Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Helen and William

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.

Forget about whacking, how about summoning them? If she goes over to Wizemans (evil peoples) side, like Will is said to, that would be rather...really cool and awesome

That would be very awesome indeed ^_^ Some evil melody - and those who bugs you in the reality could say hello to nightmares...

2catchan2007: I guess that I'm a weird person too; though I don't see NiGHTS actually as a father figure, but rather as older brother/sister one... or someone like that, a caring sibling... Though whatever Will would see NiGHTS as, maren surely could be working on "unclouding lost-in-his-ways kid's view"

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
Okay, let's step back a bit here.

I personally can't see the PTB going the "White Witch of Narnia" route with Wizeman. For one thing, it would focus the story quite heavily on the kids. We all know who the real star of this game is, and it's not Helen or William. On a similar note, there's no way that NiGHTS would obey someone aligned with Wizeman. If NiGHTS rejects Helen and William for this reason, we can't play as NiGHTS. We don't really want that, do we?

For another thing, this temptation to go to the dark side sounds to me like choosing between good and evil. Sega already tried that with Shadow the Hedgehog, and we all know how that ended up.

Finally, it would completely ruin the game's morality. In NiD, the kids grounded the story. NiGHTS could never do that, due to his ambiguous nature and his tendency to dance on the line between good and evil. Helen and William have to be the moral center of the story, because no one else will.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
As I've said in another topic, the new children seriously scare me. I mean, lookit those EYESSSS.

Posted Image

"HULLO MAI NAME IZ WILLIUM."

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I just thought of something. How exactly would William going to the dark side affect NiGHTS? I figure it comes down to 2 possibilities.
A. NiGHTS and William must fight
B. Is it possible for William to morph and use NiGHTS against his will?

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Now that I've read the profiles, I'd just like to say I like the backstories and how they involve the kids' parents. That's kinda cool, but kinda Disney *kinda like the look they went for in the trailer*

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

...B. Is it possible for William to morph and use NiGHTS against his will?

I hate having a perverted mind...
or were you really suggesting that? X_X

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I hate having a perverted mind...
or were you really suggesting that? X_X

*_*

no.

Although I have had a slighty tendency for such lately.
I was suggesting that William could morph and take over NiGHT' body to do Wizeman's bidding, which is the exact opposite of what NiGHTS would want.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
There is absolutely no way that the kids could overpower NiGHTS. That goes against every theme and gameplay element of the franchise. What's more, it would completely ruin the balance of power. If William turned evil and NiGHTS is forced to serve evil, that leaves only Helen on the side of good. Helen, fighting against the forces of evil with no help from NiGHTS. Yeah, right.

Re: Maki. So the storylines are kinda Disney. Is that really a bad thing? Disney created some of the greatest stories and characters ever brought to life by animation.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Why do they have to be so young? 14 (or 15 in Japan for some strang reason...) was not so bad...but 12! It makes me feel like I am too old to be playing the game. Kinda like when I bought Pokemon Dimond and the character is a 10 year old girl who is the height I was at age 7....

I also find it hard to take their troubles seriously. I had parent problems but it never bothered me so much that I would have nightmares and start to give up on my dreams. In fact...it made me dream even more. "Wahh! I have parent problems." Well so does everyone else and we live with it. Heck, the kids should be thankful they are not growing up with gay parents. There is nothing bad about that.....but it does create a lot of difficulty down the road. I guess they needed some way for us to relate to the kids. If not the hair then the parent troubles....

I agree with the whole "it is very Diseny" thing. Also Curiosity, it is true that Disney made a lot of wonderful cartoons...back in the day. I seem to hate most of the new ones. Even several areas in Kingdom Hearts was too crony for me. I guess the main reason for that is becuase they try to avoid dark elements a lot more often than before. The old cartoons had some scary stuff in it sometimes, but not so much anymore. I wonder if they are doing the same thing in NiGHTS? Anyway, I am going to stop rambling now.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

Yeah, Claris was from a wealthy area of TwinSeeds and Elliot came from an apartment block (or as they're usually known in the uk, 'an estate').

I wouldn't put pins on a remake though. I think that SEGA have used many-a cameo of Elliot and Claris in the past, what with them appearing as faces on cards in SA1 on the pinball table and, if i'm not mistaken, are featured in Sonic Pinball Party (correct me on that one if i'm wrong). Fact is, fans of NiGHTS have become familiar with Elliot and Claris and i think it would be a bad move for them to rewrite over the original. I think that this is a new setting altogether and a different storyline, personaly. I just feel that maybe SEGA were lazy with the kids design and reused old aspects of the characters, what with the 'sports' and 'music' theme in mind for the kids. Lazy bastards.

I still think Helen looks much better because we knew less about her when we were told of her design. We were more informed on Kevin ...i mean William...back then. And, you know most football kids nowadays wear the tracksuits and what not. I don't think i've ever seen a 12 year old kid wear Khaki bloody long-shorts and a sleeveless bomber jacket, and i come from London. Home of the Chav.
Being honest, most 12 year olds in London who are of the 'football' crowd tend to be taller and smoking cigarettes. William looks like a 6 year old and no older in my eyes.
And i said the same thing to TRiP that Salem said. These characters look like those bland characters in FFXII. Why do they all look the same, damnit? Where the f*** has the originalty gone?

All in all, i'm going to be ranting about it come the next DreamCast and you lovely bunch can join me in on it.

Haha, DiGi...a chav William

William in hoodie: Bruv set me yur ideya or i'll shank u
Helen : What? *flees*

That would be so funny and wrong.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

There is absolutely no way that the kids could overpower NiGHTS. That goes against every theme and gameplay element of the franchise. What's more, it would completely ruin the balance of power. If William turned evil and NiGHTS is forced to serve evil, that leaves only Helen on the side of good. Helen, fighting against the forces of evil with no help from NiGHTS. Yeah, right.

Re: Maki. So the storylines are kinda Disney. Is that really a bad thing? Disney created some of the greatest stories and characters ever brought to life by animation.

Well, NiGHTS and William can't always be together. They become one, and then separate when Will wakes up. So, NiGHTS gets stuck in the bird cage again *lmao*.

Therefore, Helen could pop by and merge with NiGHTS, and work for GOOD 8D! It would be like in Sonic Adventures 2! BUT WITH NiGHTS 8D! YAY!

Also, that is a really bad thing, Curiosity. Until the '90s, Disney was awesome. Now I can only be bothered to watch the Pixair stuff, and one or two of their other movies. Exactly what Yami said. Disney also is all care-free and happy; The worse thing that happens is someone gets a scratch on their, like, back or something. Or doesn't get on a date with SOMEONE SPECIAL D8! OH NO! D8!

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.

Until the '90s, Disney was awesome.

I sort of agree with this, but at the same time (as far as I know, I could be wrong) no one stated that the game feels like new Disney. Just Disney, which could very well be the old, wonderful stories and characters. That's the feeling I got after watching the trailers anyway.

Disney also is all care-free and happy

Care free and happy... that sounds a lot like the NiGHTS I know. ;D

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
I know this is random and off topic, but this is what I think of Helen in a nutshell.

Posted Image

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
*Gigglesnort* Mah gawd.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

I know this is random and off topic, but this is what I think of Helen in a nutshell.
Posted Image

That reminds me of something...
I mean the picture before it was edited reminds me to another picture of the game which at the moment I can not find...
(Sorry I'm a bit slow but I am doing "put two and two together" thing here...)
DX once I find it I will explain unless someone knows what I'm talking about.

Edit:

Posted Image

That pic, I will post the thread link in a few sec...
I didn't relize this before but though glowing light things that are following her appear to be those glowing light things next to that thing in that picture. X_X (Alas I make no sense again...)
Edit2:
Thread where I found the picuter

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Care free and happy... that sounds a lot like the NiGHTS I know. ;D

... You got me there ;D!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

I didn't relize this before but though glowing light things that are following her appear to be those glowing light things next to that thing in that picture. X_X (Alas I make no sense again...)

The glowing light things are the mouths and eyes of the "demons" chasing her. But on the 'Maren doorway, the lights just look like diamonds. I don't know that those are the same things. Unless I'm overlooking something? I can be a little air-headed. :unsure:

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
I don't see anything :/ IMO

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

The glowing light things are the mouths and eyes of the "demons" chasing her. But on the 'Maren doorway, the lights just look like diamonds. I don't know that those are the same things. Unless I'm overlooking something? I can be a little air-headed. :lol:

Take a look at the shape them, there all diamond shaped.
The smoke covers a bit to make it look like its mouth and eyes.
(Or at least this is how I'm seeing it.)
I'm not actually saying that these are the same thing but the possibility even if it seem ridiculous.
It could possibly have the meaning that she is running away from something that isn't really something to fear.
(Sorry I'm getting too deep on something that is irrelevant.)

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

So then, I'm guessing Helen will eventually have to fight William, or reform him or something. >.>

Really now? Like what? I know that Disney has made a lot of kids movies off of good pieces of literature (Aladin, Cinderella, etc.) and have you seen High School Musical? To see my point, look at the "Breaking Free" scene. Also, a lot of underlying themes from NiGHTS were used in that movie.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I can see what it is you're seeing, but it is a really common thing, especially in an anime or manga style, to draw indescript demon faces that look that way. I do it all the time, whenI doodle, myself. Here's some stuff, so you see what I mean.

These are the things from the trailer, that chase Helen. I can make out a jester hat-type shape to them, where the faces are, so I think they're ghosty shapes, not just floating jewels.
Posted Image

And here's a couple other demon thingies, same facial design.
Posted Image

Demon 'Pians. XD
Posted Image

The things in the doorway seem different to me. But hell, the game isn't out yet and I'm sure there's a ton of different things that this could be. You're idea does sound interesting- if they were illusions or something.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

I can see what it is you're seeing, but it is a really common thing, especially in an anime or manga style, to draw indescript demon faces that look that way. I do it all the time, whenI doodle, myself. Here's some stuff, so you see what I mean.

The things in the doorway seem different to me. But hell, the game isn't out yet and I'm sure there's a ton of different things that this could be. You're idea does sound interesting- if they were illusions or something.

Well its a good chance that maybe they are the new marens. :lol:
Theres enough diamonds there to hold just a little of that theory. :)
(Kind of a mix in between the thoughts.)
(I can also still see diamond shapes in that other pic.)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Oooh, that would be interesting.. the 'Maren chasing her in shadow form, so you don't get to see them until you fight them. The plot thickens. XD

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

Oooh, that would be interesting.. the 'Maren chasing her in shadow form, so you don't get to see them until you fight them. The plot thickens. XD

NOOOOOOOOOOO!
(This could also mean they do get diamonds just like NiGHTS has on his chest...)
Maybe they are a weak point...
I keep getting this love hate relationship with this new game just thinking about how good it can be or how bad it can be...

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Some things make me feel that way too. That little idea isn't really a good one, nor is it something I think is cool. But it is an idea I wouldn't put passed them. ,:|

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
The diamond on NiGHTS was a bad story filler in itself. I hope they don't do that.

"Yeah, we broke an ideya and stuck it to our costumes, dude."

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

I think that Helen and William will look too common. The distinct characteristics of Claris and Elliot set them apart from the crowd, if you know what I mean. Does anyone else think this too? I hope I'm also not repeating any points already made.....

....<.< The fact that they had pink and blue hair?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Disney also is all care-free and happy; The worse thing that happens is someone gets a scratch on their, like, back or something. Or doesn't get on a date with SOMEONE SPECIAL D8! OH NO! D8!

Maybe the new ones are like that but the old ones are not so much like that. There are sevral ocasions in the old Disney movie where someone dies. You call being put into an eternal sleep equivilant of death, chasing a witch to a cliff where she accidently falls with a rock tumbling after her, mother deer getting shot, father lion being trampled to death, and a hunter accidently hanging himself with vines not dark? Sure overall it is not dark, but it is still pretty bad and can kinda creep little kids out. But I think this is beside the point.

As for Helen and William again...ugh! Worse thing is that the story is mostly going to be about them probably. Oh well...at least the gameplay should be great!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Maybe the new ones are like that but the old ones are not so much like that.

I know. Bambi, Lion King, and lots of other movies had a bit darker parts to it. The newer ones, not so much :D''.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Lilo's parents died in a car accident or something.

*Purgatory pushes a car with Will's dad passed out in it over a cliff*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Lilo's parents died in a car accident or something.

*Purgatory pushes a car with Will's dad passed out in it over a cliff*

Hmm... never knew that....

THAT'S why Will's dad 'leaves'.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^

And here's a couple other demon thingies, same facial design.
Posted Image

>_o Off topic I know, but aren't those the 7 shadow warriors from Sailor Moon? *Sailor Moon nerd* They look awfully familiar...... X) lol

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

>_o Off topic I know, but aren't those the 7 shadow warriors from Sailor Moon? *Sailor Moon nerd* They look awfully familiar...... X) lol

Ah I thought It was but I didn't really want to confirm it for the same reason.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Yes. Yes they are. :lol:

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
I knew it! lol All those years of watching Sailor Moon payed off. X3 Hehehehe Yay for random useless knowledge. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users