Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS Voice Actor...

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

I like the duel voices idea.

Still, I wonder if the person who did NiGHTS' voice in the old game is still alive.
You know, like when he says 'aptiva!'. :lol:

Yes, of course. I hope they can get the old voice actor. He's probably looking for a job because his VA career wasn't leading anywhere. >.>
Man, this game needs more sequels.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
Posted Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJQ1St1OnQ

Regina Spektor is my dream voice actress.
She IS NiGHTS. In lady form.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Regina Spektor is my dream voice actress.

Umm... no.

Her voice sounds way too feminine for NiGHTS. It also has a slight rasp, which NiGHTS should be completely without.

Next!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I bet a good dual vioce could be made with two of the singers from EBA. Totally.
They make "La La" and "you're the Inspiration" sound..... enjoyable. OMG

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

...Regina Spektor is my dream voice actress.

Is there something like a music/ voiced file that has her voice on it?
The computer I'm using (Mine died) is having problems with sound. Particularly the ones that are online and such.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.

Umm... no.

Her voice sounds way too feminine for NiGHTS. It also has a slight rasp, which NiGHTS should be completely without.

Next!

Too feminine for NiGHTS? I don't know if you've realized this- NiGHTS is very feminine (?!). Have a look.

Posted Image
This is what NiGHTS looks like in JoD. Sleek body, sparkle coming out of the hands, pink vest, crystallized goo goo eyes coupled with eyelashes that could pierce through the outer threshold of a baseball and lift it. There could be no rasp in Regina's voice if she sang "Fidelity" gargling mouthwash with a strep throat.
(for the curious, Regina sings "Fidelity" inside this little link )

This isn't shoot down time, the critic's desk is no place for you <3.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Lets stop this before it goes any further. For the record, adding hearts to a snappy retort does not make it okay or less snappy. It just cheeses people off, so lets just try to keep in mind that yes, there will be different opinions floating around and there are no right or wrong ones.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
=3 Arnold S. You know who I'm taking about.

NiGHTS: WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HEAH.

Reala: ...>.>

NiGHTS: COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.

Reala: ...<.<

NiGHTS: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Reala: -stabs claws through chest-

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

"There must be some way out of here..."

Sorry, just had to type that. For some reason, the line popped into my head when I read that. (Well, if NiGHTS is a jester and Reala's a thief... *slaps himself* Get back to reality and out of parentheses, Curiosity.)

Okay. So Regina Spektor's too feminine and too raspy. Schwarzenegger is too masculine and too foreign. We're getting pretty far from the bullseye here, people.

Out of all the anime fans in this bunch, there has to be someone who can think of a voice actor worthy of NiGHTS. New suggestion: Shinji Ikari himself, Spike Spencer.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

Reala: ...>.>

NiGHTS: COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.

Reala: ...<.<

NiGHTS: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Reala: -stabs claws through chest-

... I'm going to have a dream about that tonight...

On another note, now that I got to hear Regina Spektor's voice, I'm going to have to agree with Curiosity Inc., that her voice is a little too feminine for NiGHTS. I always pictured him with a voice that you couldn't tell if it was female or a high male. That and to get with the "is NiGHTS male or female?" thought. However she can be descent for another voice of some sort. Like if she can do her voice like cartoon voice actors do she can probably be a descent Helen.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Um...how about the same person who played him last time? Of course...they're probably a bit older now.

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
Dual voices are interesting...i thought that dual voices would be good at first but then i thought that, when i'm playing the game, i'd yell at the game to shut up cause it would kinda annoy me.

Things that annoy me in a video game:

1. British accents (i'm British but i find it annoying hearing posh voices; it's a miracle i can survive FF12)
2. Really cutesy voices (they make me want to punch them)
3. When u hear the voices and they're giving to instructions to do things ("Okay, press A to jump!" "Damn! He's too strong! Wait...this skill should help us out!" My reaction: "I've read the controls!!" and "WHAT THE HELL DO U MEAN?? BE MORE SPECIFIC!!!")

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Um...how about the same person who played him last time? Of course...they're probably a bit older now.

I was thinking about that, actually. But they'd have to probably talk a bit differently. Probably tone it down a tad, you know? I think it would be annoying to hear NiGHTS talking like Mickey Mouse throughout the game. XD

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

I was thinking about that, actually. But they'd have to probably talk a bit differently. Probably tone it down a tad, you know? I think it would be annoying to hear NiGHTS talking like Mickey Mouse throughout the game. XD

*mental image of NiGHTS with mouse ears*... *FACEPALM*

I agree, if he started talking in a voice like that, I would cry... due to my disapointment and my ears bleeding heavily.

NiGHTS VOICE SHOULD BE DANE COOK'S. *shot* Im kidding. xD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I would squee with glee if it was Dane Cook, even if it would be a terrible, terrible mistake! Because I think its hilarious to imagine NiGHST talking like that. XD

"Hey, hey guys. This is a Nightopian. A Pian of Nighto. A Naipothgin, for those who are DYSSS-LEX-ICSSSS..!"

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

I would squee with glee if it was Dane Cook, even if it would be a terrible, terrible mistake! Because I think its hilarious to imagine NiGHST talking like that. XD

"Hey, hey guys. This is a Nightopian. A Pian of Nighto. A Naipothgin, for those who are DYSSS-LEX-ICSSSS..!"

*regrets she even said that now*

I will have nightmares. xDDD If it was Dane Cook, I think my sides would be hurting from laughing so much.

*mental image of Wizeman and Reala having the 'Nothing Fight'* Good lord, Im going to go bleach my mind. xD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
The Nothing Fight is my least favourite DC sketch EVAAR. *lol*

But anyway, I do hope who they choose is good, in both english and japanese. I have my fingers crossed.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hopefully, they wont get a high-pitched and squeaky Japanese girl to do NiGHTS. I would sit down and cry. :\ But, I guess we'll just have to wait for the game for final judgement.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
*Crosses fingers and chants*
Japanese voice of Kenshin, Japanese voice of Kenshin!

.. I still can't think of a good english one though..

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I don't get it when people say "Why not the original actor". NiGHTS only made like two sounds the who game. That's nothing to judge an actor by. For all we know, Sonic Team may have just grabbed somebody on the development team and had them scream into the mic a few times. I wouldn't be surprised at all if all the character voices were just one guy whose voice was digitally modified to suit the characters.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

*Crosses fingers and chants*
Japanese voice of Kenshin, Japanese voice of Kenshin!

.. I still can't think of a good english one though..

I've been suggesting experienced, qualified English-language VAs through the whole Gorramn thread! None of them are good enough for you?! *sigh* Okay, let me see who else I can find.

*grumbles, goes to the depths of his memory and IMDB*

*surfaces* Ah, here's a good one.

Melissa Fahn. Notable roles, in no particular order: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV (aka "Ed") of Cowboy Bebop. Rika of Digimon Season 3. Apparently she voiced Kitty of Hello Kitty. Gaz of Invader Zim...

Ah, heck with it. If you've seen Cowboy Bebop, you know the voice of Ed would sound great coming out of NiGHTS' mouth with some more articulation.

ETA: I completely agree with Zero-Shift. I'd Quote him For Truth if I could right now.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
What I mean is, Curiosity, is that I can't think of anybody to stick my two-cents in about. ^^; I still haven't gotten to listen to all the ones that everyone suggested. Some of the ones suggested by others are pretty good.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
Hmm...
I suppose it maybe possible for Melissa Fahn to beable to do a decent NiGHTS voice...

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

What I mean is, Curiosity, is that I can't think of anybody to stick my two-cents in about. ^^; I still haven't gotten to listen to all the ones that everyone suggested. Some of the ones suggested by others are pretty good.

Ditto

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
The last time I posted, I did so just to show I was alive. However, this time, I'm actually going to voice an opinion.

Okay, not all english voice actors are bad. A fair few of them can be, but you have to remember that voice actors are playing voices they are instructed too. If you think Amy's voice from the Sonic Adventure games was too whiney, it was because SoA told people or hired people to do it this way.

So the real question here is NOT who should act out his voice, but instead should be "how should NiGHTS sound?"

I can see NiGHTS working as the same kind of personality as Ed from Cowboy Bebop as previously suggested, however I feel that a voice of a similar tone would be terrible, personally speaking. (Funny definitely, but not suited.)

I personally hope, if its just a single voice, for something a bit mysterious, choice of male or female. I'd have to go with male, but, not one of the deep voices. I can't think of a good example of what I mean, but I'd say something close to Nathan Fillion (Mal Reynolds from Firefly) but with a more loose accent, to sound less serious, like Ryan Reynolds (One of the guys in Blade Trinity and Van Wilder from Van Wilder.)

Strange coincidence there, especially since they worked together in the show Two Guys and a Girl.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
:( The person who does Kirby's voice.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

:lol: The person who does Kirby's voice.

OH GOD, NO! XDDD Because I'll be playing and expect NiGHTS to stop, open his mouth and suck up dream world's landscape around him.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

OH GOD, NO! XDDD Because I'll be playing and expect NiGHTS to stop, open his mouth and suck up dream world's landscape around him.

Reala: HAHA! I AM IN CHARGE OF NIGHTMAR-
NiGHTS: *sucks up Reala and swallows him*

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Reala: HAHA! I AM IN CHARGE OF NIGHTMAR-
NiGHTS: *sucks up Reala and swallows him*

-drumroll- DAA NA NA NA NAAAA NA NA NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
MetaKnight: It's...Reala NiGHTS!!! -spanish accent-
Tiff: OMG REALA NiGHTS :)

NiGHTS: =3 Hup.

Off topic: WHY THE FUDGEMS did they give Meta-Knight a spanish accent?! Was it to make him like Zorro?!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

-drumroll- DAA NA NA NA NAAAA NA NA NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
MetaKnight: It's...Reala NiGHTS!!! -spanish accent-
Tiff: OMG REALA NiGHTS :)

NiGHTS: =3 Hup.

Off topic: WHY THE FUDGEMS did they give Meta-Knight a spanish accent?! Was it to make him like Zorro?!

Its another wonderful exapmple of how we pick English voice actors. Another reason why I worry about NiGHTS voice.

I wish there was some way we could give Sega our input on voice actors. I mean...do they know that we hate most of the voice actors they pick for their games? I wonder....

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Sega Dude 1: Yeah, we need to have Tails more talk in this scene. EVERYONE just LOVES his voice actor. His voice is TOTALLY not screechy and grating.

Sega Dude 2: Mmhm.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Sega Dude 1: Yeah, we need to have Tails more talk in this scene. EVERYONE just LOVES his voice actor. His voice is TOTALLY not screechy and grating.

Sega Dude 2: Mmhm.

:) I bet thats what they think. But it makes me wonder why they put the Japanesee voice options in their Sonic games. Do they know that a lot of us prefer the Japanesee voices due to the fact that the English ones suck? If so, why not make the English voices good so that way we don't need the Japanesee voices? I mean...don't they listen to the voices? They have to know that certain voices really suck. Why don't they do anything about it? I am so confused...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
lmao i can't get keanu reeves doin the voice outta my head god forbid

I know this is off topic but they should bring back Segata to do one last commercial just for this game :)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Confirmed news that NiGHTS's voice is feminine.. or like a kid..

"NiGHTS' VOICE: It's a girl! It's very much a girl/woman's voice. I was pretty shocked to hear that, but there you go: NiGHTS has a female voice and is portrayed much more as a female in the game."

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
^_____________^

Now I'm confident that there's not a lot of chance the voice can be fucked up.

And, NiGHTS will not be called gay anymore 8D!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
Kinos journey. whoever voiced her in that anime in english dub. Perfect.
Friendly, non raspy, clear, and androgynous. Like it should be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users