Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

On wii

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

jackle10

jackle10

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I really don't like the fact that NiGHTS is on wii (even though it feels like your in the game)

I think it would be better on some other system like a PS2 or Xb360.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
How come? Personally I like the idea of using the Wiimote to control NiGHTS.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I think it's awesome on the Wii 8D!

The Wii Controller couldn't be more perfect for JoD, and the Xbox360 is known to, well, overheat on people O.o! And, the PS3 has a very expensive price for new games O.o! PS2 games are still selling, but I just think that the Wii is A.) Easier to get into playing. B.) Less pricey C.) Has a wider audience and D.) Better-looking and more stable.

I do believe JoD will be ported to PS3 and 360 sometime later, though, if I heard correctly....

jackle10

jackle10

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Well, I may be real shaky on the acrobats, if they use the same feature.

Obviously there will be.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Well, I may be real shaky on the acrobats, if they use the same feature.

Obviously there will be.

Well, you can use the Wii controller, and the controls used in the Saturn version. You don't have to use just the Wii controls.

jackle10

jackle10

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
NNR07, you are right about the overheating, but I was kinda used to the last game.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I'm tempted to wait for the PS3/360 port myself that BossRush and TRiPPY were going on about. I can't see the remote controls working well, I really can't. That said I do own a Wii and love it to bits, but damn developers need to put a bit more effort in.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I'm tempted to wait for the PS3/360 port myself that BossRush and TRiPPY were going on about. I can't see the remote controls working well, I really can't. That said I do own a Wii and love it to bits, but damn developers need to put a bit more effort in.

I'm thinking I'll have a Wii Remote stuck in my TV before the 1st day of me playing the game ends.... XP.

jackle10

jackle10

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
They really needed to put some effort to their controls because to each T.V., you have to adjust
to the size... :P

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
The only reason I dont like this being on the Wii is the fact I DONT have one. xD And I probably wont get one/ be able to play NiGHTS about four years after it comes out. D8 So, I'll be waiting 15 years, thankyouverymuch. XDD

But, no. I like the idea of the Wii... I just wish they could import it to the PS2. :3 For the poor people like me, who's family can hardly pay for the bills each week, let alone a Nintendo Wii.

jackle10

jackle10

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I don't have one neither!!!

It sucks when NiGHTS is coming out soon (They are so hard to find)

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I like to think of it as a reward to those of us who still had faith in nintendo after Gamecube and in a whole different control system. The game as I said before, really feelsl ike it belongs on the wii. Its just that sort of game. Would you rather it be on the systems where no one would pay attention to it? With bioshock, mass effect, Halo3, Lair, Uncharted a lot of more war driven and hardcore games on the other systems, this game would just be overlooked before it even released. At least with the wii it has a unique control system and Wiiconnect24 features that Sega can advertise (if it decides to advertise this). Now as for a port, I guess the Ps3 could do it somewhat but the way thats selling it wouldnt reach enough people to make it worthwhile. NiGHTS needs a big audience, and wii/DS is where the audience that tends to like games like this is located. Ps2 maybe could work , but that system is on its way out and lacks the controller.

If the issue is not being able to find a Wii, just keep checking big storesl ike walmart and Best buy. Ive sytarted to see an increase in supply to those stores lately so thats likely your best bet to get one.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

The game as I said before, really feelsl ike it belongs on the wii. Its just that sort of game. Would you rather it be on the systems where no one would pay attention to it? With bioshock, mass effect, Halo3, Lair, Uncharted a lot of more war driven and hardcore games on the other systems, this game would just be overlooked before it even released.

Very good point ^_____^!

I saw that Wii(s) were in stock at a lot of places again 8D, as well!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Very good point ^_____^!

I saw that Wii(s) were in stock at a lot of places again 8D, as well!

they are upping shipments now and into the holidays. Still sold out everywhere, but when they do show up on shelves there are a bit more around. Of course not enough to actually meet demand yet but getting there.
Itsk ind of insane that in Japan the wii will hit Gamecubes entire lifetime amount of 5+ years by the end of this year. Thats a lot of potential customers and new fans of NiGHTS :(

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

I really don't like the fact that NiGHTS is on wii (even though it feels like your in the game)

I think it would be better on some other system like a PS2 or Xb360.

WELLLLLLLLLLLL...

Posted Image

=3 Glad to help.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
NiGHTS on Wii=awesome.
I love the idea.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I think it will be fun. But it will take a lot of getting used to. It took me forever to get used to the controls for Sonic and the Seceret Rings. I was still a little shaky with it halfway through the game. Plus the boss battles were insanly hard...in fact they still are. Most difficult was Ifrit, which brings up a point...

If we are going to hold the remote like you do in Sonic, I hope to GOD I don't have to manage NiGHTS from the side view from time to time. Its hard to control a character from the side when the controls are working the same as if you were looking from behind him. There is just no way to do it correctly!

But anyway, the Wii will make this great, but they need to be careful on how the game controls are going to operate so that it is not too difficult.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm guessing you just point the controller at the screen and just move NiGHTS along with it. Like when you move your hand up NiGHTS'll go up and the same as down. You point over to the left or right and NiGHTS begins to fly. The A button will more than likely spin NiGHTS. The B button plus a certain direction on the analog stick might allow you to perform certain stunts IF they were nice enough to still put that in there.

That's all I got so far.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD

How come? Personally I like the idea of using the Wiimote to control NiGHTS.

Plus would you rather have the other systems reaping the credit?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Plus would you rather have the other systems reaping the credit?

Hell no. Everything those other systems stand for seems to be anti-NiGHTS.
Look how a great game like viva Pinata failed. Such a damned shame.
NiGHTS JOD is where it belongs. If a version is made on the other two systems it will bomb hard.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Hell no. Everything those other systems stand for seems to be anti-NiGHTS.
Look how a great game like viva Pinata failed. Such a damned shame.
NiGHTS JOD is where it belongs. If a version is made on the other two systems it will bomb hard.

Yeah.

Viva Pinata looked like an awesome game, but most of the people who had and only played with 360s or PS3s were not interested in a game that looked cute and 'childish'. They will most likely want something like 'Bioshock', or something more realistic and violent.

The Wii is perfect for JoD. Not just for its feel, but for its audience as well.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Yeah.

Viva Pinata looked like an awesome game, but most of the people who had and only played with 360s or PS3s were not interested in a game that looked cute and 'childish'. They will most likely want something like 'Bioshock', or something more realistic and violent.

The Wii is perfect for JoD. Not just for its feel, but for its audience as well.

exactly. the vast majority of Ps3/xbox360 owners make fun of NiGHTS for some reason. They dont seem to appreciate it. I know a few of them are bound to,, but the vast majority think this game is a joke.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

exactly. the vast majority of Ps3/xbox360 owners make fun of NiGHTS for some reason. They dont seem to appreciate it. I know a few of them are bound to,, but the vast majority think this game is a joke.

And thus, Sonic Team WILL make NiGHTS on these systems, just to wrong its fans. =3

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
It makes me kinda mad when I hear people call game childish and kiddy when they played things like Mario 64 and Yoshi's Island and Ape Escape when they were kids and now all of a sudden their imagination seems to have dissapeared and they think they are too good for this type of game. Of course if it goes on PS3 they'll probably try to deal with the SIXAXIS crap and it'll try to mimic the Wii controls. Also the 360 just doesn't seem like the right system. It seems like it's only meant for violent games and racers not that any of these are bad systems it's just some games aren't right on them.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

It makes me kinda mad when I hear people call game childish and kiddy when they played things like Mario 64 and Yoshi's Island and Ape Escape when they were kids and now all of a sudden their imagination seems to have dissapeared and they think they are too good for this type of game. ...

I call them kiddy games too but I actually like the games. :o (You don't have to be a kid to like them :D )
But the only real reason I call it that is because its games made with kids in mind.
It is sad that people have lost their imagination but it all has to do with how schooling brings you up and your environment around you. You see in this world certain things are seen as acceptable and unacceptable for certain groups including the main stream stuff. (You know... whats cool and whats not...)
People need to learn how to decide whats cool on their own rather than what everyone else is doing.
Or in a different explanation...
The way your brought up reflex on how well you will do in life. Its a bit hard to explain... I would say this is more of a theory thats been taken way too far. Because of this theory people are usually grouped as either "going to do well" or "going to do really bad" in life. (Unfortunately this goes into the schooling system stuff as well.)
... I'm not going to take this farther... going way off topic but I'm hoping someone will understand where I'm getting at...

Anyways I heard one of the main reasons they are making the game is because of the stuff the wii remote is capable of doing.
As far as bringing it to other systems:
I doubt it would do well on selling...
NiGHTS is generally what I would call a kiddy game and well I would also call the Wii a kiddy system. (Just put 2 and 2 together there...)
Systems like the Xbox 360 and PS3 were made with graphics and adult in mind. (Most games for each of those systems will be more adult orientated games... I think you caught my drift there... :S )

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I really don't see why when I posted that I didn't want the game on 360 and PS3, one person was acutally like 'TONE DOWN THE FANBOYISM'. >_> Yet...you people all make insanely good points. =3 It's good to be here, men and women, good to be here.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

I think you caught my drift there... :S )

Yes. I understand quite well. :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users