Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DAY 3 MORE EXCITING NEWS FROM GERMANY

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
She lives! I was worried she'd been locked into the room and beaten with sticks.

I quote:

Hey, sorry I'm writing so late. We're at a huge EA party right now (it's more like a club), but I wanted to make sure I got this through to you! It may be a bit short though, it's crazy here.

First of all, if you know what the japanese katakana "parapa" translates to, TELL ME.

Second, we're exploring 2-Player Mode tomorrow. Info on it today though: there's two modes: race and battle. Battle mode was unaccessible, but speed mode can be played with *bombshell* the GameCube controller as well as the Wii-controller (Mote and Nunchuk together or Wii-mote alone).

Development info: the game is approximately 55% complete at this point in time. Levels are still up for expansion, and resolution is being improved.

NiGHTS while flying may lie leisurely on her back, when she stops may cross her arms or look bored, and can do very very complicated stunts we were shown today that far exceed a simple backflip.

The "grab" function is used on the bird in Alps Chase to grab the key, and is also used to hurl Puffy to the top of the boss arena. When grabbed, Puffy will start spinning head-over-heels with you.

WII-MOTE UPDATE: NiGHTS may be played with the Wii-mote alone. While as a kid or outside of NiGHTS' flying mode, it's held in the same style as Sonic and the Secret Rings: sideways. The control pad controls their direction.

BIG UPDATE: NiGHTS CAN fly using the Wii-mote sensor controls. To control NiGHTS with the sensor: point at NiGHTS and hold the A button, then point and wave where you want NiGHTS to go and what you want him to fly like. This is still in development, but looks lovely.

There's a new Maren revealed in the gameplay of Alps Chase: a green seahorse. It really doesn't resemble any Maren I've seen before.

HUGE HUGE HUGE NEWS: Well, you know how I told you no one but Daniel could play, right? Well there's no CPU AI for 2P mode, and he was curious to try, so we made a deal. Tomorrow we're bringing our own Wii-mote, and we're going to play 2P. That's right: other than the SEGA officials and developers, we'll be amoung the very first to play this game. Be sure you'll get a ton of info on our impressions!

Anyway, the music's throbbing loud and my computer battery's low. Time to have some fun. More updates tomorrow!

oh!

IMPORTANT, I FORGOT!!

We stole footage of this sensor-controlling with NiGHTS. =] We'll send it to you ASAP.

;)

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Oooh, 2P Mode, lovely!

EDiT: *stares at admin edit* That's scaring me for some reason. Sounds all top-secret and stuff. o.O *hides under a rock*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Ooh... Niraven you're luck 8D!

YAY! 2P ^____^! Sounds cool so far. Too bad there's no pole-dancing minigame (Lol, I guess we can throw away that rumor).

Can't wait ^____^! Hope you don't get caught in deep-sh!t for helping us O_o.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
She's stealthy. Like an otter covered in olive oil.

Moriarty

Moriarty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I'm more curious as to the purpose of these keys and cages, and whether or not Ideya is still a part of this. It doesn't bother me if it isn't, as long as it's a fun game, but I am wondering.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I'm more curious as to the purpose of these keys and cages, and whether or not Ideya is still a part of this. It doesn't bother me if it isn't, as long as it's a fun game, but I am wondering.

Ditto

Also, its only 55% complete? That kinda scares me. I don't want to wait until Christmas to get the game, but if it means makeing it better then we must.

I am kinda gald to hear that the Wii controller can be held like Sonic and the Seceret Rings. I am very used to playing my Wii like that now. But from the sound of it do we not tilt the remote left and right? Do we have to use the directional pad? That makes no sense. I thought the point of it being on the Wii was for well the Wii Remotes special features. However from the sound of it they are still working on it, so lets hope they will have some improvment soon.

I wonder if the 2 player mode with feature Reala in it. Or maybe it will just be another NiGHTS. I hope they do show Reala though.

Pole-dancing? Why does that sound familiar. :lol:

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Germany keeps getting better and better.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Bring us back some beer dude :lol:

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Someone here's a master ninja! Way to go Niraven! :lol:

I'm liking the different control styles, and I wanna give the Wiimote-only mode a whirl! I wonder how they handle aerobatics? Trigger-pulling again? Maybe, maybe nah... still, controlling true flight "with a wave of your hand"! LOL

Two player battle AND race modes?? YEEHAW! I can't get enough of this! Thanks again guys! ^____^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm so glad i don't have to shell out for a second Wiimote then. We've been using our GC pad to play everything BUT Wii games lately. Skies of Arcadia mmmmm. It'll be just like the old days on the Sega Saturn when you'd ALWAYS GIVE YOUR 2nd PLAYER FRIEND/SIBLING THE CRAPPY NON ANALOGUE PAD (just to win). While you're waving your arms around majesticaly in the air your little brother is gaining CTS in his fingers while clutching onto the other controler.

I love it.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I'm so glad i don't have to shell out for a second Wiimote then. We've been using our GC pad to play everything BUT Wii games lately. Skies of Arcadia mmmmm. It'll be just like the old days on the Sega Saturn when you'd ALWAYS GIVE YOUR 2nd PLAYER FRIEND/SIBLING THE CRAPPY NON ANALOGUE PAD (just to win). While you're waving your arms around majesticaly in the air your little brother is gaining CTS in his fingers while clutching onto the other controler.

I love it.

lol. I will so do that. I can't afford controllers so when my friends wanted to play 2 player with me on the Wii I told they can go buy thier own $40. Thanks. Yeah I am glad we can use the gamecube controller for 2 player mode too.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
f*** this game just gets better and better doesnt it? Well I guess it has to being the sequel to one of the most memorable and unique games of all time. But 55% ehhhhhhhh. Kinda worried there. but so far so good!
And the wii controls sound like a blast. Hype X 1 million.

JadeMare

JadeMare

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Oh my dear god, this just keeps getting better~! I'm way excited about this. <333

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Oh my dear god, this just keeps getting better~! I'm way excited about this. <333

no sh!t. Im going apeshit right now.
I am so f*!*ing exciteddddddddddd.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
Kewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwzorz. Kewkewkewkew. *dies*

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
55%? Yikes, I'd rather they push back the date then to make sure everything gets done.

I look forward to tomorrow. Can't wait to hear how the controls are!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Pole-dancing? Why does that sound familiar. :lol:

The Rumor Chain we had flying around awhile ago >3.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Only 55%? Woah I thought they would have done a whole lot more than that. I thought the release was sometime in November? But at least this prooves they are taking their time over it to get it right rather than rushing.
Either that or they're really lazy.

Lets hope they will push back the release date not have a mad scramble to finish it in time D:

Niraven is sooo sooo lucky xD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Nice work Solid Niraven. :P

Can't wait to see that vid. If you want better footage of stuff like this maybe those camera glasses are available to the public. Just wear them and bam all the stuff you want :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*wakes up*

Today is the dayyyyyyyy ~

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

*wakes up*

Today is the dayyyyyyyy ~

Words of advice: REFRESH YOUR E-MAIL PAGE EVERY MINUTE. Today, oh my God, simply said. It's way way way bigger than anything like simply playing multiplayer. For our last impression, dear goodness, you'll update even faster than the first info I gave you!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Words of advice: REFRESH YOUR E-MAIL PAGE EVERY MINUTE. Today, oh my God, simply said. It's way way way bigger than anything like simply playing multiplayer. For our last impression, dear goodness, you'll update even faster than the first info I gave you!

8D!

*turns on webpage refresher* XDD; jk x3.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Hmm... the game seems playable and solid enough. I don't see how it's only 55% complete. A month ago it was 50% so I don't see how it's anything more than an estimate. Where do they get these statistics from anyway? Surely if the game is still in development I don't see how the developers would exactly know what is 100% complete. Ugh, I'm confused.

Game sounds good though and I look forward to today's information.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
I wonder if they're going to bring back from the original the special stunt rings. I love those things, and it would be great to bring them back.

Only 55%? Woah I thought they would have done a whole lot more than that. I thought the release was sometime in November? But at least this prooves they are taking their time over it to get it right rather than rushing.
Either that or they're really lazy.

Lets hope they will push back the release date not have a mad scramble to finish it in time D:

Niraven is sooo sooo lucky xD

I really doubt its 55% done, especially with this release date coming up. Since I trust Sega :P , I believe they wouldn't put an unrealistic release date up, so its prolly more finished then they want to let on. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users