Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Even More Journey of Dreams Screens/+TRAILER&GAMEPLAY!

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

I know for a fact that Secret Rings was in production for a long time to make proper use of the Wii's capabilities. I suppose that experience is what allows Sonic Team to make this game in the short time given. Now if only other third-party developers would follow SEGA. Nintendo is taking plenty of time on a lot of good games that must be monumental to compete with PS3 games that are coming out.

nintendo now has the luxury of not having to rush its games out to keep the system afloat. the wii pretty much sells on wii sports and its own hype, giving nintendo time to really polish the sh!t out of games. I hope Sega polishes NiGHTS as much asp ossible too. given the short dev time though they will have to be very efficient with the last 5 months.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Just of note, to those who are still sceptical to the existance of A-Life in this game, when NiGHTS grabs onto and circles that first Bird maren, he then drill dashes it, and the maren flys off as that all-too-familiar ball of bouncy destruction.
Now why would it do that if there were no Pians ?

how is it a remake? It has similar elements sure, but the method of ideya catpure is very different, and the level designs are clearly different. Also the kids are completely different kids. theres no way its just a remake.

I believe it is a remake beacuse there are so many damn similaritys. Not a direct remake, a very loose one.
  • Helen and Claris both share Musical talent
  • Elliot and William both share Sports talent
  • Into FMV similar - running away from RANDOM MAREN.
  • The two similar Splash Garden levels
  • The similar "behind NiGHTS" tunnel section of said levels
  • TwinSeeds Tower/Big Clock - NiGHTS atop both
  • Puffy/Fuckle - Same method of attacks/defeat
  • Similar sound effects
  • Ideya Palace. Why would NiGHTS be contained in one again ?

Dude, we've known this was gonna be a remake for a long time. If I'm not mistaken, late Winter or early Spring is when we knew. Check the JoD news on this site. I suppose Iizuka is sticking to his word when he said he wanted to give back to the loyal fans. He knows many never played the origional, so a remake is very welcomed by people like me. Then, for the fans who have played the game, it is introducing a lot of atleast semi-new stuff. Can you honestly say that you don't want more of the same when it comes to NiGHTS, though?

We didn't know for sure, and many people still don't think it is. There were a few interviews/articles where it mentioned a sequal, and some where it said re-make.

I'm fine for a semi-remake though. It's NiGHTS as we knew it, but a tad more realistic. I'd love if it was more fantastical, but at least there's no guns, which is what most people seem to for realism in games nowadays :P

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Just of note, to those who are still sceptical to the existance of A-Life in this game, when NiGHTS grabs onto and circles that first Bird maren, he then drill dashes it, and the maren flys off as that all-too-familiar ball of bouncy destruction.
Now why would it do that if there were no Pians ?
I believe it is a remake beacuse there are so many damn similaritys. Not a direct remake, a very loose one.

• Helen and Claris both share Musical talent
  • Elliot and William both share Sports talent
  • Into FMV similar - running away from RANDOM MAREN.
  • The two similar Splash Garden levels
  • The similar "behind NiGHTS" tunnel section of said levels
  • TwinSeeds Tower/Big Clock - NiGHTS atop both
  • Puffy/Fuckle - Same method of attacks/defeat
  • Similar sound effects
  • Ideya Palace. Why would NiGHTS be contained in one again ?
We didn't know for sure, and many people still don't think it is. There were a few interviews/articles where it mentioned a sequal, and some where it said re-make.

I'm fine for a semi-remake though. It's NiGHTS as we knew it, but a tad more realistic. I'd love if it was more fantastical, but at least there's no guns, which is what most people seem to for realism in games nowadays :P

I dont think of it as a remake specifically, since it has plenty of differences, but I remember Iizuka mentioning the word "reimagining". If that is the case, then thats definitely what it is. not quite a full on remake, but another take on the original game.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*LMAO* its my TYPICAL LUCK that the night the videos go up and everyone is rolling aroud in glee our internet gets cut off because my brother didnt pay it in time XD
We're back now though, many hours later ahaha.

Ok. Commence fangirlsih screaming. (which i've had to hold in for the past few minutes since coming back online and dicking around with a million emails all telling us the same thing XD!!! you guys! *hugs*)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH >o< omg i'm so happy, it runs so much better than i expected from all the negative things i was hearing. I was trying to not let myself get excited incase i was to be sorely disapointed after 11 years of madwoman raving but GAH it's beautiful, and what makes me happy is it's still got a few months on it.

Did anyone else do the sitting at PC screen shaking with excitement gripping on to dear life to anyone close thing? *snort*
*flaps around in happy*

KEYS! XD Jof cola plz.

INTERNET COMPANY I HATE YOU ahahha, but still we got a lot of the podcast done lastnight, which is hilarious, so we can finis it tonight with our thoughts on the videos. Some fan screaming is definately required on my part XD

OMGOMOMGOMGOMG.

CRAP i'm so excited that i cant concentrate on updating, my hands are shaking too much *lmao*

thankyou for all the email links to the videos, you guys are the best.

11 years,

man.

*runs off to try update with major butterflies*

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*drops dead in a very unprofesional admin manner*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
So, anyone think it'll be playable at E3 this evening/tomorrow?

I'll be keeping an eye out for any info at the Nintendo Press Conference tomorrow 5PM (GMT), in #nightsintodreams, come join us for random commentaries as the 'action' unfolds.

And damn, I like the game now. :P

I'm not allowed to like the game.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

*LMAO* its my TYPICAL LUCK that the night the videos go up and everyone is rolling aroud in glee our internet gets cut off because my brother didnt pay it in time XD
We're back now though, many hours later ahaha.

Ok. Commence fangirlsih screaming. (which i've had to hold in for the past few minutes since coming back online and dicking around with a million emails all telling us the same thing XD!!! you guys! *hugs*)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH >o< omg i'm so happy, it runs so much better than i expected from all the negative things i was hearing. I was trying to not let myself get excited incase i was to be sorely disapointed after 11 years of madwoman raving but GAH it's beautiful, and what makes me happy is it's still got a few months on it.

Did anyone else do the sitting at PC screen shaking with excitement gripping on to dear life to anyone close thing? *snort*
*flaps around in happy*
KEYS! XD Jof cola plz.

INTERNET COMPANY I HATE YOU ahahha, but still we got a lot of the podcast done lastnight, which is hilarious, so we can finis it tonight with our thoughts on the videos. Some fan screaming is definately required on my part XD

OMGOMOMGOMGOMG.

CRAP i'm so excited that i cant concentrate on updating, my hands are shaking too much *lmao*

thankyou for all the email links to the videos, you guys are the best.

11 years,

man.

*runs off to try update with major butterflies*
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*drops dead in a very unprofesional admin manner*

Actually, that was pretty much my reaction too. I was shaking like a goddamn leaf and saying OMGOMGHOLYSHIT exactly like when I posted the gameplay trailer. Its good to see the #1 NiGHTS fan happy with the game :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Well the game has went into testing in the UK now, so i'm not entirely sure it will be fit for E3 just yet.

I know how you feel XD; I'm still trying to remain sensible and critical about it.. but... i cant help acting like a 12 year old over new FMV and gameplay footage after imagining it for so long. Damn you sega T_T

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

I'll be keeping an eye out for any info at the Nintendo Press Conference tomorrow 5PM (GMT), in #nightsintodreams, come join us for random commentaries as the 'action' unfolds.

And damn, I like the game now. :P

I'm not allowed to like the game.

I knew this was bound to happen eventually. *grabs chalk and gives self a point* Now that you're converted, what will we do to wait for this game? Oh and has DiGi seen this yet?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
He was having the life squeezed out of him. Joint glee ensued. Even my brother was impressed after slagging it off lastnight.

OK IM GOINGTO UPDATE NOW D:

PS) Jof i'm nicking your screenies bitch.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Well the game has went into testing in the UK now, so i'm not entirely sure it will be fit for E3 just yet.

I know how you feel XD; I'm still trying to remain sensible and critical about it.. but... i cant help acting like a 12 year old over new FMV and gameplay footage after imagining it for so long. Damn you sega T_T

Yeah, NiGHTS has a way of bringing out the kid in you, no matter how old you are. and I really think this game has nailed that feeling already. It feels just as magical as the first and it isnt even done. But now its far more expansive and the worlds are more detailed. It really is a dream come true that this game exists. And the wii is officially my favorite gaming console ever now. NiGHTS, Brawl, SMG, Zelda TP, Metroid 3, Zack and Wiki, Dewey, all these awesome fun games are making this little system every bit ask ickass as the HD ones. But this game is by far my favorite, most anticipated game on the system. Sega, I still love you.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Innotech, I totally agree with you. TRiPPY, good to hear.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Well that hasn't stopped companies before. Especially Sega. I'm pretty sure I remember OneClassyBloke (pretty much the biggest leaker on the scene afik) at the GHZ forums mentioning how Sonic 06 was in early testing a little while after E3 that year. Could have been a short while before though.

Either way.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Well that hasn't stopped companies before. Especially Sega. I'm pretty sure I remember OneClassyBloke (pretty much the biggest leaker on the scene afik) at the GHZ forums mentioning how Sonic 06 was in early testing a little while after E3 that year. Could have been a short while before though.

Either way.

arent you supposed to hate this game?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

You need to read her post from 2:48 today, then my reply. I'm gonna need more chalk for what I'm expecting. ^.^

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

You know, there's so much about it that I do, but in light of today it's moved to a slight liking of the game.

Slight.

I still think a sequel is a bad idea as it stands.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
KWeeee~!! *___________* These are all absolutely beautiful. <3's~ I've had to wait all night to watch them because I only have dial-up internets at home. TwT At work we have a T-1 connection so I finally got to see NiGHTS in all his shiny goodness. *dies*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Posted Image

wooooooooosh

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted Image
wooooooooosh

yeah. Gaf was having a field day with that gif.

February Chaos

February Chaos

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
This is so cool.
Ever since I heard there was a new NiGHTS game coming I've been dreaming of trailers. And here they are!
*Faints of happyness*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

yeah. Gaf was having a field day with that gif.

I know, best thing to come out of that game so far.

Please say the tutorials are all animated like that.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

Hmmm Sega reports say that NiGHTS will indeed be featured at E3, so perhaps they will have something playable. Unless they mean 'e3' as in just showing the trailer.

I remember this time last year. We were all so convinced sitting in that chatroom watching the live feed that NiGHTS2 was going to be unveiled.

2007 i love you.

I wish it was tommorow already. Need to see the conf!

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
*back for a more intelligent reply* ....dammit, you guys have already said everything good. D< Well, I agree. It'll be really interesting to see where this actually ends though. *excited*

...I love that Phuckle says "Jof!" when he's hit... also, I really really like the look and feel of him now, he's scary like whoa for me. Clowns belong in a nightmare dammit!

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
*Gasps* DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!!!, it would be funny when it finally releases and once you put that CD in the Wii, there would be a message that says "WES JUST F[_][KING AROUND!!! - Sega" Or Even they start playing a Crush 40 version of Dreams Dreams!, >.> Once I get the game I'm going under the video cam and mic to Review the game, Sorta like the Angry Nintendo Nerd ^^; Until then!

EDiOT!: Also I heard that G4 Tech Tv is gonna have a E3 Exclusive where their gonna probably have something said about NiGHTS >.>

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

it would be funny when it finally releases and once you put that CD in the Wii, there would be a message that says "WES JUST F[_][KING AROUND!!! - Sega"

Funny? THAT WOULD BE AWEFUL! PAYING $50 FOR A NEW NiGHTS GAME AFTER 11 YEARS, (never played the original on my part. :() AND GETTING THAT MESSAGE! WE COULD ALL SUE! YAAAAAAAY SUEING! Anyway, something has intrigued me about Gamespot today: both videos of NiGHTS are gone! The web addresses still exist, but the game page doesn't show them anywhere! I wonder if it is just a site error, or if the videos were released too soon... BUT NOW IT CAN'T BE STOPPED! HAHAHAHA!! THE WHOLE NiGHTS COMMUNITY KNOWS OF AND HAS SEEN THESE VIDEOS!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT LIVES!!! :blink:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I have the videos, im just waiting for a nice dude to convert them for me :blink: Higher quality too than youtube.

edit- (until then)
just incase anyone missed gamespot said person uploaded them to google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...98491&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...43021&hl=en

Enjoy.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I would help if I knew what to do... Oh well. I was one of the ones to post this stuff, so I did my part to help the NiGHTS community! w00t! Hope I am able to do more for everyone here in some way or another (even if it involves saying the word w00t :blink: )!

EDIT: animejosse's Phuckle avatar is creeping me out! The creepiness is out of the park on this Maren! If only it wasn't such an obvious Puffy rip off.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I'm considering posting a little sound clip of my initial reaction.. but I sound like such an emotional dork I'm not so sure. XD In any case, thank you all once again, each and every one of you, you've helped make our dream come true! *GROUP GLOMP*

I really did cry, and I really did get through the whole work day with a huge grin on my face. I even told my co-workers! "A really good friend of mine came back after a decade!" "I was such a mess, crying and laughing.." "It's been over a decade, but he hasn't changed much!" "Where does he live? Oh, he travels from here to there.."

See? DORK.

But still an enthusiastically happy dork, so WHEEEEEEEEE!!

*watches vids over and over again* Bwahahaa, Puffle knows Jof by name! ;3

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
OFF TOPIC: I love the NiGHTS bunny you have Kori! Just thought I would mention that.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

*watches vids over and over again* Bwahahaa, Puffle knows Jof by name! ;3

Hahah :blink:

Sorry, I meant to comment on your finding before. But man, that's kinda freaky ! :(

EDIT : I was just watching the gameplay video again and noticed something. I know theres fish floating about the stage, but this looks a bit more.. solid, and attackable.

Posted Image

Seahorse Maren ?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Hahah :blink:

Sorry, I meant to comment on your finding before. But man, that's kinda freaky ! :(

EDIT : I was just watching the gameplay video again and noticed something. I know theres fish floating about the stage, but this looks a bit more.. solid, and attackable.

Posted Image

Seahorse Maren ?

Score. *Gets chalk out*
have a cookie as well.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I think I've just found the first definate minion Nightmare, bar the birds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attacking Pufferfish of DOOM.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Yeah, I saw those before. You can't get a good look at them in the video though.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I also just noticed that the Bird Maren that flee from you POO OUT BLUE CHIPS...

EDIT : Scratch that. I'm wrong. Clipping error.

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Wow, this is great. I just wish I could have had more experience with NiGHTS until a month ago so that I could have shared the excitement that a lot of you have.

The Disney voice in the trailer is somewhat of a lol, but it's pretty fitting. Everything looks awesome though, I just wish they'd have given us some music. :blink:

mmmmmm

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Thanks shadow, and Jof too! XD Great finds had by all! I never noticed the seahorse, it's so adorable.. do I hafta attack it..? LOL

At first I wondered what NiGHTS was doing grabbing the bird's back end.. either grabbing a tail key or... demanding more blue chips? ^^;;;

EDIT: NVM same as Jof. But still, makes an interesting image!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I was all into the trailer and drooling and sh!t and then this Wiimote flew across the screen and I burst out laughing.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
It would be so funny if my wiimote started glittering like the one in the trailer.

Posted Image

"WTF?!? w00t!!!!"

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
It's only a matter of time before that becomes a sig.

edit: too late.

edit edit: I think if your Wiimote started glittering, it would be damaging discharge. That would be much more likely from something that Sony or Microsft made.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
The demons look like the ones I always draw in MSN. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users