Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New screens?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Oh, translation of the Helen page thanks to SamIAm of Sonic Cult:

[top left, gold text]
The great adventure of dreams and bravery is resurrected on the Wii!

[top left paragraph with two arrows and pictures]
One night, in a mysterious world she runs to after being attacked by nightmares, Helen meets NiGHTS. How is this young girl, who is coming into her adulthood (lit. puberty), going to change here in the world of dreams?

[purple text beneath pictures]
Has her guilty conscience given birth to her nightmares?

[vertical text in top right w/arrow]
While the violin concert of her dreams is right around the corner, Helen wants to distance herself from both her mother and performance.

[vertical purple text beneath last text]
How will Helen change from the adventure in Nightopia?

[big blue text in middle]
A great adventure with NiGHTS and a young girl coming into adulthood!

[Place with Helen's name in English and info boxes, lower right]
Helen Cartwright:
Special ability: Violin
Helen lives in a quiet residential area of Bellbridge. Starting from a young age, she got her mother, whom she is very fond of, to teach her violin performance. However, now that she is hitting puberty, she is wanting to distance herself from her mother and performance. Because of the guilt she feels from this, she has started to have nightmares.

[box where you can see "wii" in English w/gold lettering, and the paragraph beneath it]
Exhilarating action with the Wii remote!
The appeal of NiGHTS is the number of action-acrobatics which NiGHTS, and the characters fused with him/her/it, shows you. This appeal is doing well in our game! By just memorizing simple controls on the Wii remote, you can enjoy the exhilarating action where you fly around just as you remembered it.

[beneath last text, with an arrow pointing to a picture]
NiGHTS, holding onto the tail a Nightopian in the shape of a bird. Use the "touch-dash", one of your mid-air moves, to take it out.

[the lower-left-most text on the page, points to picture]
A light [trails] behind NiGHTS like it is following him. When you make a circle with this light, you make a paraloop, and you can destroy enemies that are gathered inside of it.

[purple text and small paragraph beneath Helen's infobox]
How will you control it?
The combination of free-form mid-air action and the Wiimote's controls seem to go together well.

[lone purple text to the left of the above]
Let's enjoy exhilarating action with intuitive controls!

[lower-right-most text with a pointer to a picture]
In the last game, you could enjoy doing acrobatics by [pressing certain buttons] while in mid-air. In the new game, we should be able to have a great variety of actions with the special features of the Wii's remote!

[purple text beneath that]
Let's run around the sky freely!

[Bottom text]
Development progress: 50%
In place of Claris and Elliot, whose bravery was the theme of the last game, (it is written that) this time, the story will be about Will and Helen, with the theme of accepting family. Please have high hopes for their [adventure].

So...

- The game represents puberty

- Oh and accepting family, very Disney.

- No Claris and Elliot (:D)

- Unlike Claris doesn't want to perform and hates her mum. :(

- Bellbridge, nice name for a city I guess. I can't help but feel now that a lot of the things in the game may be phallic... just look at the clock tower.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
lol. William looks sh!t. And shame about Elliot and Claris. I wonder why that GameReactor magazine said they would be returning then...unless they originally did but Sonic Team removed 'em. *sigh* ...s'gonna be a dull christmas. Oh well.

And, yeah. Looks like they changed the boys name too. They probably thought that Kevin sounded too similar to Helen or something, which was what i was thinking when i first heard it. Still, "William" looks a bit shabby in comparison to the girl. I don't think he'll have the same amount of a following that Elliot had. Elliot has become memorable...i don't think William will have that same effect. He's too bland. After seeing Helen i was expecting William to be a bit more 'in your face' and colourful...but nope, he's just dull. As for the name of the city...could have been worse. Still, at least it's not TwinSeeds meaning that this game is most probably not overwriting what happened in the first game (hopefully).

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Two more things that I didn't mention/rant about:

- Helen looks like Elliot from Scrubs

- Metal Gear Maren (check out the hot bottom middle)

XD Metal Gear x3. Suddenly, I will now always think of Helen as so <.< >.>''!

I'm kinda mixed about the new 2nd new screenings. I like the name 'William' more than 'Kevin', I'll tell you that right now :3. But, he seems too much of a 8-year old man to me D8! I don't know, that more of my personal preference to have a serious teenager XD, or at least someone who look like me XP.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Also, Alex. I dunno where that link was taking us but it certainly ain't to a bigger image, lol. Terri ?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Really? It's taking me to one.

I can email you the full size thing if you like.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Please do, man. Cheers. ^^

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
sent to subs

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Got it. Cheers, mate.

Right. I know what i'm about to say belongs in the DreamCast area but in events that have arisen, f*** it.
How do you all feel about the new kids? Do you like them? Do you hate them? Do you feel happy about their design or do you wish we had Elliot and Claris back?
In general, how do you feel about the new kids? We wanna HEAR what you have to say so if you've got a decent microphone, record it and send it to our subs email. Things that you need to be aware of before recording and sending -

- Keep the voice clips short. We wanna get a few people on here so don't take out a voice clip by talking ten minute bursts on why you hate William. lol

- State the name that everybody knows you by before you start ranting.

- I prefer MP3 formated files but if you can't then WAV files are ok, just don't make them too long.

- You wanna curse and swear on the show? Go right ahead. Don't hold nothing back. I certainly won't.

- All voice clips must be in by the end of the week.

Viva La Elliot!
DreamCast 03. Bringing sh!t To Your Front Door.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Damn, William is tiny! He doesn't look his age O_o

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
Heh, I would, but I'm currently suffering from a nasty cough that's making my voice come and go, so I'll have to give it a miss. ;.;

As for William... The first thought that popped into my mind was MIDGET-NED. I swear, if his hair was just a touch shorter, he'd make the visually stereotypical qualifications. XD As such, I've been sitting here laughing for a while.

Seriously, though, his design doesn't seem quite as well thought out as Helen's. I think he's wearing too much stuff ontop ( jumper, what appears to be a Man-U shirt, AND a bomber jacker? ), which makes him look somewhat cluttered.

I like his footie shoes, though.

Does it seem to anyone else like there's going to be a lack of Ideya in this game? I dont believe I've seen any mention of them anywhere...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Cool, thanks for the translation... I don't suppose there's time for Sonic Team to change character designs :P I mean, fan reaction is pretty important...we can't rule out appearances by Claris and Elliot completely, right?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
So, Mario Galaxy for Christmas?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Myesssss.

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
William looks nothing like i expected...but...whatever... He has my granddad's name and is tiny, that makes up for it!! OMG! TINY PEOPLE!!! :P

EDIT: He looks kinda like my oldest baby cousin...

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Personally, I don't really mind the new designs as much as I thought I would.

-Helen isn't as frilly as I feared.

- I noticed that SEGA went with the whole "Girl with musical dreams and boy with sports dreams" again. Anyone else notice the similarities?

- (I have every right to sue you if you kill me for this) I think William looks kinda cool, and short! YAY SHORT PEOPLES!!

Well, that's all I can think of (it's early here in America....and I just woke up.)

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Cool, not exactly how I would describe him. He looks rather young to me. Helen looks pretty good. I really like her design.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. actually, William looking young could factor in to his persona! Especially wanting to play soccer/football (for the non-USA component of the boards :P ), if he's small for his age that would give him character.

Heck, I have experience with looking a lot younger than my actual age. If this were a trait for William I'd like him all the much more.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
William looks cute! >w< I'm glad that Sonic Team decided for them to look like little kids, they're so huggable~

And Louis, thanks for the hi-quality shot... it just doesn't look right

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
I like how Helen came out! She looks cute, and she has her own instrument. Phew, for a long time I thought they were going to make a Claris rip-off, but they did good in making her. I am going to admit she does look really American, but that’s my opinion.

For Kev- errr William, well…..they could have done better. I really don’t mind that he’s blonde too, but I thought it would be cool if the made him a Burnett or redhead. That way they have there somewhat unique differences, ya know.

But I’m not to thrilled about them replacing Claris and Elliot. I’m still going to pray that the make some type of appearance!

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Another cult quote from the guy who translated the page:

Unfortunately, I am seriously like 20 minutes away from leaving on a backpacking trip for 4 days, so I won't be able to give a good translation of it. The gist of it, though, is that they talk mostly about the last NiGHTS game and how it works/what was so great about it. They also briefly introduce Will, who is an ordinary good kid, but who is having trouble fitting in because his father, who was his support, was transferred to another town and presumably left him alone (no mention of mom). The big blue text says "the boy suffering from loneliness [goes] to the dream world Nightopia"

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I guess once again Im the only one who doesnt care if Elliot or Claris come back. Their game was the original. If they came back at all as anything but cameos Id feel a bit shortchanged. As cool as they were, there should be new kids to take their place, since this is an all new adventure. So Im content with Helen and William. I guess for me it really doesnt matter what from the original goes or stays, because this is a sequel and should feel like one, not a rehash. We didnt wait 11 years for a remake.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I guess once again Im the only one who doesnt care if Elliot or Claris come back. Their game was the original. If they came back at all as anything but cameos Id feel a bit shortchanged. As cool as they were, there should be new kids to take their place, since this is an all new adventure. So Im content with Helen and William. I guess for me it really doesnt matter what from the original goes or stays, because this is a sequel and should feel like one, not a rehash. We didnt wait 11 years for a remake.

QFT
Although I could've enjoyed a remake seeing as how I never played the origional.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I don't like the designs for either set of kids. The new ones are more pleasing to the eye, but bland and forgettable.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^

I don't like the designs for either set of kids. The new ones are more pleasing to the eye, but bland and forgettable.

I don't think so, I think somebody actually took some time there and designed wearable clothes for them which tell us something about their characters. Elliot and Claris basically just wore the same strange clothes in horrid colours...did we find out if they were school uniforms or something?
Just because Helen and Will aren't crazy bright doesn't make them less memorable.

I'm really fond of both their designs. Even the way Will is really short for his age gives them more personality rather than Elliot and Claris who are basically just the same character just male/female.
It's not that I don't like E and C (I guess I'm not attached to them as I only just recently got the game) but I think it's good they brought new characters. There is no chance that they can mess up the old ones then ^^ They've had their time time to move on!

And if I didn't have a really bad cold I would be recording something too...colds in summer. meh D:

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

A. Other than an early release, the GCN Sonic Heroes had nothing the others did not.

It says quite clearly on the Wikipedia article that the PS2 version of Sonic Heroes had clipping and graphic faults and was barely able to run at 30fps. Has anyone besides myself heard about "Untitled Sonic RPG"? Coming to DS in 2008.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
These are all good points people, i'd like to hear them vocaly ranted though ;D

And yeah Tangocat, its been all over the net for a week. Im actualy kinda interested to see how they'll pull it off, but lets keep on topic.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

-Brick of awesome-

Thanks much!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
So i'm wondering, perhaps William is tricked into trusting Wizeman as a father figure. Ah nieve neglected children.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

So i'm wondering, perhaps William is tricked into trusting Wizeman as a father figure. Ah nieve neglected children.

Hmm.. Why not? I would! HAIYOOO~

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD hahaa, and you'd drag every nieve child within a 20mile radius along for the ride just incase Wizeman needs spares.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I would! I need siblings to beat up! And then scream "I DO THIS BECAUSE I LOVE YOOOU!" And realize every traumatized child that plays this game's dreams:

You have a craptastic dad so that you can jump off a building, live in the dream world, and have a giant crazy big-handed dad. The end.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I would! I need siblings to beat up! And then scream "I DO THIS BECAUSE I LOVE YOOOU!" And realize every traumatized child that plays this game's dreams:

You have a craptastic dad so that you can jump off a building, live in the dream world, and have a giant crazy big-handed dad. The end.

LOL
ever think of doing stand up?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I would make people cry if I did. LOL

You can decide whether its because they laugh too hard, because I insult them and their traumas too much, or if I'm just that terrible.

Anyhow, I really want to get to see what he familiars look like! Reala is driving me up the friggin' wall!

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
I, NOTiC, am actually appreciative of the new character designs for Journey of Dreams. William was not drawn to appear like an average Japanese protagonist, with spiky hair or a funky outfit, but William was delineated to look like any kid, especially the kids I grew up with and myself. I used to always wear vests under long-sleeved shirts, blue or beige shorts with gigantic pockets, and slim, swank sneakers. I suppose similar can be said about Helen's upper-class city girl appearance's relativity to several girls I have known and seen throughout my life. Sega further exemplifies their direction in exploring the struggle of adolescence by making their character designs not too embellished but simply "real".

A couple more things, seeing them both blonde with blue eyes made me almost vomit. Let's vary things up, Sega. If Claris and Elliot show up again, I'll be happy just because my curiosity of their appearances after 11 years will be quenched. Final one, I'm not too crazy about the new "cage" designs that enfetter NiGHTS. I was hoping for a more chandelier-ish, antique sort of cage, but what would Wizeman care if it does the job. :[

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
I love the way the new kids on the block look and i'm glad they did new kid's instead of the old one's too, i mean, i REALLY love claris and elliot as much as everyone here, but i think it's time sonic team did something new and refreshing, but i really hope that they keep reala though god he was awesome!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I crave to see Claris and Elliot in better graphics, namely fmv, EVEN 2 SECONDS WORTH just because. I just think shiny colors and realism, and it would indeed be intresting to see how they'd transfer to that style i think.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I'm imagining the opening to Sonic Adventure, where there's people just walking around the street, and then Claris and Elliot are randomly inserted into it. XD I'll be looking in the BG like I'm playing Where's Waldo.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I'm imagining the opening to Sonic Adventure, where there's people just walking around the street, and then Claris and Elliot are randomly inserted into it. XD I'll be looking in the BG like I'm playing Where's Waldo.

Yeah, then you hold A at a certain time and see Big the Cat running across the screen.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Actualy i was saying to Niyazi earlier, Sega could churn out game after NiGHTS game after NiGHTS game by just recreating the universe based on different childrens perspectives/dream interpretations. Unlike Sonic, NiGHTS has that cliche safety barrier of 'it was all a dream'. So anything goes.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
And people like us will buy every. single. one. XD

"NEW!! Same as the old one, but its totally different!!!"

AWESOME! here goes the new beginnings of my life savings, gimme a copy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users