Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ideal NiGHTS game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

supersonic25730

supersonic25730

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Memes, Christmas, SEGA, Sonic, & the Mother series. But not the first one. It sucked.
Or dream NiGHTS game (kek).
On July 5th of 2016, NiGHTS' 20th anniversary, NiGHTS chronicles of Nightmare is announced; a game telling the story of when NiGHTS first rebelled against Wizeman. The game would use the Saturn version of NiD's engine, and would be released on Wii U, XBOX One, and PS4, with a smaller team working on a 3DS & Vita game that starts with the same story, but different things happen in the plot, and you get a different ending, plus all new level layouts.
Additionally, TouchNiGHTS is announced for Android and iOS, a very simple, free to play score/time attack game similar to Sonic Runners, with NiGHTS following where you touch on the screen, like playing JoD with a Wii remote on steroids.

Indigo Skies

Indigo Skies

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I'd like to see more from-behind gameplay stuff if possible, like I think Air NiGHTS might have had something there.

I think that's really neat.

This is a bit minor, but I think Owl City would make kickass main theme, I'm not completely sold on having Dreams Dreams every time (I guess Adam could give it a go, might be interesting) But lets say something like this, no? Kinda think The original Shooting Star, Fireflies and Take To the Sky are pretty fitting too.

Aromaticgrassitem

Aromaticgrassitem

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

More or less what it has been doing, I am not super experienced with NiGHTS in general, but chao and sonic minigame to break things up a little could be nice... I dunno... maybe that would be a little immersion breaking?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I'd like to see them be a bit more experimental, to me NiD had some funkier aspects we didn't really see in JoD. Since NiGHTS is dream-themed, it provides freedom to really go out there in terms of various gameplay or visual themes. Or mix up the arcade style formula in ways that retain replayability (another thing JoD was lacking).

Iron Joe

Iron Joe

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

What I want out of NiGHTS 3 is a massive reduction of the BS factor. JoD added BS in spades. Wouldn't let go of my hand for a second, full of unskippable cutscenes and tutorials as well as annoying, unflattering vehicle stages. I just want it to be more like NiGHTS.

KENOSiS

KENOSiS

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

i always thought it would be an interesting idea to play around with customization for a new NiGHTS game. Create a dreamer that you could base on yourself, pick from a selection of fears and aspirations and the game will change based on your choices.

it could be an optional mode that unlocks after you beat the main game with the pre-selected characters.

Iron Joe

Iron Joe

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

That sounds completely impossible lol

What I want most out of a new NiGHTS game is more NiGHTS into Dreams. Note how I specified the series entry there. NiGHTS into Dreams left me wanting more NiGHTS into Dreams, and NiGHTS Journey of Dreams left me wanting more...NiGHTS into Dreams. I just want more levels that play like NiD. Ideally, as many different areas as a Sonic game would get. The more, the merrier.

It's like Punch-Out, it's been so long since the last game that honestly I wouldn't complain if it weren't much different from the first one besides current graphics, smoother gameplay, and more content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users