Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New info

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Ok my net cut out last night, but i just got back on. I was told by little birdy on the wire two things of interest.

1. Reala is definately back in the game. So fangirls rejoice.

2..... NiGHTS has a voice actor....

T______________________T

Dear sweet jeebus, please make it not be awful. Why can't they just do what the original done.

So anyway, yeah, thoughts and bewilderment plz.

Zero 22

Zero 22

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, Drawing, Plushies, the list goes on ^____^

Ok my net cut out last night, but i just got back on. I was told by little birdy on the wire two things of interest.

1. Reala is definately back in the game. So fangirls rejoice.

2..... NiGHTS has a voice actor....
T______________________T

Dear sweet jeebus, please make it not be awful. Why can't they just do what the original done.

So anyway, yeah, thoughts and bewilderment plz.

Reala's back... Awesome

NiGHTS' VO... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WTF???? T________T

I'm on the ropes on NiGHTS' comeback with this

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Well... it can either be really good, or really really bad.

But either way it's going to annoy a lot of fans.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
NiGHTS might not talk but really, you still need a voice actor just for things like reacting to getting hit and the like. Stuff like that really adds to the realism of a character and I'd be really surprised if it wasn't included even for a character that doesn't have any spoken lines. (Just look at Link, or Mario in Paper Mario or the like. Even silent protagonists have a bit of a voice.)

Of course, he might be fully voiced anyway and have horrible dialogue, but you never know.

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
I'm glad that Reala is back... Maybe that's just me, but Reala and NiGHTS have to be together as rivals...

And... NiGHTS gonna have voice actor...

FOR GOD"S SAKE, NOOOO!!! *scream and cry*
Sorry, I'm sane again.
But honestly, NiGHTS having a voice? No, him speaking in fanfics is more than allright, but giving him actual voice is a bit too much, IMO. Hope he will have a good one, a voice that will not spoil his "mystery creature image" (those who decide that must bear in mind it must be neither feminine nor masculine, for the whole anima/animus sake...).

If they mean only, as was said, random sounds of being hit and stuff, that's okay, I'll accept that, but I fail to imagine NiGHTS having a proper voice...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Katy he's fully voice acted lol. I have this dire fear of...

*imagines NiGHTS voiced by Big the cat*

Picture me TRYING to be positive here XD;

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.

*imagines NiGHTS voiced by Big the cat*

Oh, dear God, I can have a heart attack just TRYING to imagine anything like that, even as a joke. A steady woman you are, TRiPPY...

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
I hope it's not like 4Kids voice acting; they annoy me...

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

I hope it's not like 4Kids voice acting; they annoy me...

*shudders* That reminds me... Oh, dear God, Russian voices, nooo... Even if original voice is nice, translation will send it all to hell T_T sorry for me wailing about this for so long...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I wonder what accent he'll have.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Honestly guys, how can this let you guys down? Even Samus has a voice actor, but she's doesn't really "say" anything. One that note, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be the first Metroid game to feature extensive voice acting. That being said, Samus still will not "speak".

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yes but NiGHTS actualy speaks. It's nothing as whimsical as Zelda or Samus. I wish it was.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Well, you might want to make that clear in your post as apposed to just voice acting. I suppode this adds to the thought of a TV series that came up in that other topic.
Right then, he speaks. Hopefully they'll remove it if you choose the traditional control method. XD
So, who besides me preordered MP3:C?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
am I the only one who doesnt care if NiGHTS talks or not? I mean seriously, if I had crazy dreams like this, its entirely possible that NiGHTS would talk to me. Its really not that bad. Sometimes I think you guys really try to think of things to criticize Sega for regarding JOD. I know you all want it to be perfect and as you want it, but let the game be what it is. We already know it wont be as bad as Sonic 06 or Shadow the hedgehog so dont fret so much about every tiny detail.

Well, you might want to make that clear in your post as apposed to just voice acting. I suppode this adds to the thought of a TV series that came up in that other topic.
Right then, he speaks. Hopefully they'll remove it if you choose the traditional control method. XD
So, who besides me preordered MP3:C?

I did. Im not a fan of voice acting, but thats the direction games are going so may as well get used to it.
No amount of VA in MP3 (or NiGHTS) is going to ruin my enjoyment of the game. In fact the terrible VA in Sonic ATSR made the game more fun.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Well, then. I'm going to tell everyone my plan for Sonic Rush Adventure, which is also my plan for NiGHTS now. Turn the SFX off, and listen to the music.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
My reaction to Reala returning........HELL YEAH!!!! They simply HAVE to put Reala and NiGHTS in the same game, it's logic!!

And to NiGHTS having a voice actor.....I'm not completely distrought, yet not ecstatic. I kinda look forward to NiGHTS talking in actual words to tell ya the truth. But if it's a damn 4kids VA I swear I will SUE!!!! If they do the thing that they did with Shadow and Sonic where the're the SAME ACTOR with like.....Reala and NiGHTS or Will and NiGHTS (God forbid...) or somethin' like that I wil just turn the sound off which I dun want to do....It'll also give NiGHTS a specific gender. So, if the actor gives NiGHTS the masculine voice, it's just one huge middle finger to those who think NiGHTS is a girl, and visa-versa. O_O What if they give Reala a voice actor? *shudders* I just hope they don't do Dan Green....Knuckles's actor....he sounded angry all the time.....

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
You know, it's not just 'how his voice will sound' but it's also 'what retarded sh!t will he end up saying'. Because as far as i could tell, voice acting in SEGA games tend to be bellow par, and half of that is due to what they're saying, not just how they're saying it.
PSU is a really REALLY good example. "little sister" "big brother" "little sister". Nobody address's family members like that, it just makes the game more cheesy. And since this new game is obviously aimed at children then it's most probably going to contain really childish dialogue. And that pisses me off. I would prefer no speech at all.

*sigh* oh and 'whoopty-doo', Reala's in it. I bet his voice acting is going to be the worst because they're so obviously going to try and portray him as a 'really bad guy' so god only knows what they're going to make him say to give off that effect.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

...*sigh* oh and 'whoopty-doo', Reala's in it. I bet his voice acting is going to be the worst because they're so obviously going to try and portray him as a 'really bad guy' so god only knows what they're going to make him say to give off that effect.

When you said that I imagined him with a Donald Duck Voice.... then with a Fat Albert voice... whats wrong with me...? O_O

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
He will be sexy.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Hmm.... Reala back 8D! I'm a lil' happy about that....

.... but, NO! DEAR GOD NO D8! NiGHTS's voice..... better be good... or else... *lights torch*

I'm hoping that he has a good voice actor. As long as his voice isn't cheesy, I'll probably be 'OK' about it. After all, NiGHTS has a different voice to everyone, right ^^''?! Helen and Will might just see him as having the same voice...

You know, it's not just 'how his voice will sound' but it's also 'what retarded sh!t will he end up saying'.

I agree with you here. If SEGA makes NiGHTS sound really.... cheesy.... *lights torch again*.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
The thought is getting funnier as the day goes on to be honest.

Question though, will there BE Japanese voices to flip to as the game isnt being made in japan?

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

The thought is getting funnier as the day goes on to be honest.

Question though, will there BE Japanese voices to flip to as the game isnt being made in japan?

Just a quick question because I a little bit behind on all of this...
Who is making it if the Japanese isn't?
And if you say USA its going to be messed up... they will definitely screw it up...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*fanfare*

USA : D

Actualy, I'm still impressed by the trailer, so who knows.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

*fanfare*

OH Gods NO! *Sobs*

I will look nice but it will most likely have a bunch of corny/ crappy dialog and really Baaaaaaad voices... T_T

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Hmm.... I thought the Japanese were making the sequel *LOST*.

US, I admit, is known for coming out with the not-so-great stuff when it comes to SEGA's games (imo).

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

Hmm.... I thought the Japanese were making the sequel *LOST*.

US, I admit, is known for coming out with the not-so-great stuff when it comes to SEGA's games (imo).

... I also thought the Japanese was making the sequel but that was because the first thing I saw about it being released was in Japanese. (Clues onto its possible release way back like October of last year.) I don't know if I could find that site again but at that time it was just a rumor.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Great, a sega voice over in NiGHTS. It will probably be the 4Shame bunch again. :D Now NiGHTS is probably going to end up being voiced by Dan Green...with the Yami voice. *sigh*

Well, at least Reala is confirmed.

February Chaos

February Chaos

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hmm... NiGHTS with a voice actor? I'm not completly against it. This could end up well.

I think I'm first gonna laugh myself into extinction if they'll give Reala Shadow's voice actor. Then I'm going to cry... Not that I hate Shadow's voice, but because.....well, they can get someone better to voice Reala, right?

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
Reala was a no brainer but it's still good to hear than he's making a return. As for voices... as long as it's not anything like Cream from Sonic I'll be happy. You know, like an adult pretending to do a childs voice. Ugh.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Really? I haven't seen this reported anywhere really.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Was anything else i said reported anywhere before it was official? I was told today by the same person who told me everything else up until this point. So reason to doubt said person = 0.
Edit- Like i said before any information i recieve i will share with the fans, even if it sounds ridiculous, off the wall or bizzare. Its up to you guys to believe it or not until Sega officialy show it off themselves.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Sorry, my bad, I misread the first post a little.

Now, Reala I couldn't give a rats arse about and I plan to skip the cutscenes, so this doesn't really affect me I guess. Though according to various sources, Sega isn't using 4Kids for the Sonic games anympre, so if there is a god, they'll do the sale for this.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm hoping NOT for 4kids too. Just incase anyone thinks I'm saying 4kids are definately in on it. If they are i'll tell you guys.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

If they are i'll tell you guys.

Better not T_T.

XD;;, Jk.

If 4Kids has something to do with it, though, I will cry. 4kids makes kittens cry ;-;.

I would like to see a completely new voice actor for NiGHTS, actually. Hopefully, not a well known actor. Tom Hanks as NiGHTS is slowly starting to haunt my mind << >>...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm curious as to what Sega will pin to him. I look at the new art and think 'well if i was a sega sound person what voice would -i- give NiGHTS' and it seems to be weird extremes. Lol it's one of those horrible situations again where you cant make everyone happy.

Waiting and guessing is fun (and crazyinducing).

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
PLEEEEEEEASE give us the option to keep it in Japanese, please, please! OY!!

I'm gonna send you guys an idea, I hope you'll agree. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I think hearing both would be neat so i hope it's not just in English with subtitles. I'm really praying for the nonsense language though.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
With any luck Spong's playtest will shed some light on this. I'm rather looking forward to that, I seems to have a very similar taste to the staff.

And Japanese language option? I don't get why that's regared so higly in the Sonic community, sure our actors are terrible, but so are theirs. You just don't have the added horor of understanding what they're saying.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I don't really mind the idea of NiGHTS being voiced if they get a voice actor with some ability. Hell, the kids are probably going to be worse, so many game kids voices are awful.

I mean, one of the reasons for game characters not speaking before was technical limitations. It's the norm now to have voice acting, we're way out of the 90s and while there's some nostalgia about they game they're gonna wanna conform to the expectations of a new audience cause that's where the money is. And NiGHTS isn't Metroid or Zelda, it doesn't have the big established back catalogue to cement in the public's mind it should have a silent protagonist, it has one previous game that relatively few people have played. So they have more licence to make things new and interesting. :)

Optimism, guys. :)

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
You know...now that I think about it I think SEGA stopped using 4kids voices because the Sonic series stopped....so that gives some hope. I think it'd be fun to be NiGHTS's voice actor, so I hope that some emotion and such will show in the game. Now the kids......I don't really care what their voices sound like.....I think it's NiGHTS and Reala that everyone's been worried about. I'd expect NiGHTS's voice to be somewhat similar to Silver's (weird comparison I know....) and Reala.....just more masculine....honestly I've imagined Reala's voice to sound Brittish O_O.

And I don't think the dialogue will be TERRIBLE, but not perfect either.....it's kinda hard to guess here, 'cause this game is back by popular demand and in the 11 years people have waited, you'd expect the script or whatever to be a little...less cheesy since we all can now recognize when it is. But our purple jester is also back to bring in new fans who SEGA might think will be younger kids. Just a thought, so don't go bitting my freaking head off. (my spelling sucks, I know)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users