Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS' voice and Music

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I asked a friend at Sega about Phuckle last week but i've not heard about it yet, so i'll let you guys know.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Gah. No. f*** off. Voice.. grrr..

Its from a game. I know it. but. WHERE 0_0

... hang on... I have a notion...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
FIND IT JOF. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

*HANDS YOU FINDING INDUCING DRUGS*

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I f*!*ing have it. Im positive.

She voices Sam's AI in Serious Sam 2. But I don't know if thats what yous were thinking of. Ill try and grab a voice clip for yous to compare.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*imagines NiGHTS in... HollyOaks*

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I grabbed a recording. Personally, even if its not the right actress, its darn close.

Judge for yourselves.

Its an amr. file, so I used real player.

Upon further investigation, the voice used for NiGHTS is alot more.. whispy. But that could just simply be down to it being a different game and situation, not to mention the time difference.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
*curses real player and its inability to work on the first go.. what's all this about downloading new software?!*

..That does sound pretty close. She has a very lively voice. I kinda like it.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Lol for some reason our PC likes to think that REALPLAYER is ACROBAT XD; wtf
In short my PC hates that file *adds to list*

Is the voice actor actualy British though? I mean it'd be cheaper to hire an american actor who can do the accent.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hard to tell, but it could be..

Super Bon Bon

Super Bon Bon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
personally i'm relieved, I was expecting something really really horrid. but I like NiGHTS voice (: I think it's cute.
the music sounds good so far too.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
That clip... really does sound like her. Well, she sounds good in that as well. I'm very hopeful now. Also, it made me work out where I'd heard the voice before- it sounds like a newsreader to me XD I agree that NiGHTS' voice sounds a bit higher and almost smoother, but it's very, very alike and it might be more put on.

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
NiGHTS' Voice is kinda like "C'mon, Will! Let's go get some tea and scones!"

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
It's official, I don't like NiGHTS' voice. Not the acting so much as the casting.

The music on the other hand, holy **** on a **** sandwich this it's incredible! It's everything I wanted and more. It's so whimsical, so happy. For the first time since hearing this game was confirmed I'm actually hopeful of the end results.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I honestly would have imagined more people to dislike NiGHTS' voice but the turn out has been pretty impressive, i must say. It's pretty obvious why to some of you you don't like the sound of it but i really think we should be giving it a bit more of a chance. Trust me, they honestly could have done a whoooole lot worse. When we first heard about voice actors we were worried we'd be lumped with something similar to that female genie in Sonic and the Secret Rings ...now THAT would be a sh!t voice. But, i reckon they've got it close to 'better' than 'shitter' in my opinion.

As for Lara Croft herself. Lol, i played the the first game and hated it. She's never appeared to me as 'this sexy action chick' that the company are trying to portray her as and her games seem pretty dull. But her voice and NiGHTS' voice sound pretty similar.
Speaking of which, i'm STILL racking my brains out trying to think of where i've heard a similar voice say a very similar sentence. It can't of been Serious Sam since i've never played it and i don't watch Hollyoaks, lol XD
I'm currently scanning my brain for every computer game, anime and movie i've ever seen. For some reason, my mind keeps locking on to a fighting game of some kind and i don't know why. Either that or the voice of some kind of kids show on BBC1 or something o_O

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
My first initial reaction to hearing NiGHTS voice was thinking it sounded a bit too feminine, as I was hoping for a deeper toned female voice, but after listening to it a couple of times, and looking at an image of him at the same time, I dunno, I think it actually fits well. The voice to me comes off as mature, but playful at the same time, and I like that. Fits NiGHTS personality very well I think. It will take some getting used to though, since I've viewed NiGHTS as having a more male oriented voice.

Enjoyed the music as well, hopefully this game will be filled with music that will be loved and remembered for years to come, just like the original. :) Many thanks to Niraven and Digi/TRiPPY for sharing all this exciting info. :D This holiday season is sure to be filled with much awesomeness. lol

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I cant believe anyone hasnt mentioned this before. HOLY f*!*ing SQUEE DO I HEAR WORKING LINKS?!

As for the VA, I havent got a single problem with her voice. It sounds great to me. Think of how much worse it could be. And then think of the fact that it really isnt bad at all. And then forget all that sh!t and realize that we are 3 months away from the first seuql in 11 years. OH MY f*!*ing SQUEE.

Nightingale

Nightingale

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

[Lara Croft's] voice and NiGHTS' voice sound pretty similar.

Thank you Digi, now I'm imagining Angelina Jolie flying around the sky in purple tights. ... Oh wait, that was "The Cradle of Life." Never mind then. XD (No, I'm NOT listening to the clip; I'd rather first hear it when I actually have the game.) Massive thank yous to the insider as well, this is so neat!

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
I... I have to admit that I am *highly* amused by NiGHTS' VA in this. XD

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
Will's voice made me lawl with it's similarity to the skit done of him in the most recent Dreamcast... XD

I suspect NiGHTS' VA is American - all us genuine Brits know no one over here actually speaks with such a cut-glass accent like that aside from news readers and the Queen~ it has such a "Hollywood English" feel to it. D:

I'm not sold yet... I think I need to hear more and see NiGHTS actually saying it before I'll be able to accept it 100%. Ahaha...

I'll admit one thing though... it sounds really sexy . "C'mon Will, let's have some fun!" aye aye missus... :mellow:

The music on the other hand, holy **** on a **** sandwich this it's incredible!

You get cookies for quoting YGO Abridged Series. Super special awesome cookies in America. :D The music does sound rather nice~! And with the sound effects too! Whaaa! It was niggling slightly in my head that all this new info might have been a hoax so I was taking it with a pinch of salt... but that music and the sounds... it's just so NiGHTS! *breathes* No doubts in my mind now. It's happeninggg~! *heart* I hope the music changes with the Alife like in NiD~ I'm sure it'd sound even more gorgeous with some variations~ *_*

NiGHTS' voice gives him super strength!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

Will's voice made me lawl with it's similarity to the skit done of him in the most recent Dreamcast... XD

*lmao* trust me you weren't the only one amused by that, DiGi already has funny things in his brain, beware.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Deleted Jof's post due to reasons out of our control.

If anybody wants to know what happened to that 'other topic' concerning recent news, just know it has been removed for reasons out of our control.

Stick on topic with this tread. Any questions then note one of the admins. Thank you.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Deleted Jof's post due to reasons out of our control.

If anybody wants to know what happened to that 'other topic' concerning recent news, just know it has been removed for reasons out of our control.

Stick on topic with this tread. Any questions then note one of the admins. Thank you.

Fair enough. Apologies. No more shall be said on the matter ; ).

Seems our mystery voice actor has a connection though. Im not entirley conviced its that actress I mentioned earlier. Specially since we both thought it could be from some Kids program...

The mystery remains !

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
This is sooo cool, um the voice kinda caught me off guard but yeah, i think it can work ^^. Kinda sounds like it could also work for a young guy's voice. Does this mean, they'll refer to NiGHTS as a she in the game manual now?

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
The voice really suprised me. I was thinking first of all that SonicTeam would leave NiGHTS without a voice. But, once I heard that he was supposed to have a voice, I was thinking that ST would give NiGHTS a voice that wouldn't imply any specific gender. SHOCK SHOCK! :mellow:

Anyways anyways anyways. NiGHTS' voice and music is going to be added to this topic very soon. *runs off*

Although I couldn't hear the music very clearly, it actually sounded pretty decent. It definetly reminded me of a Spring Valley setting, and it really kept with the whole NiGHTS theme.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Fair enough. Apologies. No more shall be said on the matter ; ).

*nods* :mellow:

Aaaaanyways, yeah. NiGHTS sounds sexy. I would certainly give that a tap or two. ..... ... what? I'm just being honest. o.o

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

I honestly would have imagined more people to dislike NiGHTS' voice but the turn out has been pretty impressive, i must say. It's pretty obvious why to some of you you don't like the sound of it but i really think we should be giving it a bit more of a chance. Trust me, they honestly could have done a whoooole lot worse. When we first heard about voice actors we were worried we'd be lumped with something similar to that female genie in Sonic and the Secret Rings ...now THAT would be a sh!t voice. But, i reckon they've got it close to 'better' than 'shitter' in my opinion.

Imma seeing NiGHTS's VA thing kinda like the thing with NiGHTS's new suit.:

1/2 the fandom was really upset about it, but (practically) everyone got past it after a week or so.

I'm kinda glad that it's a female VA, though. I could see, like, 20+ ways a male voice actor could screw up than a female one. And I'm glad that NiGHTS didn't end up sounding like a 13-year old spoiled brat. Plus, I noticed a few parts where NiGHTS sounded kinda 'in the middle' between genders, but that might just be me.

No matter what happens, some people are gonna be happy, some aren't. I just kinda hope that it doesn't come down to that because NiGHTS has a female voice, 1/2 of the fandom doesn't even play the game >_>.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

*nods* :mellow:

Aaaaanyways, yeah. NiGHTS sounds sexy. I would certainly give that a tap or two. ..... ... what? I'm just being honest. o.o

O.O
Me too. o.o
*backs up DiGi*

Tails Doll

Tails Doll

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Oh... A little of this; a little of that.<br /><br />I really love racing and NiGHTS, though. :D
I feel a little.... awkward?
That's what NiGHTS sounds like?

Funny, I was never really sure what she sounded like, but I guess it is pretty good.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

I feel a little.... awkward?
That's what NiGHTS sounds like?

Funny, I was never really sure what she sounded like, but I guess it is pretty good.

Well, depends who's dreaming of NiGHTS ;).

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
The voice itself isn't bad. I actually rather like it - I didnt imagine NiGHTS sounding female, but I *did* imagine him sounding more proper and elegant.

I'll reserve final judgment until I hear more lines and, especially, until I see a cutscene in which he speaks. That'll let me decide if the voice really fits or not.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
That voice... call me nutty, but I can't help thinking of Tikal from Sonic Adventure 1, at least in the whispy-ness of it...

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
I like NiGHTS's voice, it reminds me of........I dunno.....just someone mature, yet playful and I think that's what SEGA was going for in the game. And besides, it could be sooooooo much worse. They could have stuck him with AMY's voice or the 360 princess lady's voice....or *shudder* Rouge......BLECH!! And I said earlier to a friend, that SEGA was probably making NiGHTS genderless by making him LOOK masculine and SOUND feminine.....lousy attempt, but still.....And I've also pictured NiGHTS sounding more masculine that this.....but I like how it turned out. As for Willy-Will......he SOUNDS like a better character than we anticipated. YAAAAAAY FOR SEGA GIVING NiGHTS SOME DECENT DIALOGUE!!! ;)

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
I never actually intended to post here...

...but does it sound to anyone else like "Hey! He ran off!" was spoken by NiGHTS instead of Will? The voice sounds the same.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

*nods* :)

;) For some reason, hearing that from you creeps me out. Don't know why...

I guess I never did mention it before but I think Will's voice is ok. (Then again I probably wouldn't have cared either way.)

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Awesome. I want to play this right now.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I think I am feeling physical pain from not playing this game. I crave it so much.
Just thank god I bought A wii when I did so that is out of the way. and the games paid for. but this wait oh >_

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
*pops in late as usual XD*

Alright NiGHTS' voice! Here goes X3:

Initially I thought it sounded too femenine,.... then I heard it again... and again... then I left it alone, and just kept imagining the voice in my head.. and slapped an image of NiGHTS actually speaking the line and acting all.. whimsical LoL. Then I realized, hey, it does sound a bit androgonous... but I can't say %100 for sure yet. But right now, it doesn't sound too bad =3, I guess I'll need more lines to know for sure

but I agree with 'DeepLoner' Will's voice and NiGHTS's voice did sound pretty similar O.o, it took me a sec to realize that it was dialogue between 2 people XD

Now on to the music:

ME LOVE!!! Hearing it along with the sound effects totally brought me back to the original... tingly feeling all around :lol: hee hee! *guggles like a tiny child on Christmas XD*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
does this mean more official media of the levels being played will come forth so we can hear and see the game in its full glory? Oh god I hope so.

JadeMare

JadeMare

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

*nods* :lol:

You ain't the only one. X3

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

Well I have something that will help you focus: control and mode bombshell, and much much more, plus you're not going to believe what a special gift we get tomorrow. =] We're playing NiGHTS.

I love you! PLEASE TAKE MY BABIES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users