Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Ok last update of the week !

"Ok, so a little bad news first. Our SEGA guy informed us that apparently we weren't supposed to see ANYTHING but the Alps Chase first mission and the boss, we weren't even supposed to be able to see NiGHTS more than once! So we got WAY more than allowed, but he said "today's the last day so I don't really care". The only catch was we couldn't play 2P. Oh well. But what we saw, was WAY better than any 2P.

So one small update: NiGHTS can fly the "wrong way" on the course for fun or to get rings that were missed. The blue Link orbs collected are for the children and help you get Link combos.

Children controls (Wii-mote only): Controlling the child's movement uses the control pad. The kids can jump with the 2 button, and throw the blue Link orbs with the 1 button. Their number of orbs chuckable are limited to the number of orbs NiGHTS collected.

Now here's the big, huge, OMFG news:

We've seen the intro movie to the game at least 30 times before today, but today it was extended! Our guy didn't unlock anything new, he didn't do anything different, so I can't explain it other than the game must have bugged or something but we saw Reala! You're gonna die with how huge a spoiler this appearance was. After the scene of Helen running with the Nightopians, she finds a treasure chest and opens it. Then, the scene flashes to NiGHTS standing on the ground, looking up at Reala floating above. All I have to say: he's GORGEOUS!!! Very similar to the original design, only he's got the fluffy-puff collar NiGHTS has, a vest similar to NiGHTS also with a gem crest, he wears red gauntlets with black etching, and the face. Get ready to squeal: Reala wears the mask that is shown in the title logo. It's more detailed of course, but it's the same gold mask, with black etching, and a purple gem crest. There are also black feathers that protrude from the edges of the mask: it reminded me a lot of your cosplay costume of UV NiGHTS, Trippy. Anyway, Reala looks foreboding and powerful above NiGHTS. The camera zooms up and Reala does a sort of fist in front of the face threatening pose. Now here's another huge thing: I noticed the silhouette of Wizeman was behind Reala. Something's up there.

Anyway, we got lots of SEGA goodies, we tried SO HARD to get a photo or footage of Reala but they were literally watching our pockets without blinking. However, I've drawn a quick picture in pencil of what Reala's face with the mask and the collar looks like. It was a few-minute sketch so forgive the lesser quality again. Also, it was really neat seeing Reala smile, as in the smilish mouth going from a relaxed position to actually smiling (no teeth exposed of course, I really can't imagine that...). It was smooth, flawless, and looked completely natural. His color schemes are the same as before, only slightly darkened and a bit of purple added.

Side-note: The "seagulls" in the beginning intro that fly next to NiGHTS are actually geese, colored like seagulls.

For the rest of the intro, NiGHTS loops through canyons and over rivers, and even goes from flying fast to running like Sonic for a couple steps on a cliff (like Sonic as in, really fast, similar to Peter Pan in the scene where he's saving Tigerlily and runs down the cliff face). Then NiGHTS dives off the cliff in an acrobatic flying and then we get the title screen.

I got a magazine from Daniel to that I believe may have a screenshot that hasn't been released. I can't tell, I don't remember it (but then again I don't check screens often). I'll include that, too. The important detail is that there's a Nightmaren riding on the bird and controlling it with reins. It wears a green suit.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy, that's my last update for the games convention but I'm still here and I'd be more than happy to answer questions, discussions, comments, etc. "

Posted Image

: D

*continues tinkering*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
REALA IN 2P 8D?!

Ooh... can't wait to hear 'bout this >3.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*REFRESH D:*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
*tries to wait patiently.... but fails D8!*

Good Lord I'm excited 8D!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Teehee. *exited*

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Ah, can't wait!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*LMAO* WRITE FASTER! I'm pissing off DiGi XD

OMG OK GOT IT UPDATINFG!

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
(sits in fetal position...)

NEEEEED.... FIIIXXXX

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Come on come on come on come on!!! I wanna know if Reala's featured at all in the 2p feature!! >.< *jumps up and down*

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Patience people, patience. ^_^

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Posted Image

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
*still jumping* It's hard to be patient!! I just wish Jackle was in this somehow......only dissappointment so far I can remember.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Reala's got a mask! HAHAHAHAhahahaha!!!
I swear to god, i found that more funnier than you can imagine and i honestly don't know why. XD

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
Sounds like the mask in the logo possesses the owner with Wizeman and his powers, or at least some kinda mad-power thing. AWESOME 8D! This game just keeps on getting better and better 8D! Lot better than 2P, you bet 8D!

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Oh hey, what's this? Really awesome? That's what I thought.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I was wondering what that Mask was for.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
"Reala's got a mask! HAHAHAHAhahahaha!!!
I swear to god, i found that more funnier than you can imagine and i honestly don't know why. XD"

Hmmm....*imagines Reala with a mask* . . . .AHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is funny!! Masquerade Reala!

EDIT: Well.....seeing at it's gold it'll look good on him, but now it'll be harder to poke fun at his mime make-up!!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Told ya we'd have news on Reala, didn't we? XD *is a smug-bastard*

Also, NiGHTS running! OMG, i can't wait to see that!!

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
TehLazyOne read the Journey of Dreams update......

TehLazyOne cries with joy and is easily overwhelmed with maddening excitement.

TehLazyOne gains 3475 Faith points!

TehLazyOne's Faith leveled up!

TehLazyOne's total Faith has been increased up to 80%!

TehLazyOne is confused and utterly baffled as to why he would express his glee in such manner...

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
NiGHTS.....running.....with feet on the ground.......A HISTORIC EVENT INDEED!!!!! *calls Ripley's Believe it or Not*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
If Reala has his black feathers i wonder if NiGHTS' masks will still have the blue feathers.

plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

If Reala has his black feathers i wonder if NiGHTS' masks will still have the blue feathers.
plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz.

HOMG JUST REALIZED.

Persona must be still in the game x3. Maybe 'the Great Mother' Archetype can make Persona?

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I like feathers on Reala! I'm just happy that he got a spot in the game and that he got a kick-ass revamp!!

"If Reala has his black feathers i wonder if NiGHTS' masks will still have the blue feathers."

That would be so freaking awesome!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Dude i'd honestly cry.

*edit* goes back to replying to email and looking at attachments before updating the front page*

Also! Niraven, in answer to your question, no i didn't maybe my mail is being slow >_< If its not there in the next 15 mins I'll contact you about it.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Dude i'd honestly cry.

Happy tears I assume? Hey, what if Reala had a VA??

QUESTION: Do you know if Reala has any lines in the game?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Of course happy tears because this was kinda what one of my sources told me ages ago last year about the feathers.

Best £2.50 i ever spent in a habadashery.

Question- i know that Reala has some ...errr..... intresting parts with NiGHTS..... but more about that maybe later on this month or something. Too much is kinda floating around right now.
I've not heard wind of anything about his voice though. I hope they dont make him mute considering how much he spraffed in the first game. If they give him an accent i reallyreally hope its not english but german/spanish or something. I've always heard Reala as german. Tis a sexy accent.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

NiGHTS.....running.....with feet on the ground.......A HISTORIC EVENT INDEED!!!!! *calls Ripley's Believe it or Not*

And now we wait to see if this happens in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

And now we wait to see if this happens in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.

Yep!

Question- i know that Reala has some ...errr..... intresting parts with NiGHTS..... but more about that maybe later on this month or something. Too much is kinda floating around right now.
I've not heard wind of anything about his voice though. I hope they dont make him mute considering how much he spraffed in the first game. If they give him an accent i reallyreally hope its not english but german/spanish or something. I've always heard Reala as german. Tis a sexy accent.

So true. I think he would be better off with German rather than Spanish.....*imagines Reala sounding like Antonio Banderas* O_O......

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Man. Reala's hardcore now.

And I'm throwing out my own guess here: that's some sort of uber-nightmare persona mask of pwnage. Probably Wizeman-based pwnage, as said before.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Reala has masks, NiGHTS has masks. Sounds like Majora's mask, which kicked ass. I'm guessing these masks are going to have a central role in the story. Awesomeness.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
a thought occurs:

will they pronounce Reala's name differently?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

a thought occurs:

Maybe
A thought occurs: will Sega make a better dubbing company than 4kids, thus running them out of business for murdering Sonic? They've already got a head start with NiGHTS' voice and the new guy who sings for Zero Gravity.

JadeMare

JadeMare

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIIIIT~

Reala sounds INCREDIBLY gorgeous! Oh God, I can't wait to see what he'll actually look like in the game! The opening sequence sounds f*!*ing amazing, too.

AAAAH! Forget Christmas, I want it nowwwwww~! *dies*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Maybe
A thought occurs: will Sega make a better dubbing company than 4kids, thus running them out of business for murdering Sonic? They've already got a head start with NiGHTS' voice and the new guy who sings for Zero Gravity.

SEGA seems to be on a good track so far with the voices, and the biggest mistake they could do now is give Reala a girl's voice, which is REALLY impossible if you ask me.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

a thought occurs:

Most likely. There are two main ways to pronounce it though.....(re-AL-a) and [REA-la (like the the word real...)].

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Always nice to see a happy fan XD

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

SEGA seems to be on a good track so far with the voices, and the biggest mistake they could do now is give Reala a girl's voice, which is REALLY impossible if you ask me.

Well, Reala was a boy in the first game anyways, so no need to worry.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Always nice to see a happy fan XD

HAPPY HAPPY!!! I just wish they put Jackle in there.....HE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
A mask? Oh noes D: Well I hope it's not glued to his face or something. I would hate it if he wore it the whole time.
I maybe it'll look good in the game but otherwise I think the venitian mask style is a bit lame...it would have been so much cooler if he was given a mask to hold with a fixed expression. Like a creepy clowns face or something. (hm I might draw that xD)

Ah well the rest sounds nice enough, and similar to the original.
Gah I was hoping for a pic because I was thinking of changing the Reala model I'm making to the new design, but it sounds to complicated so I think I'll stick with retro Reala.

I think once I actualy see the FMV I'l be all *fangirl squeal* all over the place anyway xD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
A mask?! WTF? I didn't see that coming. It really does take away from his mime features. It also makes him less scary to me. His eyes always scared me. But now they don't. Although I am not sure if that is what they were aiming for but oh well. It just looks so strange, but I can't wait to actually see him in color. I belive her when she says he is gorgeous. Wait...how did we go from kinda creepy to gorgeous. :D Oh well. Reala evolved. I am also wondering how the added purple works with him now. Boy Reala is really colorful from the sound of it. Gold, purple, blue, red, black....geez.

I am also so glad we had someone there who could draw so well and quickly so that we may see this. (It would have taken me 30 to draw that. :P )

NiGHTS runs? Nice to know those legs of his can actually do that. lol Sonic influence all over the place. Wow I am so excited I can't even talk in full sentences. This was nice to wake up to this morning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users