Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

27TH June 2007

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
27th June 2007.
- JoD NEWS.
- Series 2 of Archie up.
- 2 new playlists.
- 3 LJ mood icon sets up.
- 1 in interior design.
- New Poll.
- New giant wall poster.

Good Evening you funky people. DiGi Valentine here bringing you tonight's update. I say 'tonight' since it's just clocking onto 1:30am and we've decided to bring you the update now rather than in the morning.

You're probably wondering about the recent image we've chosen for our update tonight. Well, it all boils down to our good friend Iizuka answering questions to a recent interview, where he mentions '2 new kids and an all-new adventure story' again. I'm guessing the more he says this then the more he's trying to prepare us for a lack of everyones favourite youths, Elliot and Claris. From my point of view, the likely hood of those two turning up are getting pretty slim now. In actual fact, the whole interview leaves me feeling a tad disappointed as it doesn't really tell us anything new. Still, it's worth checking out anyway. Head over to the News section for it.

TRiPPY has been busy scanning the rest of the Archie comics for you to all to agonize over. Yes. It really is as bad as people said it is. "Hurting, it does" indeed, Iizuka. I feel your pain. They're in the Reading section for anyone who can stomach them. Go, make your eyes bleed. I know some rare few people say "appreciate it for what it is..." but seriously, no. It's the worst excuse for a comic adaptation i've ever seen. How long did it take for them to make one issue? A month, more or less. Sure, the story sucked but within the space of a month they could have at least tried a bit harder with the artwork. Damn, even checking a reference sheet might have helped.

But, hey. Let's forget about that and get back to the update, right? :lol:;

We've added 2 new Playlists to 'Playlist' in the Audio section. We've got 3 LiveJournal Icon Sets in the PC Goodies section, featuring different moods of NiGHTS, Reala and Jackle. We also have a mural in Interior Design, which can be found in the Artwork section. We have not had anything new in that area for a while now so it's nice to see something fresh.
A new poll has also been added so feel free to check up on that over in the Events area.

Also, we were lucky enough to be emailed a huge hi-res image of official NiGHTS art by Urbina XAvier and a friend of theirs. They work at an advertising agency and went to work on the image so it can now be viewed in hi-res. This means it will be good enough to print out at a bigger scale and won't look blurry. We appreciate it very much, thank you. ^_^ You can find it over in the Articles section under Reading.

On an off-topic note, on the 6th June it was mine and TRiPPY's 1st anniversary. Yup. Don't the years just fly by when you're having fun? I can't believe it's been a year already. So much has happened since me and TRiPPY got together, i'm very glad to be where i am right now. Around the time of our anniversary, an Elliot plushie went up for sale on Ebay. I've never actually seen one for sale before and i've been told it's rare as all hell. It was worth every penny, though. TRiPPY's 'NiGHTS Shelf' looks a little more complete with that blue haired kid sitting on it now.
Anyways, i'm rambling.
Sorry that DreamCast 03 is taking it's time on being made...we were not at home for about 3 weeks, lol. We went to London for a break. Now that we're back we'll be getting to work on it right away. Stay tuned.

love is love

Nickbot

Nickbot

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, NiGHTS, and Wizeman
C'mon, kids. Suck it up like we had to. What's a little bloody nose and a side of pent up rage for Archie gonna kill? Good for the body, if you ask me....

>_>

:angry:

Ah who am I kidding... STAY AWAY!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I wonder if Archie will ever do reprints?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

*shudders*
It didn't go well the first time.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

I get the feeling, to cash in on the new game, they might >>! They strike me as doing that....

Nickbot

Nickbot

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, NiGHTS, and Wizeman

This is how world war 3 will start. By a bunch of radicals devoted to NiGHTS into Dreams, finally demolishing the Archie Corp. because they ruffled our feathers just a bit too hard this time. And Bush will blame it on terrorism. And.... Well, you know the rest

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
We should put bets on what fan will spazz out first. Sort of like a Wild Western showdown, but with blogs and straightjackets.
I think the older i get the more accepting i get of the Archie comics. It's like a small annoying brother you'd rather not have.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

We should put bets on what fan will spazz out first. Sort of like a Wild Western showdown, but with blogs and straightjackets.
I think the older i get the more accepting i get of the Archie comics. It's like a small annoying brother you'd rather not have.

*lmfao*

In truth, the older I get, the more I hate the Archie Comics XD.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
The more I read the comics the more I hate them. I couldn't even get past #4.

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
Yeah, I can maybe skim the first Archie series without retching. That's about as far as I can get before I just explode. But I do think it's going to be fun to place our bets... I'm thinking either DiGi or MangaPunkSai. Neither of them had a particularly good reaction to it the first time around, so a reprint will probably make them both go berserk. XD

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

The more I read the comics the more I hate them. I couldn't even get past #4.

Me neither. I didn't get past the parachute thing. NiGHTS shouldn't be that clueless about humans!

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Can I just comment on the page you have up under OFFiCIAL ART..

Damn.. thats sexy.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
*in total agreement with the above post*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD ahaha then you'll spoodge for the giant high res JoD NiGHTS art i have then. It should be up by the end of today. Posters... yeyyyy! <3

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

XD ahaha then you'll spoodge for the giant high res JoD NiGHTS art i have then. It should be up by the end of today. Posters... yeyyyy! <3

where?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
>_@ i'm having probs with coding right now but i'll have it up for the next update.

*kicks script*

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

>_@ i'm having probs with coding right now but i'll have it up for the next update.

*kicks script*

D8>! Ah well, can't wait to see 'em ^_____^!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Indeed

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
i'd just like to say i love the new picture that appears before you click "enter". i didn't particularly care for the other two.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*lmao* well thanks for the input XD

Actualy you just gave me an idea.
*goes to make topic*

Mitsuu

Mitsuu