Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More BETA concept art: Twin Seeds tower!?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Programming, sciences and arts.

Years ago, a lot of concept art from the first game was released and published on this webpage, but apparently there's more!

The first one is personally my favourite one, It gives me the feels of a circus billboard from the mid 90's (Well, I was born in 1996, so I don't know if that's how a circus billboard would look like in those years, but I suppose it would be something like that).

Look at that early russian-esque TWIN SEEDS tower!

(Notice that the game was originally named NiGHTS: Fly into the dream paradox...)

tumblr_oeddvz6kbk1ulp8mfo3_1280.png

I'm sure that both of them are Reala.

tumblr_oeddvz6kbk1ulp8mfo6_1280.png

Well, I asumed that the pink guy above was Reala, because it looks like the other prototype Reala at the right corner.

tumblr_oeddvz6kbk1ulp8mfo7_1280.png

You already know this one, except that NiGHTS's jacket is green and his legs are painted entirely in a single shade of purple.

tumblr_oeddvz6kbk1ulp8mfo5_540.png

Elliot and Claris:

tumblr_oeddvz6kbk1ulp8mfo8_1280.png

Before they had NiGHTS's 3D model done, they'd use hand-made illustrations.

tumblr_oeddvz6kbk1ulp8mfo1_1280.png

tumblr_oeddvz6kbk1ulp8mfo2_1280.png

Clawz.

tumblr_oeddvz6kbk1ulp8mfo9_1280.png

Source: starryindigo.tumblr.com

Acording to the description of these images, all those concept art pieces where shown in Sega Magazine 3 from January 1997.

What do you think?

Please, admins, put them in the concept art section of this webpage. <3

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

This is really cool! I'm sure Dex will add whatever needs adding when he sees this..

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

OH MY GOD THESE ARE GLORIOUS! I'll get them added to the Gallery as soon as I can! I love seeing early concept art like this, you get to see characters before they were fully formed! So cool!

nightdreamer

nightdreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Drawing, embrodery, bead crafts, crocheting and sewing.

Fave books: Redwall series by Brian Jaques, Agatha Christie mysteries, some precise mangas and Harry Potter.

Favorite video games: NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Mario Brother Games and most mystery, puzzle and RP games.

I have a DeviantART account under the name ChaotixJewels. It has both Sonic and NiGHTS FanArt and FanFics.

Wow! I've never seen this concept art before. It's interesting to see just how far NiGHTS has come from start to finish in the first game and then from the first game to Journey of Dreams. It's amazing.

Indigo Skies

Indigo Skies

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

The one with the single hat-tail is NiGHTS, I actually believed it to be Selph, but there's a concept of  Claris and Elliot walking past a window with NiGHTS's ( with the one hat-tail and painted face) reflection watching them, it seems to correspond either to the finished game where Elliot sees NiGHTS in a poster or to this image.

nightswindow_zps87dsae1j.jpg

Now I just have to find the freaking image because it's ridiculously elusive.

I do find it interesting that NiGHTS' concept arts seem more nightmarish, and more akin to Reala at one point. It would be interesting to have seen more of that angle rather than NiGHTS looking and acting "in-place" in Nightopia.

I also kind of think makeup have been a better base for the "persona" considering it was already incorporated into Reala's design and could be used to mark them as different or the same, but oh well.

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Please indigo, tell me you have that concept art. <3
Are you sure it's NiGHTS?
Well, as far I know, the guy with the half-hat and clown patterns is Oshima's Reala, which was then mixed with Hoshino's red Reala that you can also see above.

But the guy with the half-hat and the moon on the chest? I am not sure, maybe we can ask Naoto on Facebook.

Indigo Skies

Indigo Skies

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Unfortunately I can't find it.

But from that concept I can only imagine it'd be NiGHTS, considering the purple coloring and the red diamond on the chest align with NiGHTS's design too.

supersonic25730

supersonic25730

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Memes, Christmas, SEGA, Sonic, & the Mother series. But not the first one. It sucked.

Oh my god, how did all this beautiful, chilling artwork remain unnoticed for so long? This is incredible, and just gives me more hope that one day, CLARIS_SPIRAL and SELPH will finally be discovered.

Proto NiGHTS' hat tail looks almost like the genie of the ring in Sonic and the Secret Rings, Shahra's, hair, just shorter and more curled. That, along with Reala's concept of being an evil version of the main character being used in Sonic Adventure 2 makes me wonder if other NiGHTS concepts that initially went unused were eventually recycled for Sonic games.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

On a similar note, Ohshima just posted a NiGHTS drawing on FB- https://www.facebook...&type=3

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

There's more!

PLEASE BACKUP ALL OF THESE. :wub:

- Prototype0 & NiGHTS, from: https://twitter.com/...017390445907968

C-EvRfUUAAAW6i5.jpg

- Prototype 1 Nights, from: https://twitter.com/...023038722064384

C-E0aS_U0AA1_d-.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users