ESH FOOTY PLAYORS TAWK LIKE ALL BLOODY 'EFIN COCKNY, INNIT BRUV !

Really. Never go to a Tottenham Hotspur football game. They all talk like that. Our friend, Will here, would be sat right at front swearing his face off at the referee. Now, THAT'S real socce-..er-imean 'football'.

.....anyways, WINDMILLS!! XD;;

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
O_O ^o^ ^________________________^ *_*

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

lol, BECAWZ HE PLAYS FOOTY AN' HE'Z BRIT'ESH AN' ALL BRIT'ESH FOOTY PLAYORS TAWK LIKE ALL BLOODY 'EFIN COCKNY, INNIT BRUV !

0_0....I luv you XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Kind of like my friend, Shane. When we were at the bookstore, he said he was gonna "kick me inda froat" (meaning throat). I told him "good thing I don't have a froat." :lol: His accent throws me off. I've known him since we were 11-years-old and I alwayas thought he just had a lisp or something. Then two years ago I find our he's from England. Bwaaah? XD

Anyway, I've gone horribly off topic.
The game play looks like the olden days~ I'm happy with it! The level looks good and there's looots of goodies for the score attack folks! I'm gonna have fun killing myself through that level.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
i feel like an animal now...

an animal being taunted with something he wants, but cant get now...

maybe... a putty-tat..

anyway the scenery looks beautiful... the windmills really say something to me for some reason...
and the way the waterfall flows is just great... :lol: (happycry)

and it makes sense that the pointer would turn out to be an ideya... things are looking awesome so far...lets hope it stays that way.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
The level does look really nice. At least when the footage like this gets to everyone else we won't have to listen to "OMG. It looks like Dreamcast graphics. This game sucks" from other sites. I never paid attention in the first place. The game isn't even done yet you foo!

Anyway....windmills and lots of them. I wasn't expecting to see so many. I also wonder if there is something wrong with my screen because I don't notice the detail to the extent eveyone is talking about. I just belive what you guys say. Maybe I need new glasses. Actually I haven't had a cheak up in a year and a half because I don't have insurance anymore. Damn!

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Just wait until the Tokyo Game Show. Hopefully there'll be a public NiGHTS booth there. That way we'll be getting videos like these but bigger and more clearer. Posted Image

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
Aw crap...i can't watch the videos on my laptop and it's too late to watch them on the main computer...have to wait until tomorrow...

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
yeah seeing this footage is just making me burn for this game more.
Goddamnit I want to play it so badly.
I was flipping through that Holiday shopping guide at Gamestop today and found the journey of Dreams page. I left it open to that page as a subtle reminder that the game is coming for people to see ;)
But I know that as soon as they see it they will inevitably go "haha thats gay" and turn to Halo 3 page :/

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
>_> Am i the only person who can play both Halo and NiGHTS and love them both?

Anyway, yes, I'm glad people (including myself) are becoming more optimistic. It feels nice.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
btw the pointer control looks a little (very) broken. Analogue for me.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

>_> Am i the only person who can play both Halo and NiGHTS and love them both?

Anyway, yes, I'm glad people (including myself) are becoming more optimistic. It feels nice.

You don't play Halo. You get me to play it while you sit back and watch ._.

Also, i think i'll prefer the nunchuk controller too. It'll be like having the feel of the 'old skool' with some 'new skool' sh!t goin' on. Ya get me? Plus, that, and the Wii-mote control method looks a little jaggy to work with.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

You don't play Halo. You get me to play it while you sit back and watch ._.

Also, i think i'll prefer the nunchuk controller too. It'll be like having the feel of the 'old skool' with some 'new skool' sh!t goin' on. Ya get me? Plus, that, and the Wii-mote control method looks a little jaggy to work with.

Then what would have been the point of putting NiGHTS on the Wii in the first place? I mean they said they wanted to bring back NiGHTS because the Wii is a perfect system to simulate the flying experiance. I doubt they were talking about the analog control. I thought they might make it play like the Sonic game, but from the looks of the point of view you get...that is not going to happen and they have made it too complicated to play with the wii remote. Oh well....

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet...ey/ofdreams.htm

Thanks to Niraven and Co we have the very first gameplay footage since those last ones Sega released, but this time NEW LEVEL!
Alps chase is the Spring valley remake i was talking about in the Podcast last month. Windmills YES!

The video clips were smuggled on a phone, therefore they are short, but you get the flow of things very nicely. I have to say this is my favourite level so far. Now if the big tree is still in the level i will be most happy XD

Lots more gameplay hoops there folks. Not quite so sparse as the other levels so far.

Enjoy ;)

Good news: some windmills in the level were floating like in the original. Also, your big tree is there. :) There's even birds in the tree (nice little ones) and you can fly right through a hole in the middle of the tree, there's probably 10 blue chips in there. You also get to fly around the tree and skirt the edges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users