Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Show 3 online

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Show 3 is up on the site now, we completed it ages ago before the site went down so it may seem a little out of date now, but its still good listening XD
Enjoy!

Currently working on show 4. With some twists.

-bret-

-bret-

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Cool. listening to it as I type. :blink:

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
Okay... i havent even listened to it yet... just the very beginning...
and I'll tell you right now....
I was already in tears... on the floor... laughin my ass off...

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I won't be able to listen to it until I'm home later this evening D: Curses! (Thanks for the mention in the description XD)

Tashayarna

Tashayarna

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:plushies, NiGHTS, Pullips, Fashion, J-rock, the japanese, kawwaii lol
The show is Awwsome!! :blink: I got my shout out so Im happy! ^__^ and everyones bits where fun to ^__^

LOL the Advent children bit got me... lol "its because women like girly men in black leather"....true.

EMO

Lol "do you get the concept america? you kick it with your foot."

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
OK, maybe it's just me, but I can't listen to the show at all. For some reason, it loads the whole thing, then sets the file duration to 0:01 and plays a little blipping noise, then stops. Has this happened to anyone else?

Tashayarna

Tashayarna

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:plushies, NiGHTS, Pullips, Fashion, J-rock, the japanese, kawwaii lol

OK, maybe it's just me, but I can't listen to the show at all. For some reason, it loads the whole thing, then sets the file duration to 0:01 and plays a little blipping noise, then stops. Has this happened to anyone else?

nope not to me O_o odd ness

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Ha, Will from the bad side of town. I have one song for you.
"Kevin was a cop, from the East side of Bellridge, back in the U and K, bad in the bad old days!"

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Yet again, awesome show! Really enjoyed it and thanks for doing my shoutout! ^^

I thought the interview parts were great (awesome idea to put the music in the background too) and love to see them feature again sometime in the future.

Thank you for keeping me entertained and look forward to the next one! :blink:

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
All that loads for me is a weird voice saying 'Hello, I'm william', then it reaches the end of the file o_o

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Lol, um no idea why this is happening (other than the trial program liscence has expired >_<) But it doesnt explain why some people can hear it and some cant... hmmm

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
JOF! Jooooof.. JOF!

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
(doo doo doo doo)
hello, i'm william tayl...

oddness. and every time i try to "save target as" my stupid comp tries to die

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Have all the people having probs tried doing the right click save target as thing? Just a thought... but i'm still convinced i'll have to buy the full version of Feedforall.

edit- oh wait, some have, *pulls hair out* XD;

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
It worked for me. I set it to download while I went to the beach, came back and had it safe on my comp. However, explorer errored out afterwards. XD It killlls compies!

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
my computer officially died about 20 mins, sadly. but now it's alive!! i just need to get all my files that i lost back.

curse you evil online shows of comedic and video game goodness!!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
"Swedish entertainment"? XD Thanks, I almost died laughing.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Many American football fans are gonna hate DiGi for his remarks! I am not a big fan of it, so I found the rant rather funny! Another great DC. There should be interviews every show! The song for your anniversary was a great way to end the show. lol, recording the introduction after recording the show... whatever works... WOO SWEDISH ENTERTAINMENT! :lol: Sorry for my randomness in the comment, I'm not very good at transitions. :lol: Here's to many happy, full-of-NiGHTS years of DiGi and TRiPPY! *raises mug/glass/whatever you drink out of*

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
God damn that Wiimote! XD I was so into the trailor I was watery-eyed and that damned thing flew across the screen and I almost died laughing.

Ah, about the football, psshh. How gives a sh!t. Ha ha! Its true, where did they even get associating the name "football" with how they play it here? It spends a good part of the time in your armpit.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
The show definitely brightened my morning in between exams. I'm surprised no one came to see what was up when I was ROFL-ing aloud from the "Jof! Joooof!" bit... amongst others. Glad I wasn't in the library.. sheesh!

Listening to the interviewees was really cool. People have some really nifty voices, and I loooove Swedish accents :lol:

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I love listening to Scandinavians speak in english. It's inexplicably entertaining. Good show as always. I can't wait for the next interview topic. With any luck I won't have a cold this time.

I had a quick question. For all future interviews, can we put in our own music bed if we like?

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
The site and boards are back! YA-HAAAAY!!

And with that done and over-with.. :lol: Grand show yet again! People were looking at me straaaange when I suddenly snorted with laughter at the bus stop this morning! The interviews were AWESOME. Speaking as one who's always introducing others to NiGHTS, it's so cool to hear fellow fans all in one spot! I have this wild ideya of drawing everyone during their interview, almost like Creature Comforts.. thanks BTW for the BGM for everyone! That was a nice touch!

It's nice to know I wasn't the only one bawling my eyes out for the trailer, and I must agree - the Wiimote flying was a moment-killer. XD

This was totally worth the wait! Way to go guys! :lol:

And PS - that last song is beautiful...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm really glad you guys are enjoying it. Would it help anyone if i put the file on a fileshare site to download or something? Can anyone recomend any? The file is like nearly 80Mb, i think that bandwidth here is perhaps killing some peoples downloads, so if i can mirror it then there'd be less problems.

Zero- As DiGi is currently asleep with a hangover *lol* i'll ask him about it when he wakes up.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
It's worked when I downloaded the file, but it's still not working when I click to listen in browser. Which seems kinda weird.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Hmm, so it's a bandwidth issue then, the file is streaming and when lots of different people try to listen in it eats our resources and slows down the site. I was working on the character art sections yesterday and images kept breaking, so yeah. At least it's not just my pc for once *headintodesk*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Currently working on show 4. With some twists.

Well, sort of. Let's not get them all excited just yet, eh? We need to see if we get any replies to those emails we sent out first. ^_^;;;

I love listening to Scandinavians speak in english. It's inexplicably entertaining. Good show as always. I can't wait for the next interview topic. With any luck I won't have a cold this time.

I had a quick question. For all future interviews, can we put in our own music bed if we like?

Ah yeah, about the music. Well, my first idea was to just simply have one single instrumental running throughout all of the voice clips, but then i had this idea to sperate each voice clip with a vynal record being scratched, i.e. turntable style. To me, that would have been a great way to allow one persons voice clip to end and someone else to begin. I decided on keeping the 'scratch samples' in there to seperate each persons voice clip but that meant i couldn't use a singular instrumental. In the end it was more of a last idea to have each voice clip contain different instrumentals that i had lying around on our computer.

If we do this again in the future then you're all more than welcome to use your own instrumentals in the background. Of course, you'll have to be sensible about it. There's no point in having a background track playing if it ends up being louder than your voice. And there's also no point in having a background track that contains lyrics when you're trying to talk, also. It gets mixed in with your own words and then you can't hear your own voice clearly. I tried to have 'Dreams Dreams' playing in the background on one of our previous shows but it sounds too clashy and complicated. And, of cource, it would need to be done with decent quality too. None of this 'recording from a CD player with a computer mic' because the final result is usually shabby.

I did try my best with the voice clips i were given. Some of you had altered them already before sending, which cut my work down a bit so cheers. ^_^

Glad most of you are enjoying the show so far. It's, by far, our best show yet and was really fun to make. Gettin' TRiPPY's brother DeZ in as a special guest for the interview was a spur of the moment thing as well. XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

In the end it was more of a last idea to have each voice clip contain different instrumentals that i had lying around on our computer.

I heard a remix of Jurassic Park in there, man. Where the hell'd you get that?? ^_^

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
#$%*. Still doesn't work. I can get it to download/stream up to 18.5k of each audio clip. It won't play any of the files, not just DC03. The duration of my little blip has increased, though -- now I can get "Hello--", though nothing else comes through. 'Tis rather bizarre, if you ask me.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, for the most part, people seem to be able to download our show just fine. Our email inbox confirms this since everyones telling us that we done good on it....so....i guess it's still down to the server acting gumpy. Nothing we can do there for you, i'm afraid. Please hang up and try again. :/

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
I'll watch it later (i'm on my main computer cause my laptop doesn't have the internet for much later...bastard wireless) but i can't wait to hear it; i missed this site.

Lunar

Lunar

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Loved the Podcast. Course, I did that thing again where I listen to while trying to sleep, and end up not actually sleeping cause I'm LAUGHING. I have a job now. This could be bad? XD

I have a question, but it's real related to the cast itself, so I'll drop you, DiGi, a PM on it. Overall, nice job. Very amusing, informative (seeing as how I dun actively search for it), and all around well done. Cheers to the both of you. Now, I'm off to bed, as it's 7AM and I have to work at 12PM.

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
This show was great!! XD LoL it was fun hearing everyone!... Tho in comparison I sounded so duuuuull XD Blargh!

heh heh... "Wizeman is to William what Robotnik was to Knuckles" XD poor gullible SEGA characters X3

Anyway, I hope you guys do the interviews again ^_^ it was fun and insightful!

And while I was listening it was great to see my bro do a double take when he heard me talking on the computer LoL.

Last song was most lovely ^_^

Edit: Sonic 1 Bonus stage for the win!! XD

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
YAY!! Funny, funny, funny, cool show! Heehee....Stalker 'Maren! RUN JOF, RUUUUUN!! lol. I still say my voice sucks when it's recorded..... ^_^ RANTS RUUUUUULE!!!!

Lavos

Lavos

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Good job on this one, guys. ^.^

Interviews were great, and the opening had me laughing my head off. XD

Btw, I missed you guys. ^_^

Not that Right Said Fred ain't good, but it's just not the same.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
God that ferking SONG got stuck in OUR heads too T_T

THERE HE IS!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Hahah, glad you all liked the show. It certainly was a job and a half trying to get everything together. But it seems to have paid off. ^^

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)

Hahah, glad you all liked the show. It certainly was a job and a half trying to get everything together. But it seems to have paid off. ^^

The work was well worth it cause it was a trip LoL. I just bursted out laughing randomly throughout the show lol

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
This show was awesome, I enjoyed it so much! It's the first time I ever experienced anything like that, I mean, fans making radioshows for fans... (btw, listening to podcast at, like, 2-3 am is a plain FUN)

I love the "new kid's babbling" at the intro. Intro just has to be this, it can't be anything else! I also love the musical arragement, it's marvellous. And the interwievs were great; I liked listening to them.
Looking forward to hear new podcast show. You guys are amazing, I wish you good luck and good time with your work :P

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Ugh, I can't seem to listen to it DX All I hear is this "Buuurrr WIISSH" and it ends.

((O.O));;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Have you tried saving it to your PC instead of listening to it just by clicking the linky? You can always delete the file later (because its a big file that takes up space)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users