Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dream food

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

DMN

DMN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
I've been reading through the dreaming section of the sight, and have resolved (once again) to do my level best to remember at least one dream. I read somewhere that cretain foods can help with dream recall, or cause dreams, so I ask of you-
What do you eat to help you dream?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
eating to dream. I can do that.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I've heard milk often helps. That makes sense, because I often use to have Lucid Dreams when I had milk a few hours/minutes before. Also, warm milk is known to help a person sleep (not me though XD). Also, peanuts help, I believe.....

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Keep in mind I've never been very good at lucid dreaming, so just remembering one is quite a feat for me. Personally, I seem more likely to at least remember a dream when I have a hot cup of tea before going to bed. My favorite variety, and hence the kind I drink most often, is Lapsang Souchong with Earl Grey coming in second. I'm not sure if it really matters, but I usually take these with a little sugar and occasionally black but never with milk.

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Cheese is good for dreams! Apparently different types of cheese give you different types of dreams too! You might want to check out the 'Cheese Dreams' thread that I started a few months ago - it seems that im not the only person who has had more vivid and often very odd dreams having eaten cheese before bed!

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests

Cheese is good for dreams! Apparently different types of cheese give you different types of dreams too! You might want to check out the 'Cheese Dreams' thread that I started a few months ago - it seems that im not the only person who has had more vivid and often very odd dreams having eaten cheese before bed!

*sigh* Not that agian....but yes cheese does help if you want crazy weird dreams! And this is going to sound strange but, Sometimes things with sugar or fruit helps.

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

*sigh* Not that agian....

I know, I know - but wierd dreams are always easier to remember than normal/boring dreams and it seems to work on me. Other than certain foods though - I cant honestly say that anything helps me to remember or have more vivid dreams than usual. Apparently everyone dreams several times a night but I suppose that the only way to remeber them is to write them down as soon as you wake up! I find that I only remember dreams for a few seconds after waking but I can never be arsed to move straight away!!

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
I use vegan ice cream and bananas sometimes. Vegan banana splits are the best thing in the world.

Either way, whatever it is about dairy that makes you have better dreams it isn't the dairy.

DMN

DMN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Too bad I hate cheese...unless it sill works if it's on a pizza! Would the addition of the rest of the pizza cancel out the cheese's effect?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Anything, so long as it has vitamin B6 in it helps with dream recall. Some people take B6 supplements to help, these people suck and are cheating.

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
I tried the B6 supplements, they smelled funny and didn't work.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
They're not just some magical aid mind, takes effort along with it. Just pushes people in the right direction, then when they stop they realize they suck.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Kinda like training wheels, in other words.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
In a sense, only people use training wheels as a temporary thing to ride a bike without them. People grow to need B6 for any recall at all in the long run. So it's not really a great idea to use it. The body becomes dependent, kind of like a drug addiction.

DMN

DMN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
According to Wikipedia, avocados, nuts, liver, chicken, fish, green beans, field salad, wheat germ, nutritional yeast, sea vegetables and bananas are particularly good food sources for Vitamin B6.
Bananas! I'm gonna try to eat more of this stuff...
It also said that a lack of vitamin B6 can cause grumpiness >.>

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Everything in moderation.

Going for a run is more likely to increase dream recall than eating bananas anyway.

You should eat a banana, then run. Good source of energy.

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Naw, I was doing great (3-4 dreams a night) before I tried the supplements... then I just flopped. I'm recovering somewhat but not fully yet.

Drugs are bad. :D

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Naw, I was doing great (3-4 dreams a night) before I tried the supplements... then I just flopped. I'm recovering somewhat but not fully yet.

Drugs are bad. :D

Hmm..... I blame the supplements for your loss XD, but I tend to have dream recall bursts as such a lot. 3/4ths of the stuff now a days I remember. 1/4th is out there.... lost D:!

Also, peppermint is said to increase dream recall, and possibly help form lucid dreams. And, caffeine might also, too.

Link.: http://www.web-us.com/Dream/dreamfaq.htm#D...%20our%20dreams?

Edit: Since the full url doesn't direct straight to it, it's section/question 1.5, on the last paragraph....

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
darn supplements. I tried natural sources of b6. It totally worked on the first try. Makes me what else they put in supplements.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Wasn't aware that B6 helped dream recall... I suppose it makes a little sense, as I've usually been pretty good about taking multivitamins or B-complex vitamins daily for a number of years, but even as a kid I didn't have much problem with dream-recall.. I want to say that it falls back on more how you grew up and what you were encouraged to do. Those who were encouraged to be creative or those who had to face the problems of not being paid as much attention to tend to form more creative stories from imagination..

In terms of food, I've noticed some impact with eating cheese-based products; not sure how valid Cheez-its are, but they seem to play a role. And, also Ice Cream... but with ice cream, it makes a little bit of sense why it would be easy to link dairy-foods to dream-recall.. usually ice cream ends up being a dessert and dessert is consumed several hours before bedtime. Might just be partial coincidence that these foods "impact" recall abilities..

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I dream at random sadly. Food never does anything. My bro gets aalll the dreams though lol.

Shae

Shae

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Waffles are amazing. @_@ lol Usually, if you eat anything before going to bed at night, you're bound to have a more vivid dream, at least, that's what I've discovered.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
I usually dream a lot better by drinking warm milk. It puts me to sleep fast and I dream a lot quicker.

Lone--Wanderer

Lone--Wanderer

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sigh...the only dreams I ever remember are really vivid, disturbing ones. Maybe I should try eating before I go to bed...heh, by the time I fall asleep, it's usually been at least 6 hours since I'd last eaten; maybe that has something to do with it. Hmm...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Banana milkshake and something heavy that reminds you while you're asleep that your stomach is full and that you are indeed asleep. Except in some people that may result in accidental pooping dreams if theyre that convinced that theyre awake in a dream XD;

TRUST THE BANANAS.

Actualy i've found that you can eat anything, convince yourself it'll do something remarkable, and your subconscious picks it up and runs with it.

*prods her stomach* eating right before sleeping is bad for you, that can be my excuse.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hmm. I starting to Dream and recall them after eating pretzels. Strangely enough, they all seem to be centered around Video Games. I even had a dream about JoD last night. I was very pleased with what I saw.

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD

eating to dream. I can do that.

I DREAM to EAT lol,

Uhh I guess French Fries and Mashed Potatoes :blink:

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I know that my brain has something against OJ. I used to drink it all the time before I went to sleep *still do, though these days it's mainly mixed with vodka and red cordial D:* and I'd have really weird, vivid dreams.

As I'm not really fussed about lucid dreaming, I dunno about that kind of stuff, but weird dreams rock. :)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I think chocolate milk and ham steak give me weird dreams. O_o It sounds weird, but its something I eat a lot when we're on a tight budget and I noticed I have some really whacked out dreams when I eat it. Might be the chocolate.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
My grandma told me that she gets really weird dreams after eating Italian food. O.O

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
On rare occasions, I'll actually meditate before going to sleep. On other times I drink hot tea or eat a banana/ smoothie, it really depends on my mood but they help in different ways.

Guest_Slappy_*

Guest_Slappy_*
  • Guests
Dairy. A good deal of it, as in two or more glasses of milk in the same day, or maybe cheese or yoghurt in addition to a glass of milk. Mixed nuts are usually good as well. Emerald Nuts has the least salt of the brands I've tried, if you dislike heavily salted nuts. And finally, no caffeine or large amounts of sugar. These tend to cause restlessness and insomnia, and detract from what you would be trying to do.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Lolz, I can just imagine my mom yelling at me for eating before sleeping. I don't really eat food much to dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users