Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Personal Ideya++

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Your personal Ideya (25 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you consider your 1 personal Ideya?

1. Red (Courage) (5 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Blue (Intelligence) (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

3. Yellow (Hope) (8 votes [32.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

4. Green (Wisdom) (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

5. White (Purity) (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

6. Other (Other color, not multiple) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Questions for answering in the comments:

If you have a Maren/Dreamer, what is their Ideya?

If it's not the same as yours, why?

Does the color of your Ideya match up with your life in any way?

Do you have any other strange quirks in your dream profile?

The Exile

The Exile

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
I think all dreamers have all the Ideya, just not in equal strengths. My strongest Ideya are white and yellow. I think my dream-self manifests their white Ideya the strongest, but this means the Nightmaren attack my white Ideya most often because it is the biggest and most obvious target.

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
If I had to choose one, I think mine would probably be white as well. I'd say yellow would be a strong second. I don't think I'm especially intelligent/wise, so I don't think blue or green would be my strongest. And I certainly don't have a red ideya; I'm too much of a scaredy-cat. :P

I think all dreamers have all the Ideya, just not in equal strengths.

I used to think that, too, until I found this page on the old NiGHTS site that states that "There are five different Ideya, although few people have them all." And yet, in JoD, Owl says that "All Visitors originally possess a total of five different Ideya." I have no idea which statement should be considered the "correct" one.

Maybe everyone has five Ideya total, but not necessarily one of each type? Maybe that's a part of what makes Claris, Elliot, Helen, and Will so special; they have all five separate types.

I guess it's really open to interpretation. That's a part of what makes me like the NiGHTS series so much; a lot of it is unexplained (or not explained very well) so the players can decide for themselves what to think.

Sorry, that was off-topic, wasn't it?
I choose white! :D

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Surprised I haven't gotten much of a response for the rest of the questions.

Personally, my dominant Ideya is Hope.

My maren reflects this. My favorite color is orange/yellow, and my birthstone is Citrine/Topaz so the colors are there too.

I'd like to insert a quick quirk about my dream profile. For my maren, the dreamer it's tied to has always struck me as being female. Not sure why that is, as I don't identify with females in any way.

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.
If there's an ideya for Creativity, I'd go with that color. Mind you, blue is my favorite color and if pressed I might even admit intelligence... I did spend a good deal of my academic career defining myself by my grades and arguing with myself over the intrinsic value of academic achievement in the real world, and expostulating on the inadequacies of our education system and the relationships between grades and actual intelligence... so I was tempted to choose blue. But I have also always been of a creative nature, and what gives me the most pleasure is to bring life to things-- words, lines on a page, characters and worlds, whether it be through drawings, writing, or acting. The act of creation brings me to life.
I'm sure my maren is the same.

So uh... what color is that, indigo? I'm choosing indigo because purple isn't blue enough, but if I can have blue as well, Creativity can be purple.

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Very intereseting! And moreso because you chose blue instead of the other choice in the poll. Do you actually feel like there are other Ideya colors? Do you feel like the solid colors are just amalgams, solid broad ideas that include lower level/different color Ideya attributes? I personally feel like raw intelligence would include inspiration as an attribute, which is what I would term what you are talking about.

Consider this a question for everyone.

Who feels that there are more Ideyas? Do you classify them as substructures, or combinations, or something else entirely?

I personally think in order to allow for other Ideya, I would have to classify them as derivatives of the 5 classical "Primary Ideya".

I really do plan on keeping up this thread and continuing to pose questions.

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.
Well I don't generally like to choose things outside of canon without more "evidence" to go on, but since you introduced the "other" option, I decided to expostulate.
Do I actually think there are other colors? Not really, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility/find it unreasonable. And I would disagree on the Inspiration label. Inspiration is not a trait, not something you can cultivate as tool for interacting with the world. You can't use or summon inspiration, you can only be inspired--it's an outside force, whereas Intelligence, Purity, Courage etc are things that come from within. Thus Creativity would better fit the bill, something you're born with and can continue to develop and nurture. I suppose you can also be inspiring, but that's the ability to fill others with purpose, lift people up and get them moving or engaged, which is not at all what I'm talking about in myself. I am literally talking about the ability to (keyword) create, to take the threads of other ideas and weave them into something new, to look at the world and see it in a unique way. If I inspire anyone with my work, that's an unintentional byproduct, and I certainly can't control what inspires me or when. In fact creativity is what lets you push through and create even when inspiration won't hit.

If indeed there are other Ideya, I would classify them as... other Ideya. The canonical five would perhaps be the essential Ideya, the most important for Dreamers or maybe just the most basic, so Primary works. Maybe any others would be known as secondary? I don't really know what they would be... perhaps something like Empathy as well as Creativity? I mean it really depends how we're defining Intelligence here, which is a whole 'nother conversation. General intelligence? Academic? Ability to process information? Are we including emotional intelligence? I personally separate Intelligence from Creativity, which is why I'd make it a whole different Ideya. I.e. Intelligence is the ability to absorb and analyze information, and then apply that information in a logical, reasonable way. Creativity is the ability to create NEW information, to think outside the box and use or interpret given information in ways that the average person might not think of. And I'm also here defining Intelligence in a purely cerebral fashion, which would make it a completely different animal from emotional intelligence, which for the sake of this conversation I'm going to label Empathy. If we use these definitions, then no, I would not consider these two hypothetical Ideya as derivatives of the primaries. You can be as intelligent as the day is long, but that doesn't mean you can make up a good bedtime story.

But uh... yeah, I basically stick to the five mentioned in the games. And actually, I haven't answered the poll yet : D I just posted.

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
I see, so maybe someone answered and didn't post? Hmm. I agree, inspiration would not be an Ideya as they should be defined. Do you feel that rather than derivatives they are combinations in the way derivative colors are? If we assume intelligence is the overarcing idea of concious knowledge as opposed to Wisdom, which would be unconcious knowledge. Then Courage, which is will, etc, then I can easily see everything being derivative, though I can also see them as rigid ideas of the same types, thus forcing any 'other' Ideya to be combinations.

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

Also vote, WiNGS! lol

Generating an Ideya to draw on for power, which radiates its primary color, while being its own color!

Teal energy with a blue halo!

Sorry, I'm very imaginitive towards the epic.

dallie15

dallie15

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Infernape, Pokemon, uh.... isn't NiGHTS a given? I also love
    drawing.
I don't really have a Maren or a Dreamer. Although if I had a Nightmaren character, she'd have nunchucks :D

I'm sure Nunchuk would have the Ideya of Purity. Why not Courage? Cuz everyone says courage.

In this stage of life, when I get angry for the silliest reasons, I wouldn't exactly call myself pure....although my loved ones say I'm not a bad girl.

I choose Green (Wisdom) for my Ideya. I say Green because I have excelled so much in the last 3 years in wisdom. I went from sucking at math to getting Highest GPA (Grade Point Average) in ALL subjects. Then, I was in PACE (It's a special class for gifted students) and I regularly film in the Newscast. To top it all off, I'm now the Secretary of the Student Council at my school. I didn't even sign up for it, my teacher just picked me. And I'm not even in High School, yet! I also feel like I've learned alot about being social. I'm nice to everyone, no matter what they do. I don't try to be fake like I did in Elementary School. I just be myself. I also try to communicate my feelings instead of jumbling them inside. And you know what? I've got great friends and everyone at school treats me nicely. I don't even have to defend myself, people defend me XD. So yes, I think the Green Ideya of Wisdom fits me well.

Any strange quirks in my profile? Well, other than I'm watching you read this right now.....

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Why do I think I'm courage?

Well, I'm not particularly pure, or wise, I'm smart, but I'm not very hopeful ...

I guess I would say that I'm courage because I don't back down from challenges. It's not easy to face my fears, but it's something I've been able to do. There's nothing you can't do if you have a little spirit. There's a lot I've had to face down in my life and I've done it every time without flinching.

If I have one true virtue, it's the red virtue of courage.

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

I don't really have a Maren or a Dreamer. Although if I had a Nightmaren character, she'd have nunchucks :D

I'm sure Nunchuk would have the Ideya of Purity. Why not Courage? Cuz everyone says courage.

In this stage of life, when I get angry for the silliest reasons, I wouldn't exactly call myself pure....although my loved ones say I'm not a bad girl.

I choose Green (Wisdom) for my Ideya. I say Green because I have excelled so much in the last 3 years in wisdom. I went from sucking at math to getting Highest GPA (Grade Point Average) in ALL subjects. Then, I was in PACE (It's a special class for gifted students) and I regularly film in the Newscast. To top it all off, I'm now the Secretary of the Student Council at my school. I didn't even sign up for it, my teacher just picked me. And I'm not even in High School, yet! I also feel like I've learned alot about being social. I'm nice to everyone, no matter what they do. I don't try to be fake like I did in Elementary School. I just be myself. I also try to communicate my feelings instead of jumbling them inside. And you know what? I've got great friends and everyone at school treats me nicely. I don't even have to defend myself, people defend me XD. So yes, I think the Green Ideya of Wisdom fits me well.

Any strange quirks in my profile? Well, other than I'm watching you read this right now.....

Green is good. Remember, part of innocence is overreacting due to not being exposed to enough negative to begin being jaded. It makes sense, really.

Why do I think I'm courage?

...but I'm not very hopeful ...

There's nothing you can't do if you have a little spirit.

If I have one true virtue, it's the red virtue of courage.

So if you feel this way how can you not consider yourself hopeful?

I would think this is a very hopeful stance to take.

Please feel free to answer the other questions I've asked!

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.

Green is good. Remember, part of innocence is overreacting due to not being exposed to enough negative to begin being jaded. It makes sense, really.

So if you feel this way how can you not consider yourself hopeful?

I would think this is a very hopeful stance to take.

Please feel free to answer the other questions I've asked!

TORi's idea is probably blue intelligence. He's a very sharp minded individual. There's not much he can't do if he sets his mind to it. It's not the same as mine because he's much smarter than I am, less brave, and certainly less innocent than I. I don't know that we're particularly changing people ... I feel like my idea stands for the challenges I've had to face, but really I probably have all the virtues to varying degrees, I just think that red is my strongest. And on that note, apparently hope. You're right, that was a hopeful thing to say. Other than that, I think that my oddest quirk is that I am a lucid dreamer.

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting
I think mostly green for me because I don't have a good self-esteem and I don't get the grades as well. But I always plan ahead and think things through before acting upon it.

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

RAAAAAGH!

I have returned, and seeing that there are new people and some have been active recently(GASP) please anyone who sees the topic vote and answer my questions!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I feel like I'm more of a hoping sort of person. Like, I always hope things work out or I hope I'm able to do so and so. So yeah, yellow ideya it is. 

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.

My first post in nearly 2 years. Hot damn. :blink:

It's a toss-up between red and blue, but I voted red. Though, I see it as more of ambition than flat out courage for me. I've never really been afraid of failure, so it never stops me, even though I have faced failure from time to time. I always want to try new things and make a difference in people's lives.

Though I hate being that person who flat out says "yeah, I'm totally super smart", I've always excelled and been concerned with academics. I'm in one of the most competitive medical career masters degree programs out there, and succeeding for the most part. It's just always been sorta natural for me to want to learn and put it to action.

The other three don't pertain to me as much, I suppose. I don't really see myself as a shining beacon of purity, I can't consider myself that wise because I'm not that experienced, and I'm much more of a "do-er" than a hoper.

Can't say red relates to me in anyway, and I don't really have a dream profie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users