Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Buying a Wii

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

No. :lol: Ever since the Gamecube came out, Nintendo's consoles in my eyes have sold out. In the past, they were full of originality, like the SNES's use of in-cartridge chips to help aid the console with gameplay. Now, it just seems that Nintendo is using ideas it believes are revolutionary just to get more people to buy its consoles.

I know that I'm gonna make a lot of enemies on this, but its just how I feel.

I like how they do things just to feel different even if it times it's kinda dumb. Like the small disc on the GC. I'm not sure why they picked that but I liked that it was different. I have no prob with the Wii even though the technology is actually a little dated. There was this system called the Xavix that never picked up because of poor marketing and well seriously it didn't even look fun but the Wii pretty much took that and made it 100x better.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Bought a Wii on the first day it came out (waited in line 3 hours for one I did!) and it was worth it. Plus with NiGHTS coming out on it. pwnage.

P.S. GameCube disc were small to stop piracy and stuff. By the time those people got the hang of it with GameCube, the Wii was only a couple of months away.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

I like how they do things just to feel different even if it times it's kinda dumb. Like the small disc on the GC. I'm not sure why they picked that but I liked that it was different. I have no prob with the Wii even though the technology is actually a little dated. There was this system called the Xavix that never picked up because of poor marketing and well seriously it didn't even look fun but the Wii pretty much took that and made it 100x better.

Agreed.

I see Nintendo as the only console-making company that even thinks about fans. I'm sorry, but that's just how I think about it.

Nintendo's a lot moar innovative to me. All the PS3 and 360 did was get new graphics. HELL, the PS3 RIPPED OFF Nintendo's idea with motion sensoring. And, also, the small disc thing. I'm pretty sure there was a lot less piracy when you got the disc stuck in your machine a lot.

Sure, Wii's graphics aren't the best. But, what about the games? There's more fun-looking games for Wii, if you ask me. The PS3 and 360's games could easily be on PS2, and half of them are.

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons & Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
When the Wii first came out, I had my doubts and I was still a Sony freak. I still love my PS2. I may still get a PS3 but not until it shrinks in size, drops in price and has all the kinks ironed out. I'd only buy it for the few PS3 games I want to play anyway. My best friend has a Wii, and I had fun playing Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 when I visited him recently for his birthday. My sister and I recently decided we'd pool our money together to buy a Wii, which would eventually go to me anyway. Of course, JoD was a factor in making my decision to buy the console but there are other games I'm looking forward to as well, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy.

Dia

Dia

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, traveling, gameremixes, drawing, doujins, movies, cardgames, motorbikes...and the list goes on...
Yay, I have Wii! I buyed it in January. I have only played Twilight Princess at Wii so...I just have to wait when new NiGHTS comes out.

Shinaraz

Shinaraz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
The only reason I'm now considering actually getting a next-gen platform is because of the new NiGHTS title. Up until recently, none of the platforms have had anything I've wanted to play, aside from "Sonic and the Secret of the Ring". The Sonic titles have just been so disappointing for me lately that despite how cool it looked, I couldn't bring myself to try it. :/

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

The only reason I'm now considering actually getting a next-gen platform is because of the new NiGHTS title. Up until recently, none of the platforms have had anything I've wanted to play, aside from "Sonic and the Secret of the Ring". The Sonic titles have just been so disappointing for me lately that despite how cool it looked, I couldn't bring myself to try it. :/

Sonic Wii (I'm a lazy typer) is really fun. You should try it.

Shinaraz

Shinaraz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Sonic Wii (I'm a lazy typer) is really fun. You should try it.

Thus far it's one of the few next-gen titles that has gotten really good reviews lately (Though I heard the Rush series was pretty good). I hope to try it sometime, and I probably will once I get a Wii.

Speaking of which (Sonic, that is), Europe got a Sonic Collection II for PS2 that had Sonic CD and Sonic R and quite a few others. It never got released here in America, and it made me very upset. :D

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

On the contrary, I heard that the demand for the Wii has recently died down, because most people who wanted it had, well, gotten it.

Btw, happy 100th post :3.

The demand in Japan has declined a bit, but surprisingly, the demand for wii in US and PAL has actually RISEN. In the Us it has gone from about 300k/month to over 400k the last two months. In Japan the release list is a bit sparse and in europe some games are delayed but a lot of the casual games continue to sell above expectations. The system overall is extremely healthy saleswise. In facT I bleieve that the system has actually already passed up Gamecube by a healthy margin in PAL/Europe. Its about to pass it in Japan and in the Us it still has a long way to go but will definitely get there easily.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Still waiting on that there holiday bloodfest. When holiday season comes 'round. I will have a Wii, and a preorder of SSBB. Still waiting on BWii and New Blood.

Dead Pixel

Dead Pixel

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Now, it just seems that Nintendo is using ideas it believes are revolutionary just to get more people to buy its consoles.

...What's wrong with that? I mean, they are a business after all, and getting people to buy your stuff is kinda the idea. Personally I commend Nintendo for what they did with the Wii. In today's market it seems that the games that sell the best are ones that look pretty, but don't bring anything new or exciting to the table. Nintendo could have released a powerhouse console in order to be "safe" and dropped turd after gorgeous looking turd on us just because that's what seems to sell the best right now, but no...They went with some innovation, favoring new methods of gameplay and fresh ideas over the safe route. I'd say that's pretty original, at least comparatively. And so far, hey, it looks like it's working out pretty well for them.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I can't seem to get one because they are sold out around my area, so I'm going to save up some money and ask my friend Mark to pick up
one for me. :3

He has the Nintendo too.

The games I really want for it are NiGHTS and Super Mario Galaxy.

Within 3-6 weeks I can afford ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone! <_<

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I really wanted one at first, but after searching so long, I couldn't find a single one available and that kinda just made me go "meh, I'll wait until there's a game I really like."
Guess what... JoD is that game XD I'm also really excited about SMGalaxy and SSBB.
But I still dunno if I'll have much luck finding a system... can you believe that a Wii is STILL so popular that stores have trouble keeping them in stock?? They're still rare in my area, and even internet stores rarely have them... it's amazing, really.
I don't have wifi internet, though... and I've heard that the LAN adapter and dongle have issues. That makes me hesitant to buy one, but it's that or shelling out for a wifi router...

andypenguin

andypenguin

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Still waiting on JoD here... that and SSB... they seem so far away! I only have Zelda and Wii Sports as of now. Not really too big on the party games (strange I know).

I hope they do something totally awesome with the network connectivity for the Wii, because right now, let's face it -- it's pretty awful. Xbox Live seems so polished in comparison. Granted, it DOES cost money but the idea of a "gamer tag" is so much better than a sixteen-digit generated "friend code," even if just to find people online to play.

Just my 2c..

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
The PTB are thinking about making Doki Doki Majo Shinpan for the Wii, but that won't be for a while.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Isn't that the game where you feel up little girls to see if they're witches... or something...?

(why do I even know this... o_o)

Loren

Loren

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
haha.. I have a Wii already. ^_^

... oh did that sound mean? We get em at gameHell all the time, come buy one.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
I have one.. just barely ever play it... XP

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

=3 Your cuz needs some STFU-spray. The PS3 is WAY too expensive and I heard it breaks easily. >_>

it does break easily, i found that out when i dropped it off a builiding saying, "fly plaything."

actually, one of my friends got ps3 a couple days after it came out (for dynasty warriors of course) and it's already broken and he cried large tears.

srkelley

srkelley

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I got a Wii for the Nintendo games, and because I felt that Sega would bring their great games to the system. Sega is a vary hardcore, arcade strong company, the Wii has the potential to be the ultimate home arcade, and it feels like a system Sega would make (well, they would've released a more poweerful machine, but I'm cool with where the Wii is at). I do have Sonic Wii, and I've been thinking about NiGHTS, if it's $40 or below I'm definitely buying it, but if it releases at $50 I'll have to rent it first.

Oh yea, my gamecube died too, so that was another major contributing factor as to why I got a Wii. I'm really loving it though. I mainly play Scarface and Sonic, even though I have Zelda, Metroid, and a few other games.

apsyd

apsyd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

-

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
honestly, I HIGHLY recommend buying one before the holiday rush. because seriously, they wont be able to make enough to satisfy demand. It will only get worse from here on out, and when Brawl and wii fit come out...well I hope youre patient.

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
I proudly reserved mine months before and got it he morning it came out I didnt find out about NiGHTS until someone mmentioned it in the forums at gamefaqs

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams was just announced when I got mine. I will say it was one of many reasons I wanted one. I also wanted Sonic and The Secret Rings as well as a good number of other games and I really was interested in the controller

*~ChAoSkY~*

*~ChAoSkY~*

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:-~~Videogames: <br />Klonoa, Sonic, Rayman, Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, NiGHTS.~~ <br />~~Anime and manga: <br />Inuyasha, Case closed, One piece~~<br />~Drawing~ <br />~Cooking~ <br />~Swimming~ <br />~Crafts~
I was going to get Wii anyway for this Christmash before i even had heard of NiGHTS ,but now i am fully sure that i will get it. : D

Anywho, the Wii is great. Nintendo always ranks fun and gameplay over power and graphical ability, which is a plus. They're the only company who isn't caught up in all of the violent garbage, also.

Totally gotta agree with you...Why little kids nowdays play only games where you can have,for example, slumber parites with dead people?><''

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Bwahahaha! I just thought of that! "Kelly, I didnt invite you to try to eat my brians, mmk?"

Back on topic, I was soooo excited. I got to the mall an hour before it opened, and when I first held the Wii-mote, I was incredibly happy. I dont think I will ever be so happy again(Until Smash Bros comes out, of course).

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I must interrupt this topic with an important announcement: I now own a Wii. Used, so no Wii Sports, but it works. NiGHTS and Brawl, (and others) here I come! <_<

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
I sent mine in to Nintendo under warranty for repairs, but it still played games. just had a bad graphical glitch in the gpu. I have a backup system my friend let me borrow so I wont miss anything ^_^

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
My Wii Friends Code is on my sig.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
got my system back fully repaired in 7 days :)
Excellent service.

Now just to wait. At least I have MArio Galaxy to tide me off until NJOD.
Ill be playing this game for months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users