Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

E3

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
So E3 then, like last year i'll be watching the live feeds rabidly waiting for someone to utter the word NiGHTS. Which this year fortunately is going to happen.

Favour, can someone grab me any JoD related e3 stuff (video whatever) and mail it to the subs account to i can add it to the video archive. NiGHTS at E3 is kinda monumental and i'd like to look back on it in 4 years time. There might only be a short onstage mention, just a trailer or perhaps just booth stuff, but lets all try find nice stuff to watch today via the int0rnets.

I didn't sleep lastnight ;_;

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I'll keep an eye out for E3-related NiGHTS stuff..... :3.

Ooh, I'm looking excited to E3 this year 8D!

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
1 hour, 45 minutes to go. Horray.

Are there any good places to watch the live feeds online this year? Gamespot seems to be for members and 1up sucks.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm wondering how much Sega is gonna reveal.. tuning in to G4's E3 coverage I keep muttering to myself "talk about NiGHTS!"

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Oh well XD; It annoys me that they showed stuff like Rayman and didn't really talk much about upcoming games like they did last year.
Still, it was a nice enough watch, a bit dead compared to 06, hardly any clappage, Miyamoto is still however god.

Do software people like Sega do individual smaller shows at all?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Some are doing that, but I'm not sure if Sega is. It's really only the big companies who are.

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
I don't believe they are, or if they are, Gamespot doesn't say so. They didn't do one last year, but I think EA is doing one. As much as I love SEGA, I don't think they're near as big as EA or Konami.

WiiFit looks fun, though! I missed the beginning of the conference, but I read that Mario and Sonic raced, and that Mario kept up? Is that true, because I'll be pretty angry if it is.

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Haha, yes, Mario was right next to him. :)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Haha, yes, Mario was right next to him. :)

I call sabotage on Nintendo's part. Sonic Team can't let them get away with this! Mario keeping up with Sonic, running.. sheer blasphemy and I will have none of it.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, that was a bit sh!t.
We just watched the PS3 conference and did anybody count how many times that dude said 'exclusive' in his speeches? That was irritating. Talk about trying to monopolize the market. The only thing Sony seem to be able to do is get exclusive pieces of boring sh!t. The only thing that slightly interested me from their camp was Metal Gear Solid 4...and even that began to drag out. All Sony seem to have are bloody first person shoot 'em ups. It all began looking bland and dull after the 3rd game was shown. Though, they did do one thing at this conference that Nintendo should have done and that is show off more game footage/trailers.
Nintendo spent ages talking about sale profits and what not. Yeah, it's all good but we wanted to see what the games look like too. The Mario and Sonic title only had something like 10 seconds of screen time....where as Sony's sh!t, KillZone, just dragged and dragged for ages.

All in all, it was fun watching it and i'm getting a big buzz of the announcement of Mario Kart with online playablity. Plus, the way Reggie mentioned Smash Bros. Brawl...did anyone else think he was about to mention Sonic in his speech? He followed up Mario&Sonic at the Olympics with Brawl by saying something about the competition between Sega and Nintendo. I honestly thought he was about to announce Sonic in the roster. Oh well.

We're still keeping an eye out for anything new relating NiGHTS. If you find it before we do, hit this topic up asap.
Cheers.

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey guys, I thought you might want to see this. Someone took the gameplay video and added music from Splash
Garden to it, and it fits perfectly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8Ulku0u2k...ted&search=

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
The good parts were the game videos. Mario Kart, Galaxy, and Metriod all look really cool, and I keep imagining Mario and Sonic at the Olympics to be just Wii Sports with Mario and Sonic characters tagged on. I just wanna play as Knuckles in a race against Luigi! An interview Gamespot posted said that NiGHTS will most likely be shown in SEGA's booth. Hope it does!

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Hey guys, I thought you might want to see this. Someone took the gameplay video and added music from Splash
Garden to it, and it fits perfectly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8Ulku0u2k...ted&search=

good find, really the music makes the games mood so much better.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
NiGHTS wasn't playable at E3. Sadly. They could only watch a representative play.

They've got thier impressions up now. No new info to speak of, other than how it was controlled at that point in development.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Well, that was a bit sh!t.
We just watched the PS3 conference and did anybody count how many times that dude said 'exclusive' in his speeches? That was irritating. Talk about trying to monopolize the market. The only thing Sony seem to be able to do is get exclusive pieces of boring sh!t. The only thing that slightly interested me from their camp was Metal Gear Solid 4...and even that began to drag out. All Sony seem to have are bloody first person shoot 'em ups. It all began looking bland and dull after the 3rd game was shown. Though, they did do one thing at this conference that Nintendo should have done and that is show off more game footage/trailers.
Nintendo spent ages talking about sale profits and what not. Yeah, it's all good but we wanted to see what the games look like too. The Mario and Sonic title only had something like 10 seconds of screen time....where as Sony's sh!t, KillZone, just dragged and dragged for ages.

All in all, it was fun watching it and i'm getting a big buzz of the announcement of Mario Kart with online playablity. Plus, the way Reggie mentioned Smash Bros. Brawl...did anyone else think he was about to mention Sonic in his speech? He followed up Mario&Sonic at the Olympics with Brawl by saying something about the competition between Sega and Nintendo. I honestly thought he was about to announce Sonic in the roster. Oh well.

We're still keeping an eye out for anything new relating NiGHTS. If you find it before we do, hit this topic up asap.
Cheers.

Wait, the general consensus was Sony kind of won the show this year.

Oh and no interest in LittleBigPlanet? I'm shocked.

As for NiGHTS, still seems they're struggling to find a way to make it work well with the remote. So, looks like classic play may be the order of the day.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

NiGHTS wasn't playable at E3. Sadly. They could only watch a representative play.

They've got thier impressions up now. No new info to speak of, other than how it was controlled at that point in development.

I ALMOST made it with another new bit, but yet again, someone posted the info right before me! Oh well, the people made the incorrect statement of attacking a boss straight out of the original, when it in fact is only a mere clone IGN! Dang it! Why couldn't it be playable? WHY? :P :)

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Ah, oh well.. at least we have some ideya of one control schema. I wonder why they won't let on about the Wiimote-only setup..? Come on, this is E3! Show off a little! XD Alas, Sega, how you tease us so!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Wait, the general consensus was Sony kind of won the show this year.

Good for them. I couldn't give two shits since they still bored the hell out of me.

As for Sega. Well, they're doing their usual thing where they fall short on doing something amazing. Their one and only chance to really hype this game up to the press and sell it for all it's worth before it's release in the Winter....aaaand, nope, there goes another chance.
*salutes Sega yet again*

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
DiGi
I think Sega had a pretty good strategy here. They knew that all the big TV channels would focus on the big consoles, so they did the simple and effective thing. They showed the trailor and gameplay before E3. Seeing how well it worked on the forums, it was probably the smartest thing that Sega ever did. Oh, BTW. E3 isn't public anymore so now it is focussed more on business. Bad move Sony, you showed gameplay while Nintendo learned people about how well its business is doing. I suppose Wii is gonna get more third party games now.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Fair points. But i still think Sega could have sold this game to the people viewing by just showing more of it. Bloody hell, all the other companies hype their games to sh!t yet Sega just seem really quiet about things all the time. It's just irritating, that's all. Games like Metal Gear and Smash Bros get huge amounts of hype. And Sega know that people are becoming interested in the game so it would seem to be a good idea if they showed them more of it.
But, if they ain't ready to show it off then they ain't ready. What else can i say? What else is new?

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
The cynicism in this topic bugs me.
To be honest, I can't say I expected a lot out of SEGA considering what they are now, so I'm really damn happy for the little we got. ...Which was a really, really cheesy trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHKWEm565C4

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

The cynicism in this topic bugs me.

Appologies. After 11 years, though, I kind of expected just a little more than what is being put out. That's all.

-bret-

-bret-

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
y'know guys, there's more than one gaming expo. I mean, something's bound to be shown at Tokyo Game Show, right?

Certainly the Japanese give a sh!t about NiGHTS JoD.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Games like Metal Gear and Smash Bros get huge amounts of hype. And Sega know that people are becoming interested in the game so it would seem to be a good idea if they showed them more of it.

See, the thing is, Smash Bros and Metal gear are system sellers. NiGHTS at best, will sell OK, but just OK. Why waste all the money and incur a bigger potential loss/overall reduced profit from the game?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I agree with Louis. considering this year and all subsequent E3 showings will be more focused on the business side of things, NiGHTS isnt a big business priority. however for the gamers who enjoy it, we all knew about it, and Sega provided a very nice trailer and sneaked in a gameplay vid to boot. The trailer itself seems manufactured for mass consumption, and will most likely be shown in that form on demo kiosks and possibly TV. But ITs nintendos show and obviously they would focus on their games. sega fans know what NiGHTS is. the newcomers will find out about it when nintendo pushes its fall/winter lineup.

Also, I agree that MS and nintendos game lineups seem a lot more interesting than Sony's. Its kind of amazing that the previously dominating Sony would throw away the formula that made them a smashing success and focus on the core gamers. Im seeing it play out in that people say Sony won the E3, but only for the most hardcore of gamers. everyone else wasnt really catered to. Nintendo once again reveals a lot more OUTSIDE of its press conference, in the form of demos and trailers. and from what Ive seen of Metroid, Brawl, and Galaxy, all out THIS year, well that would have been enough, but now I have a GODDAMN SEQUEL TO NiGHTS to sweeten the pie. It really is the best end of year lineup Ive ever seen as far as Im concerned. my most beloved Sega game is back full force, and they even shocked the world with a collaborative Nintendo/Sega effort pitting the two mascots together. Its a fantastic time to be a Nintendo and Sega fan. good times indeed.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
I believe that the press conference yesterday *was* aimed for the businessmen - the journalists and those who would be interested in Nintendo's financial status. However, Nintendo's got something coming today as well. This one will likely be aimed for casual gamers. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if they want to talk about NiGHTS, they're doing it today.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I thought today they just had a hall with a few demos?

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Also, I agree that MS and nintendos game lineups seem a lot more interesting than Sony's. Its kind of amazing that the previously dominating Sony would throw away the formula that made them a smashing success and focus on the core gamers. Im seeing it play out in that people say Sony won the E3, but only for the most hardcore of gamers. everyone else wasnt really catered to. Nintendo once again reveals a lot more OUTSIDE of its press conference, in the form of demos and trailers. and from what Ive seen of Metroid, Brawl, and Galaxy, all out THIS year, well that would have been enough, but now I have a GODDAMN SEQUEL TO NiGHTS to sweeten the pie. It really is the best end of year lineup Ive ever seen as far as Im concerned. my most beloved Sega game is back full force, and they even shocked the world with a collaborative Nintendo/Sega effort pitting the two mascots together. Its a fantastic time to be a Nintendo and Sega fan. good times indeed.

I know this goes in the gaming industry thread, but I gotta talk bout this.

I really agree. Sony was always the casual gamers console, and now with all this high-pricedness and core-gamerness, they threw most of their market out the window. Its like they haven't learned anything from Sega's mistakes with the Saturn. Excessive pricing and advertising directed at hardcore gamers will not bring in profits, which is all the Sony really cares about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users