Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS' voice and Music

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Right. We have found a way to view the videos and me and TRiPPY just saw them both just now. We're in the process of updating things so you all can see it for yourself very soon.

What i will say while TRiPPY updates stuff is... 'be ready' !! XD

This is what happened. I heard NiGHTS' voice and i was indeed shocked. Who said it? Who said Lara Croft in the previous topic? You've earned yourself a cookie. Well done. Anyways, after hearing the voice i realized i wasn't too keen on it. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and by the time i came back i actually liked it....which was a whole 5 minutes of turmoil, lol. XD NiGHTS' voice will be something that you'll need to get use to and for some of you, it may take some time. But after listening to it a couple of times it really honestly isn't that bad. It's acceptable.

Anyways anyways anyways. NiGHTS' voice and music is going to be added to this topic very soon. *runs off*
Will - "Oh. He ran orf!" <:P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
OK WORKING ON IT.

Crap so much is going on today @_@ *tries to focus*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Who said it? Who said Lara Croft in the previous topic? You've earned yourself a cookie. Well done.

YAY 8D! *munches on Cookie*

Wait, so... NiGHTS does indeed sound like Lara? I can see where this is going... XD; .

Let's just say Imma not going to be surprised of the PS3 and 360 games have a big-boobed, big-assed NiGHTS wearing tight shorts and tight half-shirt.

I go now O_O''.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
*waits*

Ah so much stuff is coming out roght now! *glee*

I never played Tomb Raider or watched the films so I couldn't tell you what Lara sounds like :/
But if DiGi says it's acceptable I believe him ^^""

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I've only played on L.C game aaaages ago, so I can't remember her voice D= XD Hopefully it's not just a nice sounding voice, but decently acted as well? If it's nice to listen to on it's own that's OK, but if the emotions are bad or silly... eh. Just ahve to wait and see. -excited- I'm more worried about how Helen's voice is probably going to end up far far too high at the moment =\

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

OK WORKING ON IT.

Crap so much is going on today @_@ *tries to focus*

Well I have something that will help you focus: control and mode bombshell, and much much more, plus you're not going to believe what a special gift we get tomorrow. =] We're playing NiGHTS.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
HOLY sh!t THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVAAAAAAAAAAR!!!
The videos are up. Go to the JoD news page as we can't link directly to it in here.
GOGOGOGO!!!!

HyperShadow

HyperShadow

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
oh wow this stuff is excellent!

can't say I'm TOO pleased about the voice acting, but as trippy said, it aint that bad. Could have been MUCH worse really.
Actually, Sega's major problem has been the dialogue itself rather than the voice acting *sonic adventure flashback* - *shudder*

"Come on then, shall we have some fun?"

Not the kind you're thinking, Mr. Vaginapenis lady.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD *pats DiGi on the head*

I think we should have breakfast now, i'm like WIRED.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
*listens to it*

Hmm.... it's not as bad as I thought it would be. NiGHTS sounds like Lara, but not A LOT like her. And, NiGHTS sounds kinda androgynous at some points.

It's basically how I imagined NiGHTS, but a little more with a man's voice, and not with a British Accent.

I'm happy ^_____^!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

Well I have something that will help you focus: control and mode bombshell, and much much more, plus you're not going to believe what a special gift we get tomorrow. =] We're playing NiGHTS.

O.O

ARGH i've had like 8 glee heartattacks thismorning people, think of my poor inner fangirl ;_;

Niraven dear, you know that your 'special gift' is most probably Sega going to lead you into booth and sniper you right? XD
*snort* This is great. Best week ever.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
The voice is not bad...but all I see in my head is some random woman speaking. Can't connect it to NiGHTS just yet. At least she sounds rather posh ^^ Sounds like poor NiGHTS will have many a corny line to come though, poor chap :P

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
*happy floaty buzz!* Augh, I wonder if I can sneak online at work just in case we hear more! Anyway, FANTASTIC stuff guys! The music is gorgeous, and it still feels like NiGHTS... mmm, very happy at that! As for NiGHTS' voice, it did surprise me a bit at first.. but I looked at a pic of NiGHTS while listening. My first thought was 'Peter Pan!', which was so amusing and charming to me at 6:30am, I'm loving it more and more!

And Niraven, you are the luckiest person on Earth! Have fun! And thanks again, all of you! :3

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Dance, Theatre, Video Games, Hawtness, Random Shiz
Well at very least I know the sound track is prolly good enough to have.
That said, I still REALLY hope there is some form of alteration to it as before.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Music is nice, I like it a lot.

As for the voice, it works. What would be interesting is if NiGHTS had a female voice for Will and a male one for Helen. Or perhaps alternated between each kids voice (Helen's for Will, Will's for Helen). Just speculation though.

Mary Poppins.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
THIS IS SO f*!*ing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS HOW I TRULY FEEL!!!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
*heart rate normalizing*

f*** yeah..
Can't wait to hear that track in stereo..
You sure weren't kidding.. NiGHTS is a brit! Hm..

I want that Sega shirt..

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I want that dudes wrist-watch! XD

Anyways, i think i've heard that voice before. When he says "Shall we have some fun?" i just know i've heard it somewhere else before but i just can't figure out where. It was another game and i don't think it was Tomb Raider either. *thinks-thinks*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Anyways, i think i've heard that voice before. When he says "Shall we have some fun?" i just know i've heard it somewhere else before but i just can't figure out where. It was another game and i don't think it was Tomb Raider either. *thinks-thinks*

Same here.

I don't really know a lot of serious female video game voice actors, though, so I'll probably never figure it out >_>... XD; .

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Well....I can't stand it. Hasn't been 5 min though. I was hoping for it to be a little less female like but oh well. I am confused though, I didn't know they picked the English voice actor already. I thought they only had the Japanese one. So this is he voice we will hear on the American games? If so I am hopeing I can change it to Japanese voice but that doesn't seem likly. I guess the reason I don't like the voice is simply I don't like British accent all that much. I'm sorry....but it bothers me for some reason. I mean really bothers me. Its one of the reasons I have trouble watching the Harry Potter movies too. Digi and TRiPPY accent doesn't bother me too much though. Not sure why...I guess it depends on just how much of the accent you use. I don't know. I miss the old NiGHTS voice...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
It does make me wonder what NiGHTS sounds like now when he's hit.. I think keeping the old sound effect would probably be the best idea..

I'm also curious.. I assume his lips move when he talks? I wonder if it looks strange..

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Digi and TRiPPY accent doesn't bother me too much though.

They should not bother you at all, mate. Our voices are golden, lol. XD

But, yeah. I was also thinking about the lip-syncing. I don't ever remember Sega being that good with lip-syncing...though that being said, Sega have always lip-synced for the Japanese voices first where as it seems they're doing it the other way around this time for NiGHTS.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

It does make me wonder what NiGHTS sounds like now when he's hit.. I think keeping the old sound effect would probably be the best idea..

I'm also curious.. I assume his lips move when he talks? I wonder if it looks strange..

I think I did hear the old sound effects... not too sure.

And, I'd say yes to his lips moving :3.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
NiGHTS sayig 'shall we have some fun' sounds SO familliar and it's driving me crazy but I'm not sure it's from a game. It reminds me of toddler programs a bit XD What?!

ANYWAY. -squees with theforce of ten thousand suns-

Anyway, I really like NiGHTS' voice. Sounds a lot more mature than I'd have thought and I like that angle. Of course it's not just if the voice sounds nice, it's also if the voice sounds right emotion wise, something can sound nice but incorrect or een jjust potentially nice I 'spose. Still, seems good. Also, the voice is quite... posh maybe, which is interesting. not expected. Hope Wil doesn't have a posh voice though =\

And the music is very nice, very pretty, and really made me think of NiGHTS, which is good.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Old sound effects are there o'course, but what with NiGHTS's speaking voice, wonder if that might affect in game grunts.. might sound funny to hear him speak with a clear voice like that and revert to the 'Mickey' in-game :P

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
NiGHTS' voice was not what I expected. It'll defiantly take some getting used to... but I like the accent and that she, like Ayries said, sounds mature rather than the typical dub-version of an anime girl ¬_¬

The music sounds really nice. Thank you Niraven!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I still really want to know what the boss music sounds like. For some reason I am more interested in that the the level music. I still listen to the old boss songs but not so much the normal level songs anymore.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I still really want to know what the boss music sounds like. For some reason I am more interested in that the the level music. I still listen to the old boss songs but not so much the normal level songs anymore.

Ditto.

The boss music always grabs my attention more.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

I assume his lips move when he talks? I wonder if it looks strange..

I was talking to DiGi about that lastnight because the ONLY expression Sega ever shows NiGHTS with is the sidesmile™

Sooooo i was hoping that they dont do the SonicAdventure 1 *JAW DISLOCATION* thing Sonic does when he talks XD; But at the same time i don't want him to have a scary FROZENFACE that doesnt move or show emotion because NiGHTS' primary designs were all about mad character expression, so they better animate our guy well. Or enemy crabs will appear in the office.

I also keep wondering what he'll look like with the masqerade masks on covering his eyes. Very Dame Edna. I love it *snort*

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
Gah... im still getiting used to hearring him like that... but at least it can be gottoen used to.... i mean they could habvechosen a MUCH worse acoter for the job...
its not htat bad...

but aside from all theat...

SQUEEEEEE!!! OMG!
i cant take tjhis... my handsa are literrally shakking forkmss all the excitnem,t!!
(does a jiggl4e)
YOU ALL SHOULD BE WORASHIPEED
(TAKES Abrake to calme down... i cant even type corredctly... too muc excitrment!)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Lol Lazy, you didn't want to be us guys lastnight pulling our hair out over trying to get these videos up @_@ I got so stressed out i ended up with doomheadache, my left eye swelt up and i was ordered to bed. My eye is thankfully back to regular TRiPPY sizes today.

Today I'm just happy. we had a lot of good things happen (even things not connected to JoD) in the past couple of days and I'm glad you guys are around for it. It's such a shame that in 1996 the internet wasn't all that popular because fans back then would have really apreciated stuff like this. I'm really glad i made this place sometimes ^-^ *hugs you all*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Lol Lazy, you didn't want to be us guys lastnight pulling our hair out over trying to get these videos up @_@ I got so stressed out i ended up with doomheadache, my left eye swelt up and i was ordered to bed. My eye is thankfully back to regular TRiPPY sizes today.

Today I'm just happy. we had a lot of good things happen (even things not connected to JoD) in the past couple of days and I'm glad you guys are around for it. It's such a shame that in 1996 the internet wasn't all that popular because fans back then would have really apreciated stuff like this. I'm really glad i made this place sometimes ^-^ *hugs you all*

Well I feel special now. :lol:

Anyway, I listened to the voice again and again and its been well over an hour....I still don't like it. I wonder if I will ever get used to it. Maybe once we start playing the game and hearing it all the time maybe then most of us will be used to it. I guess people who play Tomb Raider wouldn't mind the voice. I am not a big Lara Croft fan though (In fact I hate those games.) so that just makes it worse. But who knows. NOw I am worried about what my boyfriend is going to say when he hears this. I will never hear the end of it.....

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I've been listening to it again while looking at the cover for the game and I really LOVE the voice now ^^ I think it ties well in with his new design and ah I dunno it just fits.
I'm really pleased they didn't make him sound all squeaky and young too. I really can't wait to get my hands on this game now!!

Only thing I need now to make this day perfect is a pic of new Reala :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oh yeahhhh.. speaking of Reala... he's in a different version of the opening FMV that Niraven hasn't seen, i heard from Sega. Perhaps there is alternative openings.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Im right there with you on that voice sounding so familiar... but where goddamit. I have morning kids cartoons stuck in my mind for some reason. But Im not even sure if where I regognize it from was an entity. It remids me of like.. a floating voice.. out a machine or .. toy or something. Narrator maybye. Gah.

Other than that, the voice could be alot worse. I'm still a bit on the fence, as I'll admit I usually percieve NiGHTS as being more male, specially with the Storybook illustrations and such like. But I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I'm dying for the game now. And a Wii. My friend went into town during school today and bought one on a spur of the moment payday thing. I hate him.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Oh yeahhhh.. speaking of Reala... he's in a different version of the opening FMV that Niraven hasn't seen, i heard from Sega. Perhaps there is alternative openings.

!!

Hero and Dark, anyone?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD Poor Jof.

Actualy the first name i thought of when hearing the voice stuff was jane from the Tarzan Disney movie *lmao* I know i know, the voice is so familiar, DiGi has been ranting about it all day because it's bugging him.

And yeah Viper. Reala FMV. That's one of the things i most wanted in a new game, FMV of the bosses, 'specialy Reala. If there is no Wizeman FMV however i will cry. (Then roll down a hill)

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

QUOTE(TRiPPY @ Aug 24 2007, 11:41 AM)

!!

I second that !!!
Reala in an FMV *dies* I bet it's just a short flash though.
Maybe the opening will change once you've seen the different bosses.
I'm thinking of Wild Arms 3 here, the opening changed (as in we saw shots of the bosses, but otherwise it was the same) after you beat stages of the game. So it could be like that...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
That would be awesome :lol:

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
I think seeing Reala in a FMV is going to scare the crap out of me. I still want to see it...but its still going to be scary. Also, maybe there is another AMV opening that you see if you leave the game on the title screen. I mean thats what the old game did...or was that the sampler version that did that. Damn I haven't played the game in awhile....

--edit--
Oh and another thing....have we found out Phuckles real name yet? O.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users