Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Saturn Talk

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Dead Pixel

Dead Pixel

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Yes it was pretty good. Its worth a pretty penny even now actually. Thats the only reason I haven't bought it yet.

Are you talking about Virtual On? if so, it's totally cheap nowadays. Check out Ebay, I just got a copy of it for like, 12 bucks or something. Even the twin stick controller is pretty reasonable. Ever see the arcade machine? now that was badass, the arcade in my area that had it just got rid of it recently though, bastards.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Are you talking about Virtual On? if so, it's totally cheap nowadays. Check out Ebay, I just got a copy of it for like, 12 bucks or something. Even the twin stick controller is pretty reasonable. Ever see the arcade machine? now that was badass, the arcade in my area that had it just got rid of it recently though, bastards.

I don't have a job right now so anything over $10 is expensive. Especially once you calculate shipping. I would be spending $20 on that game most likly. I guess you might get it cheaper in a bid...but I rarely when bids. Like I said, I am poor. I will be lucky toget NiGHTS.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
My favorite games on the Saturn were Virtua Cop, Daytona, NiGHTS, and Sonic Jam. Just wish I owned a Saturn and all those games then it's screw this new generation from then on.

Ealynn

Ealynn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:I'm a freelance comic book artist and animator with a passion for storytelling. I love myths and legends and have a fondness of old animated children's tv shows and retro & indie games.

DOOT DO DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DO DOOT DOOOOO!!!!!! DAAAAAYTOOONAAAA! LET'S GO AWAY! (let's go away)

worst soundtrack ever.

...Also, I have Silhouette Mirage for the PSX, and it's a great game. If you like Gunstar Heroes, or Megaman, or good platformers in general, it's worthwhile.

Back to the Saturn games, Dark Savior is good if you liked Landstalker on the Genesis, and if you didn't then you have bad taste. Legend of Oasis rocks, again, if you liked Beyond Oasis on the Genesis, because it's basically an improved version. And the Panzer Dragoon series is wonderful.

Yes, I have Dark Savior! I loved it. It's so great to have all these alternative/parallel storylines.

Dead Pixel

Dead Pixel

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Yes, I have Dark Savior! I loved it. It's so great to have all these alternative/parallel storylines.

yep, it's definitely one of my favorites. A lot of people pan it, and I won't lie, some of the gameplay could have used a little more work, for example the combat being way too easy once you catch on to the tricks of it. And the slowdown in some areas. But the story totally makes up for it, the parallel thing was pretty innovative, I thought.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Astal is a great game! ;)

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Astal seems like a good game, and I need to get Mystaria. Astal, because most people say its good, and Mystaria, because I don't have any RPGs for my Saturn. :ph34r:

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
:lol: I finally completely finished Clockwork Knight a few days ago. I used to play it only on easy, but after reading so much about it, I stepped up to the plate and played it on normal.

The TV boss was hard, but it was the most entertaining boss fight in the entire game. Good thing I accumulated so many lives. :lol:

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I was just on GameFAQs recently to check a board I had not been to in a long while...when I noticed a new poll up.

It asks "Which ''failed'' game system do you have the fondest memories of?" I wanted to vote for the Sega Saturn, but it was not on the list. Dreamcast and Sega CD were there, but not the Saturn. Why not? Was the Dreamcast a bigger failure than it, or did they just not want to put it on there...

Haha...the Virtual Boy.......

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
perhaps because the saturn was not a failure in Japan, thanks to actually good marketing, like Segata Sanshiro.

here's a good video about him

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
Can't believe no-ones mentioned Shining the Holy Ark or Burning Rangers. 2 of my favourite games.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
One reason for the Burning Rangers may be due to that some do not have it? I really want to play it but its really expensive unless I get a Japanese version. (Which is dumb since I won't be able to read a damn thing then.) I have heard several good things about Burning Rangers. I could have sworn it would have been mentioned here...

I have never heard of Shining the Holy Ark though...

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games

Can't believe no-ones mentioned Shining the Holy Ark or Burning Rangers. 2 of my favourite games.

AHA! I love Shining the Holy Ark. It's an excellent and often overlooked game. For those not familiar with StHA, it's for all intents and purposes the prequel to Shining Force III. Several parts of the stories as well as characters overlap between the games, and SF3 takes place 10 years after the events in StHA. It's quite impressive how the writers managed to link events and characters between the two games.

StHA is a dungeon-crawler, and a fun, challenging one at that. And for being a dungeon-crawler, it has a pretty good story and good music. Definitely worth a play.

As for other Saturn games, my all-time favorite is Shining Force III. One shame with SF3 is that Sega only brought the first 1/3 of the game to American and European audiences, esentially leaving us with only part of the story in English. If you've played Scenario 1, you're only getting a snippet of the full deal and are left with a ton of untied knots. :( That, and the graphics improved quite a bit between Scenario 1 and Scenarios 2 & 3. Scenario 2 (told from Prince Medion's POV rather than Synbios') was excellent IMO, and it's a shame most people never got the chance to play it.

Not to mention the dub voice acting. AUUUUUUUGH. It's a rook deal... the Japanese voice actors were top-notch, big-name seiyuu, and all we got in the dub were what sounded like janitors being held hostage and forced to record by the voice staff. :D

I'm also very fond of Astal and Guardian Heroes. The fantastic crystalline world of Astal inspired me a lot when I was a wee elementary school kid. That, and the music is absolutely gorgeous. Oh, speaking of the Astal soundtrack, would anyone here be interested in an MP3 of the full opening song? My sister is a big Aya Hisakawa fan and picked up a CD anthology of hers a few years ago... turns out it had the full (as in 4 minute long) version of the Astal OP ("Let Me Try Again") on it!

Guardian Heroes... what can I say. Six-player brawls, twinky bunny, loads of unlockable characters, fun times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users