Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How does it feel coming back to it all?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I am curious about how everyone feels overall about the game. It would be fun to compare how everyone feels coming back to the game, as well as those finally getting a chance to play it for the first time.

I would like to try and avoid too much in depth talk about the controls though. There are already a lot of topics about that and I personally don't see any problem with them to begin with. (D-Pad causes me much pain in my fingers but it always did that. I had a blister after about a week of playing the Saturn game originally.)

The last time I played this game was very briefly on the PS2 about six months ago. Before then, it had been years. I am still having trouble remembering where everything is in the levesl. Yet,, it all seems so familiar at the same time. I am really enjoying coming back to this game and having an easier way to play it. Its funny to see me getting such terrible grades at it when I used to have all A's. I actually lost to Gillwing. Can I have my noob award now please?

The only issue is that I am feeling really dizzy while playing this game. When I put the game on pause, my body feels very light and out of place. It is hard to explain. Pro tip guys, sit as far back as you can while playing this game. I have the TV right next to the computer so I have to sit up close. Add that to just getting off of work after a 8 hour shift, and it being 2 AM, and you get a really weird out of body experience here.

Going to scoot my chair a bit further back now....

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
I usually play games with my face right up to the laptop screen.

NiGHTS NAUSEA TIME

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
for me its weird in a sense that i went from offline being a fan of something pretty obscure for years to then having an an entire office talking about NiGHTS daily. It felt really - REALLY - weird. Like i'd landed in the twilight zone, lol.

Playing it with my friends who've never played it before it the coolest/weirdest thing too.

As for me actually -playing- the game though I found i'd become better at levels i used to avoid. I'd also managed to breed a King pian too. I learnt tons because i had to study it daily. Literally study @_@

I also still zone out and just rely on muscle memory. Nice to chill out to.

Thoughtcrime82

Thoughtcrime82

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I'm a joker, I'm a gamer, I'm a midnight toker.
Although I already have a Saturn w/Nights I was more excited about this release than any game in ages. After staying up all night waiting for XBLA Nights to come online I fell asleep at around 9am, waking up around midday and downloading immediately.

It was a delight to see this version, though at first I struggled with the difference in control and with my thirty year old reflexes, the game became easier the more I played.

Before long I was on the leaderboards, and while not in the top ten I was hovering around comfortably in the top 50 for a while on some levels (18th on frozen bell!), which was a great novelty for me as I'm not ever in the leaderboards for games usually. These leaderboards kept me coming back for more and will continue to, 'cos even if you're number 100 there's still 99's score to beat.

Having Nights available at the touch of a button and the knowledge that so many others are playing it - some for the first time, along with the Sega Saturn dreams being available and the A Life being intact. All these factors made me smile.

It feels great coming back to it all, the music makes me feel 15 again.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
The hell? Since when was I this rusty? Finally got the port today X3

Getting a Dreamy felt easier, but I can see how the PS3 analog itself, meaning the controller, is not as smooth as the Saturn's, which can make it feel a bit rougher. Nightmaren overall seem to be more aggressive..

Was the music track "After the Dream" omitted in the PS2 version as well? I see only "Message from Nightopia" plays at the end of a level.. d'oh

Master D

Master D

Lurker

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:games and roller coasters! OH! And Bob (guinea pig).
My re-experience experience was a joyful one. I was irritated at the fact that I had to go to work while the game downloaded. Next day I was off though! I played till my fingers hurt!! and just for a little while, I was 2ND in mystic forest. Yes, I took a picture! Though I cant find where I stored it. :P

I never minded the controller issue because my 3D controller for Saturn broke and my emulator runs with the digital pad. I was amazed how I, by mistake, Defeated Gilwing with one loop for the first time ever. A big <GASP> was the least I said! There's witnesses to this that were in a party at the time!

After the update....WHOA! the controllers changed WAY to much. I had to re-learn the thing! I loved that nights now flies faster and much more Saturn like. Even if there's a few things like the controller issue in the....Roller coaster thing in Stick Canyon...MEH! I'll live! Is just a little challenge...(grrr).

Over all I Enjoy this WAY after the achievements were complete, although there where a bit TOO easy, but again like I said. I get more...Achievement feeling now on every "new record" (I swear i hear that voice from Mario party back in the N64 days...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users