Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Even More Journey of Dreams Screens/+TRAILER&GAMEPLAY!

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
EDIT: Thanks, TRiPPY, enjoy everyone. I'm loving the progress Sega is making. Oh and this may be late but credits to ma main man Innotech!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
http://www.gamespot.com/video/938874/61738...icial-trailer-1
http://www.gamespot.com/video/938874/61738...ameplay-movie-1

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
yes these are new.
However, the wii doesnt output in this high resolution so its kind of silly to put out these pixelated screens. the game will look a lot better than this in motion. This will no doubt actually look quite beautiful in motion if they can make it 60 FPS.

Also, I noticed something. the "!" by the maren or whatever the thing on the bird is....I wonder if its anything like in MGS, to signify surprise or emotion in AI character?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
These are the same as some in the magazine, but higher res (actually, these screens are HD, which is strange because the game will be 480p/i max)

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
well hey this isn't exactly a new thing either, they did it for zelda, halo 2, and grand theft auto, way higher resolutions than the actual games run on.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
What were these in or where did you find them? *Collecting*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Yeah, Sega doesn't quite get the idea however. Those games with higher res images looked a lot cleaner than the final releases. Sega started to do this with Sonic Rivals, which looked like an early N64 game in high res, but the final looked not-quite-so-terrible. With any luck it'll be the case here again.

Also, is this part of an E3 press pack or what? I miss my access to company E3 FTP's, it was fun.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
this game will end up looking pretty good. But as with most nintendo games, they just dont screencap well at all.
a good example is Zelda. in-game, Zelda TP looks gorgeous, but screencaps are really unappealing.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Cool thanks, i have the other screens and art high res from the SegaPR FTP which i grabbed a lil while ago, is there a JP FTP? I'd like to have the high res images of Helen and William as i've got a few of NiGHTS from JoD.

It's great to see these close up.

*moves*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
all these screens make me REALLY want to see a video and hear the soundtrack. Like really badly.
I dont care, bad framerate or not, I have to see this game in motion.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Was that video on youtube with 'official JoD music' in it legit? If it is, then i'm happy because i love orchestral stuff, hopefully there will be a lot due to the whole Helen violin thing.

EDiT-
Wait... have they changed the spongebob eyelashes?

PLEASE.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I really don't like these minion marens.

Unless they aren't minions, but a miniboss or something.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah... compared to the old guys, they were quirky and stylised. Buhh i hope all the minions arent just birds, as much as i like birds.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
let's look back to how this used to look
Posted Image

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Was that video on youtube with 'official JoD music' in it legit? If it is, then i'm happy because i love orchestral stuff, hopefully there will be a lot due to the whole Helen violin thing.
EDiT-
Wait... have they changed the spongebob eyelashes?

PLEASE.

Don't believe that official JoD music thing on youtube for a second. It came from Blackarmsstudios, a guy from over at the Sonic Stadium community. He always claims to know stuff about upcoming games way before theyre release, and when the final product is out, and nothing he said holds ground, he claims it was taken out. He's just grabbed a nice Orchestral track from somewhere and slapped it onto some screenshots to play his game again.

On the screenshots though, looking nifty. That minion nightmaren looks a little creepy, almost like a Kingdom Hearts Hearless in flying gear :).

You can also make out the chains to the Ideya Palace in a couple of screenshots, and BLUE CHIPS : O

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Lol the riders have general hats on. Nazimaren. Actualy if you look at its head area it reminds me a lot of the baddies from Billy hatcher, The Crows.

I was thinking... perhaps the bird guys are the ones who hold the Ideya this time around and you must chase and grab them to release the Ideya instead of Ideya captures? Just an idea since theyre different colors. And blue chips dont usualy have stars in them, Ideya do.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
did Sega tell you this?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Nope the Ideya thing is just a random guess.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

I was thinking... perhaps the bird guys are the ones who hold the Ideya this time around and you must chase and grab them to release the Ideya instead of Ideya captures? Just an idea since theyre different colors. And blue chips dont usualy have stars in them, Ideya do.

I think you might be on to something there. The screens showing the two rider maren, they both have something shiny dangling from thier backs, like a key or medallion or something..|

Perhaps instead of orbs like Ideya, there's emblems representing the different aspects of oneself ? And as you mentioned, these Bird Riders are like the Ideya Captures...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Hmm yeah, that would explain the sparkles.

Ideya type Keys= ideya palace cage= unlock NiGHTS ?

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
Oh my god!, i think i'm going to cry or something man, i just can't belive NiGHTS is back! ,it's been so long since i played the original and... this is a really cool thing, i'm going to go crazy when this game come's out!!!!, i still can't figure out who i like more out of sonic and NiGHTS i mean for so many year's it's been a tie but i just can't decide!, it drive's me crazy sometime's

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
But if they're constantly moving, where would that leave high scores and blue chips?

Maybe you grab on to deposit them, but I get the feeling you just kill these guys.

With the constant moving, what of tactics in placement? The first NiGHTS was great because of the tight level design that let you rack up high point scores, this would just mean the level design in irrelevant for the first few mares. :|

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
You mean it's like sonic and the secret ring's, you alway's move and you can't stop moving unless you hold down a button?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Well if he's got a key, I hope he chases him down, because he just flung him pretty far!

That third one makes me laugh because of the exclaimation point. *snort* Metal Gear. I guess that's where NiGHTS grabs him. O_O!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Hmm yeah, that would make levels impossible to memorize like the old game. One of the best things is knowing whats diectly up ahead. Like the old sonic platformers, you could just concentrate on speed and score.

Bleh... i really hope they dont mess this up too much for every type of fan.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Now what's this about resolution? I'm using Internet channel, if the final game looks like this, I will be very pleased. I was looking at these a few minutes ago on IGN, NiGHTS is officialy on the HOT list. I wonder why they're only showing only the weirdo (a coral reef is above the sand and water, seems like one of my dreams) beach stage. Man, I can't wait for E3. They're gonna have to show more than this if they want more hype. BTW, Sega gets their own 20 foot by 20 foot booth like its competitors Nintendo and Sony. It shall be epic!

Am I the only one that noticed that IGN translated the Famitsu scans? There's an article with a link at Seganerds.com

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Ooooh, it could be the angle, bt it really looks like the Spongebob-Lashes are MIA..! *begs and pleads and prays* XD

New screens always get my heart racing a little bit faster. My brain's inching ever closer to fully accepting that yes, the sequel is finally coming! (Just wait - the first release of video footage? I'll be sobbing. LOL)

I like your ideya, TRiPPY, about the bird-minion-maren having the ideya. If there's one thing I like about flying, it's chasing something while flying! At the same time though, I'm all for simplistic controls and loads of fun gameplay.

Let them release gameplay footage at E3, pleaseohpleaseohplease...

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT
HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT
H
OLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

H
OLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT

You got here right befor I could! Anyway, can anyone say "PUFFY RIP OFF BOSS"? The noise it is making got on my nerves. The normal level looks great! I can't wait for all the music to be added in. It looks as though keys need to be obtained to unlock the "Ideya Palace/Capture." There is a trailer as well as the gameplay vid here: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/nightsj...tag=tabs;videos

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
the trailer looks satrange but the gameplay seems to be intact!

At least it does from my recollection.

Same noise effects, same spins/dashing...I think they did it guys.

edit: god Im shaking with excitement,. Literally.

Drannorean

Drannorean

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I really love the ideya idea (sorry). It looks from the trailer like Sega is going to use these birds as ideya captures. It would be great if they made the levels a lot bigger so you could race around for a while. I'm glad they are not messing with true 3D flight. They still have not revealed anything specific about how the Wii controls will work.

Well, not too much time until E3.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Oh man I love you guys!@!!!

I'm sure the opportunities for linking will be added

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
Watching the trailer again, actually I take it back. It doesnt look strange, its brilliant. this is a world of dreams, and this game is reaslly for those who are kids or kids at heart. that trailer speaks to you like a disney movie and really makes the game seem magical. I think this game may possibly outsell the original by a considerable margin, even with its november date. Its going to appeal to kids with the art and the magical bits and it seems to be true enough to the original that NiGHTS fans wont be disappointed. Holy sh!t Sega, I think youve really pulled this off. against all odds, and after 11 years of waiting, folks, NiGHTS IS BACK.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
everything looks REALLY early, surprisingly

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

everything looks REALLY early, surprisingly

thing is, if it looks this good now, imagine it with polish. It can only get better.
Considering the ridiculously small dev time for this game, Sega exceeded my expectations by a stupidly huge margin. This looks like NiGHTS, it seems to play like NiGHTS. If music sounds like NiGHTS then this game will pretty much blow everything else to irrelevance. At least for several months.

Also keep in mind this trailer wasl ikely made around April when the game was announced. Theyve had time to tweak it further up till now and at least till October. It may look even better.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
mos def, man
i don't know if you've ever seen the preview video for NiD when it wasn't complete, there wasn't any boosting and enemies only gave you 20 points instead of 200. and also linkage wasn't even there.

i'm so hyped, i can't wait to see JoD as its completion comes nigh

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
SOme things the assholes at GAF pointed out (though they have ap oint)

- NiGHTS is slower
- rings are more spaced out and linear
- larger levels
-difficulty making links

Im sure they will work on these things since the game isnt finished but these are legitimate observations.

Still, the core gameplay looks sound and the art direction is great. If they can polish the details this will be the game to get this winter. Screw everything else.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Oh gosh, it's really happening...

Guys, please don't roll your eyes at me, but I really am crying my eyes out now.. I'm laughing and crying, this is unreal! I can't believe he's really finally coming back!

Innotech, shadow, everyone, thank you so much!! This is the greatest day ever!!

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
This is great! Our first view of the gameplay, and it looks amazing, the sound effects are like the original, the game looks polished at the current state, and the movement isn't twitchy like early viewers said another trailer looked! And with the original music creator, the music is definitely going to be just as catchy! (I love the music from Splash Garden and Soft Museum!) And Kori, it was no problem getting this up here, and I'm sure you won't take heat for crying your brains out! I couldn't believe it when I saw that Gamespot had vids that are a great way to introduce gameplay! I thought they would just be fan vids of the original NiGHTS, but OH MY GOD IT'S JOD FOOTAGE!!!!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Oh gosh, it's really happening...

Guys, please don't roll your eyes at me, but I really am crying my eyes out now.. I'm laughing and crying, this is unreal! I can't believe he's really finally coming back!

Innotech, shadow, everyone, thank you so much!! This is the greatest day ever!!

I shoulda taken a picture of my face when I saw the trailer and gameplay. Seriously, I saw the words "NiGHTS gameplay" and I clicked the video so fast I dont think I could ever replicate it.
I was shaking. I was shaking and babbling incoherently something about this being the best day in the world and my dream coming true, 11 f*!*ing years and some other things. Yeah it was the greatest moment of joy Ive had in a long time. and I have many moments of joy.

MAiKU

MAiKU

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Sonic the hedgehog, NiGHTS, Sonic Team, Anime, Drawing, Art, music, friends, yadda yadda!
Wow this game is turning out to look so amazing, i can't i got to see the coolness in action!!!! WOOOO!

Now does this still play the same way as the previous game??? it looks like you can do more than previously in the last game.

Is anyone working with a high-def download for the trailers to upload on fileshare or something? I'd really appreciate it.

edit:nevermind, i just saw the gameplay action.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users