Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

NiGHTS's Age

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
After someone made a comment on the forums about NiGHTS being similar to Peter Pan, a thought struck me. Everyone knows that Peter Pan never ages, and always stays a kid, but what about NiGHTS himself? How old is he? Does he stay perpetually young? When is his 'birthday'? Will he ever grow old, and if so, how will he look?

Personally, I think he is around at least 150 yrs old. If maren have a 'lifespan', and eventually die or fade away, then by NiGHTS's looks, I'd say he is a young adult by maren standards, and prolly will live to 800 yrs old. But, thats just my observation...

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I think that as long as there are beings fueling Nightopia/Nightmare with their imaginations, they are infinite.

Edit: Naturally speaking. There may be a way possible to kill them, but seeing that Wizeman and Reala are back after NiGHTS "defeating" them, who knows?

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

I think that as long as there are beings fueling Nightopia/Nightmare with their imaginations, they are infinite.
Edit: Naturally speaking. There may be a way possible to kill them, but seeing that Wizeman and Reala are back after NiGHTS "defeating" them, who knows?

What if a maren (not high-class marens, just the weak third-class guys) derives its 'lifeforce' from specific people? If so, then wouldn't the maren evetually die out as the people who supported them with energy also died? The way I see it, if marens are supported by Ideya, and considering the type of creatures these are (greed is something is associate them with), I doubt they'd share, so claiming people for energy might actually be part of the culture they live in.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I don't think NiGHTS has an age.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

How can NiGHTS not have an age? He has to have been created sometime.

Moriarty

Moriarty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Is time in the dream world entirely linear? Is time a fabrication of the dreamer? There's a lot we don't know.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Well, in mah Fan-fiction (FULL OF MARY-SUES OF COURSE (LOL, JK) ), NiGHTS is OVER 9000 *SHOT*.

No, seriously. NiGHTS is about 250 Nightmaren or Human years old in mah fanfic.

NiGHTS probably is really a lot older than that. NiGHTS's existence probably dates back to Caveman times >3.

So, in reality, NiGHTS may well be over 9000. That's pretty f*!*ing sweet, if you ask me.

sharky

sharky

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:SEGA Games/Consoles.
I would asume that NiGHTS and Reala are created at the mental age and size they are now and do not 'age' or die of old age.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, when we dream we sometimes dream of the past. We sometimes dream of the future, too. This is something we are unable to do in the waking and only seems to be possible in dreams (until they invent a time machine). The way i see it is, in dreams, time is a very different thing. I don't think we can explain 'time' in dreams.

Though, that being said.... whatever NiGHTS' age is, he's certainly looking veeery sexy for it. Must be eating all those healthy salads and taking regular walks around dreamland. <_<

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Eleven, silly.

Nah, I keed.

Well, I guess one thing's for sure- however 'old' NiGHTS is, Wizeman is 'older' than that.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
I would say he is an ageless being that was created when the first dream was made up. <_<

Without story making:
In between 11 and 12 years.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

After someone made a comment on the forums about NiGHTS being similar to Peter Pan, a thought struck me. Everyone knows that Peter Pan never ages, and always stays a kid, but what about NiGHTS himself? How old is he? Does he stay perpetually young? When is his 'birthday'? Will he ever grow old, and if so, how will he look?

Personally, I think he is around at least 150 yrs old. If maren have a 'lifespan', and eventually die or fade away, then by NiGHTS's looks, I'd say he is a young adult by maren standards, and prolly will live to 800 yrs old. But, thats just my observation...

That was me.

I find Peter Pan and NiGHTS to be very similar characters, simply because they are mischevious, genderless (both can be portrayed as female or male) and both are gifted fliers.

More importantly, both characters are ageless. We have no idea how old Peter Pan is because he never ages. He could be 10, he could be 100. Likewise, NiGHTS has no age. Both characters -- as you put it -- stay perpetually young.

At least, that's how I see it.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

That was me.

I find Peter Pan and NiGHTS to be very similar characters, simply because they are mischevious, genderless (both can be portrayed as female or male) and both are gifted fliers.

More importantly, both characters are ageless. We have no idea how old Peter Pan is because he never ages. He could be 10, he could be 100. Likewise, NiGHTS has no age. Both characters -- as you put it -- stay perpetually young.

At least, that's how I see it.

I didn't know that Peter Pan was androgynous. Of course...he's always scared me a bit.

Nightmaren in tights= :D

People in tights= :o

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Uh...Maybe NiGHTS was made when WizeMan made Nightmare. Either that or she doesn't have an age.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I just think that NiGHTS is kinda just ageless. O_O

But someone made the comment that if NiGHTS is 'old', Wizeman is 'older'. I agree with that completely. xD

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Before I proposed a theory that when Wizeman created the Nightmaren it took a lot of time to "get right" and that NiGHTS might be one of the younger Nightmarens. Thus speaking that Wizeman may have created our favorite twins NiGHTS and Reala after a series of trials and error (that being all of the others). But this is just my own speculation so please ignore what I said, all we know is that NiGHTS is old (and looks good for his age) and Wizeman is a fossil (smacked by Reala).

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I didn't know that Peter Pan was androgynous. Of course...he's always scared me a bit.

Peter Pan has been portrayed by actors of both genders. Because both genders can portray the character accurately, he could be considered androgynous.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Hmm.. I never really thought about that. Dreams can come from all kinds of creatures in all kinds of places. Imagine that ((Saying for the sake of argument that all this stuff and other universes and creatures from other planets exist and whatnot)) there are other places, older than ours. Then we'd never know just how old NiGHTS or Nightopia really is, because they could have been around before critters could dream here on Earth. I could never make a guess~ Dreams don't really have time, though, so if I had to guess, I would say ageless.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Nineteen.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Nineteen.

^_^

Elaborate, please.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
NiGHTS: I'm only foo and a haff yeahs owd!

Reala: ...-punch-

There. Edited for your enjoyment -coughEkaricough-

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

NiGHTS: I'm fwee yeahs owd!

Reala: ...-punch-

Its suppose to be "I'm only 4 and a half years old." said in child talk XD
Close enough

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Time is a confusing enough subject in reality, but in dreams, I might have to actually do some thinking. :lol:

So, here goes:

Considering the fact that Nightopeia and Nightmare are based a lot on reality (physics, not just looks), then we can assume that the 'dream dimension', as I have dubbed it, and our dimension share common traits, such as linear flow of time.

Because the dream dimension is seperate from the 'reality dimension', then within that certain dimension the flow of time for Nightopeians and Nightmaren feels to them like it would for us in our dimension. Because we are from different dimensions, humans and dream creatures would percieve different time scales, which might explain why people wake up and realize that several hours has passed, not several minutes like in their dream. This is due to the fact that the dream dimension has a slower rate of time then the reality dimension.

Because humans don't truly exist in the dream dimension, but instead visit it telepathically, their minds are able to make sense of the time-speed difference.

But why do we dream in different time periods then? you ask. This occurs because as dream creatures accomadate to a person's dream, they also change the surroundings to match that of a time in the reality dimension. In this way the dream creatures are able to confuse the dreamer into believing that the time they are in is in the past or future.

Because time flows linearly in both dimensions but at different time scales, even more complexities arise. You say, 'But dude, my dream lasted, like 5 hours, not 5 minutes.' Somehow, the dream creatures are able to change the time scale in their dimension to accomadate to a dream. And because dream creatures are working round the clock on millions of dreams, the whole dimension is liking to be shifting in different periods of time in different areas. For example, a maren could be working on a person who is having a short 5-minute nightmare in the dream dimension, and the time scale could be normally how it should be. Then, nearby, a Nightopeian is giving another dreamer a long dream that lasts 5 hours in the dream dimension, which would then mean that that portion would need to be slowed down considerably. Nightopeians and marens and their surroundings would be adapted to this in the dream dimension, so such extreme time distortion would not effect them, only them dreamers.

Because time is shifting so erractically everywhere in the dream dimension, ages would be incredibly difficult to calculate. Stepping into a section of the dream dimension that is accelerated would increase the age of a dream creature incredibly, while likewise walking into a slow portion of the dream dimension would slow the aging process dramatically. Taking this into account, then unless dream creatures are immortal as some of you say, then they will need an incredibly long lifespan to deal with such time distortion.

Then, once that is taken into account, one must consider what time in Nightmare was NiGHTS created? Since no specific time is really released, we can only guess here. Taking into account the fact that NiGHTS may be a young Nightmaren, then he must have been created relatively recently in the dream dimension's timeline. Recently can mean anything though, so by my best guess, keeping in mind the differences in timescales between our dimension and the dream dimension, is between 10000 to 60000 dream years old, making him about 166 to 1000 years old. My math may be wrong on that, :P but its the best guess I could come up with. (My scale was about 1 minute in our dimension to 1 hour in the dream dimension.)This isn't taking into account the difference in timescale that occur while he worked as a nightmaren, which could easily have added a thousand maren years to him. ^_^

Maybe I'm just overthinking myself, but this seems pretty logical to me, even though it is an incredibly amount of theory. (Someone remind me later to talk to you all about time dynamics, because this all stuff that I think nerds like us will find interesting.) Anyway, its not what I think anyway. Its what you, the people with the patience to read through all this crap think. :P

Oh, and here is a little video to people who are really intereseted in time theory. It deals with space-time and all that gibberish, and if you understand it then I raise my hat to you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=42...rceid=zeitgeist

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD

hehe... me neither.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

hehe... me neither.

I don't agree, but I respect the fact your view of the matter. I can see why you think that, seeing as though NiGHTS doesn't look 150 yrs old.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Personally, I think NiGHTS doesn't really age....or at least look it. He could be as old as dreams began and he would STILL look like he's in his late teens or something as long as there are dreams (aka as long as beings can think). Well...that's just my opinion.....And I DO believe there can be a way to kill nightmaren, not that I'd try it of coarse, but I hightly doubt it'd be easy!

NiGHTS shall live forever!! :lol:

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Personally, I think NiGHTS doesn't really age....or at least look it. He could be as old as dreams began and he would STILL look like he's in his late teens or something as long as there are dreams (aka as long as beings can think). Well...that's just my opinion.....And I DO believe there can be a way to kill nightmaren, not that I'd try it of coarse, but I hightly doubt it'd be easy!

NiGHTS shall live forever!! :lol:

I am sure everyone can agree that NiGHTS isn't going to die, at least not anytime soon.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

I am sure everyone can agree that NiGHTS isn't going to die, at least not anytime soon.

-slowly hides knife behind his back, slipping into the shadows whistling- ^_^

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

-slowly hides knife behind his back, slipping into the shadows whistling- ^_^

^_^

Anyway, NiGHTS and the other marens are as old as dust. That is what I think.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
NiGHTS's age is OVER 9000!!!

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Just imagine NiGHTS wearing period clothing. Roman NiGHTS, Medival NiGHTS, Colonial NiGHTS, Hippie NiGHTS, etc.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Just imagine NiGHTS wearing period clothing. Roman NiGHTS, Medival NiGHTS, Colonial NiGHTS, Hippie NiGHTS, etc.

lol, I did something similar with mah Nightmaren.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

lol, I did something similar with mah Nightmaren.

Can you post some pix?

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:games, music, REALA, NiD, art, REALA, and...REALA.
You know how Shadow is 16, but he's ACTUALLY 66? What if it's that way with NiGHTS? I always thought he [it] was 14 generally, but he was really around 146. I'm very confused about all this.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Its all this open-ended speculation that confuses people. Lol, I can barely make sense of it all. :P

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
That's right! Let's go straight to the source and settle this once and for all. NiGHTS! Reala! Can you come over here please?

NiGHTS: *waves to everyone* Hi!!!!
Reala: What now, Dreamer?

*gulp* If I may ask, how old are you guys?

*NiGHTS looks confused and starts counting his fingers while Reala just scratches his head*

You don't know either?!?

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

That's right! Let's go straight to the source and settle this once and for all. NiGHTS! Reala! Can you come over here please?

NiGHTS: *waves to everyone* Hi!!!!
Reala: What now, Dreamer?

*gulp* If I may ask, how old are you guys?

*NiGHTS looks confused and starts counting his fingers while Reala just scratches his head*

You don't know either?!?

Wiseman: WHAT DO YOU WANT!!?!?! I'm busy being evil!

How old are NiGHTS and Reala?

Wiseman:..........*runs away*

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Dark Magician and submas13, don't RP here please. Thank you.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Aw, but it's funny. XD That was amusing while it lasted(A WHOLE TWO POSTS OMG). Hmm...NiGHTS is ageless, if you ask me. But if I /had/ to give him an age...Looking at JoD NiGHTS..I'd say..16-20. I can't tell, really. XD That seems right to me, though. I have a whole fanfic-to-be about when and how Reala, NiGHTS, and the others were created. ;3 I'm still working on it, though. That, and an original story involving naga. XD It may be a while before it gets on the .Com.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Well, based on his looks, I think he seems more like a 23-year-old in JoD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users