Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transformers Movie

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, it's been the only film i've ever seen twice in the actual cinema. I have never put money twice on a film while it's actually showing because i don't want to waste money but the experience of watching that thing on the big screen deserved my cash.

I know it's different from the cartoon with story sections and vehicle models being changed but, ya know, when it comes as being this good, i don't care. I was actually more pissed off with the original cartoon film from the 1980's due to the fact that they made the film and killed off Optimus Prime, along with half a ton of other characters. Damn, if they make NiGHTS JoD as kick ass as they did Transformers then i don't care what they do to NiGHTS (not going to happen though but im just saying).

But, yeah. This 2007 live action movie has become my favourite movie of all time, even passing Advent Children (because i'm a bit of a FF7 fanboy). I recommend it, even if you don't really like Transformers. It's just O_______O *droooool*

Favourite Transformers of mine from the movie - Optimus Prime, obviously. He's super cool, even with a silly flame paintjob (apparently homage to the autobot Hot Rod, so i've heard). BumbleBee has become a favourite since he's a complete cool match-making character. He really bonds with the main human character, Sam, and plays songs on his radio to try and help Sam win over the heart of the girl he likes. It's really cute. XD

So, yeah. Transformers 2 please. 2009. Come OOOOON!!

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I heard it wasn't as good as it was expected to be... but even knowing that it was somethig we were thinking of going to see PURELY because the trailer looked so damn pretty. Hehe. Now I want to go see it more than ever. Even though I know literally, not a single thing about transformers beyond the fact they were toys which turned from cars into robots and suchlike.

Though, the idea of making any kind of story out of a few pieces of plastic will always make me laugh =p It's just... who looks at a plastic model of a robot and gets enough inspiration to make a plot? Just out of what something looks like? The plot wouldn't end up like the toys- plotless- would it? Still, that's just me XD

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

I was actually more pissed off with the original cartoon film from the 1980's due to the fact that they made the film and killed off Optimus Prime, along with half a ton of other characters.

Duude yes, I heard that the original TF movie was simply so they could introduce new toys. Laaame.

The Live Action movie stole my soul. I went to see it twice, wanted to see it a third, bought a slumblebee *a plush bumblebee that transforms into a beetle - I took it with me when I went to see it a second time *ahaha, I'm so lame* *, and generally go nuts whenever I see merch and stuff for it.
There were so many corny lines (eg - "LISTEN TO ME KID, YOU'RE A SOLDIER NOW!" - I swear people gave me nasty looks because I COULD JUST NOT STOP LAUGHING THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE MOVIE), Awesome actors (The geek guy who cracked the signal was also the guy who saved the day in Snakes on a Plane - Win!), and of course, Bumblebee =3

Definitely a movie I'm going to buy on DVD, as it's the kind of movie you can watch over and over again, like Zoolander XD

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Probably one of my favorite movies of the year. Definitely going to get it and 300 on DVD. Having seen the animated movie, I agree with you guys. The movie seemed to have dragged a little, like when they were looking for the glasses at Sam's house, but the last 45 minutes of the movie or so MORE than (meets the eye) made up for it. I'm wondering if/when they'll use Unicron, or are they going to take completely new elements not native to the TF universe? Ah well, time will tell.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Duude yes, I heard that the original TF movie was simply so they could introduce new toys. Laaame.

Yeah, i read about that aswell. They wanted to introduce the new set of toys and were discontinuing the old set, hence why they used the 1980's film as an excuse to kill off the old toys/cast. Thank god they brought Prime back before the cartoon ended.

As for the live action sequel. Well, Arcee, Prowl and WheelJack were also supposed to be the original line up for the film but didn't make the final cut. Arcee was set to be a purple and black motorbike. You can actually buy the action figure of it. No doubt, she'll be in the sequel. The action figure i saw looked seeeexy, especially with that purple and black paint job. ^__^

Lol. The lines were a tad cheesy, but that Sam kid really brought his character to life. I was dreading the movie when i first saw the initial trailers because i was worried that they were going to spend too much time on the human characters...but, even though a percentage of the film does go to the humans, that kid Sam really plays his part well. I'm all for him returning for the sequel. He and BumbleBee make a good match. Bee-otch!! XD

Lol, and could they do anymore blatent advertising in that film? Ebay. Ebay. Ebay. Even before the film started, we were getting adverts of Ebay XD

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
ARE YOU EBAY USER LADIESMAN217?!

ARE YOU EBAY USER LADIESMAN217?!
Seriously, I laughed more at TFs than I did at the Simpsons movie D: *Simpsons was still good, but damn I love TF's XD*
And AWESOME, Arcee is awesome and should've been in the movie anyway. Though, my favourite TF's in the movie were Bumblebee and Jazz. JIVE-TALKING PONTIAC, PEOPLE!

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Dun dun duuun!

The old 80's movie was INDEED so they could put new characters in and introduce new toys. But we know that this backfired because they BROUGHT BACK Prime eventually. While this movie was suppose to write a whole new universe that has heavy G1 influence, there were some major GLARING flaws that were never addressed.

My big one: WHERE THE FRAG IS PROWL AND THE TWINS? THEIR VOICE ACTORS ARE NOT DEAD YET!!!

And I seem to be the only person in all of existence that actually ENJOYS Megatron in the movie. XD Stuck up prick mech FTW with his Cybertronian jet mode. Sharp toothies, yessss. Granted, I still camp with the folks that think Frank Welker should have done his voice instead of Hugo Weaving, but meh. I can let it go that they used Hugo's face for Megatron's 3D facial maping, but I CAN NOT let slide that they rejected Welker for the voice for the sheer fact that they thought his voice "sounded too cartoony to match the new beastial appearance of Megatron".

>O FRAGGERS, IT FIT BETTER THAN HAVING TO CHANGE AROUND WEAVING'S VOICE! Welker can naturally make his voice pull scratchy and "holy frag, please don't look at me" kinda stuff. A little synth to that and it would have fit. Welker sounded cartoony in the cartoon, because, GASP!, it was in a cartoon. He just about LITERALLY did HALF of all characters in the cartoon. The man has done just about EVERYTHING there is to do in voice work and they wanna say that his voice didn't fit? THIS DOES NOT PLEASE. Welker sells the freaking Movie game, people...

Most people want to complain about the choking amounts of American nationalism in the movie, and while, yes, I can agree that it is VERY MUCH pro-military... it's an American made movie. XD Kinda of a no brainer. While once or twice I found myself rolling my eyes at the horribly blatant product placement (Yes, Panasonic and GMC, I AM LOOKING AT YOU. :| ) I have to say that for a movie with that AWESOME of the special effects... it's to be expected since someone has to fund the pretty pretty shiny stoofs.

But enough of my blowing steam, onto things that I DID like in the movie.

#1: Bumblebee is now one of new favorites. He has made the most radical change for the movie and it is for the AWESOME. As sad as it seems, it feels that there should be a new meme. "Everyone loves the Bee." or some such nonsense. Because, lets face it, everyone walked out going "Bumblebee ROCKS!" And you know that you giggled when he took a robotic whiz on Agent Simmons. :3 You can't hide it.

#2: Prime is DA MAN as always. And the movie only makes him better this go around. While yeah, the paintjob was a little extreme, people fail to point out one important thing. Prime did not pick the flames. XD They were on the vehicle he scanned. And they seem to pick up the paint work of the vehicles they scan. And Optimus... OPTIMUS OF ALL PEOPLE, saying "Oops, my bad." was giggle worthy. Being the horrible little Transfan that I am, I can no longer going down the road and not look at the Peterbuilts and not thing go "Teehee, Optimus. :3" But that's because I fail in real life. XD

#3: Ironhide and Ratchet. Come one Beast Wars fans, you could not have missed that they put some Rhinox in with that G1 Ratchet. As much as I LOOOAAAATHED the color scheme, he was pretty nice. He needed more lines and more character development (TWINS, PLS.) And Ironhide makes me happy for the fact that he is trigger happy and STILL an Autobot.

#4: Jazz. Good ol' Jazz, WRY R DIE? He was about the size that people were expecting Bumblebee to be and STILL managed to pull off some of the old Jazz. Who else thought that his final exchange with Megatron was note worthy on the humor that so much befits the music man?

#5. Decepticons. See above for my rant on Megatron's epic fail for voicing choice. The other Cons were awesome, and though he didn't have very many lines, Barricade is full of win. Cop car, people. Who all thought he was Prowl when the first glimpses were seen? You can put your hand down now. XD

"WHERE ARE THE GLASSES! *SLAM*

I lament that Blackout, our lovely little Soundwave replacement, wasn't give much characterization before we made him bleed his energon. Though, we shall see Scorpinock again. Myessss. Bonecrusher and Devastator were okay. Alright folks, who thought a roller blading construction machine was awesome? Though the names were a bit of a confusion since this is suppose to have G1 influence, it still worked. Once again, I lament at the lack of character development.

As for Starscream, bless, he had some nice aerial action scenes, but where is the plotting, scheming, backstabbing little Screamer that we all know and love? Oh wait... he took off into space. He'll be back. Screamer characterization in the sequel, PLEASE!

Frenzy. Come on people, you loved the little spaz and you KNOW IT. :D Especially his last line before disappearing.

(Almost forgot!)
#6: The Mountain Dew Bot, 360 Bot, and rabid little Nokia bot. YOU KNOW YOU LOVED THEM PEOPLE! DO NOT DENY IT. Tiny missiles and can ammo for the win! I wish my phone could turn into a Decepticon that I could sic on people...

All in all, despite the horrible glaring problems that most Transfans point out and go "WTF NOOOO" over, the movie is still enjoyable. I'm glad that the human dynamic was more noticeable this go around. IT'S THEIR DAMN WORLD PEOPLE. Someone's going to notice the weird stuff going on eventually. XD Though I think that they went ever so slightly overboard with it. Not much, just a little bit. This movie is a good example that "BAY ONLY DOES GOOD ACTION FLICKS" by how there is staggered plot and "LOOK, GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS, TRANSFORM NOT! :D". I still managed to enjoy it more than my health deems fit, and that's saying something. And even if you don't like Transformers, you can still enjoy it as a nice little sci-fi action flick.

To me, it's most certainly worth the money to buy the DVD when it comes out.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I dunno, being a Hugo Weaving fan myself, I'd say he wasn't THAT BAD as Megatron *though I agree that original voice actor would have been better* Scorpinock was another favourite, definitely :D

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
According to what i read on that Wikipedia article about the movie, for the sequel they wanna use the Dinobots. Am i the only person who thinks this is a bit of a shabby idea? I mean, they could use ANY OF THE TRANSFORMERS from the original storyline yet i feel using the Dinobots would just feel too similar to films like Jarrasic Park or Godzilla. Besides, i prefer tranforming cars to transforming animals.

Like BumbleBee, Jazz was also an improvement over the cartoon version. Naturally, i like the way he spoke and the breakdancing was a neat little addition to his character. Lol. "What's happening, lil bitches?" XD

I also thought Barricade was Prowl. But then i was all like "why is Frenzy working with Prowl?" o_O?? I didn't know who Barricade was until his name came onscreen. If anything, this film made me more familiar with the Decepticons since i've always been more informed of the Autobots.

Megatrons voice wasn't too bad. We all lolled when he said "Is it courage or fear that compells you, human?" because doesn't he say something similar as Agent Smith in The Matrix films? XD

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Megatrons voice wasn't too bad. We all lolled when he said "Is it courage or fear that compells you, human?" because doesn't he say something similar as Agent Smith in The Matrix films? XD

Yeah, that's the line that lets you know its Weaving. At least he didn't break into a priscilla song ^_^

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Oi, I'm a Weaving fan too, but they had to roughen his voice up digitally to make it "fit" with Megatron's appearance. There are tags of Agent Smith in Megatron.

My biggest tiff is that, if Welker sounded too cartoony, THEN WHY THE HELL IS PRIME VOICED BY PETER CULLEN? >| Welker needs no roughening up of the voice, just some mechanical synth on it.

But oh well. Perhaps we'll see Welker voicing Megatron when he appears again. As all Megatrons are want to do in TF series. XD

Though, I've not heard anything about them using the Dinobots... They haven't even brought in the other big cast members yet.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
If you guys think the movie was good you should check out the comics.

Anybody who knows me can tell you I'm a Transformer nut with a distinct preference for G1. Now, my expectations were pretty low, esspecially after I learned Michael Bay was directing. I glad to find that I enjoyed the movie a great deal, probably because Bay stuck with what he was good at...BLOWING **** UP! Sure, I was a little miffed by things like the fact the Transformers were secondary (in characterization) to the meatbags, but at least Bumblebee and Prime got some good development. Speaking of Prime, kudos to whoever had the brilliant idea of getting Peter Cullen back. I wouldn't have enjoyed the film half as much if Optimus wasn't voiced by Peter.

Now that the groundwork is laid, the sequels can focus more on the robots.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Though, I've not heard anything about them using the Dinobots... They haven't even brought in the other big cast members yet.

I'm just going by what is being added on to the Wikipedia article. There is a small section in that article that talks about the sequel and they mention that they're considering using the Dinobots. I'm guessing it's all in talking stages at the moment. Also, something that was added on to the article just yesterday - In the DVD release of this movie they're going have a special section where it shows a prequel to the sequel that they're going to make. Which should be nice.
Also, correct me if i'm wrong but is Mr. Bay actually in for the sequel?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I VOTE SHOCKWAVE FOR TF2009!!!!

*runs off screaming with a banner*

and more of Starscream plz T_T

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I really hated this movie honestly. Sure when they actually got to the giant robot action it was complete badassery, but I found it to be too much about really stupid jokes and the lackluster very 2d human characters. I wasn't expecting Shakespeare, but sh!t dude, I wanted to bitchslap whoever wrote this into next teusday.

But that is me.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
"no, i want two pieces!"

great movie, but not better than advent children *glares at digi*

exploding-man: think back to the eighties when everything was written like this, yeah, that's why this movie is awesome.

Handy Candy

Handy Candy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Kicking fish, food (which is f'in important), and drawing...stuff.
The movie is made of epic amounts of win XD Although, in real life, that hot girl would never get with Shia LeBouf *snort* Funny how I can believe in giant robots but not in something as simple as a hawt girl getting with a really geeky guy.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Nope, Bunny Man. Bay said he is NOT doing any sequel to the movie the last time I checked. XD He didn't even want to do the first one and had to be talked into it by Spielburg. Though, the Wiki also says that Shia, Megan, and Peter are willing to sign back up for the sequel, which makes me happy.

PROWL AND SOUNDWAVE, PLZ. And where's me some (Lambo) Twins?!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

PROWL AND SOUNDWAVE, PLZ.

I'd lke to see them as well, especially since Michael Bell and Frank Welker are still alive. Soundwave could properly introduce mass displacement. I'm also with TRiPPYon Screamer. Starscream needs a bigger role esspecially since
Spoiler
. Shockwave would be awesome as well. He could come in and overhrow the current leader for the sake of economy like he always does.

Also, I want to see at least one Gestalt in the sequels. Can you imagine how wesome it would be to see Devestator brought to life by Industrial Light and Magic? He'd be even bigger than Megs. Constructicons FTW.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

exploding-man: think back to the eighties when everything was written like this, yeah, that's why this movie is awesome.

Everything? Hardly. If that were true I wouldn't like ANY eighties movies.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Actually, ZeroShift... Scorpinock is still alive as well. He disappeared into the sand after his little prance through the desert with the US military and their bomb dropping planes. XD And there's a chance that Barricade's not down for the count just yet either. The only confirmed death count we have by the end of the movie is Bonecrusher (Prime's kill), Devistator (Ratchet, Jazz, and Ironhide, if I remember correctly), Blackout (who took a sable round between the legs XD), and then Megatron himself from the All Spark. I don't seem to recall any of Barricade's parts being on the ship or being dumped into the water.

The DVD needs to come out already so I can go back and watch it again. XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Actually, ZeroShift... Scorpinock is still alive as well. He disappeared into the sand after his little prance through the desert with the US military and their bomb dropping planes. XD And there's a chance that Barricade's not down for the count just yet either. The only confirmed death count we have by the end of the movie is Bonecrusher (Prime's kill), Devistator (Ratchet, Jazz, and Ironhide, if I remember correctly), Blackout (who took a sable round between the legs XD), and then Megatron himself from the All Spark. I don't seem to recall any of Barricade's parts being on the ship or being dumped into the water.

Read my post again. Starscream is the only one whose status can't be debated. Scorponok and Barricade just kind of dissapeared so nobody knows if they're dead or alive. I hope Barricade is alive. He was cool. I read that you could see his door in the wreckage on the boat, but not during my numerous viewings did I spot it. Take that as you will.

As for Megs, something deep down in me is just screaming that he'll come back in one of the sequels as Galvatron. No way is the leader of the Decepticons going to just stay down and out after just a half-hour of screen time.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
This was probably one of the worst films I've seen in a long time! I wholeheartedly regret wasting 8.50 euros to see it in the cinema. I knew it wouldn't have that much story but I hadn't imagined it to be that bad!
The whole thing made no sense whatsoever, I disliked each and every human character (most of them had no need to be in there anyway), it was terribly unfunny and even the special effects weren't that good! *gasp*
No really, the transformers designs were way to complicated you couldn't tell who was who, except for the colors. And they moved so fast they just ended up as a blur anyway.

Maybe it's a guy thing. Me and my friend were the only girls in the cinema. And I had never really gotten into Transformers as a kid except for watching the TV show every now and again.

But I feel cheated out of my money, especially since I heard so many good reviews about it!

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Everything? Hardly. If that were true I wouldn't like ANY eighties movies.

well of course i'm exaggerating, buy my point is that the movie was intended to be (cheesy)like the eighties cartoons which no kid in their right mind did not like.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
(DiGi in TRiPPY's account. Don't blame me, blame the Wii)
I seem to recall BumbleBee beating Barricade in their face-off early on in the film yet i don't remember seeing him in the final battle. I mean, i remember Barricade driving towards the final battle after StarScream orders the Decepticons to move in but was he actually in the final fight? Someone enlighten me.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hey, I just heard through the grapevine that Transformers is getting the Imax treatment this September. Now we can all go deaf from the copius ammount of explosions. Yaygasm! :P

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

well of course i'm exaggerating, buy my point is that the movie was intended to be (cheesy)like the eighties cartoons which no kid in their right mind did not like.

Oh, I see what you are saying now, and in that case it totally failed there. At least in the 80s transformers was about... you know... the transformers, and much less that stupid kid (I forget what his name was in the original series). In this movie, it was much the other way around. All about the retarded human characters and much less about what gave the movie it's title. I actually like cheese. There is a BIG difference between cheese and poor writing. The second is what this movie suffered from. Like I said, I was not expecting Shakespeare, but this was just bad.

Either way, I seem to be the only one in this crowd who thought it was near total shite, so I will quiet myself. No reason to be a killjoy. Just duely note that I hated it with the exception of the disappointingly short action sequences before the climax and the very badass one at the end, and I would think Michael Bay should be beaten in the streets if he were not one of the ones responsible for The Rock.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Splodey, i agree with you on the whole human to machine time on screen ratio thing. I went there dying to see shittons of Starscream and the characters i loved since i was 9, but instead there were parts of the movie that draggggggged out, like the whole military thing was boring to me.... and i still didn't understand why they chose to try to 'hide' the cube in a POPULATED CITY (just to blow sh!t up apparently lol). The Transformers themselves should have had a lot more screen time. I'm praying the sequal will because of larger budget.

Did anyone ever really like Daniel and father in the old stuff anyway?

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I was never a Transformers guy. I had a couple of the toys, yeah, but I never really got into the series (probably due to a lack of exposure to it).

Really enjoyed the movie, though. Not being much of a fan, my only two expectations were that there were robots, and that they be in disguise. It met both of them.

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
I think that I was one of the only people that thought it was... iffy, but then again, I analyze every movie. :|

I have to agree with the whole "humans vs. Transformers screen-time ratio", and the bad script. I kinda disliked how Ratchet's medical skills were only used for that pheromones joke. Lame. Also, the special effects were amazing, but... I couldn't tell what the hell was going on in the fight scenes because of the bajillion parts making up EACH TRANSFORMER moving across the entire screen in a single second. The only thing that I truly thought was funny ('cuz I'm a pervert : P) was when Sam and Mikaela (main chars) were making out on Bumblebee's hood, and then the screen pans/zooms out to show all of the other Autobots just sitting there watching them. Naughty naughty, Autobots. : P

Yeah, I'd truly like to "lubricate" over this movie if I could, but I won't waste my waste on it. : P

EDIT: I'm not a really big Transformers fan, because I'm: A. Too young to have watched the original cartoons, and B. It never really struck me as something cool because I hate over-merchandised things. It's like having somebody that is attractive in your opinion, but, oh wait, they ***** themselves out for money. :|

EDIT2: Oh, and I didn't like "The Bourne Ultimatum" either. :|

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

The only thing that I truly thought was funny ('cuz I'm a pervert : P) was when Sam and Mikaela (main chars) were making out on Bumblebee's hood, and then the screen pans/zooms out to show all of the other Autobots just sitting there watching them. Naughty naughty, Autobots. : P

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thankgod its not just me and DiGi who lolled at the threesome.

i thought i was perverted too ;_;

Tashayarna

Tashayarna

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:plushies, NiGHTS, Pullips, Fashion, J-rock, the japanese, kawwaii lol
I loved the film so much ^___^ enough said ^^ I want to marry prime….*sort*

WHY!!! Was Arcee NOT in the film!!!! ^_^ oh we “couldn’t explain where a female autobot came from” OHHH but you COULD explain why there all MALE……*grumbles*

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thankgod its not just me and DiGi who lolled at the threesome.

i thought i was perverted too ;_;

Oh, but you are, because I said that I'm a pervert. >: P

@ Tashayarna: It's because Mr. Bay wanted a giant alien robot sausagefest, duhr. : |

Tashayarna

Tashayarna

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:plushies, NiGHTS, Pullips, Fashion, J-rock, the japanese, kawwaii lol

Oh, but you are, because I said that I'm a pervert. >: P

@ Tashayarna: It's because Mr. Bay wanted a giant alien robot sausagefest, duhr. : |

lol true ^^

And yeah I thought that bit was pervy to ^^;;;;

mhh... humans... making out.... more than meets the eye......more than meets the eye......more than meets the eye...... yeah how many more times do you want to say it?

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I also thought it was funny how Optimus was holding Jazz's dead body in his hand and giving some speech like he just got an award or something. I was kinda expecting him to just shout "Oh well. Hay guys, now that Jazz is dead, let's paaaaarty!" while doing jazz hands or something. XD

...hee hee, jazz hands.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Hey, I just heard through the grapevine that Transformers is getting the Imax treatment this September. Now we can all go deaf from the copius ammount of explosions. Yaygasm! :(

Oh, yes. The IMAX treatment is coming September 21, with new footage! :lol: Can't wait.

So, when the DVD finally comes out, I will have seen TF at least four times: Once at the 7/2/7 premiere, three times overall in the regular theatrical release and at least once on IMAX.

And that's not even including the year I spent (and counting) infiltrating the TF fanboy underground. I have a copy of an early screenplay draft on my hard drive. I have seen every leaked piece of production art. I have led boycotts and debates regarding artistic choices made for the movie -- many before the choices were officially announced. I have talked with the screenwriters, the producers and Michael Bay's right-hand man.

Lucky I enjoyed the movie so much, eh?

Next up is The Dark Knight, and after that: Watchmen!!!

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons & Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
Transformers was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I treated myself, my mother and my sister to the movie and we all enjoyed it. Even my mom said it was one of the best movies she had seen. Honestly, I don't think a lot about the errors or what could have been different in any movie (unless it's downright awful) because it reduces my enjoyment of the film. I didn't watch much of the original cartoons, just Beast Wars, and even that was enough to get my psyched up for the movie. My top favourite transformer was Barricade (C'mon, who doesn't like a bad cop?) followed closely by Optimus Prime, Megatron and Frenzy all in second place. I thought Hugo Weaving was a great Megatron, and Peter Cullen made Optimus seem like the wise leader that he is. I though Ironhide was hilarious with how he wanted to shoot everything first and ask questions later. I also agree with DiGi that Arcee should have been in the film too. I'd like to see her in the sequel.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I agree with most people when they say that there was too much human screen time. But then again, I think they were also trying to do a "what would the people do if Transformers were real" since a lot of the old cartoons and such never touched that issue. I'm thinking that most of the human screen time was to get a world background built up and to establish a base for the next movie.

Plus, let's face it people... Bay was doing a movie that he didn't really want to do. XD That, right there, explains the plot suckage.

But still. Fragging realistic TFs. You can always dig that.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I actually kind of... hated the film, actually. Sure, the CGI was great, but... I just didn't really CARE that much for anyone.
And you KNOW that Megan Fox was only added to give a bit o' happy time for the nether regions of the moodges in the audience.
But I will admit that I liked Bumblebee and Frenzy.

And was I the only one who went "WTF" at when Shia and Megan were making out on Bumblebee at the end? I was sort of hoping he'd pop the hood open and crush the two of them against his windshield.

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons & Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
I agree with the realism. Every transformer in the film looked so real, they could've been real (if that makes any sense), and that's hard to do without making them look cartoony.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users