Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Clawz the Nightmare Cat

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Aura24

Aura24

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams, dragons, writing stories on NiD, and drawing pictures of NiGHTS
I'm just curious. What do you guys think of Clawz? I think of Clawz as a lovable feline nightmare who enjoys the sight of his mice bombs and scaring dreamers.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I often think of Clawz as a lil' cute when you first see him, but horribly vicious when you get to know him >.>! And, he's about 4-5x the size of a normal full-grown cat o.o! His paws are about the size of NiGHTS! Bad kitty D:!

Oh, and the mice bombs. I think he loves terrorizing dream-mice (everything from eating them to mutilating them >.<!).

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I think he's probably another dumb Sega cat who, if given a fishing pole, would likely befriend whatever he caught. :D Maybe the bombs are his friends. Verrry dangerous friends....

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I think he's a gentle pussycat at heart. After all, he never actually attacks you directly. He sends you fireworks.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Fireworks full of love. Burning, sparkling, killing love.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
the fireworks don't kill you though, they make you lose 5 seconds. This reminds me of my own cats who always play with their prey. It also reminds me of how cats chose one person (Wizeman in Clawz' case) and love that person above all others. This topic made me convince myself that Clawz is a cute kitty cat.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Of course not, technically nothing kills you. :D

He shall claw everyone's faces. With wuv. Cute kitty wuvvy wuffums.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Of course not, technically nothing kills you. :D

He shall claw everyone's faces. With wuv. Cute kitty wuvvy wuffums.

;)! *hugs Clawz and immediately gets his face ripped off*! Aww.... so cute ^-^!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
In any case Clawz isn't nearly as bad as my cat. At least Clawz quits attacking when you wake up. They're both so cute.
also score one to Tangocat777 for correcting a moderator.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

also score one to Tangocat777 for correcting a moderator.

I'm pretty sure I knew that they don't literally kill you. I've only played it fifty billion times. :/ But generally, missiles DO kill you. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Just don't ever take a missile to the chest in real life expecting to lose a mere 5 seconds off your life. >:3

Xeno

Xeno

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Clawz needs more luvin. <3

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Clawz needs more luvin. <3

Indeed. :|

Clawz is pretty wicked, and I LOVE his character design. So much. <D

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
I see Clawz basically as something EXTREMELY dangerous that doesn't make any attempt to hide the fact that he's always totally ready to rip you to shreds. He lulls you into a VERY false sense of security due to his actions... For about three seconds. And then you die. Of course, NiGHTS is built of slightly stronger stuff than he is to begin with (not even including the power boost he gets from being merged with a dreamer and carrying five Ideya), hence why he has to use his guided missiles, and why you *still* only lose five seconds when you get hit.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I'm pretty sure I knew that they don't literally kill you. I've only played it fifty billion times. :/ But generally, missiles DO kill you. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Just don't ever take a missile to the chest in real life expecting to lose a mere 5 seconds off your life. >:3

good advice. too bad this site only has a few hundred members. Oh well if we save a smart gaming community and sonic team, that's good enough.
BTW you don't have to teach something that wasn't known to correct someone.

Ninja Liz-chan

Ninja Liz-chan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Videogames, Science fiction, cartoons, manga, art, music and writting.
Clawz is a Pyromaniac. And annoying to beat XD He's more like a rather large tiger than a cute kitty. As much as I like Kitties, this guy is the stuff of Nightmares. He's the Tiger that jumps out, bites your neck, disembowles you then hucks exploding mice at you yes.... remindes me of Nightmare I had one day...oh that's besides the point.

That's what I think, he's the result of somebody playing with fire works then watching one to many documentrys on the Discovery Channle. Heh, Though he still is cute despite that.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I had a fanfic in which Clawz and Jackle constantly tormented dreamers and Nightopians together...I never got around to posting it, though...I should really rewrite it.
Cuz they're my favorite Maren (other than NiGHTS and Reala).
Btw, is Nightmaren's plural Nightmaren, or Nightmarens?

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
I've always seen Clawz acting like a normal cat would. Aloof, getting into everything, and generally creates mischief where ever he goes. lol

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
I think he is a fun-loving insane cat.Not really evil,just insane like Jackle.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I've always seen Clawz acting like a normal cat would. Aloof, getting into everything, and generally creates mischief where ever he goes. lol

finally, someone who understands me.

PurpleKOGA

PurpleKOGA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Of course, I am a big fan of NiGHTS and I like SEGA in general too. I also like net surfing, anime/manga and I wish to create my own graphic novel sometime.
Clawz may very well be an Alleycat, since his level is quite dark and a light shines on him when he throws his bombs, maybe that's a dream that reflects sneakiness... :blink:

DMN

DMN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
The way I see it, Clawz is the embodiment of a Dreamer's fear of meyhem. He goes everywhere, launches all kinds of explosives at you, laughs while he does it, and he's in a spotlight the whole time. You can never tell where he is, and the first time I fought him I could barely tell what he was. Clawz is chaotic, and rather proud of it. Cats love to be the center of attention, that's why he only lights his mice when he's in his spotlight-you have to watch.
Either that or he's just a fusion of "explosion!" and "getting attacked by a giant cat" nightmares.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I think he's the embodiment of all the "ZOMG I'm playing NiGHTS and I just beat Frozen Bell and now I need to fight the boss" dreams.
You know, I have those all the time...they seem so real.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Or he COULD be the embodiment of all those "OMG I can't beat this freaking hard-nut boss no matter what I do" dreams.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Personally, I think he's the embodiment of "OMG here comes another one of those topics" dreams! ^_^

Ba dum chh.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
^_^ I started it!

-Jackle Thread-

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Personally, I think he's the embodiment of "OMG here comes another one of those topics" dreams! :P

Ba dum chh.

O Rly? ^_^

I started it!

-Jackle Thread-

Eh? :D

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Eh? :P

Meh, forget it. ^_^

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
lol
this topic took a diffrent course while I wasn't looking.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Indeed it did, Tangocat. Let me put it back on track until the day its ready to be closed:

Clawz goes MRAOWR! What do the rest of you think? :D

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Indeed it did, Tangocat. Let me put it back on track until the day its ready to be closed:

Clawz goes MRAOWR! What do the rest of you think? :D

-thinks Clawz goes MRAWR- XP.

Anyawy, Clawz is full of love. *hugs Clawz and gets his vital organs mauled out.... again..... >>......* And he embodies chaos, and everything exploding at you at once. (i.e.: People yelling at you, bills need to be paid, computer is taken away, your best friend is mad at you, you need to get ready to go to the doctor's in a few minutes, etc. etc., all happening at one time. It causes you to go insane if you aren't good at multi-tasking, or blowing up all the mice bit by bit instead of going head-on.).

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

-thinks Clawz goes MRAWR- XP.

Anyawy, Clawz is full of love. *hugs Clawz and gets his vital organs mauled out.... again..... >>......* And he embodies chaos, and everything exploding at you at once. (i.e.: People yelling at you, bills need to be paid, computer is taken away, your best friend is mad at you, you need to get ready to go to the doctor's in a few minutes, etc. etc., all happening at one time. It causes you to go insane if you aren't good at multi-tasking, or blowing up all the mice bit by bit instead of going head-on.).

Love...right... :D *backs away slowly*

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Yeah...

I think he embodies how people can be unruly and possibly even 'wild' at times. Take Tarzan for instance.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I think Claris (or Elliot I forget) might've had a bad encounter encounter with an average ordinary cat. Some cats will chase you, bite you, they just keep coming, and their always the center of attention.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
The nightmaren can be divided into aspects of each of the children's fears.

Elliot:

Puffy - Representative of his mother, yes we know that. But what else? The ball shape seems to be an instant link to his fears over the basketball game. What exactly does it have to do with his old mum? God knows, but it's safe to assume that nightmares aren't just the result of a single problem. (Perhaps Mrs.Elliot hits him when he loses :D Or sings to him)

Clawz - Quick moving, jumping and bouncing all over the place. Elliot needs to mimic this to win, yet NiGHTS' relatively slow movement in comparison could perhaps show his inadequacy's?

Reala: The big bad of the fear. Not only his equal, but his better (the other team), slightly bigger and stronger than NiGHTS, this little guy reflects the obstacle he must overcome and the idea of bettering no only yourself, but your opposites (other team).

Claris:

Gillwing: Giant frog dragon thing, flies around screaming. Bad voice, bad looks. Claris needs to look good and have the voice of an angel. Pshaw. (tenuous link there)

Gulpo: Fish tank, the entire boss you are on the outside looking in. Claris' fear of public performance. Culpo screams and rattles his cage, desire to escape said situation. Overcoming this is overcoming stage fright.

Jackle: Laughing directors, dealing tarot cards, dealing her fate as a singer. Laughing crowds perhaps?

There, all nightmaren threads over via my unfounded speculation!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

|CHUNK O' GOOD STUFF|

When was the last time I told you I loved you, Alex? T_T I lost count.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

(Perhaps Mrs.Edwards hits him when he loses :D Or sings to him)

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Who's to say his parents are married? Don't discriminate against single mothers.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Excuse my language but "Clawz is an ass."

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Excuse my language but "Clawz is an ass."

Err.... if you don't mind me asking, why so? I know, though, he can be kinda hard to beat <.<''!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Err.... if you don't mind me asking, why so? I know, though, he can be kinda hard to beat <.<''!

Yes that is why. It took me at least 6 trys on him. I felt so ashamed after watching a YouTube video on how to finally beat him. Still, his meowing annoyed me. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users