Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Auchinawa is back next year (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
See.. whenever I stay off a topic for a long time.. this happens. XD And I feel like I've walked into some kind of a circus. :)

....WOO, AUCHIII!

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Bah! :lol: We just kinda lumped him into the maren pile when no one was looking since there was no exact telling what he was. Either way. He's still a green, white, and black dream BUNNY THING.

But yeah, I know that the new system you have going (however it works since I'm long out of the loop *WHINES with separation from the crazy Scot woman*) isn't like the old one. XD But I remember some of the old talks and jokes about "iMAGNi House USA" and "iMAGNi House UK" and all that fun riot stuff and thought that I would mention it.

As much fun as it would be for us to pack up and trip it to Scotland for Auchinawa to see j00, red bean, Ten, Phage, Kato, and myself will be short short short on funds for a while. Maybe within the next year after or the one after that we can make it. D:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Lol yeah we were going to have crazy loonhouses, which reminds me i need some kind of nameplate for our new houses front door XD;
I hope Auchi turns into a yearly thing eventualy like other cons because i would still very much like to meet you peoples and have a laugh. There's only so much the internet allows. I do so enjoy my crazy conversations.
*points to people who went to Auchi last year*

salem norongachi

salem norongachi

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Drinking and being drunk XD<br />I used to enjoy the odd doodle, though these days all i can muster is a shoddy Oekaki pic :( <br />I love to write and RP, i think thats my main passion these days :)<br />I am a major game freak and it wasn't until wayyyy after NiGHTS was released that i actually played it though when i got my Saturn off a mate i had Christmas NiGHTS and played it often but i had no idea it was such a popular game 0_0<br />It was Kiara/Avenrir/Nightmaren or whatever handle you know her by that introduced me to the actual NiGHTS into Dreams game and my god was i addicted, i ain't a hardcore fan like most of the folks here but i love that purple dude and i think thats enough XD
*is pointed at*

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Indeed. The three of us flew out to Texas and stayed with Kato to attend the dear Soldier Bee's wedding. Before and after, we all made fools of ourselves and had a grand ol' time. XD I hope if nothing else, I can get out there to attend.

Slightly off topic, but still forum related: May the old dream diary request thread of a moment of your time? *turns on the midgit wibble power*

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Faintly off topic but related, is that for other UK peeps, the weekend of awesome that is Amecon is also running again this year. Ame is in August, in Leicester and is the biggest anime con in the UK. I've been to all three so far and they've all been brilliant.

Not to mention, registrations open in the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out. It is gonna be awesome.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Auchinawa group have updated their website and inform us that the date for the con is 14th - 16th November, 2008. It will be held at the Glasgow Holiday Inn Airport. Knowing the group behind this event, expect them to change their minds 200 times before the convention finally happens. ;)

And, damn. This sh!t is gonna cost us if they're still plan on charging us with the £50 per person entry fee. Considering a hotel room for me and Lynne for the two nights, if we book now, is already £120-something. Looking at over £200 already. ¬_¬

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Eek, Holiday Inn? Lol, never been to one of those. I'm still determined to go damnit, but I have to save up *loads* of money X_x

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
i've never been to glasgow airport in my life- wheeeeeeee i don't know how to get there. Awesome.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
XD before Auchi last year I'd never been to Scotland, let alone Glasgow XD So I reckon I'm gonna get lost very easily on the way this year.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Haha so the first day will be tumbleweed and lost cosplayers trying to get swords through customs.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Last year was easier for us since a bus from the end of TRiPPY's road goes to Glasgow's bus terminal and it's just a short walk from there. But the airport hotel? That seems a bit out-of-ways. Staying at the hotel during the convention is the most convenient option for us since TRiP carries a bundle of stuff with her. I dont particularly wanna be carrying that stuff around Glasgow again for 3 days, my love. If we're going, we need to get a room at the Holiday Inn.

Either way, it's a rape on the ol' wallet, i must say. Still, lets wait and see what happens. They might change the venue again like they done last year.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
It's starting to look like I'm going to study in Scotland during early summer rather than fall so I don't think I'll be going abroad twice. :) I'm looking forward to seeing Scotland but it's a shame I won't make it to the con. I was looking forward to doing my Pyramid Head dance routine for you guys.

I'm really tempted to just mail my Pyramid Head costume overseas so that at least somebody can get photos of PH with NiGHTS. That's an opportunity that shouldn't be missed. The costume should fit anybody about 183cm tall with a lean build, so if there are any takers let me know.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I'm afraid I wouldn't fit in if I went.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
That's generaly how me and DiGi felt lastyear. I wont lie, a lot of it did feel awkard (i mean i'd never been to a convention before). I think the most annoying part was 'convention in-jokes'- none of which i found funny, so we were wandering around instead chatting to cool folk who either approached us or we recognized. I think for Auchi 2 i will feel a hell of a lot more relaxed, now i know what to expect. It's not scary because a lot of people come by themselves and dont know anyone. Anime fan people seem to come in 3 groups to me at cons.

1- TOTALY INTO IT, loud in your face glompy injoke people who have their 'groups'.
2- Confused people who are new to conventions
3- Really shy people who are either Con newbies or just generaly antisocial, lol.

I'd be number 2. I felt a bit out of place and weirded out by the fact i was indeed attending a convention AND actualy wtf dressing up for it. But after the whole cosplay thing went down well i felt a lot more confident there. I had NO idea who any of the special guests were and i did feel more than a bit guilty about that *lmao*

I think my advice would be, if you have money to spare and can seriously come, then come, but if it would be really pushing the boat out then maybe leave it for Auchi 3 until the con develops more. Especialy if you're traveling all that distance.

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!

See.. whenever I stay off a topic for a long time.. this happens. XD And I feel like I've walked into some kind of a circus. :D

....WOO, AUCHIII!

:D that makes me laugh!!!! I feel that way everyday! :lol:

as for conventions. they frighten me too. I am a special guest to some here in the USA, and when people meet me...or see me. I usually get mauled. One girl followed me around so much, I actually had to ask security to ask her to stop.
As for 'in jokes' there are some things I don't think the conventioners even agree on.

^.^&

it's fun other then that thoe. I do enjoy seeing all the art and fantastic costumes!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

laugh.gif that makes me laugh!!!! I feel that way everyday! laugh.gif

Ahahahaa literally. That must be the best thing ever. I would drown happy in feathers and sparklies then come home coughing up sequins. *dream*

It's s a shame i didn't get to see a lot of art at Auchi, though i remember doing a 5 min portrait of a complete stranger XD

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!

Ahahahaa literally. That must be the best thing ever. I would drown happy in feathers and sparklies then come home coughing up sequins. *dream*

It's s a shame i didn't get to see a lot of art at Auchi, though i remember doing a 5 min portrait of a complete stranger XD

^.^ You should SO apply to work here! There are SO many jobs opening for artists and costumers! we have several new European shows opening, and more that are going to JAPAN, China, and Dubai. :rolleyes:

I would love to see your talent here.

I cough glitter and feathers everyday, and I still enjoy it. ;D

I think also you should SO bring your art to the convention. I bet you could auction it of for boucoup Moola!

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
First convention I went to (Ayacon 05) I felt very out of place too~ I didn't know anyone and was too shy to talk to new people... I spent the vast majority of the time wandering about quite alonesome or in artists alley doodling. I also didn't eat in order to save money which didn't help. XD When I went to Ame this year it was much better... I think it's just first con jitters, you're never sure what to expect. XD I think going to many London Expos has gotten me more relaxed too. If conventions are ever too expensive for people Expos are great - cheap to get in and tons of hotels around~ the only problem is travel but if you book in advance it's much cheaper. ^_^

I'm defo going to Auchi~! I'll probs be cosplaying something too~ I'm scouting about for hotels near the airport (though I won't book until the Auchi committee releases the prices of the on-site rooms... and, well, they say 100% that the venue and date aren't going to change). But it's an airport! There's tons of hotels around there~ If anyone wants to do a roomshare I'm up for it. :) £40 per night is ouch, split between four people is yey! \^o^/ Late night silliness is an added bonus~

I just hope they have places you can buy food nearby... I don't think anything will beat the yummy burger van at Ame... '_'

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Just incase people start asking me, *I* have never been to Glasgow airport either. XD

However, I do think there is a bus service which should take you to the airport from the train station.

As stated though, the venue may be subject to change...It is still about a year away (Criminy, better start work on my costume XD).
However, we should be in good standing with keeping up to date, after all, I have one of the team members who helps run it on my MSN list, so I can ask him how likely it is to change and we should get any news about it changing in good stead. ^^

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Bumping this up to say that the dates have been set! 14-16th of November.

MOAR INFO HERE

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Also bumping this topic to say registrations are open

http://www.auchinawa...hp/Registration

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
I'm registereddd~! Hurry up guys~ there are only 300 places in total and over half of them have gone within the first 24 hours! O_O *whipcrack*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I wonder if what'll happen last time will happen again, with people registering and not turning up to claim their tags, it was weird.

Wyld will you be selling your comic there? I want to buy itttttttttt. Actually i want to advertise it in the back of mine if i can, keep meaning to ask you.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
*stumbles around jingling a preserves jar with a quarter in it* This is my Scotland Jar! Donations! Donations! *sneezes* I'm cold and hungry... and I want to be cold and hungry in Scotland instead! *LOL*

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I wonder if what'll happen last time will happen again, with people registering and not turning up to claim their tags, it was weird.

Wyld will you be selling your comic there? I want to buy itttttttttt. Actually i want to advertise it in the back of mine if i can, keep meaning to ask you.

So they paid their membership then didn't get their tags/didn't actually attend? Eeediots.

And yup yup~ comic is due to be printed in time for London Expo in May~ 8D *needs to hurry up drawing it* Ahaha, I should be doing it right now actually but... yeesees. I'm not sure on SD's advertising policy (cos I'd love to return the favour!); they may be open to promoting other budding UK comickers. :3 Something I'll have to see about.

The onsite rooms are doubles... I'm going to check with a friend of mine if they're going so I can share with them... £65 a night is pretty steep... but if anyone is stuck for a room buddy and my mate cancels, I'm here! :(

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
O_O; AUCHINAWA IS NOW FULL. No more spaces. If GC hadn't PM'd me thismorning i would've missed it. Me and DiGi were the last 2 spaces. Gawwwd. Thanks GC! We shall have bustop banter oncemore!

Wyld, that'd be awesome ^^ But don't worry if it's something they wont do, I'm just keano to promote your art because its so bubblegummy candy swirly sparkly colorful, i can see my readers enjoying your work. Must do you fanart at some point since you've already done so much for me!

Auchi... wow... it's snuck up so fast. I should REALLY make a start on those 2 costumes >_>;

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Trip, you aint the only one honey. So glad you got in at the end thar :D *hug*

Lol, not so yay cosplay procrastination? *hunts down white wigs*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
At first i thought GC was exagerating... i thought 'wtf no WAI can Auchi be full allready!' and then i was struck by the horrible FEAR that because i registered first I'd have the last place and DiGi wouldnt be able to register O_O Luckily there was 1 remaining space.

Can't wait to see you again ^^ This time i wont be wandering around like a lost sheep. I hope those drum guys come back they were really good.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
XD whereas I'm -more- likely to be wandering like a lost sheep XD

There had better be a coffehouse nearby. That's what myself and Thalia lived on last time XD That and Pizza. And terrifying the locals by wandering around in a big group of cosplayers to get said pizza XD

As soon as I see you trip, you're getting a massive hug XD

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
Haha yeah, I was talking to GC on MSN at the time when he registered, and he was like "crud there's only 2 spots left! I better tell DiGi and TRiPPY!"

Just as well you happened to be online in time to see it. D:

I have a question; are these two costumes the ones you told us about last Auchi? :D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
>_> Well to be honest we originaly wanted to cosplay as Tillis and Shou from Burning rangers.... but that size of a project when i aint worked on any of it would be impossible to do on time (especialy with our situation right now).

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

>_> Well to be honest we originaly wanted to cosplay as Tillis...

If you dont... can I steal that idea? *_* It's that or Candy from Fighting Vipers for me~ XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
romg, either would be awesome! I always wanted to cosplay Candy too XD HER SKIIIIIIRT ohgod. Red PVC is the best stuff ever.

I really should get started on the Claris and Elliot thing XD; I've been so busy nitpicking over my costume for Tuesday. I have to try it all on again tonight to check it still bloody fits me/has no rips/legs wont fall off when im in london.

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
It's not her skirt I want... it's her shooooes. Thigh high PVC yummies. *____* My mum used to tell me off for playing as her (she'd always say "don't choose that slutty looking one again")... aha~ but there's something about split-personality clothes designers I could't resist~ X3

I'm sure you'll be fine~ pack in some sewing thread (better still, some pritt stick!) and anything that does happen can be fixed up asap. You better take loads of photees for the rest of us!

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Augh, I would have really wanted to go... alas, no monies makes it difficult. *tear* I'LL BE THERE IN SPIRIT~

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
I don't even know if my cheque has got there in time D: They should update their damn member list after every day's post! >:(

I bloody well hope it got there in time, because I really really wanna go. That, and it's not nice to let my friend go on her own :(

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Hope that worked out Fen.

OK, after some chinwaggling and sketching today DiGi and i have settled on 2 costumes to TRY make for November... TWO. ARGH. Right now it's a secret (lets see how long that lasts lol) but if i can make these 2 NiGHTS related costumes for DiGi and i for Auchinawa, bluebirds may just shoot outta my behind.

The concept sketch of DiGi's costume was so badass i may just cry.

MAKE MUST.

.. soon T.T

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I haven't given up yet! >:/ Things are looking a bit shabby for me when it comes to money at the moment, but I've got time. I'm not blindly believing I'm gonna be there, but I'm trying still.

Costuuumes.... :o Last time I made a costume, it was SonSon and I wore it in high school.. Dear god what was I thinking.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I didn't register but I wanted to visit Scotland at Auchinawa since it sounds like quite a few of the forum goers will be there. What are my options if I do go? Would I even be able to see you guys?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users