Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS Voice Actor...

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Hey, what about Tom Kenny? O_o He voiced Spyro the Dragon in the last 2 of the 3 games for Playstation, voices Spongebob, and so many others. He can change his voice where it need be, and I'm SURE he could do a mixed kind of sound for NiGHTS. O_o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Kenny

Hmm.... I'd say maybe. I know he does pretty good voice acting... but, NiGHTS sounding like Sponegbob scares me, as well. XDD;; .

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I could picture NiGHTS speaking like an Okami character, such as Sakuya.. as for regular voice actors.. it has to be someone female, or a kid. Masculine for NiGHTS no good.

crap.. please do this in good taste Sonic Team.. if he has to speak..

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
What if they got that guy who did Mewtwo and NiGHTS didn't move his mouth? :]

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Bah... I don't see how there could be a fitting voice for NiGHTS.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

For Wizeman, yeah. Not NiGHTS.

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
I think they'll probably go with some sort of female male voice harmonizing at the same time. That'd seem to fit 'im ;(

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
@EZKiAL = Oh, great, I could also imagine some dialouge XD

"We'll need to take that Ideya from that bird so we can use it on the Ideya Capture"

"Hm... we'll need more Blue Chips"

"Do a Barrel Roll! (Press A+Z twice!)"

"The sweet harmonious glory that is victory!"

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
oh boy... things just keep getting better...
this fills me with even more dread that Sega will screw it up...

i don't know which voice actor, or anyone else that would make a good voice for him...
its kinda hard for me to think of someone who could do it... i could probably name A FEW if i rotted my brain trying to search for them... but... its hard for me to explain in words how i feel about a voice for NiGHTS...
so yea... im pretty much stumped...

but for some unknown reason... my mind is saying... uh... ah, forget it... :unsure:

The narrator from the trailer movie.

And in case none of you knew who that was. i believe it was Jim Cummings. look him up.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

O god O god O god

PurpleKOGA

PurpleKOGA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Of course, I am a big fan of NiGHTS and I like SEGA in general too. I also like net surfing, anime/manga and I wish to create my own graphic novel sometime.
I've always imagined three voices for NiGHTS:
1. NiGHTS would have the voice of who he ''fuses'' with.
2. NiGHTS would have a voice tha's not quite male, but not quite female either.
3. He'd have the voice of a male and a female together as if two people were talking at the same time.

But then again, that's just me. I don't think NiGHTS should have a voice. :unsure:

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I kind of like the two voices at the same time idea.. its cool. I always thought Reala's voice sounded as though tehre were two people talking.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

I kind of like the two voices at the same time idea.. its cool. I always thought Reala's voice sounded as though tehre were two people talking.

That's an excellent f***ing idea! It could be just like Guillo from Baten Kaitos.

I'll elaborate. Guillo is a very andrgynous robot who constantly speaks with two voices at the same time, one male (T.C. Carson) and the other female (Maura Gale). The voices normally overlap evenly, but depending on Guillo's mood, one of the voices becomes more dominant. For example, when mad, the male voice is dominant whereas the female is dominant when it's feeling affectionate. I know I link to youtube a lot but I like people to know what's going through my (twisted) mind, so here is what I'm talking about. It's within the first two minutes.

Anyway, If NiGHTS were aproached in a similar way, Sega could give him a good voice without jumping the shark on the gender issue. I like it. Nice idea KOGA.

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests

O god O god O god

It's not nearly as bad as the David Hasselhoff idea.

Yesss. I feel special. :]

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
David Hassl-- NO my mouth is being filthied already! DX

And yeah, I can somewhat see how the dual-voice idea can go with NiGHTS. ^.^

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Im really liking that idea of the overlapping voices of two genders. O_o If that were to happen, I think that would be mighty swell. :unsure: It would surely fit together, I think. And as someone said, we wont have the one group of 'NiGHTS IS MALE" or vice-versa screaming at the other going, "WE TOLD YOU SO!"

Followed by the beatings.

But, no. :3 I love that idea.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I believe that dual voices is the way to go. One for NiGHTS and one for the person he's 'fused' with. Of course, We always heard him scream when he ran out of time in the original, so I'm trying to fuse that together mentally, with a male and female voices, to hilarious outcomes.

All else fails though, I think *I* should play the voice of NiGHTS, because I want the money badly. XD

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

I believe that dual voices is the way to go. One for NiGHTS and one for the person he's 'fused' with. Of course, We always heard him scream when he ran out of time in the original, so I'm trying to fuse that together mentally, with a male and female voices, to hilarious outcomes.

All else fails though, I think *I* should play the voice of NiGHTS, because I want the money badly. XD

That could work.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I like the duel voices idea.

Still, I wonder if the person who did NiGHTS' voice in the old game is still alive.
You know, like when he says 'aptiva!'. :lol:

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I guess since now he's DEFINITELY talking in the Journey of Dreams, we'll all find out whose ideya (giggle) SEGA took. <.< OMG if they give him Sonic's voice (the voice actor for Sonic plays 4-5 different people), I'm gonna be a-hurtin' someone.

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
If that happened NiGHTS fans would make sure that Sega HQ would cease to exist.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

If that happened NiGHTS fans would make sure that Sega HQ would cease to exist.

Not to mention NiGHTS himself...

Posted Image

(MSpaint ftw)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Am I the only one who doesn't know who David Hasselhoff is? I guess I can only assume its a bad voice choice. I don't konw anything about any voice actors. Never really bothered with it. The only voice actor I actually know by name is Dan Green (Yami Yugi, Knuckles, Mephiles), and I would hope to god he would never be considered for NiGHTS voice.

I guess since now he's DEFINITELY talking in the Journey of Dreams, we'll all find out whose ideya (giggle) SEGA took. <.< OMG if they give him Sonic's voice (the voice actor for Sonic plays 4-5 different people), I'm gonna be a-hurtin' someone.

Which Sonic voice? The one from the Adventure and Heroe's games, or the current one that spawned from the cartoon. Either one would suck, but I wounder which would be worse. Also, I really like the picture you drew. NiGHTS new mask form will take revenge if Sega ever did such a horrible thing.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
The Sonic X voice. He does like...Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Jet, um...some other ppls...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

The Sonic X voice. He does like...Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Jet, um...some other ppls...

I always find it funny how in American anime and games they get one person to do a ton of people in the same series. Guess it saves on money. We Americans are cheap like that. Long live America....

Which actually brings up an idea...what if they made the character that will do NiGHTS voice do Reala's voice as well?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I hope not...they need to have differing voices. Reala's needs to be 'GROWR' and NiGHTS' needs to be whispy, mysterious, and fun.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I hope not...they need to have differing voices. Reala's needs to be 'GROWR' and NiGHTS' needs to be whispy, mysterious, and fun.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't put it past Sega. If it saves on money then they may do it.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
If only SEGA was more like Nintendo...they seem to actually put effort into their games, even though they're whoring out Mario to every sport imaginable, they've always got Zelda, which is widely considered the best franchise of all time.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

If only SEGA was more like Nintendo...they seem to actually put effort into their games, even though they're whoring out Mario to every sport imaginable, they've always got Zelda, which is widely considered the best franchise of all time.

Yeah I know what you mean. But we can be thankful that Sega doens't make so many sport Sonic games like they do Mario. Its the one thing Sonic has above Mario that I can tell my boyfriend.

Me: "When was the last time you played a great normal Mario on a major platform.?"
Boyfriend: "Mario 64....Mario Sunshine was ok but not great."
Me: "I rest my case."
Boyfriend: "Sonic is still gay."
Me: "You just don't like him cause he is blue! (His faviorite color is red.)"

And then the argument continues but I still made a good point. At least when don't have 8 Sonic Shuffle games...

Also...I don't think nintendo does much with voice acting with Mario or Zelda. Sure Mario has some catch phrases but they don't make him talk in conversation. And Minda in Zelda talks like the people in Okami. I still think that might be a pretty good idea.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
More importantly, Nintendo realizes when it's okay and not okay for its characters to talk. If Nintendo has the restraint to prevent any voice acting in Zelda for the sake of imagination, why the frak can't Sega do the same?!

*sigh* Ah, well. Like I said, best foot forward.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

More importantly, Nintendo realizes when it's okay and not okay for its characters to talk. If Nintendo has the restraint to prevent any voice acting in Zelda for the sake of imagination, why the frak can't Sega do the same?!

*sigh* Ah, well. Like I said, best foot forward.

Because Sega knows that as long as the title Sonic is on the cover, all die hard Sonic fans are going to buy the game no matter how bad it is. So doing something that gets the fans upset doesn't always matter. Also, maybe they don't want to copy Nintendo too much. Maybe they want the characters to talk so that it can not be too associated with Nintendo.... I don't know! I can't figure out their logic at all. I wonder if they even read those letters we sent in.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Because Sega knows that as long as the title Sonic is on the cover, all die hard Sonic fans are going to buy the game no matter how bad it is. So doing something that gets the fans upset doesn't always matter. Also, maybe they don't want to copy Nintendo too much. Maybe they want the characters to talk so that it can not be too associated with Nintendo.... I don't know! I can't figure out their logic at all. I wonder if they even read those letters we sent in.

I'm sure they don't.

Also, the point about Sonic is moot. Sonic is an icon in video gaming. Internationally recognized, the star of dozens of games. NiGHTS is a character who was in one obscure game over a decade ago.

Sonic games are guaranteed to sell. That guarantee does not exist with NiGHTS.

To that end, Sega should be taking as few chances as possible. And yet they are. Yeesh.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Or maybe SEGA isn't messing this up...there's a small chance NiGHTS' voice actor will actually be GOOD. And they were smart enough to put Reala in it, even though 75% of the people who buy the game won't know who he is.

I hate to say it folks, but Sega may be getting on the right track. I think they're doing this one for the fans.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Or maybe SEGA isn't messing this up...there's a small chance NiGHTS' voice actor will actually be GOOD. And they were smart enough to put Reala in it, even though 75% of the people who buy the game won't know who he is.

I hate to say it folks, but Sega may be getting on the right track. I think they're doing this one for the fans.

That is true. It does seem like this game is for the fans, and they can only do what they can. They can't please everyone so they just have to do the best with what they think the majority want.

Also Curiosity, a lot more people know about NiGHTS than we may realize. Its not that obscure I think, but yes its not as widly know as Sonic. But I actually run into a lot of video game fanatics and they know exactly who NiGHTS is. Sure they are not major fans due to the fact that it was on the Sega Saturn, but its still fairly well know I think. I think the game might sell fairly well. Better than Shadow the Hedgehog, thats for sure. BUt what do I know. I really am naive about a lot of things.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to bed because I need to wake up in 5 hours so that I can catch my plane and get back home after 3 months of visiting my grandparents because I have no where else to go during the summer. And then after that I have to drive for two and a half hours just to get to the city I am in. If you don't hear from me in a month that means my plane crashed. Thank you and good-night.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

That is true. It does seem like this game is for the fans, and they can only do what they can. They can't please everyone so they just have to do the best with what they think the majority want.

Also Curiosity, a lot more people know about NiGHTS than we may realize. Its not that obscure I think, but yes its not as widly know as Sonic. But I actually run into a lot of video game fanatics and they know exactly who NiGHTS is. Sure they are not major fans due to the fact that it was on the Sega Saturn, but its still fairly well know I think. I think the game might sell fairly well. Better than Shadow the Hedgehog, thats for sure. BUt what do I know. I really am naive about a lot of things.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to bed because I need to wake up in 5 hours so that I can catch my plane and get back home after 3 months of visiting my grandparents because I have no where else to go during the summer. And then after that I have to drive for two and a half hours just to get to the city I am in. If you don't hear from me in a month that means my plane crashed. Thank you and good-night.

-sniffle- I hope your plane doesn't crash...

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Point taken.

Honestly, I'm on the fence regarding everything about this game. My heart tells me that this will be a great game, but my head tells me that Sega is going to frak this up in every way. Like I said, it's probably best if we keep moving forward and trying to come up with the best possible scenario given what we know.

For my part, I'm sticking by my recommendation of Brianne Sidall for NiGHTS. If anyone else has any better ideas, I'm all ears.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

-sniffle- I hope your plane doesn't crash...

Me too.
At least you are more likly to die in a car crash than a plane crash. Too bad I can't fly like NiGHTS.

Also, who is Brianne Sidall?

Anyway, night. I might stay on a little longer, but not much.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Me too.
At least you are more likly to die in a car crash than a plane crash. Too bad I can't fly like NiGHTS.

Also, who is Brianne Sidall?

Anyway, night. I might stay on a little longer, but not much.

Brianne Sidall has voiced many characters, including Jr. (alias Rubedo) of all three Xenosaga chapters and Jim Hawking of Outlaw Star. Sidall has also voiced Eowyn in various Lord of the Rings games, Koromon in the Digimon series, and Tsukasa in .hack//SIGN.

In short, Sidall has voiced characters of all genders and ages. Note that she also voiced Koromon, whom I consider to be a childlike, androgynous Digimon. Furthermore, notice that she's played passive characters like Tsukasa and stronger characters like Eowyn and Jr.

With a range like that, there has to be some voice in Sidall's repertoire that would do NiGHTS justice. Now turn off your laptop before you screw up the airplane's navigations systems.

Have fun. :D

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I also like the dual voice idea. Dunno why I didn't think of that.

jackle10

jackle10

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hope is right, I really don't want a 4kids T.V. person NiGHTS!

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Hope is right, I really don't want a 4kids T.V. person NiGHTS!

Seconded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users