Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Even More Journey of Dreams Screens/+TRAILER&GAMEPLAY!

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Oh, has someone emailed DiGi and/or TRiPPY about this? I could do it if not! What is the email again?

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
Man I so love you guys.
Is anyone as intoxicated by this thread as I am? YEHA
Posted Image

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
^what he said^ :D

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Oh....My.....GOD.

That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I'm still not sure I'm not dreaming.

And It's not even coming out until fall! Think about how it will look then!

Someone REALLY needs to contact DiGi and TRiPPY about this.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Oh....My.....GOD.

That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I'm still not sure I'm not dreaming.

And It's not even coming out until fall! Think about how it will look then!

I know. Its a shame theyre probably asleep and unaware that the first movcing footage of a new NiGHTS game in 11 years is here. No doubt theyll have their criticisms though XD.

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Well, I'm sure there are probably many things wrong with it, but heck if I'm going to be the first to point them out.

Plus, I'm sure they'll react the same way we are.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
Bah! We can brag about being the absolute FIRST to bask in the splendor of this phantasmagoric adventure in full motion. Everyone will find out soon enough. But I do agree, Trip and Digi have some serious updates to make.

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
So true. Welp, I've got to go to bed now.

I'm going to have sweet dreams tonight!

{Ugh, that was pretty bad...} :D

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

I emailed them, and I'm sure plenty of others have too! If not, well, I did, so they WILL know, THEY WILL!!!!!! BTW, nice SRB2 avatar! Have you played the Botanic Serenity NiGHTS mod for SRB2? The unlockable level is worth it, bvuz it is more like NiGHTS than the initial level, but it doesn't give you enough time, either that or I just suck, but I hope it's the first one.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
ont worry. I think were killing the boardXD I double posted on accident too.

Fushidane

Fushidane

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I think I can die happy this year.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
But what if you die before November?

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Looking good looking good! xD
I like the Disneyish trailer...very fitting I think ^^ Except where he goes 'where dreams come true' or something and shows us Fuckle xD
Oh well I guess they only had limited material to work with. But it does look very close to the original ^^
I don't quite get the thing with the birds though...in some scenes NiGHTS was flying around with what looked like a feather? I wonder what thats for!

Oh and I hope TRiPPY and DiGi might get round to doing a new podcast about this! That would be awesome!

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Was it me or were there no pians/other maren in the trailer? Also, hat the hell is the point of the blue chips without the old ideya?

Bad juju.

Edit: Strike the other maren thing, there are two green blob things in it, just for like a micro second though.

Oh and as for the actual trailer, I'm digging the music, nothing else.

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
>.< watch the Game Trailer make me feel like I'm watching a advertising for The Last Mimzy XD

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

reeeaaaally sorry about the triple post... :( Is there a way for my second and third posts to be deleted?

Fixed! No worries :lol:

To get on topic... SQUEE! I agree that the official trailer feels very Disney, and there's definitely room for improvement... but still. I squealed out loud when I saw NiGHTS landing on the spire *___* Dear Sega/Sonic Team, don't screw this up!

Edit: Watching it again, I think I'm more accepting for "Phuckle" as a boss now XD

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Finally found the trailor on youtube. I'm a bit mixed, I suppose it really is a good way to display what the game is about. I think the Disney-esque trailor is Sonic Team's sweet revenge for High School Musical. Well played Sega, well played.

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Don't believe that official JoD music thing on youtube for a second. It came from Blackarmsstudios, a guy from over at the Sonic Stadium community. He always claims to know stuff about upcoming games way before theyre release, and when the final product is out, and nothing he said holds ground, he claims it was taken out. He's just grabbed a nice Orchestral track from somewhere and slapped it onto some screenshots to play his game again.

That isn't entirely true, Blackarms has called some stuff that would be nearly impossible to guess about the games unless you played it. He does have his inaccuracies, but it's totally possible that Sega doesn't give him the final build so no concrete spoilers leak out. Also his dad takes the screenshots for strategy guides or something.

Now, he has taken his own assumptions as fact a few times, but I really doubt that's the case here.

About the pians... notice that the bird turned into a ball after NiGHTS killed it. I doubt that happens for no reason.

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
*EXPLODES WITH PRETTINESS*

I'll come back later for a more intelligent reply. *___________*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
O.O.... *JOYGASM* *SHOT*

Errr.... OMG MORE VIDEOS! WEE~ 8D!.: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yynjCYej1-4

*DANCES*

EDiT: Ok. The Opening Video basically is a teaser of some gameplay, and a voice-over talking about the basis of the gameplay and the setting. Probably will convince some people into buying NiGHTS :3. It's shorter than the one on Gamespot, so I suggest checking it out if you have Dial-Up. Bloody Dial-Up ><.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aZm2eTNOOZE&NR=1

It looks SO much better with music.

Definitely some smaller minions in there now, they look kind of like old ones, but it's so blurry it's hard to see.

You know, I'm starting to come round to the idea now. It seems the keys do raise the cage a bit and the blue chips make the birds go slower/NiGHTS go faster.

I could learn to like this, if Sega make the levels a bit more busy and NiGHTS a bit faster by default.

Oh yes.

(God, what am I saying?)

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

XD Agreed :3.

Definitely some smaller minions in there now, they look kind of like old ones, but it's so blurry it's hard to see.

You know, I'm starting to come round to the idea now. It seems the keys do raise the cage a bit and the blue chips make the birds go slower/NiGHTS go faster.

I didn't notice them XD.

It seems that you have to get keys from the birds, yeah (Which suspiciously remind me of the Metal Gears from MGS2). Then take it to the 'Key Palace'. I didn't notice whether it raised them or not, or whether the blue chips made NiGHTS go faster, but you're probably right.

You might also need 20 Blue Chips, like in the last game, to get the key in the bird/Metal Gear :lol: ?

-bret-

-bret-

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
:0

I'm going to run naked in the street now.

That narrated trailer was very disney-esque, unfortunately. The gameplaymovie however is what looks to be the makings of the most beautiful stylized game ever conceived.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I'm pretty sure this is all "early" footage, as we've seen no more new levels than what they released back in April. (Well, except for the forest level design in the trailer..) The levels are so huge and open now, there must be plenty of things to keep NiGHTS busy in the works! :3

Either way, I'm too excited to be disappointed by anything! XD

-bret-

-bret-

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Agreed. It looks too much like its predecessor for anyone to be disappointed. :lol:

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

I emailed them, and I'm sure plenty of others have too! If not, well, I did, so they WILL know, THEY WILL!!!!!! BTW, nice SRB2 avatar! Have you played the Botanic Serenity NiGHTS mod for SRB2? The unlockable level is worth it, bvuz it is more like NiGHTS than the initial level, but it doesn't give you enough time, either that or I just suck, but I hope it's the first one.

Thanks! Actually, it's a sprite from the Sonic the Screensaver I found and recolored in Paint.

I used to play SRB2 all the time! I unlocked everything except the NiGHTS level and Zim. (Some site said he was unlockable, I never found out how.) I deleted it, and then I redownloaded it after Botanic Serenity came out. I loved it!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938874/61738...ameplay-movie-1

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT
HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT
H
OLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT

!!!! OMG FINALLY! Joy..

Heh I see what you guys mean by 'Disney' trailer..

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Wow. Seeing the two movies has definately restored my faith in this game. It looks like they've barely even touched the engine of the first game, and ported it over. This is NiGHTS as we know it : D

I loved the Disney trailer, really set the mood well, and I'm always won over by cheesey narrators :lol:.
Gameplay looks great.

HEY LOOK TRiPPY. WE WERE RIGHT LYKES. KEYS AND IDEYA.

That cage is definately the Ideya Palace, the birds are Ideya Captures that fly really really fast (maybye the blue chips increase your speed ?) , and they kept in the old sounds ! Woo for diehard fandoms !

I still think this is a very loose remake. That portion of "splash garden" looks just like that portion of the old splash garden, and the Fuckle boss plays almost exactly like Puffy, bar the stage.

Man. I wish I had a Wii aleady >_>. I need this.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Disney Trailer: I like it, it's nice to finally get a hint on how it's played as well.

New Boss: FAIL! Just, no. No. I don't like it. I hope they at least make it say more things, not just, "Gah!" "Gaaaahhh!" And, the hands seem to serve no puropose other than to be there an take up precious space for a more deserving boss. Only difference from Phuckle has from Puffy is A. Going upwards instead of side ways, and B. Spike Pit! Yay spike pit.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I could learn to like this, if Sega make the levels a bit more busy and NiGHTS a bit faster by default.

Oh yes.

(God, what am I saying?)

Thank you. I tried to get that link to work in another thread. I couldn't see the "&NR=1". <3

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Just thought I'd screencap some of the more intresting bits of the Disney trailer.

Posted Image

^Helens House

Posted Image

^ Helens Bedroom

Posted Image

^ Forest level

Posted Image

^ I support RANDOM MAREN

Posted Image

^ Good 'ol Fuckle

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
Wow, the graphics are so smooth! Quick question though, is this actual gameplay footage or footage for advertisement?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Wow, the graphics are so smooth! Quick question though, is this actual gameplay footage or footage for advertisement?

well its footage based on a alpha build of the game, without a bunch of the final details finished yet. This is still an unfinished game. But its looking so great so far.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I just watched the Fuckle boss again, and I definately heard the same *Boing* noise Puffy makes in her stage when she bounces about.

This is so a remake. I'll wager my entire Transformers collection it is.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

I just watched the Fuckle boss again, and I definately heard the same *Boing* noise Puffy makes in her stage when she bounces about.

how is it a remake? It has similar elements sure, but the method of ideya catpure is very different, and the level designs are clearly different. Also the kids are completely different kids. theres no way its just a remake.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Dude, we've known this was gonna be a remake for a long time. If I'm not mistaken, late Winter or early Spring is when we knew. Check the JoD news on this site. I suppose Iizuka is sticking to his word when he said he wanted to give back to the loyal fans. He knows many never played the origional, so a remake is very welcomed by people like me. Then, for the fans who have played the game, it is introducing a lot of atleast semi-new stuff. Can you honestly say that you don't want more of the same when it comes to NiGHTS, though?

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I really really want on of those birds as a pet.
So pretty. :)

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I think that the reason there are so few rings in the video is that they want to really show off the level for us, without all of the clutter. I think that the gameplay is from a very early stage, though, so whatever they will have at E3 will look much better, and have the appropriate amount of scoring rings and enemies.

This is also shaping up to be one of the best looking Wii games out there. Sonic Team and Nintendo both have the most beautiful games so far. I mean, Secret Rings and Mario Galaxy look brilliant, and this game will probably look even better than Secret Rings, considering how great it looks now, in alpha/beta form.

I think that they haven't messed with the game hardly at all, and, to be frank, that is a very good thing, considering how perfect the original was. Definitely looking forward to this game!

Journey of Dreams for the win!

Doctor Zhao

Doctor Zhao

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hell yes, it looks great!

The Puffy wannabe at the end is what worries me in many ways, though. Firstly, it's horrible, especially with all the 'Yah! Guaaah!' crap. What's his plan of attack? Fall down until NiGHTS gets bored? Secondly, if they've done this to Puffy, what are they going to do to the rest of the nightmaren? I pray for the safety of Reala and Jackle!

Oh and something nobody has mentioned yet, NiGHTS breaking scenery with paraloops! The screen shakes when he does a paraloop on one of those stone circles, and you can just spot the hole in it later in the video.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I know for a fact that Secret Rings was in production for a long time to make proper use of the Wii's capabilities. I suppose that experience is what allows Sonic Team to make this game in the short time given. Now if only other third-party developers would follow SEGA. Nintendo is taking plenty of time on a lot of good games that must be monumental to compete with PS3 games that are coming out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users