Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reala in JoD

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Now I watching the game play trailer a few times and I was observing if there was anything significant about Nightmare, the scene between where they first show Nightmare then scroll down to where they introduce the new Maren boss. It just seemed interesting enough to reveal something and I think I got a positive result.

There are curtains that reveal the new Maren, correct? But look closely at the curtains.

Posted Image

I took this screen just now but didn't do it fast enough where the curtains are still a bit more closed. I think you get the point though.

Its like a head with massive Maren horns at the top of it and the curtains kind of make it look like Wizeman, but Wizeman had random spikey horns, these look more like...Reala's? I mean his did kind of stick out to the sides more than NiGHTS and who else would be iconed in Nightmare at this point? So yeah, any feedback and opinions on this would be great. I guess my boredom can be useful lol.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
...Yeah, I have been on forums long enough and I even dead tired at 3 in the morning should have noticed if there were already topics about this. I did however forget that the info got out right before the forums went out and didn't think anyone had time to observe and post it, so before bashing, just realize I notice and apologize.

And why do I feel like I'm making too much a big deal of this? :mellow: Nevermind, 5 in the morning, going hysterical, need sleep. @_@

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Interesting observation. I do hope they haven't changed Reala's design too much. Always liked how his design contrasted with NiGHTS'

Aura-Moon

Aura-Moon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, aha!
Interesting indeed. I just hope they don't butcher his design. SEGA has such a notorious habit of doing that nowadays >> I mean, Sonic's been destroyed to the point of OMFG WHY?!
In some ways, it reminds me of that webgate design thing I've seen on the net. I think someone had it on here long long ago...I bet Reala will be either more muscular or very streamline and feminine. It'd make sense though to have Reala as the poster boy for Nightmare! He is like...the definition of Nightmare and all in the NiGHTS community, even more so than Wiseman at times.
At the same time, that could be a curtain for Wiseman to appear from and the top part merely a symbolisim for the Nightmaren *shrugs*

PurpleKOGA

PurpleKOGA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Of course, I am a big fan of NiGHTS and I like SEGA in general too. I also like net surfing, anime/manga and I wish to create my own graphic novel sometime.
Maybe it's a new modified version of Wizeman because that floating object behing the curtain looks like a hand.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Maybe Reala gets a cape.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Maybe reala ate wizeman and got his powers! >_>

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Maybe Reala gets a cape.

He already has the trail of sparks, why would he need a cape?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Maybe we should get someone on the site to try and draw that.

Edit: dang, were you planning that Curiosity Inc?

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
I've noticed stuff like that too....and it gets me even more hopeful that he reappears in the game. I think he'll still be at least a little muscular since he acatually has a specified gender.....And I agree that SEGA's been screwing everything up when it comes to butchering.....AT LEAST HAVE REALA KEEP HIS MIMEY LOOK!!! It's fun to poke fun at. ^_^

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
go ahead and click that and pause at 2:31 There's a gate with a gem in the middle that looks just like NiGHTS', except green. NiGHTS smashes it with Phuckle, then you hear a wiedo sound. I'm guessing that's a progress saver of some sort. Anyways, do you think that green gem has anything to do with Reala?

Edit: I'm sorry for those of you that saw that pic. Here's the link. http://youtube.com/watch?v=uW8Ulku0u2k

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I never noticed the green gem before! Cool!

I'd love to see Reala again, I'm such a sucker for the ol' once-comrades-now-rivals plot. XD; Maybe since the game is about family bonds, they'd include Reala as an example of the broken bond between the Nightmaren and NiGHTS..? Hmm, maybe that's a reach...

In any case, it's obvious that so many fans would love to see Reala again, it'd be silly of Sega to leave him out!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I don't think that image has anything to do with Reala.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I don't think that image has anything to do with Reala.

I'm sorry you had to see that pic, but seriously. Green gem. Video. looks almost the same as NiGHTS' except larger and green. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the upper-class maren like NiGHTS, and Reala fits the bill. I'm certain jackle isn't running things this time.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I'm sorry you had to see that pic, but seriously. Green gem. Video. looks almost the same as NiGHTS' except larger and green. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the upper-class maren like NiGHTS, and Reala fits the bill. I'm certain jackle isn't running things this time.

Wiseman had a big green Gem too.
Anyway, we'll know when more info comes out.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Because, capes are cool 8D!

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
But capes aren't practical.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
...we're talking about a game where giant birds fly around with keys to giant dream catchers and a mischevious nightmare battles his own kind to save Nightopia, a world made up of the dreamscapes of sleeping humans.... and you're talking of practicality? XD

And besides, Jackle's cape/mantle made him invincible. I'd reckon that's a point in favour of practicality.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Yes, but if Reala tried to fly away while wearing a cape, all you'd have to do is step on it, and he'd go nowhere.

Until he'd eventually turn around and rip your face off for doing that.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

Well, lol, i hate to rain on everyones parade of 'Sega wouldn't do that' but -NiGHTS- had a stupid cape in his redesign works that was -thankgod- scrapped. So yeah..... expect the unexpected D:

*sheilds Neokairi and Curi Inc. from the horror of Sega*

It's ok, it's all a horrible dream.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I thik SEGA is trying to fool with us. That door and gem can refer to either Reala or Wizeman. Or mybe both at the same time.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I thik SEGA is trying to fool with us. That door and gem can refer to either Reala or Wizeman. Or mybe both at the same time.

It's a set of red curtains that Phuckle comes through to begin the boss stage. Most of his boss area is based around the 'circus' theme and those curtains are the red curtains you get before a circus act comes on. I really honestly think this has absolutly nothing to do with either Reala or Wizeman.

On the subject of capes, i'm all for having a boss with a cape. Not necessarily NiGHTS or Reala, though.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

But capes aren't practical.

Good point. Now that I think of it, Reala with a cape.... might not be the best idea in the world << >>....

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
I don't think its a bad idea. It will even out his upper body masculinity XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Actually when I see that picture the first thing that pops into my mind is the devil. I am not sure why, but oh well. I agree that it does look like its supposed to be Reala or symbol that is for marens in general.

Actually...wasn't that head symbol on the old ideya palaces? I can't remember...

Great now when I look at this I also start to think of that picture someone drew of a Reala as Wizeman. God I hope not!

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Well, lol, i hate to rain on everyones parade of 'Sega wouldn't do that' but -NiGHTS- had a stupid cape in his redesign works that was -thankgod- scrapped. So yeah..... expect the unexpected D:
It's ok, it's all a horrible dream.

Maybe that's the final dreamscape! The SEGA design workshop! @_@
*runs off screaming hysterically*

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Maybe that's the final dreamscape! The SEGA design workshop! @_@
*runs off screaming hysterically*

Yes, and the final boss will be........ Iizuka
dun dun dun. Or maybe the localization team.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Anyone else notice the six crystals replacing the hands? =3 I haven't read the whole topic yet...so don't be GRAWR on me if I'm not the first.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Reala's a pimp.

All pimps need capes.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
They really don't need to change Reala's design. That would kind of ruin the nostalgia.

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:games, music, REALA, NiD, art, REALA, and...REALA.
Why don't we sum it all up right here, eh?
1.Reala rox
2.a cape would murder his design
3.you really think Reala could get Wizeman in his little 'ol mouth?
4.If Reala didn't get a voice actor[and I do mean if] there would be shipping wars all over the place
5.the top of those curtains don't EVEN bare a litlle [excuse my spelling] resemblence to Reala AT ALL
6.Reala rox
7.If NiGHTS is going to sound like Lara Croft, shouldn't Reala at least sound like Jackie Chan?
8.Capes are more of Jackle's shtick.

>pant<>pant< That is all. :mellow:

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I think that's more of a Wizeman re-design then Reala. The six crystals (hands/eyes?), cape, long gray thing inside the cape are very similar to Wizeman's original design. They could of given Wizeman the horns to make it look more related to the design of the other characters.

Besides... Metal spikey hair is sooo 90's.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Yeah, I'd have to agree with that.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

7.If NiGHTS is going to sound like Lara Croft, shouldn't Reala at least sound like Jackie Chan?

Ahhh... no.

Have you listened to Jackie Chan talk lately? He's an amazing martial artist, but his voice sounds so clumsy.

If you want Reala to have an action star voice, how about Matt Damon, a la Jason Bourne?

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
Ahhh....yes. Jason Bourne. His smexy voice would be perfect for Reala! Thank you for that correction of my temporary insane-ness I get when I talk fast. :lol:

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
How could Reala not be in JoD? It is practically half the fanbase's favorite boss.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Antonio Banderas for Reala's voice, lol. (excuse the incorrect spelling) I mean, Reala was one of the few characters in the original game to speak a full line and, to me, he sounded like he had a hint of Spanish in his voice.
Ok. Well maybe not Antonio Banderas but some other decent Spanish sounding chap might work.

I'm expecting a Sephiroth clone though. All dark and soft.

If he sounds like that evil Genie from Sonic and the Secret Rings i will be a little more than pissed off.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Antonio Banderas for Reala's voice, lol. (excuse the incorrect spelling) I mean, Reala was one of the few characters in the original game to speak a full line and, to me, he sounded like he had a hint of Spanish in his voice.
Ok. Well maybe not Antonio Banderas but some other decent Spanish sounding chap might work.

I'm expecting a Sephiroth clone though. All dark and soft.

If he sounds like that evil Genie from Sonic and the Secret Rings i will be a little more than pissed off.

Actually, I think he sounded more Russian. Know any good Russian action stars?

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
Someone with a high pitched voice and seduces kids..... uhh.... MICHEAL JACKSON! XD well I would think that a more gloomy, deep male will be perfect for Reala's voice, because like NiGHTS he has matured more and is more dark and ...Emo?

The picture sorta looked like Wiseman, if sega choped off the stringy things and glued Maren horn's, or maybe Reala and Wiseman are 1 being in JoD? *Thinking of Spiderman 3*

One more thing, I can't wait to see what Reala really looks like if he's still in the game >.<

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
MICHEAL JACKSON?! Where in Nightopia did you get that from? :o Well, I think Reala's voice should be something like Knux's voice, or maybe even something like Black Doom's.[from Shadow the hedgehog] Wouldn't you agree? TRiPPY, pleeeaaaasssseee help me out, here! :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users